Change || The Promised Neverl...

By absolute_bullsnake

๐„ž The Promised Neverland x F!Reader ๐„ž "People change, whether we like it or not." Grace Field Orphanage was... More

โ™ซ Prologue: Meeting โ™ซ
โ™ซ Chapter One: Mud โ™ซ
โ™ซ Chapter Two: Learn โ™ซ
โ™ซ Chapter Three: Understand โ™ซ
โ™ซ Chapter Four: Person โ™ซ
โ™ซ Chapter Five: Wonder โ™ซ
โ™ซ Chapter Six: History โ™ซ
โ™ช Chapter Seven: Breathe โ™ช
โ™ช Chapter Eight: You โ™ช
โœผ Chapter Nine: Family โœผ
โœผ Chapter Ten: Side โœผ
โœผ Chapter Eleven: Pretend โœผ
โœผ Chapter Twelve: Behind โœผ
โœผ Chapter Thirteen: Game โœผ
โœผ Chapter Fourteen: Strings โœผ
โœผ Chapter Fifteen: Connected โœผ
โœผ Chapter Sixteen: Reveal โœผ
โœผ Chapter Seventeen: Hidden โœผ
โœผ Chapter Nineteen: Control โœผ
โœผ Chapter Twenty: Look โœผ
โœผ Chapter Twenty-One: Search โœผ
โšœ Chapter Twenty-Two: Smile โšœ
โšœ Chapter Twenty-Three: Human โšœ
โšœ Chapter Twenty-Four: Words โšœ
โšœ Chapter Twenty-Five: Burn โšœ
โšœ Chapter Twenty-Six: Mirror โšœ
โšœ Chapter Twenty-Seven: Doll โšœ
โšœ Chapter Twenty-Eight: Ghosts โšœ
โšœ Chapter Twenty-Nine: Snake โšœ
โšœ Chapter Thirty: Kid โšœ
โšœ Chapter Thirty-One: Alive โšœ
โšœ Chapter Thirty-Two: Mask โšœ
โšœ Chapter Thirty-Three: House โšœ
โšœ Chapter Thirty-Four: Run โšœ
โšœ Chapter Thirty-Five: Find โšœ
โšœ Chapter Thirty-Six: Monster โšœ
โšœ Chapter Thirty-Seven: Erase โšœ
โžด Chapter Thirty-Eight: Ground โžด
โžด Chapter Thirty-Nine: Wander โžด
โžด Chapter Forty: Safe โžด
โžด Chapter Forty-One: Bind โžด
โžด Chapter Forty-Two: Breakโžด
โžด Chapter Forty-Three: Homeโžด
โžด Epilogue: Wish โžด
Book 2

โœผ Chapter Eighteen: Trust โœผ

17.9K 851 1.3K
By absolute_bullsnake

<< And why should we trust you? >>

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

look at his smug lil face I love him so much

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

"I feel better, now that we told them the truth," Emma admitted, straightening the tablecloth, Norman agreeing softly. 

In the end, the timing was perfect, he thought to himself. "We have one week until we carry out our plan," he said. "The preparations are going well."

Norman averted his eyes, tightening his grip on the tablecloths. The only issue is how to trick Ray. It's fine is [Name] notices, since she'll go along with whatever we're doing, but Ray can and will get in our way. With how things are going right now, it's impossible to take everyone without him noticing.

"The only problem is how to escape with everyone," he muttered. 

"Actually about that," Emma turned around. "I tried to figure out on my own how to escape with everyone."

.

.

.

"Do you think it's reckless?" Emma asked nervously. 

"Absolutely," Norman said. Emma furrowed her eyebrows.

"But we can catch Mom off guard with this plan," she defended. "Realistically, this is the only way to escape with everyone."

"Yeah," Norman agreed. He could also trick Ray with this plan. He glanced back at the house. "But still..."

"Should we tell the others?" Emma asked. Norman shook his head. The ginger hummed. "Do you really think Ray will take everyone? Even [Name] was against it."

The albino bent down to take a basket of clothes. "Of course. They've been doing everything for our sake, after all." His expression saddened. "It was always for the two of us."

"Two of us?" Emma repeated. Norman shook his head.

"Don't worry," he assured. "I'll talk to them about it later."

"...Okay," Emma accepted, and they left towards the House.

Don met them in the hallway, holding two cans. "I stole them as you asked. Detergent and herbicide." He glanced up. "The hell are you going to use these for?"

Norman smiled, taking the cans. "They'll come in handy for our investigation."

Gilda tilted her head. "Investigation as in scoping out the vicinity, right?" She bit her lip nervously. "That means we're going to climb the wall and look outside, right? What about the tracking devices?"

"Oh!" Emma grinned. "We just have to make sure they don't check their transmitters!"

"We'll have Mom and Sister looking somewhere else," Norman explained. "We'll create a situation where they would never be looking at their trackers, and inspect the area during that time."

"Uh, how are you going to do that exactly?" Don inquired. Norman smirked.

"We're having Ray and [Name] stall Mom by giving her false information," he revealed smugly. "As for Sister, I already have a plan in mind."

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

"So the two of you had a fight?" Isabella asked, returning the bandages into the first-aid kit. [Name] huffed.

"Yes," she admitted, scratching at the bandage on her cheek. "We had a difference of opinion."

Ray leaned back. "She was getting too into the part of pretending to agree. She might've convinced Norman if I didn't step in."

"You are so lucky I didn't decide to kick your teeth in," [Name] retorted, dropping her hand. Ray rolled his eyes.

"You're too soft with them," he shot back. Isabella sighed, putting away the kit.

"Enough of that," she said sternly. "So, what did you want to tell me?"

The two traitors looked up from their staged argument. "Norman is trying to kill you," they said in sync.

Isabella's eyes shot open, now on high alert. She closed her eyes, smiling to herself confidently. "Well, if he wants to escape with everyone, that's something he would think of. And?"

"He's been collecting items," [Name] reported. "When I was doing laundry, I noticed that a couple of cans of detergent were missing. The same thing with the herbicide, this morning. I believe he's getting desperate, so killing you must be necessary to prevent you from acting. So he's collected anything he can get his hands on."

"Including that rope that was too short?" Isabella sneered. [Name] sighed.

"Correct."

Ray spread his arms irritatedly. "I tried to stop him, but [Name] started agreeing with his plan. She even started encouraging him! So I had to snap her out it."

"I had to pretend that I was on their side!" [Name] replied angrily. Of course, she wasn't actually angry.

"So that's how you got that bruise," Isabella smiled at [Name] mockingly, amusement in her eyes. The (h/c) gave Ray a dark look in the corner of her eyes, to which he responded by rolling his eyes.

Their foster mother hummed, thinking deeply. "Murder by poison, hm? Chemicals could be problematic."

"True." [Name]'s gaze darkened. "But don't ship them out early. I want them to live to the end, at 12 years old. To live in the House without any discomforts."

"Of course," Isabella agreed. "That was our deal."

"So I suggest that we replace the chemicals with something else," Ray said. Isabella walked towards the two.

"Do you know where he hid them?" she inquired. [Name] nodded. Isabella looked off and out the window. "Then let's deal with this tomorrow. Is that all you have to report?"

"Yep." Ray looked condescendingly at his mother. "Or is something bothering you?"

"Not at all," she answered. Her eyes flicked to [Name], clearly telling Ray "Not while she's in the room".

[Name] frowned, her gaze narrowing into a suspicious stare. She stood up, walking to the door. "I'll go check up on Sister. I saw her running off somewhere."

"Yes," Isabella agreed. "Make sure she isn't... getting in the way, will you?"

"She'll get in the way regardless of what I do," [Name] sighed, opening the door. "I'll report to you tonight."

She shut it harder than she intended, slamming the door in Isabella's face.

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

"Phil." [Name] stopped beside the small boy, who looked up at her with that darn face of his. They were now outside the House. "Did you see where Sister ran off too?"

Phil tilted his head. "Uh..." he pointed towards the forest. "She ran there a few minutes ago. Do you think they're in trouble?"

[Name] sighed. "They'll be fine. She can't prove anything. Thanks, Phil."

"Mhm!" Phil hummed happily, skipping off to meet with Sherry. [Name] ran a hand through her hair, walking off into the forest, jumping on the trunk of a tree to propel herself through the woods. Her eyes narrowed, seeing Krone an inch away from Emma and Gilda's faces, the ginger holding onto the other protectively.

"Do you want to join forces?" The woman asked not-so-innocently. 

[Name] landed delicately in between the two, startling both parties.

"What do you think you're doing, Sister?" she asked, calm but deadly, the overprotective side of her beginning to take over. "Is there something I should know?"

"Oh, just in time, dear [Name]~," the woman cooed. "I was just getting to the good part."

"Don't play games with me," the (h/c) retorted, blocking the girls behind her from Krone's field of vision. "What do you mean 'join forces'? If that doesn't scream 'sketchy', I don't know what does."

"Oh, you wound me!" Krone placed the back of her hand on her forehead, pretending to faint. "Such a cruel girl you are."

[Name] rolled her eyes, silently accessing the situation. Why would Krone try and join forces with them, if she was planning to ship them out? [Name] heard her rant all those days ago. She knew Krone's plan. Her first priority was to ship them-

[Name]'s eyes widened. Or perhaps, she couldn't. That would explain why she wasn't making any moves. Norman smirked.

She figured it out. Quick as always, [Name].

The (h/c) bit her lip. But why couldn't Krone ship them? She had authority and trust, did she not? She relaxed, looking up to meet the tall woman's eyes. Right now, she should just get information out of her. That could answer her question.

"...Norman, your call?" she mumbled. She trusted the albino more than she trusted herself.

"Don't worry. I think we'll be fine," he said calmly. "Let's hear her out."

The (h/c) nodded briefly, turning back to Krone. The Sister smirked, her mind also working as they conversed.

"That's right," she said mockingly. "We should cooperate to each achieve our goals."

[Name] narrowed her eyes. "I have already cooperated with you, Sister. I don't see why they need to be in the equation."

"Well, I've decided to assist the culprits directly," Krone declared, getting all up in [Name]'s face, "since you've already done so much for me~."

A chill of disgust and fear running down [Name]'s spine as she stepped away from the adult. Ma'am, your tone is beginning to tread on pedo-

"What do you mean, our goals?" Emma spoke up, cutting off [Name]'s thoughts (that she totally didn't say aloud). Krone jutted her finger at Emma, straightening and moving away from [Name].

"You kids want to escape." She patted her chest. "I want to drag Isabella down from her position and take her place as the Mom of this House. I want to escape too," she tugged down her collar, revealing her own code. "From my current situation."

The children gasped, recognizing the serial number as a cattle specifier for Grace Field.

Another orphan, raised here? [Name] subconsciously growled. A traitor to the cattle...but I'm no better.

Krone tilted her body to the side. "Say, do you know about the management system, here at Grace Field?"

[Name]'s gaze narrowed in one similar to that of a hawk, following the adult as she began to circle the group of kids. She didn't trust Krone one bit, but she didn't pose a major threat to them... yet. She had to keep her guard up, no matter how tempting it was to let it down.

"Girls who fulfill certain conditions and live until 12 years old are presented with two paths when they're about to be shipped," Krone explained. "One, to continue and die. Two, to aim to become a Mom."

"What are the conditions?" Don asked. Krone loomed over him.

"I'm glad you asked~!" she held up two fingers as she answered. "Scores above a certain number, and the Mom's recommendation. If you can meet these two requirements, you can survive without escaping. Of course, this is only available to girls."

"But I don't recommend it. You'll never be able to leave this place." She started to unbutton her shirt. [Name] gasped, moving to cover her friends' eyes as she glared at Krone.

"Sister-"

"Calm down, [Name]," Krone sounded amused as she tugged down her clothes to reveal a scar. "I'm only showing them this."

[Name]'s eyes widened, seeing the stitches running down Krone's chest, jagged and rough. Her arms dropped, revealing the wound to her friends.

"What is that?" Emma whispered, horrified.

"There's a chip inside," Krone explained, fixing her clothing back up again. "If an adult steps one foot outside the farm, an electrical current will be sent through this and her heart will stop."

[Name] frowned as her friends gulped behind her. They would die if they stepped one foot outside the farm? Then perhaps they could kill the adults, but make it look like an accident. Her mind was already racing to formulate a plan to kill off her caretakers.

"At the same time," Krone said, bringing [Name]'s attention back to her, "if something else makes her heart stop, it acts as a transmitter that notifies the higher-ups."

The (h/c)'s gaze turned calculating. So they had no choice but to make it seem as if the adult tried to escape. She hummed. If they used a younger child, say, Phil, who acted as if they were stuck on the top of the wall, they could lure one of the adults up there. Then it would just be a matter of pushing them off-

She shook her head. No, that wouldn't work. Her caretakers were too smart for that. A child getting stuck on top of the wall they knew nothing about would seem too suspicious.

[Name] exhaled. "So we can't kill you after all."

Emma blinked, staring at the girl's disturbingly disappointed tone and expression. Did she really consider killing off their captors? More importantly, why was she so disappointed?

Krone smiled sadly. "I can only live on the farms. That's why I want to live in the best way possible. Even if it's a fake life, I want to live as a human should. Playing as the mother of this house, surrounded by a warm family of cute children and their love for me. But Isabella, the current Mom, is in the way."

She turned to the children, smirking cruelly. "If you all escape, she will take the blame, and she'll be killed." She swiveled around. "I won't stop you from escaping. It would benefit me, after all."

"You're not going to ship us out?" Gilda repeated, eyes wide with disbelief. "We're the targets."

"I won't," Krone shook her head, spreading her arms dramatically. Don and Gilda flinched. "So let's cooperate! We have the same enemy in Mother Isabella. Let us work together to oust her."

[Name] glanced at Norman, a silent conversation initiating between them. She smiled.

You get it, right?

Norman smirked. Naturally. It's not that she won't ship us out. She can't.

Do you understand why, though? [Name] questioned.

She doesn't have the authority nor the evidence, Norman answered. The demons trust Mom more than her. That's why her only choice is to get close to us.

[Name] opened her mouth in an 'o' shape. I see. So we just have to make sure we don't give anything away, right?

Norman nodded. Precisely. Now that she's failed to get evidence from both you and Gilda, she's approaching all of us this time. But still, whether we escape or not, she benefits either way.

The two turned to Krone. Isn't that right, Sister Krone?

Krone smirked. Even so, do you have a choice? You have to join me, or I'll get in the way of your escape. We can use each other. Isn't that the option with the highest chance of winning?

The woman held out her hand towards the albino, who walked up to the woman. "Let's join forces~."

[Name]'s eyes narrowed at the Sister from behind Norman. She didn't like the adult using that tone on her friend. Her overprotective side had begun to flare up once more. Krone felt the murderous glare from behind the albino, smirking slightly.

I ought to stop talking like that if I want to get on her good side, she realized.

Norman stiffened, feeling [Name]'s bloodlust, slightly terrified of her aura. He turned around nervously, motioning for the girl to tone it down a bit. He didn't mind her overprotectiveness, but sometimes she seriously scared him.

The (h/c) in question rose an eyebrow but gave in regardless, toning down her aura. However, she did step closer to Norman, placing a hand on his shoulder and continuing to death-stare Krone. Norman stiffened, his heart skipping a beat from the close proximity with the female. He sighed, shaking his head, turning back to the awaiting Krone (who did not miss that blunder).

"...Fine," he reached out to shake her hand, his voice stone-cold and under control. But we'll be the only ones taking advantage of the other.

"Wait." Emma's face was oddly feral, her emerald gaze burning from within her eyes. Her face reeked of suspicion towards the only adult near them. "I agree with your decision, but I need to verify something with Sister."

"What is it?" Krone tilted her head, an amused smirk on her face. Emma glared at the woman.

"Where's the guarantee that you won't betray us?" she seethed. Krone pouted, which was more creepy rather than cute.

"Aw~" she cooed, playfully offended. "You don't trust me~?

"Just answer!" The ginger shouted. [Name] blinked, startled by the ginger's rare anger.

"Emma..." she said quietly. "Don't lose control."

The bright-haired girl glanced back at her friend. [Name] gave a small nod at her, her eyes prompting. Emma sighed, forcing herself to calm down.

"So?" she asked, her rage slightly concealed. Krone smirked.

"It's those two traitors of yours," she said. "[Name] and Ray. If they snitch on me, they can destroy me. But if I snitch instead, I can destroy them. We both have guns at each others' heads. That's why neither of us can betray the other. Is that enough of an answer?"

Emma narrowed her eyes. "...Okay."

"Then it's a deal," Krone decided, shaking hands with Norman. As she released his hand, she started to dance in place excitedly ([Name] shivered, having been reminded of the singing she had been forced to listen to). "I'll also share any other information that only I have access to, as a sign of my goodwill."

Gilda flinched, clearly remembering the last time she had been in Krone's room. [Name] patted the greenette's shoulder, sympathizing with her traumatic experience.

Krone hummed, petting Gilda's head with a mockingly concerned face. "Don't be so frightened, Gilda. I'm not mad at you. In fact, I'm grateful."

She grinned, taking her hand off of the greenette. "After all," she cooed. "It was because you two made waves that I was able to specify the targets."

Don and Gilda stiffened, horror and guilt rushing into them and onto their faces at the realization. Krone laughed, skipping off towards the House. "I'll see you later~!"

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

The evening had now settled over the House, dying the sky multiple hues of pink. [Name] stared outside the window, watching Krone play with the kids. The rest of the targets sat behind her, Emma in particular the angriest. Ray leaned on the wall next to the (h/c), processing the information he had received.

"She wants to live the best possible life, huh," Emma spat out. The ginger was burning holes into the wooden floors with her eyes, her fists tightening. "She was one of us too. Yet she thinks that continuing to watch children get killed is the best way to live. That it's a way for humans to live."

[Name] only continued to watch the sunset, humming to herself. "That's what most Moms and Sisters believe, unfortunately. Humans are selfish by nature, and when you're put into that kind of situation..." she trailed off, seeing Emma's face. "Anyways, I think we should be careful with that Sister. I, for one, don't trust her one bit."

"Me neither," Norman agreed. "It's pretty obvious that she still plans on shipping us out."

"But she said that she wouldn't," Gilda said softly. [Name] shook her head.

"More like she can't," she said, turning to the others. "I had to spy on her for a good while. Her first priority is to ship us out, but she can't because she doesn't have the authority."

Norman nodded. "Exactly. If she really wanted us to escape, she would assist us quietly when the time is right. She's only showing us her cards because she wants to gain our trust."

"Why does she want our trust?" Don asked.

Norman looked grim in the dim light. "She wants evidence that shows our rebellion," he explained. "Basically, she's in a position where the higher-ups won't trust her without reliable evidence. But this situation is favorable for us. Authority and trust aren't easy to gain."

[Name] smiled. "So as long as we don't give her evidence, Sister won't have any choice but to let us escape. The only two incriminating things I can think of are the rope and the tracking device equipment."

"The rope we can explain away," Ray said. "But we're doomed if she finds the equipment to break the tracking devices. That's the kind of evidence we can't make excuses for."

Gilda and Don stiffened. Ray pushed himself off the wall, putting his hands into his pockets.

"Don't worry," he said nonchalantly. "I won't make that kind of mistake. It's not even finished yet."

"If we have her believe that we don't know where the tracking devices are," Norman said, "or how to break it, there shouldn't be an issue. I'm sure Sister will believe us if we're careful."

"Are you two really going to go?" Gilda asked, frightened. "You're dealing with that Sister! It sounds nice that she'll tell us anything we want to know, but..."

"I'll be blunt," Don said. "Why do we have to join forces with her?"

"If we use her well, we might obtain some information," Norman explained. "And [Name] probably hasn't asked her everything. Besides, if she joins us, one less person is getting in our way."

"I suppose," [Name] pushed herself off of the windowsill, walking up to her two friends. She placed a hand on each of their heads, ruffling their hair. "But still, be careful, okay? If that Sister does anything weird, tell me and I'll have a talk with her."

"We know," Norman smiled assuringly. "We'll be fine."

"You better be," [Name] said quietly, taking her hands off of their heads.

"Actually, Ray, [Name], can I talk to you for a bit?" Norman asked. [Name] tilted her head, following him and the ravenette as Emma spoke to Don and Gilda. She glanced back at the other three, catching onto their drift.

They're going to do something... something so that they can take everyone. That's the only reason Norman would lead only Ray and me away. But what are they planning? It has to do with Sister, I know that. But what?

She gave Norman a suspicious look, but shrugged it off. The albino inwardly sighed in relief. Thank goodness it was [Name] that was onto him, not Ray. Her eyes were keener than Ray's, so she noticed more things, but she was sure to be on their side. Norman had heard her confession that day, after all.

"It's not guaranteed that she'll tell us the truth," Ray said, "Even if we don't give her evidence."

"That's true," Norman agreed. "I'm sure she'll mix in lies here and there. But I would like to get as much information as possible, and mislead her about our intentions."

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

[Name] was patrolling the hallways, her signature lantern in hand. Isabella had started to make her do this more in case her friends tried to move at night. But [Name] was more focused on one thing - their conversation with the Sister.

She neared the Sister's door, only to stop short when she saw what was outside of it. Don and Gilda, along with Anna, Nat, Thoma, and Lani, stared at her in horror.

"Don't let [Name] or Ray find out," Gilda recalled Emma's instructions. "They don't want to take everyone."

And yet, here was [Name], staring at them, her lantern's light making her all the more ominous. She scanned over them briefly, narrowing her eyes as she processed the new information. She smiled softly as her mind put the pieces together.

Oh, so that's what they're doing. That's... very reckless. I wouldn't have seen it coming, and neither should Ray.

[Name] only walked past the group, pressing a finger to her lips before she moved onto the next hallway. She entered Isabella's office, seeing Ray turn over a camera (his latest prize) in his hands with an excited smile, something she wasn't used to seeing.

"I've finished my patrol," she reported. "Everyone is asleep, including the culprits. I've checked their breathing and pulse, and everything seems to be in order."

"And Sister Krone?" Isabella prompted. [Name]'s expression visibly soured.

"I heard her planning to root around in the House. She's planning to find evidence by searching the culprits' beds and rooms."

"I see," Isabella hummed. "Is that all?"

[Name] turned her eyes back to the black-haired woman. She nodded. Isabella smiled.

"Good. Be sure to rest up tonight, we have a lot to do tomorrow, with the replacing of chemicals."

"Alright," [Name] said, putting out her lantern. Ray glanced up at her.

"Hey, [Name]?" he asked. The (h/c) turned around, only for a flash of bright light to blind her. She flinched, shutting her eyes as she heard Ray snicker in amusement.

"Ray!" she protested, rubbing her eyes and walking over to him. Ray snorted as she pushed his head playfully, leaning over his shoulder to look at the picture. 

"There's nothing shown at first," he explained. Soon enough, the picture of [Name] faded into visibility. "And there you go."

The (h/c) in question wrinkled her nose at the photograph, she had been caught mid-flinch. Ray barked in laughter at the photo, grabbing it and stowing it away in his pocket before [Name] could burn it. [Name] pouted, rolling her eyes.

"Rude," she said teasingly. She brightened, looking at the camera. "Hey, want to take a picture together?"

Ray gave her a small smile. "Sure."

"Okay, then," [Name] pulled a chair next to Ray, squeezing herself into his side. "Hold it up so that we both get caught in it, okay?"

Ray's breath caught in his throat as [Name] leaned her head on his shoulder. He cleared his throat, shaking his head and holding up the camera. He should have been used to [Name]'s habit by now, and she was only doing this so that they could fit into the picture.

He held up the camera, counting down. "1, 2, 3..."

Click.

[Name] pulled away as Ray took out the photograph, waiting for the picture to form excitedly. Ray smiled fondly as the picture formed, his and [Name]'s beaming faces looking back at them. This moment in time had forever been capture on paper.

"How does it look? Can I see it?" Ray glanced up at his awaiting friend.

"I look great." He grinned teasingly, holding the photograph at an angle where [Name] couldn't see its contents. "Can't say the same for you."

"Hey!" [Name] protested, attempting to snatch the photograph. Ray held it high up above her head, for once utilizing his one-inch height difference over her like she had done to Norman so many times before.

"Children," Isabella cleared her throat. [Name] looked from where she was about to latch onto Ray and climb up his body in order to get the photo. Luckily for Ray's pride (and heart), Isabella had interrupted them just in time so that she didn't tackle him like the tree gremlin she was.

"What." [Name]'s face was annoyed as she stood back flat on her feet, leaving Ray alone. The ravenette sighed in relief, thankful that he was free of [Name]'s monkey-like habits. For now.

"Is there anything else you need?" Isabella prompted, fighting back an adoring smile at the two's antics. It was rather cute, really, how easily Ray got flustered by [Name].

"Oh, right," Ray coughed into his fist. "Regarding that matter, is it alright if it's after lunch?"

"Yes, that's fine," Isabella agreed.

With that, the two spies walked off and into the hallways, moving towards their room. [Name] hummed to herself softly, looking up as the midnight clock ran, echoing through the halls. Her eyes brightened as she looked out one of the windows, running up to it.

"Ray, look." The ravenette glanced at his friend. She pointed at the sky, where their single source light hung in the sky, no stars to be found. Ray rose an eyebrow, moving to stand beside her at the window.

"It's a full moon tonight."

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

i know i give ray too much love but like it's really easy to do that due to mc's character

but anyways, i figured i give you all some fluff before you know, everyone dies-

aHEM I MEAN- before the trauma and tears :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

430K 17.4K 39
๐ก๐ž ๐ญ๐จ๐ฅ๐ ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ข๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐จ๐ซ๐ฅ๐, ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐ฌ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐ฆ๐ข๐ฅ๐ž๐, ๐›๐ž๐œ๐š๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ฌ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐ญ๐จ๐จ, ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ฒ...
37.8K 2.1K 8
[[DISCONTINUED]] โœง The Promised Neverland x F!Reader โœง "Would you forgive your best friend, if they killed your worst enemy?" With the destruction of...
37.8K 2K 52
You were born on an orphanage called "Grace Field" and have been raised there since then. As the time goes, you have three best friends with age the...
115K 2.6K 91
Emma, Norman y/n and ray are all orphans and best friends living at Grace Field House Orphanage. Every day is full of games and joy. One fateful day...