Copy Cat: Illumi x Reader

By enchantedlioness

"You'll never be good enough," is what (y/n)'s been told her whole life. This year, she was going to change t... More

Ch 1: Family Issues and Hunters
Ch 2: Family Dinner and Masters
Ch 3: Nen and Growing
Ch 4: Friends and First Phase
Ch 5: The Cards in his Hands Go Cut Cut Cut
Ch 6: A Cooking Disaster
Ch 8: A Little Exploring
Ch 9: Friends???
Ch 10: Killua!
Ch 11: The Testing Gate
Ch 12: Butlers and Shenanigans!
Ch 13: Teleportation
Ch 14: Keeping up with the Zoldyck's
Ch 15: Piece of Cake
Ch 16: You Can Overcome Your Demons or Befriend Them
Ch 17: Avira Means Spirit
Ch 18: Time Flies
Ch 19: When You Leave
Ch 20: Your Diamond
Ch 21: Hisoka?!
Ch 22: More Allies
Ch 23: My New Family
Ch 24: The Fairy Garden
Ch 25: Dress
Ch 26: List
Ch 27: The Night of the Ball Pt. 1
Ch 27: The Night of the Ball Pt. 2
Ch 28: Warmth
Ch 29: Illumi's Training
Ch 30: Dinner with the Zoldyck's
Ch 31: The Phantom Troupe
Ch 32: Greed Island Beginnings
Ch 33: Card Captor (y/n)
Ch 34: Swiper No Swiping!
Ch 35: A Way Around
Ch 36: Partly
Ch 37: Engagement!
Ch 38: Lemon hehe (I'm back)
Chapter 39: Wake up! (Lemon)

Ch 7: Third Phase Jingles

8.4K 331 283
By enchantedlioness

         An aircraft entered everyone's view and landed at the second phase's site.

        "Menchi, you can't just fail every participant." A voice came from the aircraft.

        A man jumped down from the aircraft and landed in front of Menchi who looked like she was going to throw a fit.

        "How about this, I'll give you another chance, you get to pick where you want the second phase to take place." Netero says.

         "Ok, then how about the ingredient be, eggs!" She says.

         Everyone was told to get on the aircraft and we went to the site where the second phase would be retaken.

         There was a crack in the mountain that we had landed on. Menchi was about to show us how to get the eggs, since she had to do the phase along with us because of her failure when she did the second phase.

        She jumps down into the mountain and grabs one of the eggs. She flies back up with the currents from the high mountain.

        "Oh, I want to try!" A man yells. He jumps down into the crack go the mountain and yells before falling to his death.

        Idiot, the currents obviously don't work all the time. It's like a windy day, there's not always wind, sometimes the wind stops for a while, but then continues.

        Some other people started to jump down, but they caught themselves on a web. The web started to break, but the currents weren't coming. Some people, out of fear, jumped off of the web so they wouldn't die. I waited until Gon said it was ok to jump and then jumped.

        I grabbed an egg and flew back up to the edge. We all put our eggs in a boiling pot and boiled the 'dream eggs'.

        After everyone finished their eggs, we got back on the aircraft and we were going to go to the third phase of the exam.

        They had food out for the participants. I ate some food and then went to explore the aircraft. By the time I went out to explore, it was already dark outside.

        "We will arrive at the Third site at approximately eight am tomorrow." An announcer said over the speakers.

         I should rest during the time that I have. Some of the rooms are filled with only men, so I don't know how sound of a sleep I could get if I slept on one of those rooms.

        Kurapika and Leorio were together in a room. Tonpa had tried to trick them, saying that the third phase might take place in the aircraft itself. They're sleeping, so they must've known he was just trying to trick them.

        I found an empty room and got comfortable. I slept until 7 am. I had one hour to get prepped for the third phase. I'll work on my ko in the meantime. I'm a conjurer, but I have to train a little in the other categories if I want to get better at my own category faster.

        I trained a little with fighting using ko with Cassandra, we did a little everyday, adding it on to my training regimen. After a few years of training with it, I was able to block and punch at an even faster speed than I would've ever been able to do.

        Right before I started to train I heard the door creak open. I spun my head around and got into a basic fighting stance. The door let a slight amount of light in, making me squint a little from the sudden light exposure.

        Hisoka was there. What did he want?

        I got out of my fighting stance but kept my guard up in case he tried to attack.

        He moved quickly but I was able to block just in time. The wind pressure from the punch and my block made my hair blow in the wind.

        "Hmmmm~ so you know how to use ko~" His creepiness never ceased.

        "Yeah, I do," I started," What do you want?" I asked him.

         "I thought I sensed someone using their nen, I just wanted to know who it was." He answered me. A sensible answer.

        "Oh," I said awkwardly.

        "We have an hour left until the third phase starts, I'm guessing you wanted to practice a little until it started,"

        "Yeah I did,"

        "Don't waste your energy (y/n)," He says, walking out. I sigh. Maybe he was right. I have no idea how energy consuming the third phase will be, I have to save up as much energy as I can.

        I sat down and meditated, conserving my energy, all while working up my observation skills.

        An hour went by before we arrived at the third phase.

Illumi's POV(Gittarackur)

        "Why'd you help her?" I asked, she might seek more of your advice and become a nuisance.

        "She has potential, but somethings keeping her back, and it annoys me," Hisoka responded.

        "You always did have a thing with the potential of others."

        "Maybe one day, when I'm bored I'll fight her when she reaches her full potential, but she needs to defeat her 'demons' first."

        "Hmmm, anyways, we have to focus on the third phase, which I have no doubt I'll pass."

(y/n)'s POV

        We were dropped off at the top of the third phases building, which was known as trick tower. We had three days to complete the third phase.

        Within a few minutes, I saw one of the participants fall into a tile in the floor.

        I looked around for another trap door and fell through it.

        I looked around in the place I fell into. There were people standing in brown robes and handcuffs on. Who were they?

        The handcuffs fell to the floor with a bang and each person took off their robes.

        "You chose the path of fighting these prisoners!" A person, who must be the examiner says over a loud speaker located in the corner of the cramped room.

        "You must fight all of these prisoners one-on-one! Once you finish, the door to your right will open up!"

        The first prisoner steps up to fight me. He can't use nen. If he could, he'd be using ten or ko to be ready for my attacks.

        I punch him straight in the face charging at him with full speed. I don't even use ko and he admits defeat after that punch. Some of the prisoners were reluctant to fight me after I landed the punch, but the tougher one's stood up to me.

        "You think you're so tough?" The old man cracks his knuckles and his neck. He gets into a fighting stance, before I knock him to the floor with a spin kick.

        There's ten more people, at this rate I'll be done with this in a few minutes. These guys talk big, but they don't know how to really fight.

        I fight these guys for a while, until I'm on the last person. I punch him in the stomach, making him fly into the wall once I use ko.

        "hah," I laugh before going through the newly opened door. Behind this door was a room with only another door. I opened that door and was lead to a flights of stairs that seemed to go on forever.

        I run down the stairs at a minimum pace, trying to save my stamina, in case there was another test for the third phase.

        The stairs seemed to go on forever. It took me ten hours to finally get down all of the stairs. There were some traps, like bricks coming at full speed out of the wall for my head. But, I managed to dodge them by a hair. Every brick slowed me down, making me very cautious by the end of the stairs.

        I must've had the easiest route if it only took me ten hours to complete. A brick door slid open when I stood in front of it.

        "(y/n) number 406 has completed the third phase. Time elapsed eleven hours and two minutes." A speaker announced.

        Hisoka was in here already, maybe he took an easier route. No. He just finished the phase really fast, he's strong, much stronger than I am.

        "Hi," I say sitting down a few feet away from him. There was food sitting on shelves in a corner of the room.

        "It's dinner time," Hisoka reminds me. My stomach rumbles the moment he mentions dinner. I laugh at my stomach and try to grab one of the food trays at the top.

        "Why was I born so short," I sulk. Anyways, It's only 5 pm, I usually have dinner around 6 pm anyways.

         I rest for an hour before another participant enters the waiting room.

        I hear clicking as the door opens. Gittarackur.

        Shortly after, another door opens, it's Hanzo.

        "Yes, I finished first!" He yells. He looks around the room.

        "Or fourth place, I guess is good enough." He says disappointed.

        Gittarackur sits next to me, his nen is easy to detect, he isn't using zetsu, probably to take any attention off of him for nen users.

        I go and try to reach one of the trays at the top again. There's a sign tat says 'Take from the highest shelf'. I don't want to jump and accidentally hit the shelves down. I guess I can wait until everyone has eaten some so I can reach the highest tray.

        I try to reach the tray just one more time. A purple hand grabs the food and puts it in my hands. I blush. Did he just help me? Of course he did, but why?

        "Thank you," I say shyly. Why do I act so shy around the participants, I want to be social and make some friends and allies while I'm here. But, I have to restrain from using my Hatsu in front of people, especially if I'll be fighting them in the future of the exam.

        I eat my food, filling my stomach, there's a little bit of food left. Gittarackur finishes his tray before I do.

        "Do you want the rest?" I offer.

        "No thanks," he responds.

(A/N) Don't forget to vote and follow if you like this story!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

275K 5.8K 33
Silva and Kikyo told (y/n) to get a hunters license and make some friends. (y/n) Zoldyck usually stays on the mountain and when she leaves she wears...
149K 4.4K 41
!Please NoteĀ” This is my first time actually making a story at all. Hopefully this will be an amazing experience that we can share together!!^^ ~~~~~...
10.1K 424 25
-=-=- "I wish you loved me as I love you. But you're simply bound by the contract that binds us." Killua, the heir to the Zoldyck family of assassins...
16.5K 690 41
Y/n wants to get they hunter's license because they want to surpass them parents but not just surpass them but to kill them but then they meet Gon...