Tragedy // Luke Hemmings

Bởi flxsteredmxke

"The first time you fall in love, it changes you forever and no matter how hard you try, that feeling just ne... Xem Thêm

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
Epilogue
final authors note?

11

49 1 1
Bởi flxsteredmxke

One month later

Luke's POV:

"Hey Lex. How is she? Why won't she answer any of my calls, did I do something? Please tell me I'll try to fix it."

"Luke, she's sick okay."

"W-what?"

"Please just call her mom or something okay, it's not my place to tell you. I'll text you her moms number okay?"

I sighed.

"Okay, thank you so much Lex. Thank you for everything. I've been so sad lately. I thought she found someone better or something.."

"No Luke, she misses you more than anything. Trust me."

"Then why doesn't she call me?"

She sighed.

"You'll figure out soon enough. Tell Michael to call me. Bye Luke."

"Okay, thanks again. Bye lex."

I hung up and frowned. Ever since the day she left I haven't talked to Julia since, and it was killing me. I thought she found someone better than me, or wanted to break up with me. Everyday was a struggle. The boys knew I was sad, I never showed it on stage. No, I actually played my heart out more than ever. One month has been hell. I walked back into the hotel room, which I was sharing with Calum.

"So..? What happened?"

I started balling, right there. Right in the middle of the room. I sat on the ground, crying my eyes out. I heard the bed creeking, meaning Calum was getting off. He sat next to me his hand around me.

"It's alright Luke. I'm here mate."

"She-She." I sobbed even more.

"It's okay, don't say anything yet." He was rubbing my back trying to calm me down. After about 15 minutes I was alright.

"I'm sorry Cal."

"For what?"

"Crying like that."

"Bro don't worry about it. You were hiding your emotions for too long and it wasn't good for you."

"She's sick." I mumbled

"Julia?"

"Yeah." I sighed

"Did you speak with her?"

"No..Lexi just told me I should call her mom."

"Then do it! You gotta be there for her Luke!"

"I know, I know. But I'm afraid."

"What are you afraid of?"

"I'm afraid I'm gonna have another break down if she talks to me."

"That's normal Luke, you gotta talk to her."

"Okay, I'll her right now."

"Alright, I'm here bro."

"I know. Thank you Calum."

Lexi texted me her moms number, I dialed it and nervously played with my nails.

"Hello?"

"Hi..um Mrs. Rodriguez...it's Luke. Um your daughters boyfriend."

"Oh, yes, hello. Finally you called hah!"

"Yeah..I'm sorry it took so long..I'm really worried about your daughter. She hasn't returned any of my calls for a month. Lexi told me to call you..so is there something..like up?"

"Yeah Luke...there is. She-um...Julia..her cancer is back Luke. She really needs you now, and I know she doesn't want to talk to you. She doesn't because she doesn't want to hurt you. And I'm sorry if this is a lot on your plate. I shouldn't have told you...I'm so sorry oh my gosh."

"It's fine..please. Is-is she okay?? What kind of cancer?"

"She's okay. She had breast cancer. She had it when she was thirteen, and they said it was at a high risk it came back, and well it did. She's doing radiation right now."

"Can I speak to her?"

"Of course. Hold on one moment."

I heard some talking and then her voice, and my heart stopped.

"Hello?"

"Ju-lia." I barley choked out

"Luke."

"W-hat..how are you?"

"I'm okay. You?"

"That's bullshit."

"What?"

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Tell you what?"

"About your cancer!"

"You-How do you know?"

"Ugh..Julia it doesn't matter. Why haven't you called me back? I thought you left me for someone better. I thought you were..I don't even know. And I feel like such a terrible boyfriend for not being there for you, now when you most need it."

"Luke, listen. I wouldn't ever hurt you on purpose, never. Your the greatest thing that's ever happened to me. That's why I'm not getting you involved in my shit. My cancer isn't part of your life. That's why I don't want you in my life, okay. That's why I haven't been calling you. Or texting you Luke. I'm gonna hurt you with this, and I would never be able to forgive myself if I did."

"Julia stop it. Stop it fucking right now. I love you okay. I'm going to get involved with this whether you like it or not! Your my girl, and everyone has issues. I'm helping you with this one way or another, alright?!"

"Luke don't fucking pity me because I have cancer."

"What do you mean?"

"You said you love me! No you don't! Stop pitying me okay, I don't need it. I get it from enough people."

"I'm not pitying you!! I fucking love you, damn. I've never felt this way with anyone before okay?? I'm sorry I'm sad, confused, and lonely. And damn I feel like shit for not being there for you. I'm sorry."

"I don't want you to see me like this. I'm chubby and ugly."

"Stop it. Fucking right now, your the most beautiful girl I've ever seen."

"Luke..."

"I'm gonna see you in two weeks. For now your gonna text me everyday. And FaceTime me, at least twice a week, got it?"

"Yes dad." She laughed. Dammit I missed that laugh.

"Geez you were killing me girl."

"Literally, haha."

"Stop, Ju."

"Sorry, too soon."

"I miss you tons."

"I miss you more. And I'm sorry.."

"I'm happy we're good again. I-"

"Don't say it. Not now, it's gotta be real. It's not when you say it now."

I sighed.

"Okay. Bye Ju. Like you a lottle."

"You too, Hemmings. Bye."

She hung up. I cursed under my breath.

"Cancer?" Calum looked at me. I almost forgot he was in the same room as me.

"Yeah..." I wanted to cry again.

"What..how?" Calum looked like he could've cried. His eyes were teary.

"I dunno. We're all gonna visit her in two weeks."

"Okay..good."

"Are you okay Cal?"

"Yeah..I just..she could di-"

"Don't even fucking say that." I said through gritted teeth

"I'm sorry Luke, but you need to know that she could. It's a possibility."

"You think I don't know that?! Dammit Calum."

"I'm sorry." He mumbled.

"It's okay, I'm sorry for yelling."

"I don't blame you.."

"I love you Calum. Thank you."

I hugged him close to me.

"I love you too Luke."

~

Julia's POV:

I was so scared for Luke, he knew about my cancer. I didn't want him to worry, I was fine. I was doing radiation..I would be okay. I hope, I know it's bad now. It's gotten really bad so far but hopefully I'll get better. I didn't want Luke to see me like this, I was pale, I shaved my head, I had gotten really skinny. I felt insecure, I always did. I sighed as I texted my mom to see if she could bring me food. 10 minutes later she brought me a sandwhich and water. I'm probably going to throw it up anyways. I sighed as I ate and watched tv. I fell asleep quickly. I dreamt of Luke that night, he cuddled me. I missed him so damn much. I woke up at 4:56 and ran to the bathroom, the doctors told me there was a surgery they wanted to try on me that could possibly save my life..but who knew. I started crying then, if this surgery didn't work I could die, I knew that, my mom knew that, Lexi knew that, and now Luke knew that. The sugery was planned for next week. I sat in bed and went through my phone. I noticed Luke texted me.

My boy😛❤️:

Goodnight babe, I like you so much and I'm here. Stay strong for me. See ya in two weeks, and FaceTime me tomorrow. Much love, xx

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

4.7K 147 17
"It's the moments, like these, that keep me alive." Warnings: Self-harm, family issues, alcohol, depression, suicide
37.5K 960 36
you don't choose who you fall for, do you? c o m p l e t e d
23.5K 440 25
"Go ahead, Luke, rip my heart out over and over again. Cause, you know, that's what love is all about. You hurt a person, but that one person is alwa...
6.1K 281 14
"love is inevitable, and it was unintentional to fall for you. i may have made a mistake but you're the best mistake i have ever made."