And It's a YES From Me ✔️

By SweetyTeja

Every time she sees him, she rejected him. It was always a big NO for her. This is his journey towards a YES... More

And It's a YES From Me

1.1K 88 30
By SweetyTeja

Aditi made herself comfortable on the couch at her friend's hostel room. She treats this room as her own since the time she started friendship with Siya. Siya is her college mate. She put her legs on the couch laying back while placing the headset in her ears. She heard an humming from the washroom and sighed.

"Siya, are you coming out?"she shouted looking at the door of the washroom.

"Girl, it's already 7 pm. I need to get back at home before 9. You know my mom. She is still the same. The same doctor who resigned 2 years ago from the military." Aditi made a face looking at the small clock that is hanging on the wall.

"Coming." Her friend Siya replied from inside.

"I think today we will miss Swati's birthday party. Because of you." She exclaimed.

"Here I am." Siya stood infront of Aditi with a smile.

"You are not that bad. Beautiful I must say."Aditi said observing her friend from head to toe.

"And that's why every guy in our college is behind you. Not me."her friend gave a weird face.

"Not again please. I am bored with this topic. You know what I am. I dont want to get into all these dramas again. Pure Love. My foot" Aditi was angry.

Siya bit her lips realizing how this conversation affected her friend. She didn't want honestly.

"Let's go. Swati must be waiting for us." Siya pulled Aditi out of the room.
.
.
.
"What the hell?" Aditi shouted earning too many glances at her. She didnt bother about anything. Her eyes fixed on her friend's face.

Siya was shocked.
"What's now?"

"Why did you bring me here? It's a....."

"PUB" Siya completed for her.

Aditi widened her eyes.

"Whatttt? So you knew about it already. Why did you do this with me then? You know I wont come to these places." Aditi tried to walk back towards their car but Siya stopped.

"Wait Aditi. Swati has arranged her birthday party here. That's not my mistake." Siya tried to convince her.

"Its all my mistake. I know. I shouldn't have come with you. Already that Swati is jealous for me. I was wondering why she invited me to her birthday party. But I swear I didnt realize the trap behind that" Aditi facepalmed herself.

"Please" Siya pleaded.

"No I am not coming. And that's final. Better I will send her a birthday wish through WhatsApp. Bye. Good night." Aditi made a stern face.

Siya shook her head in disbelief.

"Please Aditi. Just 5 minutes. We will go and wish her. Then will return back. You drop me at hostel and you can reach home before 9. Simple"
Siya said.

"But. I hate this. Being in a pub with friends. I cant imagine what would happen if mom comes to know about this." Aditi was worried.

"Your mom wont know until she is here today. I dont think she is that type."

Aditi glared at her friend.

"Only 5 minutes. Ok?" Aditi asked and Siya agreed with a smile.
.
.
.

"What a boring place this is?" Aditi sighed looking at the pub thoroughly. Not even a single face made her happy. Her friend who agreed on her 5 minutes condition is now drinking and enjoying with her other friends for the last 20 minutes. The birthday girl is already out of sense laying down on a couch beside the counter. The loud noise of music is disturbing her ears and she barely hear anything. A few couples are dancing along with the music making her frown.
She felt nauseated with the smell all around.

She stood infront of the bar with a scowl.
"Madam, what do you want?" Someone from the counter asked her.

"Some peace. Would you mind giving me that?"she frowned.

She looked at the people who are dancing around her. No one is in their senses. Drinking while dancing.

"I love you."she turned back hearing a girl whispering in a boy's ear. Next moment they kissed together. She felt disgusted and turned her face away.

"Stupid. Will she recognize his face tomorrow morning? And she thinks that she is madly in love with him. Love....Its the most unrealistic thing that I have seen in this world."

She covered her both ears with her hands. She wanted to run away from there. She was about to do that when someone tapped her shoulder from behind. She turned to face a man with a charming smile. He was wearing a white shirt and blue jeans making him handsome. He had a glass in his right hand which made him appeared like a drunken for her.

"Did you see Alex?"he asked her.

"Alex? Who is that?" She asked back.

"Alex. My friend. Dont you know him?"he spoke.

"I dont know any Alex. Dont disturb me." She was about to walk away but he blocked her way.

"Wait. Girl, why are you so arrogant? Do I look like a jerk for you?"he asked.

She narrowed her eyes at him.
"What the hell? Why should I bother about you? Go away."she warned.

"Ok I am going. But please don't call me for help hereafter. "he said.

"I wont. Get lost."she shouted.

"That was rude. It hurted me. Not this. When you said that you dont know my Alex. He is cute rey. You should have seen him for once."the man spoke testing her patience.

She punched her arm playfully on air.

"Bye" he walked away and disappeared into the crowd.

She felt her head spinning.
"Siya, where are you?"she looked around but Siya was nowhere seen.

She held her head in between her hands. And that's when her eyes fell on a couple who are dancing without aware about the surroundings.

"Rohan" she muttered and her face fell down.

Today is totally not ok for her. At first she had been invited for her friend Swati's birthday party which she is not interested actually. Next she had to visit a pub for the first time in her life. On the middle of all these chaos here appears her ex infront of her along with a girl.

She felt suffocated. She was watching Rohan dancing with his hands wrapped around that girl's waist. She closed her eyes.

"Excuse me. Did you see my Alex?" The same man again appeared infront of her. This time he have glass on both his hands.

"Get lost"she shouted.

"Thanks."the man left.

She again looked at Rohan. But he was no where found. She sighed in relief on the hope that she wont see him anymore. She was about to walk away when someone appeared infront of her.

"Hello beautiful" Shocking her, Rohan stood infront of her just a few inches away. He had a smirk in his lips. The girl with whom he was dancing is now no where seen.

"So when did you start being a bad girl?" Rohan asked making her annoyed.

She didn't say anything. She felt embarrassed to be in a pub and her ex has found her.

"You didn't come to the pub whenever I invited you."he complained making her lose the last thread of control.

"Excuse me. Why are you asking me? Please go."she turned to walk but he was not leaving her.

"Hey Aditi. Dont go. We are being with each other after a long time. Let's celebrate this."he was about to hold her hand but she cleverly moved back.

"Dont. No rights to touch me. Back then. Now also."she warned in a stern tone.

He became upset.

"And what you mean by being with each other? I didn't come here for you."she was furious.

"Oh don't tell me that you are here with your new boyfriend. I know no one will be willing to date you. You are such a waste of time."he commented making her more angry.

"What if I am here for my boyfriend?"she asked back eventhough she didnt have any idea what she is talking about.

"Where? Then show me your new partner." Rohan raised his eyebrows challenging her.

She felt stuck between Devil and sea. She cursed herself for coming with Siya. This could be avoided.

"Did you find Alex?" Surprising her, the same man whom she met a few minutes ago came back into the scenario. He stood in between Aditi and Rohan. She thought for a second.

"No. I didnt. I think we should go back now. Alex will join us later."she told and Rohan scowled.

"But Alex will wait for me." The man spoke.

"Its ok Vijay. He is not a kid. Come let's go."Aditi held the man's hand surprising both Rohan and him.

"But who is Vijay?"the man asked with a shocked face.

"This is your problem. You wont even remember your name if you drinks."she told in a scolding way.

"No more pubs hereafter. And remember we are getting married in less than a month. So please quit all your bad habits."Aditi said looking at Rohan through the corner of her eyes.

"Ok I quit. I wont talk to Alex anymore."the man replied in a broken voice.

Rohan was angry and he suddenly left. Aditi smiled.

"Come let's go"the man said.

She realized how she is still holding the hand of a stranger. She immediately left the hold.

"Oh god. Why are you still behind me? Who the hell are you?"she asked trying to hide her own fault.

"Your Vijay."he replied.

"What? I am sorry. And thanks."she walked away while looking for Siya when he called her from back.

"Hey. Would you mind dancing with me? I was looking for a partner. For my very first couple dance."he requested.

"No. I am not. Bye."she replied without turning back and walked away.
.
.
.
Aditi felt dizzy when she took the seat in the cafeteria while travelling her eyes around.

Yesterday night took the hell out of her. She mentally made a note to not attend anymore birthday parties in this life. What made the night worst is, her confrontation with Rohan. She managed it well making him it an unforgettable night. But still she is not out of that completely, the mess created by last night. Her body was tired and head was spinning. Her eyes were red due to the lack of sleep.

Adding to all these chaos, she is now waiting at the cafeteria for that someone whom her mom thinks that will be perfect for her. To get married. And have children. And what's after that. Waiting for their children's marriage just like her mom waiting for hers. And the cycle continues.

She chuckled a little on that thought.

She looked around impatiently only to be disappointed. There was noone seems to be waiting for her. Inwardly she felt happy. The guy didnt come to see her. It's not her mistake. Now her mother cant scold her.

She was not ready to wait for one more minute. She stood up and walked to the entrance only to be bumped into someone.

"Oucchhh..."she looked up to meet the pair of eyes shining at her.

She was shocked and surprised. The same man whom she met at the pub yesterday. The one who was searching for Alex. He is now rubbing his forehead looking at her. He was also wondered seeing her again.

"You here..."she shouted out of excitement.

"Were you the same one from the pub yesterday?"he asked still doubtful.

"Yes. Glad that you didn't forget. You were out of your sense yesterday."

He felt ashamed.
"Sorry. Yesterday was the last night of freedom for me. So I was little over enjoying the night."he replied.

"Why? Are your mother coming back from military?"she asked interestingly.

"No. Because my mother asked me to get married with her friend's daughter. That too within months. I am really trapped."he said in a sad tone.

"I know. Marriage is hell."she commented.

"How do you know? Are you married?"he asked.

"No. But I watched some daily soaps and all marriages were hell."she replied making him chuckle.

"But that's not true. All marriages are not hell. Marriage is a bliss. Only if there is love."

"Then why are you sad thinking about getting married? If marriage is a bliss. Go ahead man. After all it's your mother's friend's daughter."

"That's the problem. I didn't see her till now. Actually I am here to see her for the very first time in my life."

His words made her astounded. She gulped a lump down her throat.

"Do you think that it will work out? How can I marry a girl whom I am gonna see for the first time; without knowing anything about her? But my mom wont understand all this."he complained.

"Not first time. Actually second time."she said making him wonder.

"What??"

"Yes I am your mother's friend's daughter. I am the one who came here to see you."she forwarded her hand towards him.

Surprised was an understatement for him. He looked at her dumbfounded. After thinking for a while, he smiled. Then he shook his hand with her.

"Its really a surprise. By the way I am sorry for being late. The reason is yesterday night. I should have controlled myself."he said hesitantly.

"Same about me. Can we sit and talk? My legs are tiring."she demanded.

"Oh sorry. Come let's sit."he moved towards a corner where only two chairs are there. She followed him while smiling. They sat opposite to each other.

"So what do you want? Tea or coffee?"he asked.

"Not marriage. Anything else."she said funnily making him giggle.

He ordered two coffees and waited for her to speak.

"So what were you telling? You admire marriage but dont want to get married?"she asked.

"Yes I would love to marry. But I dont want to marry like this. An arranged marriage. See I barely knows you. That's only because of yesterday night."

"Wait. It was not the real me whom you saw yesterday. "She interrupted him.

"Whatever it is, I want to get married out of love. My partner should be my best friend. Love of my life whom I select. Not someone whom my family chooses only because she is my mother's friend's daughter. "he told making her smile.

"You are right. Being the child to our mother's friend is not the right quality to be our partner."she agreed.

"Yes. I want to find my girl myself."

Within this time, the orders has been placed and she took her cup into her hands.

"So didn't you find someone till now?"she asked enthusiastically while taking a sip from the coffee.

"Not yet. Actually I tried. In my college, working place everywhere. Even in pub yesterday. I used to interact with so many girls. But the girl who can strike the chord of love in me, she was nowhere found."he said in a disappointing tone.

"I feel for you."

"Now I have no options left. Have to agree for the marriage that family choose."

A moment of silence between them. They both had the coffee while looking at each other.

"What are you doing?"she asked

"Working as reporter in a newspaper. Hyderabad Daily. Did you hear about it?"he replied.

"Hear? My every morning starts with it."she replied making him smile.

Again silence.

"I liked your concept about marriage."she spoke.

"Thank you. What about you?"he asked.

"I dont even want to get married. Strictly opposing that idea. Its a NO for me."she told making him wonder.

"So why are you here?"he raised his eyebrows at her.

"Because of your and my mother. "She laughed.

"So dont you want to have a partner?"he asked.

"Vijay you dont know...."she stopped when he interrupted.

"Its Dev. Dev Varma. That's my name. And my mom even started pronouncing you as Aditi Dev Varma."he bursted into laugh.

She was shocked.

"All mothers are same."she gritted her teeth.

"Yeah. But its funny."he remarked.

"My life is more fun. Do you know why I don't want to get married?"

"Is it because of that guy whom we met yesterday?"he asked and she nodded her head.

"I already lost the belief in true love long back. Now it cant be restored. My life is a mess. Now a days I hate everyone who proposes me."she held her head and rested her elbows on the table. She was at the edge of shattering. Atleast he felt so.

He waited for her to be ok. She looked up to meet his eyes after a long minute. He smiled.

"I am sorry Aditi. I didnt want to see you like this. Because whatever I came to know about you in this short span of time, you are a strong woman."

She felt him genuine. He is a good friend already.

"Rohan. He is the reason. He cheated me."she muttered enough audible for him to hear.

"That's not a good reason for you to spoil your life. You should live. For your mother atleast. That will be a good punishment for Rohan. Seriously that monkey face don't deserve you."his words had a soothing effect on her. She chuckled.

"That monkey face is already out of my heart."she declared.

"Then what's the problem now?" He asked.

"Dont know. May be the same reason of you. I couldn't find anyone who can make me fall in love with him. Its difficult for me to again love after what have happened to me once. May be that's why."she looked away without facing him.

He didn't speak instead was observing her every feature.

"Dev I am really sorry."she spoke after sometime.

"For what?"

"For wasting your time like this."she was guilty.
"Our ways are different. I hope you already knows that. You want to fall in love first, then marriage. For me love is over. If there is a marriage destined for me, I hope it would be an arranged one. Fall in love after marriage. Because I can't find my love in someone else anymore. Family chooses and then I will try to love my husband. No promises also."she smiled faintly.

Her words touched him somewhere in his heart.

"Aditi..."he called.

"Please. No more talks about marriage. I literally feel to run away. That was what I was doing every time."she interrupted.

"It's ok" he looked away without meeting her eyes.

"So did you find Alex yesterday?"she asked to make things comfortable between them.

"Oh. He was there waiting for me."he replied.

"But where?"

"At the washroom. He was sleeping there."

She bursted into laugh. He was astonished. It made her look like an angel for him. That was a sight worth to watch.

She didn't forget to observe him too. He was calm and polite. Unlike all other men she have seen. Something is different about him. Being the person whom her mother wants her to get married with, she expected him the other way. Someone who is impatient and intolerant. But he was totally opposite. Within minutes, he became a good friend for her and made her talk with him openly. She didn't expect that.

"I think we are done with this. Shall I leave now?"she asked standing up.

He stood along with her meeting her eyes.

"So I hope you would convince your mother about how imperfect we together are. How I am completely opposite to your wishes. And also how bad daughter in law I may become. And maybe if you want how ugly I am."she laughed at the last one.

"Hey"

"I am sure. Your mom will understand you one day. She will be there to fulfill all your wishes."she added.

He wanted to ask something. But it was not coming out from his mouth.
"Will we see again?"he asked something else.

"May be. Only if your mom invites me and my mother for your marriage" she chuckled.
"All the best. I hope soon that girl will come into your life."she wished him.

"Which girl?"

"The girl who can strike the chord of love in you"she replied making him smile fakely.

"All the best. Bye."she said.

She walked away. He felt a part of him going away from him. But he knows that she was meant to leave. As she said, their ways are different.
.
.
.

"Mom please. Walk slowly. Already I cant walk properly with this salwar suit. Didnt I tell you that I will wear my Jeans?" Aditi shouted while walking. Her hands tugging the floor length salwar that she is wearing while saving herself from falling down.

"Jeans? That will be enough for everyone to laugh at us."her mother Radhika spoke who was a retired military doctor.
"See we are not here for watching films. It's a get together. You are my daughter and you should behave like that."

Aditi grinned at her mother behind her back. That was what she used to do whenever she lose an argument. After all it's not easy to win over her mother.

"Aditi dont go sit in a corner hearing songs on phone. Everyone will ask for you. You should be with me and answer them smartly. Remember you are my daughter."her mother continue irritating her.

"I cant understand this. I know I am your daughter. Dont need to chant it like a mantra."Aditi warned.

"Whatever it is."

"Hey Radhika."A woman almost her mother's age suddenly came out of the crowd and hugged her mother.

Aditi stood there confused.

"Susheela. I didnt expect you here."Radhika was very happy seeing her friend after a long time.

"Usually I dont attend these parties. But today I was not alone. So decided to see everyone." Susheela replied.

"Anyway it was not less than a surprise." Radhika pinched her friend's nose.

Aditi looked at her mother going back to her child mode. After many years. She felt happy inside.

"Hey mom. Someone is asking for you inside."Susheela felt someone tapping on her shoulder and turned back to see her son.

"Radhika, here is my son. Dev. Your expected son in law. But didnt work out." Susheela introduced Dev with a chuckle and Aditi was shocked seeing him unexpected.

"So you are the one who didnt like my daughter?"Radhika said playfully while placing her hand on Dev's cheek.

"Actually aunty it's not like that. She told me to..."he suddenly stopped when his eyes fell on a glaring Aditi behind Radhika. It was unexpected for him too. Seeing him looking at her, she placed her hands on her hip.

"No aunty. No. She didnt tell me anything."he covered it.

"Radhika, why cant we have a little chat? There is a lot to tell you." Susheela dragged Radhika inside.

"What about you Aditi?"Radhika suddenly remembered about her daughter.

"Dev is there. Let them talk. You come with me."
Before Aditi can tell anything, Susheela disappeared inside along with her mother.

Aditi stood there dumbfounded. She had little idea about what to do next. She looked at Dev whose state is similar to her.

"Actually I..."he tried to spoke. But she interrupted.
"Its Ok Dev."

"So what will we do?"he asked.

"You go ahead. I will spend time hearing songs. I am used to this. Whenever I accompany mom, this happens."she told.

"Hey Its ok. I dont feel to make you alone. And I barely knows anyone here."

"I didnt expect you here. If I had any idea..."

"Then you wouldn't have come."he said teasing her. She laughed.

They settled down on a corner after arranging two chairs.

"I am sorry. I had to tell mom that I didnt like you. Because it was the only way to break this alliance. You know what. I am bad in lying. Especially at mom. So I had to do this."he really felt bad.

"You dont need to be sorry. Please Dev. It makes me feel awkward. After all it's me who told you to...."she paused abruptly.

Dev was silent for a long time. Aditi placed the head set on her one ear and forwarded the other end towards him.

"Do you want to hear songs?"she asked.

He declined her offer. She felt strange.

"What happened?"she asked.

"There is nothing common between us. I mean what's there to talk? Already you dont want to talk about marriage. You made it clear. So shall I move ahead?"he asked trying to get up.

"Hey please no. I mean. Sorry. Did I bore you? I want to know whether is that the reason why you are leaving?"she asked with guilt.

"Not at all Aditi. See you are too innocent to realize our mothers' plan. I feel sad for you. That's why I decided to leave."

"What are you talking about?"

"Turn your head towards our left. Little."he instructed her.

She did as he said and was shocked. There she saw her mother and his mother peeping out from the hall. It was evident that they are looking at them.

"What's they are upto?"she asked having no idea.

"To get us hitched"he laughed.

"What?"she was shocked.

"Didnt you understand till now? I should have doubted when mom asked me to accompany her when she didn't ask me this before. Seeing you here, I got it. They wants us to get married."

She felt her mouth dry. She couldn't believe that her mother is still on the same idea. So it was the reason why her mother didnt come with new proposals after Dev rejected her. She connected the dots and now it's all clear.

"Didnt you watch how over dramatically our mothers pretended an unexpected meet just a few minutes ago?"he asked.

Realization hit her.
"She was betraying me."her face fell down.

"Me too."

"What we do now?"she looked at him anxiously.

"Come let's go out. Let's escape from their glance first."he started walking and she silently followed him until they are out.

"I am sorry Dev. Its my mom's hobby to make me embarrassed like this. Believe me. She always do this."

"Seems like you are very fond of your mother."he teased her while walking through the road.

"Yes. Not only her. I am very much fond of her military disciplines too."

He laughed at that statement.

"What about your father?"he asked.

"Father."Suddenly her face fell down. "He didnt live for me or my mother. Existed only for our nation and finally lost his life also for his mother land. I just hate him Dev. He was not a good father. Whenever I wanted him, he was not there for me."she stopped when tears brimmed her eyes.

"I didnt meant to hurt you."he said.

"No, you are not at fault. Like every other girl, I also wanted to be my dad's princess. Was it my mistake?"she asked and he shook his head.

"That's destiny Aditi."

"Whatever it is I was always alone."she let it go.

He didn't want to ask her more. Because one way or other, it was hurting her.

"What about your dad?"she asked after seeing him silent for a long time.

"Well. He is alive. Only in records. Dead for me and my mother long ago."he spoke making her confused.

"What do you mean?"she widened her eyes.

"He married for the third time last week."he said retaining his calm posture.

"But your mother seems to be very happy after all this. Even now."she asked doubtful.

"Well. She has only one complaint. Second time when he married, he sent us an invitation. But this time he didnt."

Adit gave him an Are you serious expression.

"I must say my mom is a strong woman. Just like you."his words touched her heart. She smiled wholeheartedly.

She looked at the moon shining for them. She felt pleasant. He looked at her and smiled. They walked a long way under the moon light.

"Our mothers still expect us to get married. What would you say this time?"she asked

"Not me. Last time I said I didnt like you. This time you should say you dont like me."

She narrowed her eyes at him. He chuckled.

"Come on Aditi. Leave it for a while. Why can't we just enjoy this beautiful night?"he didnt want her to go back to her uncomfortable state.

"But what will we do when they ask us? This problem needs a solution. Otherwise they will stuck on their friend's child concept."she was worried.

"Ok then let's get married. All problems will be solved."he said in an ignorant tone.

She was shocked.
"Are you for real?"

"Whatever it is, one day you have to marry someone. I too need a partner soon if it's not now. Why cant be its each other?"

She looked down without meeting his eyes. He waited for her to answer. He hid a teasing smile on his lips seeing a seriously thinking Aditi.

"Dev, dont you think that we are like day and night?"

"What???"he was shocked at her statement.

"I mean we are not perfect together."she said stressing each word.

"Who told you that? See....Our height matches."he said leaning closer towards her trying to show how they are perfect.

"No. I mean we are different types. We can't be a good couple."she tried to convince him.

"Really? I think we can make one."

"Arey no..."she shouted.

"But our color matches. See."He said while taking her hand into his arms.

"No Dev. Color wont make us a good couple."

"You are right. But I am a man and you are a woman. I think it may make us good couple. Think about it"

She widened her eyes at his statement.

And that's it. He started laughing making her confuse.

"Hey I was just kidding"he spoke making her feel relieved.

She sent daggers at him.

"Hey please. Leave it. I can't be that always serious Dev like you. I am funny."

Finally she smiled.
"Come let's go back."she turned to walk back.

"Ok" he followed her. This time totally silent.

They reached back only to see their mothers searching for them everywhere.

"Aditi. Where were you? Why didn't you inform me before going out?"Radhika started scolding Aditi.

"Dev. What's this? I thought you eloped with Aditi."Susheela's comment made both Dev and Aditi shocked. He wanted to facepalm himself.

"Mom. What are you talking? Keep your mouth shut."Dev warned slightly pushing her mother towards the parking space so that they can leave as soon as possible. He just wanted to escape before his mother cause him further embarrassment.

"Wait Dev. Let me atleast say a good bye to them."

"Hey its enough already. I dont even know anyone here and you brought me here. I am going."he declared but stopped by his mother.

"Aditi dear. We are going now. Let's see soon."Susheela cupped Aditi's cheeks with love.

Aditi rolled her eyes at Dev. He winked at her.

"Dev you are a great son. Susheela is really proud of you. Keep it up. Good night."Radhika told to Dev who had no idea about what his mother actually told about him.

Both the mother child duo walked away. Before disappearing into the dark night, Aditi and Dev stopped to look back at each other. Once again they bid good bye.
.
.
.
Aditi shouted for the nth time from the washroom.

"Mom, this wont work out. This saree..."she yelled while taking one end of the saree in her hands and the other end thrown into the sofa. She gave her best irritated expression.

"Aditi. You are behaving like you are going for some war. Let me in. I will make it work out for you."Her mom replied losing the last thread of her patience. It's been a while she is standing outside the door waiting for her daughter.

Aditi cursed herself for asking her mom to celebrate her birthday. This is the first time her mom agreeing for a celebration. Being how strict her mother is and she dont want any noises inside her house, always her birthdays ended up with some gifts and a wish from her mother and friends. But this time a change. Eventhough she hates parties, she wanted a small celebration with a cake cutting. With only close friends and relatives. Surprisingly her mother agreed for her this wish.

"Aditi, today is your birthday and everyone will be coming here to wish you. Eventhough it will be a small number of people, they shouldn't blabber around why this birthday girl is like this? We dont give them a single chance to point fingers at us. You should wear this saree. Because its something my mother gifted me before my marriage. You should also wear it." Her mom; Radhika spoke.

Aditi facapalmed herself within the room.
"Noone would get a fate like me. Usually birthday girls will wear beautiful new dresses and here I got one of my grandmother's old saree."

That didnt go well for Radhika. She pushed the door open. Aditi didn't lock it from inside.

"Mom, what's this? Wait outside."She shouted.

"Shut up" Radhika entered inside and within minutes the saree was wrapped beautifully around Aditi.

She looked herself in the mirror.
"Not bad."she commented.

"Everything is ready including the cake. Now please dont sit anywhere like a lazy kid. Come with me and stand at the entrance. You should welcome everyone. Not me."

Radhika walked infront and Aditi followed her with some weird expressions on her face which was only meant for her mother.

They stood with a warm smile and started welcoming each one who came for the function.

That's when someone shouted from the gate.
"Radhika....."

Aditi widened her eyes.
"What the hell? Did you invite Susheela aunty?"

"Yes" her mom replied as calm as she can.

"And her son too?"

"Yes." It was Dev who replied while appearing from the back side of Susheela. "I am here."

Aditi narrowed her eyes at the mother-son duo. Radhika hugged Susheela. Dev smiled while trying to hold his laugh back.

"Happy Birthday Aditi."Dev handed over a beautiful bouquet to her. She happily received it.

"Thank you Dev. By the way how do you know that I like orchids?"she asked while observing the bouquet carefully.

"See. That's what we call match by heart."It was Susheela who said that.

Aditi was shocked.

"No. Actually your mom told my mother about your likes."Dev told making the ladies embarrassed. But Aditi laughed.

"Anyway happy birthday dear."Susheela hugged her. "By the way you are very beautiful in this saree. Isn't it Dev?"

"May be. Why are you even asking me?"Dev groaned.

Susheela glared at her son.

"Aditi. Get them inside. And I will manage the rest of the guests. You go and show your room to Dev."Radhika ordered making her glare at her mother.

"Come Dev."she fixed a smile on her lips and walked infront. Dev followed her. They entered into her room and bursted into loud laughter.

"They wont change. Our mothers."he said in between laughing.

"Why did you then come?"she asked gesturing him to sit on the sofa. She sat opposite to him on the bed.

"Because my mom betrayed me again. She said that it was her another friend's daughter's birthday."he shook his head.

She smiled.
"I feel pity for them."

"By the way happy birthday to you."he forwarded his hand for her.

"You already wish me."she shook her hand with him.

"At the entrance it was just for my mother's satisfaction. But this was exclusively for you. From my heart."

"Thank you so much Dev." For some reason she felt her heart overwhelming with joy.

"So why did you make me a womanizer infront of my mom?"he asked and she widened her eyes.

"What? When did I?"

"You did Aditi. You told your mother that I have a girl friend."he faked an hurt expression.

"But that was just to break this alliance. If my mom knows that you are already in love with some another girl, I thought that she may give up on us."

"You made it complicate. When your mother told my mom about this, she made it a big issue. According to her, love before marriage is a sin. She also thought that I am just like my father. She blamed me for behaving same. She thought that I will too leave her like my father did by falling in love. See, this is also why I gave up on my wish for a love marriage and agreed for mom's wish."he paused and her face fell down.

"I had to try hard to finally convince her."he shrugged his shoulders.

Aditi felt her eyes wet. She didnt even think in dreams that her lie would be having such an effect. It made her sad.

"I am really sorry Dev. I didnt think like this. Please forgive me. I will apologize to your mom also. Already she went through a lot and now..."she sobbed.

"No. Please don't cry. It's ok. She knows the truth now. I have no problem with you regarding this. Please forget it."he requested.

She was not ready to stop and then he forcely wiped her tears with his hand. She looked at his eyes and he smiled.

"Dont be so sensitive Aditi. See, my mom and me are best friends. Whatever I say, she will only believe that. Not what someone else tell her about me."

"I wish my mom was also my best friend. If then I didnt need to lie. Instead I would have told her that I am not ready for a marriage now."she bent her head.

A few minutes of silence between them. Each time he meets her, he was trying to study her.

His eyes travelled across her room, carefully observing each and everything.
"Wow. This is nice. So neat and clean."

"Yeah. Because my mother wont allow me to sleep if it is not."she let out a sarcastic laugh.

"Do you hate your mother?"he asked making her shock.

"When did I tell that? I love her. It's just that I don't like her ways. Like how strict she is. She always want me to do things the way she wants, not the way my heart tells. It aches me Dev."

"That's because your mother is over possessive for you. Means your mom loves you more than anyone else in this world."he told making her think for a while.

"May be. But that doesn't mean I should sacrifice my choices for her. If she loves me, then she should let me live the way I wants. She should believe me."she tried to justify herself.

"May be your choices are wrong and your mother always want you to end up with the right choices in life. That may be best for you. She knows you well than you."he spoke.

It was not less than a big shock for her.
"What? How can you tell that I am wrong?"she asked bit angrily.

"Like you chose Rohan and ended up being cheated by him."

She was once again shocked. It was enough for her to shut her mouth.

"I said not to hurt you. But I want you to realize few things in life."

She looked at him with hope.

"Mothers are precious. What your father did to you? What my dad did to us? Mothers won't do that. She cares for you. She loves you a lot. That's why she want everything about you to be perfect. You are really lucky to get a mom like Radhika aunty."

He nodded to confirm it.
"You may not trying to analyze you. But your mother is doing that. She always make it sure that you are getting the best. May be that is annoying you, irritating you or making you hate your mother. But she won't stop. Because she is a mother who loves her child."

She clenched the end of her saree in her fist and closed her eyes.

"Everytime you are complaining about her, did you ever try to convince her what you wants?"he asked making her eyes snapped open.

"No, you didn't Aditi. Instead you simply let it go in the way your mother wants. Deceiving your own heart. You said that you want to see your best friend in your mother. Right? What if she also wishes to be a good friend for you? Did you ever give a chance for that?"he stopped realizing that he is crossing the limits.

First of all it was not his place to question the relationship a daughter shares with her mother. Secondly, he is just a friend for her. A friend whom she dont want to meet again. Everytime they bids good bye, she wish it would be the last meet of them.

She lost her control and tears started flowing down from her cheeks. This time he didnt wipe it away. Because he knows that it's the tears of hatred, tears of misunderstanding. Everything was leaving her. And she is slowly realizing what exactly her mother is.

She wiped her face with the end of her saree and then looked at him.

"Thank you Dev. You are right. I didnt think like this before. You made me open my eyes."she smiled at him. "Now I need to see my mom. Right now." she stood up and before he could say anything, she ran outside looking for her mom. He followed her.

"Hey, what happened Aditi?" Susheela saw her and blocked her way. "Why are you running? Did he do something with you?"Susheela asked while glaring at her son.

"Mom..."he shouted in embarrassment. He wanted to bang his head on the nearby wall.

"Aditi. Why are you crying?"Radhika asked and before she can decipher what is happening, Aditi hugged her tightly. Probably after long years. Her only daughter is hugging her.

"I love you mom. I love you a lot."she continued whispering in her mother's ears. Radhika patted her back.

Dev smiled at them. Susheela was wondered.

"What happened to you? Please dont cry. I cant see you in tears Aditi."Radhika spoke while kissing her daughter.

Aditi pulled back.
"Nothing mom. Today I got the biggest birthday gift in my life. And it's you."she said and Radhika's heart jumped in happiness.

The mother and daughter spent some time together before cutting the cake. Everyone around her wished her with a birthday song. She fed her mother with the first piece of cake. And then Susheela. When she turned to feed Dev, he was nowhere found. She wondered whether he already left. With a disappointed face she tried to smile. But that was not reaching her eyes.

"Aunty, where is Dev?"she asked to Susheela.

"May be he is waiting outside. He asked me to come soon."

Aditi excused everyone and walked outside. She saw Dev standing near the parking lot leaning back on his car. She stood infront of him. He was wondered.

"Hey birthday girl. Here."

"What are you doing here?"she asked crossing her arms across her chest.

"Well. Waiting for my mom."

"Come with me. Dont tell me that you hate cakes."she held his hand and started dragging him inside. He was surprised.

That was exactly got noticed by Susheela. She smiled naughtily at them before clearing their way.

"See. Now you gave them another reason to hallucinate."he complained.

"Hallucinate?"

"Yes, hallucinating about our marriage. About our kids. Then everything after that."

She started laughing. "Let her be."

He was wondered with the tone of her voice. For a moment he doubted whether it's the same Aditi who always tried to get rid of him.

"Aditi, please let go of my hand. I will come."he shouted but she didn't leave him.

She made him stand beside their mothers and fed him a piece of cake. He did the same with her. Both Susheela and Radhika smiled at each other.

"Seems like you both are fond of each other. Radhika, why cant we get them married?"Susheela asked casually making both of them shocked.

They both looked at each other.

"How can we do that? Your son didnt like my daughter when we arranged for a meet. And he already have a girlfriend. Aditi told that he can't live without that girl."Radhika spoke with a pout on her face.

"Mom. Aunty. Dev is innocent. Actually it was me who asked him to tell that he dont like me. He just helped me. That's all. And sorry. He dont have a girlfriend. I lied to..."she was stopped by Dev.

"Aditi. Just shut up. Listen to me for once."Dev said.

"You both are mad. How could you betray these poor mothers?"Susheela complained.

"Let me tell. We wanted you both live with each other. That's not because we are friends or we want our bond to strengthen through you. Whatever your relation is, we will always be friends. Aditi, Dev...Believe us we are not selfish upto that extent. It's just that we thought you both are good match."Radhika made it clear.

Aditi and Dev looked at each other with a confused expression.

"Dev, I thought that Aditi will be a good wife for you. And also Radhika thought that you will take care of Aditi well. That's what every mother wants." Susheela spoke.

"But mom, aunty. Did you ever think from our side? What we want. That matters a lot. Especially when we are the people who are going to live with each other. It's not about living under same roof. There is a thing called Love. If there is no love between us, then there is no meaning in getting us married. That would cause a lot of damage."Dev said.

Aditi looked at him in wonder.

Dev walked towards Radhika and held her shoulders.

"Aunty, she is not a burden to get rid of her. She is gold. Every man would desire for a girl like her."he looked at her for once before turning back to her mom. "She needs time to get into a married life. Please respect that and let's give her a chance."

"But Dev..."Susheela tried to speak but Dev stopped her.

"Mom please. Let me speak. I didnt go against any of your wishes till now. But please. Not now. This is not just about me. It involves a girl's life too. I am sure you dont want your best friend's daughter's life to be ruined."he made it clear and his mom didn't speak after that.

"Dev, I want to know. How much time my daughter needs more? For a marriage."Radhika asked.

"Mom. I will tell you."Aditi said

"No Aditi. You didnt tell me anything. Now also it's not you who is speaking for you. Its Dev. So let me ask him. About my daughter."Radhika spoke sternly while stressing the words my daughter.

Aditi's face fell down.

"Tell me Dev. How much more time she needs? What if she need years and years? What if she gets old enough for noone to accept her? What would I do with her then?"Radhika asked firmly.

"Aunty in that case if noone is willing to marry her, then call me. If I am still bachelor by that time I will come for her."he asked looking at Aditi who is now standing with widened eyes. He wanted to laugh. But realizing the consequence he didnt. But Susheela has already laughed by this time.

Radhika sighed.
"Dev I trust you. May be you are right. I am ready to give her that time what she needs."

Aditi's happiness had no boundaries. She looked at Dev with gratitude. He smiled back.

He walked and stood infront of her.
"Aditi, when we met for the second time at the cafe...."he stopped seeing her glare. He looked at both mothers before starting again. "Actually first time. When we met, you told me to state that I didnt like you. To break this alliance. Then next time, you told that I have a girlfriend. But you could have tell me on face that you dont like me and dont want to marry me. It would have been easier."

Aditi shook her head.

"You always chose the complicated way and that caused all this."he paused seeing her attempt to speak.

"Dev, I really didnt want anyone to be troubled. It's not about just me or you. Your mother is special to me and my mom. The same way my mother is a special part of Susheela aunty. Sometimes relationships are complicated. In that case even the simple problems need complex solutions."she stated.

"I am not blaming you. I was just telling that speaking open from heart may simplify all problems. Anyway you are not a trouble for me. Eventhough we met less you have already became a special part of us. Isn't it mom?"he asked looking at his mother.

Susheela just smiled.

Aditi walked towards Susheela.
"Aunty, I am so sorry for hurting you and your son. For dragging you into all this mess. Please forgive me."she joined her hands.

Somewhere it hurted Dev. He felt a pain in his heart. This may be too much expected from her.

"Dear. You are just like my Dev. My daughter who didnt born from me. You both are allowed to be as much naughty as you want. Mothers are meant for forgiving and continue loving."Susheela told softly.

Aditi hugged Susheela and a tear escaped from her eyes which didnt fail to go noticed by Dev.

"Mom, let's go. It's too late."All he wanted was escaping from there.

Susheela bid good bye to both mother daughter duo.

"Aunty, we are going."Dev told Radhika and with that they left.

He didnt speak anything to Aditi and somewhat it was affecting her. It made her restless and she felt a pain developing inside her. He sat inside the car followed by his mom. Susheela waved her hands once again bidding bye. Aditi tried to smile while looking at Dev. But he didn't look back at her for once. Making her confused as well as disturbed he drove the car away.
.
.
.

"Aditi, why are you not eating?" Radhika looked at her confused daughter who is not eating but actually drawing with her fingers on the plate.

It's been a week that incident happened and after that there were no communication between Dev and her. She wanted to thank him but every time she tries to connect with him something dragged her back into her shell. From her mother she came to know that Dev is on a holiday with his friends. Something was making her disturbed. She knew that Dev had already became a good friend within this short time whom she cant be missed at any cost.

"Mom, I dont feel to eat. I am not hungry."she excused.

"That I can read from your face."Radhika shook her head disappointed. "Aditi, you are still the same one who is always afraid to open her heart. That may cost you more. Many more relations may be."

"Mom, what are you intending?"she was confused hearing her mom's words.

"Understand yourself before it's too late."Radhika stood up taking her plate. She was about to walk towards the kitchen when she stopped turning back. "By the way I heard that Dev is back after his break. He is planning to move to Chennai along with his mom. For his job purpose." With that Radhika left. She was stunned.

Aditi fell back on the bed with a confused heart. She took her phone out and opened the contacts. Someway she collected Dev's personal number from her mom. Now she is in a dilemma whether to call him or not. Its been already a week she had communicated with him in anyway, also she dont know whether he wants to talk with her. Because last time when he left he showed no interest in talking with her further or maintaining this friendship. This thought was haunting her for all the past nights and she didnt really have the courage to contact him in case if he dont want that. It was always her who drew a line between them. Today she is regretting for all that.

But after getting that piece of information from her mom that he is leaving to chennai she cant sit idle anymore without trying to connect with him. After all he did for her he atleast deserves a thanks from her. She cant be ungrateful to that extent.

She dialled his number and after a few rings came his voice from the other end.

"Hello..."

"Hello.. This is Aditi. Do you remember me?" She asked out of nowhere.

That was totally unexpected for him. For a moment he didnt know how to respond. "Mom I would be joining you soon for the game. Let me complete this call."he excused his mother and went outside the house. Breathing the fresh air he leaned back on his garden post. "Tell me Aditi." A smile crept on his face unknowingly.

"Sorry. Am I disturbing you? I know you are nomore interested in talking with me. But..."

"Sorry?"he raised his eyebrows.

"I mean. There is no point in talking with me after that broken alliance between us. I shouldn't have contacted you when you yourself wanted to keep me away."she had no single idea why she was talking all these to him. Usually she is the person who tells anything straight on face. But today she finds difficulty in framing words.

"Hey you are the one who wanted to keep me away always."he told sternly realizing how she misunderstood him.

She felt embarrassed because he was stating facts on her face. It was always her and today she is accusing him for the mistake she did.

"And about the other one. I know there was a proposal going on between us. But it was not like I proposed you and you rejected me. It was our mothers' idea and its all over. We were always awkward from the day onwards we met on cafeteria. But I didnt let that affect our relationship. You were not."

"I am sorry Dev. It came out of my mouth because..."

"Because you expected me to contact you even after our last meet and I didnt."he interrupted making her further embarassed. She wanted this to end soon. She felt regretted for doing all this with him and also for making this call.

"But what I thought was I am really a person uncalled in your life. So I was just giving you some space."

"No Dev. Please. You are not unimportant for me. If that's the case I wouldn't have called you now."she tried to make it clear.

"No Aditi let me finish first. I said that this is to give you the space you wanted so that you can decide yourself but that doesnt mean that I gave up on our friendship."

"What?"she was shocked.

"I know that you would contact me someway if you really wants my friendship. I was just waiting for this call and guess you proved me right this time."he was happy inside and she felt it.

"Dev I cant believe this. You were waiting for my call. What if I didnt call you?"she asked wondering.

"I left it to fate. Anyway it wouldn't have from my side this time. I dont want to stay as an unwanted person in your life anymore. If you value me, you should make it clear to me by taking efforts."

"How?"she asked doubtful.

"Like this how you stole my number from your mother's phone."he laughed and she widened her eyes.

"Hello I didnt. I asked her and she gave me your number." She pouted.

"As if I believe."he shrugged his shoulders.

"You should. Because that's the truth."she stated. Inside she felt happy because she didnt break his trust. Infact didnt disappoint him this time.

"Whatever it is."he had a teasing smile. "By the way why did you call me? I hope you have something important to tell me. Otherwise this would have been a waste of time for you."he said.

"You are still thinking the same about me. Ok let it be."she was firm. "I called you to thank you. And ofcourse this is very important for me."

"Thank me? Did I do something to have this privilege?"he asked funnily.

"Yes, you did. You helped me clear all the chaos happening around me. For the time being, I am relaxed and tension free. You are the reason. Thank you Dev. And its from my heart. Exclusively for you." She said repeating his own words.

He smiled. "Not bad "

"What about Susheela aunty?"she asked suddenly when she remembered about his mother.

"Dont worry. She gave up on the idea of match making for me. Wont trouble you anymore."he assured.

"Hey I was not asking that. Wait... Are you teasing me?"she was wondered.

"Took this much time for you to realize it. Good going girl." All these time he was trying to control his laugh. But now he bursted out.

"Dev, why are you so rude? I regret calling you. I should have also left our friendship to fate or may be I could have decided that I dont want such an irritating friend in my life"she sighed.

"Wait. Mom is here."he handed over the phone to Susheela even before she could figure out what is happening.

"Hello. Who is this?"Susheela asked from the other end while rolling her eyes at Dev who is now telling her to speak.

"Aunty. Its me."

"Oh dear. Aditi. Is it you? Really surprising for me."Susheela told.

"You could recognize my voice. Wow. Nice."Aditi was very happy.

"How are you beti? I hope your mother is not troubling you much. If she does, don't hesitate to inform me. I will give her medicines she want. Trust me."Susheela assured.

"Thats so sweet of you. But she is too good for me now a days."Aditi replied.

They chatted for some more time. All dev could do was admiring the bond both ladies are sharing. Its special and precious atleast for him.

"Aditi, what about you joining our trip this weekend?"Susheela asked excitedly.

"Trip?"Aditi was confused as much as Dev.

"Its not a big deal dear. A simple one day trip exploring some places. Its only me, Dev and some of his friends. If you wish you can join us. I swear it will be fun."

"Mom, what are you saying? Do you think that she will agree to come with us? Even Radhika aunty wont like this idea. Leave that."Dev said in an attempt to convince his mom.

Aditi heard that clearly eventhough he said in a low voice.

"Aunty, I am coming with you."she spoke without a bit of doubt in her voice.
.
.
.

Aditi sat in the back seat of the jeep which Dev have hired. Susheela sat next to her and Dev in the opposite seat. Five of his friends are coming in another vehicle and one on the front seat of their jeep.

She looked at her clock and its just 4:13 am. She yawned unknowingly. She tried to smile eventhough she was tensed. Susheela squeezed her hands in assurance. Dev smiled at the duo.

"Do you know how much I insisted your mom to come with us? But being that strict military doctor she wouldnt agree for a pleasure trip." Susheela complained.

"Atleast she let Aditi come with us. Lets focus on that."Dev said.

"Mom is too busy now a days. She is working on starting a clinical set up in our house. So that she dont need to sit idle and do something creative."Aditi told.

"Wow that's cool."Dev turned his head to look at his mom. "See how Radhika aunty is thinking out of the box. Here I too have a mom who can only think about how to spend my hard earned money on pleasure trips."

"I am not that much cool enough to think about my career at this age. Instead I am concentrating on how to get you married & planning on trips with my grand children."Susheela spoke.

Aditi laughed at that statement clearly irritating Dev.

"Aunty is very fun."she declared. He glared at her.

"Look Aditi. He is jealous of our relationship."Susheela hugged her from side.

"Wow. I now feel like a third wheel in your so called relationship. Or is it some sort of love triangle? I am yet to find."Dev said.

Aditi bursted into laugh. "Like mom like son. You are also very funny Dev"

"Thank you for the compliment dear. But he can never reach my levels."Susheela said proudly.

"If I hadn't come I would have surely miss this moments. Thank my stars."Aditi never felt this level of comfortability in her entire life. She was relaxed and also carefree. There is something special about this mother son duo and she is now experiencing it.

The jeep halted near a mountain area. Now they have to climb the mountain and all of them except Susheela came out of the vehicle.

"Mom, now stop being a sleepyhead. This time you should come with me. Also doctor had told me to make you do exercise every day. But being you, you won't obey me. This is the best punishment for that. Now come out and lets explore this hills."Dev made his face stern.

"Next time baby. I am having a bad leg ache. I cant climb this entire mountain. You both go. I will join you in the next stop."Susheela whined like a kid.

"What happened to your leg suddenly aunty? Let me see."Aditi was worried.

"Aditi, its her trick to escape walking. Dont worry for her fake aches."Dev warned her.

Aditi looked at his mom suspiciously.

"No dear. Do you think that I will do this? I am genuine."

"Ok then I will sit with you here. Dev can go with his friends. We will wait here."Aditi assured her company to his mom. Dev's face fell down.

"What are you telling? I dont think you will get another chance to explore places like these. Dont spoil it for me."Susheela gave a shocked expression. "You go with him. Dont miss this. Dev, please take care of her."she instructed her son.

Aditi hesitated for a moment. She looked at him with confusion.

"Dont worry Aditi. I am with you, right? Please trust me."he assured her.

She didnt want him to feel dejected. She nodded her head. After giving his mother a set of instructions he left along with Aditi. His friends were walking infront and both of them were following them a few meters behind.

"Aditi, I didnt think that you would join us for this trip. Thank you for coming."he thanked her from heart.

"Actually I couldnt reject your mom. She is very innocent and I already made her go through a lot."she spoke without looking at him.

"Oh... So, did you come only for mom?"his question made her stop for a second. She then continued walking beside him. Inside she felt a void realizing his disappointment. Or may be she is over thinking. She didnt want to drag that conversation.

"When are you leaving?"she asked after a few minutes.

"Where?"

"Chennai?"she asked expectedly.

"Oh that.. May be next week. Have a few works left here."he said blankly.

"Why are you leaving?"

"Are you sure you want to know?"he asked facing her.

"May be"she replied.

"I am getting bored with this place Aditi."he said making her confuse. "That's why I applied for a transfer and since I have good records, my newshead approved me to join our Chennai branch. And also I got a promotion."he smiled fakely.

"But why are you bored here? I thought this is a good place."she didnt even bother to congratulate him, but stucked at the revealation he made. It made him wonder.

"For some unknown reasons I feel a sudden emptiness living here. I want a change."he stated.

"Aunty is also coming with you?"she asked pretended to be unaware. He looked at her carefully.

"I am sure your mom must have told you that we are going together."his statement suddenly made her embarassed.

"No... I mean... May be. But I am not remembering actually. "She stuttered.

"I can't leave my mom alone. So she is accompanying me. We will soon buy a new house there at chennai. Till that we decided to rent an apartment."he spoke while continuing walking. She smiled.

"When are you coming back?"she asked her next question. He stopped this time facing her.

"Are you sure you want to see us again?"he winked at her.

"Stop being a jerk. Be serious atleast now."she playfully slapped his arm. He laughed and continued walking. She followed him.

"To be honest I dont even know. I want to explore as many places with my mom. While living with my dad, she couldn't enjoy life much. I still remember how dad was treating her like a slave. Her inlaws were same. Only after dad left she started smiling again eventhough she took a long time to completely relieve from all the shocks that life has given her."he deeply sighed. She felt bad for making him remember all this. "You know what. Her inlaws blamed her for dad being married second time. She was really shattered. Noone was there to help her."he faked a smile. "But now she has me. I wont let her feel sad a single moment. I will keep her happy always."

She gave a genuine smile to him. "You both are lucky to have each other in life"

"Thank you. My mom was also forced into this marriage. She was not allowed to complete her studies too. At an age when she didnt know the meaning of a wife and husband relationship, she got married to my dad. Her life was hell thereafter." he closed his eyes.

She wanted to console him, cheer him up. But she couldn't do anything. Inside she was happy because Dev is sharing that secret part of his life with her. Just like she trusted him, he is now trusting her too.

"I never wanted another woman to go through the same what my mother has experienced. That's why I helped you to escape from a marriage that you never wanted to happen."he confessed making her amazed.

"Dev, I am really sorry if I have hurted you anyway. You are a good human from heart."she spoke making him relaxed.

"So what's your plan next?"he asked making her the urge to say so many innovative plans with her mom just like he said. But she realized that she didnt have any plans actually. She was always aimless in her life. May be after the break up with Rohan she was another person who always confines to her shell.

"Hey madam. I am asking you."he reminded.

"That.... I will complete my course first. Then.. May be enroll for higher studies. Then... Yeah may be I will do Phd...."she stopped seeing Dev standing with widened eyes.

"Dont you have anything to do in life apart from this? Are you gonna waste your entire life studying? When would you get married then? Remember as your mom said noone would be ready to marry you after a certain age."he spoke half serious and half joke.

She realized the bit of tease in his voice and decided to play along. "I have no worries about that."

"Why?"

"Because if noone is willing to marry me then my mom can happily call someone who promised her to marry me if he is still bachelor by that time."she said dramatically. He bursted into laugh.

"Are you sure that someone will be not married by that time?"he asked.

"Yeah. The girl who can strike the chord of love in him may be not existing on this earth. Then I have a chance. Isnt it?"she asked back. He smiled.

"What if he have already found that girl who is meant for him?"

She looked at him suspiciously. "Are you serious?"

"Yes."he replied before walking fast to reach his friends. She was shocked.

"But you didnt tell me."she hurriedly followed him. On an attempt to stop him from walking further she held his wrist and her legs suddenly slipped. Before falling down he held her waist. They both had a deep eyelock that lasted for half a minute. Before completely getting lost into her eyes he pulled back. He supported her to stand straight. They both had an awkward moment.

"Aditi, walk carefully. This is not your home and please see yourself where we are."he warned her.

She looked down and get astonished. Only few more minutes, they are at the top of the hills. She was wondered. Sun is about to rise and its a sight worth to watch. Eventhough she is not an early morning person, today she loves this.

"Aditi, come fast."he held her hand and volunteered to walk in the front. She followed him until he stops at the top of the hill. She stood beside him watching his face.

"Say good morning..."he pointed towards the rising sun with an evercharming smile. She didnt move her eyes from his face. He was confused.

"Not on my face. Look there."he said.

"I can see the whole freshness of this beautiful morning on your face Dev. Its really surreal."she smiled making him amused.

"No flirting early morning."he quickly reverted eventhough each of her words registered in his heart in its right sense.

He slowly held her shoulders from her back and made her see the beautiful sight infront of them. He stood behind her protecting her while she slowly leaned back to his chest. Her head touching his chest and she closed her eyes.

"Thank you Dev. For this wonderful morning of my life."she opened her eyes facing him.
"Will you forget me?"she asked out of nowhere.

It was not less than a surprise for him. His face reflected that. "What kind of a question you are asking me? How can I forget you? Trust me. You are such an amazing person such that noone can easily forget you. After all, you are my mom's best friend's only daughter. Please dont be silly. I will never forget you even if I didnt come back or we didnt get an opportunity to meet again in the entire life."

She suddenly felt her eyes welled up. She was weak enough to not hide it from him.

"Hey Aditi. Why are you crying? Why should you cry everytime we meet? See my friends may notice and they will misunderstand me. I had a clean chart infront of them till now. You may ruin it." He was talking just to make her come back to her casual mood. He thought she will laugh. But she didnt. She just wiped her tears.

"Dev, I thought I am atleast a good friend for you. But you are saying me that you will only remember me because I am your mom's friend's daughter. Seriously? Am I so little for you?" Her question made him shock. He didnt let her feel that eventhough.

"Friends, you guys carry on. I have some works to be finished. Please..."he instructed his friends before facing Aditi again.

"Aditi, you are misunderstanding me. I dont know why you are thinking so stupid. First of all when did I say that I am leaving forever?"he was serious this time.

"I know Dev. Don't try to hide. I am the reason why you got bored to this place suddenly. The experiences you had with me is the reason. I am sorry for that."she spoke making him laugh.

"Aditi. I wish you had a little brain in your head and a better imagination power. You are assuming a lot."he giggled.

She felt hurt. She turned her face away from him looking at the sky. He didnt know what to do. He gathered the courage to speak.

"Hey just a minute. Even if it is the reason, why do you think that I will forget you?"he asked curiously.

"Now that you found your girl may be you dont need to remember my face."she blurted out still not facing him.

That hit where she aimed. He held her shoulders tightly and made her face him. She met his eyes. She can feel his anger.

"You know what. You are a fool Aditi. No wonder why that Rohan has left you."he said what he didnt want to.

She was shocked. "I cant believe that you said this Dev. Why are you hurting me dragging my past?"she was equally angry.

"To make you understand how stupid you are."he said.

She had no words to say now. She tried to leave. But he slowly tugged her hand and stopped her.

"Leave me. I am not talking to you hereafter. I just hate you."she protested.

"No, you are lying. You dont hate me Aditi. You love me."he stated making her go numb. Unlike before he is now calm. She felt it.

"What are you saying?"she widened her eyes in shock.

"Stop this already Aditi. I am not bored with this place. But with your this behavior. You are afraid to admit your feelings for me."he closed the distance between them. Her heart started beating fast.

"You are hallucinating."she declared averting her eyes away from him.

"Not me. You are."he smiled slightly and she looked at him surprisingly. "Why does that matter to you even if I have a girl in my life? Does that affect you anyway?"

"I don't. Its your life."she blurted out.

"So what was that drama you were playing here? Lie me it has no meaning."he smirked.

"Dev..."she couldn't complete. Before that she has been grabbed by his strong arms.

"Just accept what you are feeling for me. You are lying to yourself Aditi."she felt all emotions in his intense eyes. "You had no feelings for Rohan. It was just an infactuation. You assumed that you loved him. As always. When you understood that it was not love and he was actually cheating you, you stopped believing your heart. You started following others and stopped doing what your heart wants. Deceiving yourself."

"You are right. I stopped believing my heart long ago. I was always wrong whenever I did. So I just stopped. I am afraid Dev. I cant handle another heart break. I dont even know what my heart wants. There is no communication actually. I am not sure whether I loves you. I cant understand my feelings also." She shouted and her voice echoed the hills. "Only I know that it hurts me to see you with another girl. Affects me when you will be going away from me" it was not a confession. But she felt better.

He took a deep breath before pulling away from her.
"The bond you lost with your heart, I have that now. I can understand you better Aditi. You love me."he declared making her shock again.

"Please... Dev..."

"Shhh..."he placed his finger on her lips. She felt some strange feelings inside her feeling his touch on her lips. She had a sudden urge to run away but she cant. He is controlling her now.

"You wont see me with another girl. Never ever." He spoke making her surprise.

"But you just said that you found your girl.."

"Let me complete. I was not lying. There is a girl in my life. One I wanted to make mine when I met her for the first time"he paused and she felt suffocated. "But thats noone else, its you..stupid Aditi"he spoke sending shivers down her spine. Her eyes widened.

"That day when we bid good bye at the cafe, you wished me to find that girl soon who can strike the chord of love in me. But little did you know that you already stroke that chord of love in my heart. Within a single meeting." His sudden confession made her surprise.

"Eventhough I dont know whether it was true love or something else, I tried to keep me away from you. For my own peace. And also for you. Because you didnt want to see me" his words made her happy and sad at the same time.

"You had no idea what I felt for you. Each time when we met, it was always a No for you. But I wanted you to say an Yes for this alliance. Someday. See how unfortunate I am. I was not even capable of trying also. Because it may hurt you and I didnt want that."he nodded with a smile. It reached her heart. For some strange reasons, she felt her heart fluttering. Probably the first time.

"I thought that I was the only one in love and you will never reciprocate my feelings for you. Guess I am wrong. You are already in love Aditi."his statement made her shock once again.

"But.. Dev... I..."she couldn't speak properly.

"You..See you are not even able to prove me wrong. You can deceive yourself, but not always.  Accept that. What you feel for me."he smirked while moving away from her.

She stood silent for a long time. This may be the real period of realization for her. But she is not sure whether to accept and move on or betray her heart and confine back to her shell. He understood that it wont be easy for her. He shook his head while standing infront of her.

"How long will you take to understand your feelings Aditi? If it's not now, I can wait more."he said for which she looked at him confusingly. "I assure you. No matter how much you ages, I will be still bachelor by that time. And will be waiting for your mother's call."he grinned widely.

She opened her mouth in wonder. His grin increased and she had no other option except giving into it. Surprising both of them she hugged him tightly. It was unexpected and his legs slipped a little. But his hand worked rightly and held her safely in his arms.

"Its an YES from me Dev. Not tomorrow, not years after. Today. This moment. Now I am not afraid to accept my feelings. I love you Dev. I love youuuuu" she confessed making him numb for a moment.

"Are you sure Aditi?"he asked still in disbelief.

"Yes Dev. I am sorry. I was always a coward. I didnt let you reach my heart. But now I realize I am nothing without you. You are the one who made me smile again. You are the one who understood my heart better than me. I am sorry for making you disappoint always."she cried on his chest.

"Its not your fault baby. Please dont be sad."he assured while patting her back.

"Dev, now I am afraid only to lose you. Please dont leave me. Will you be mine? Will you marry me please?"she asked and his smile widened.

"I am all yours Aditi." His words made her all sorrows disappear.

"But only on one condition" he added and she looked at him confusingly.

"This time I am not. You will confess to both our mothers that we are in love. And its an Yes from us for this marriage."he winked at her.

"Ok I agree idiot."she hugged him more tightly and he slowly pecked her forehead. They laughed together. It was not a dream come true moment for them, but its the moment of solace for them. And them being themselves.

An happily ever after day for them. Its not an end, it's just the beginning of them being together. And this will continue for the next seven lives. They promised each other.

*********************************************

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121K 5.6K 32
Rank #33 in pranushka.. Can Love emerged from revenge sustain? Lets walk throught the pasts of Mehbeer. And see what fate has stored for Meher and A...
57.8K 3.7K 43
What if Billa is a love story ? Billa the underworld don has an encounter with a girl Maya. Will love will knock the door of Billa's life ? Will bill...
10.7K 616 5
True Love has a habit of coming back!!! {Five Parts Story on Pranushka} Cover Design By: @DrabbleLove (Enchanted Graphics)
9.4K 870 11
Siddharth , a passionate soldier yearns to meet his childhood sweetheart , Anjali. They loved through letters. Certain circumstances in life forced t...