The Revelation

Von Rddudd

The sequel to the Unknown. SPOILER ALERT: IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW THE SURPRISE ENDING OF THE UNKNOWN, WAIT T... Mehr

The seven are back together
Embarrassed and ashamed
It shouldn't make a difference
In session
Senior ditch day
How do you know?
The rat
Sweet sweet revenge
Objectionable content
Judge, jury, and executioner
Two wrongs
I truly didn't understand
One helluva long day
I wouldn't dream of it
Start talking
Off the roof
Prime example
On the rocks
We didn't mean to interrupt
Captain's table
One ounce
You were just leaving
Good intentions
No escape
Lesson learned
Pay attention
Past sins
24 hours
Signs
Exactly
You're a meanie
Too young
Summer's almost over
I've got this
Our daughter
Cell
Livid yet calm
I bet
Take a seat
You're way off base
I agree darlin'
Lonely road
Downward spiral
Back on track
Two birds one stone
Scholarship
Stacey's motivation
Uninvited guests
The only test I ever hoped to fail
Higher power
Think before you speak
Before we face the music
Oh honey
Back home
It's not that deep
One more time
Are you finished?
Are you even serious?
A few calls
You will apologize
Regardless
Tears and fears
Seafood
Walking a very thin line
Welcome to stay
Submitting to authority
Maegan
Cake
Not too busy
Carry me
Who knew
Next time
Drop it
Pick up your blocks
Grown-up time
Showing off
That's not your call
Don't rush
Luxury of time
I'm sure we are
I didn't even
No greater pain
Another cup of tea
The Revelation

My generosity comes with stipulations

961 30 3
Von Rddudd

At the Foundation

Stacey's pov

"Hi, Dr. Curtis," I managed to squeak out timidly. I honestly feel like I'm three years old right now.

"Good morning, Stacey, Admiral." Dr. Curtis stood and came out from behind his desk to shake Shane's hand and give me a hug.

Oh, why did he have to do that? I thought. Now how am I supposed to disappoint him after that warm greeting? I feel like a total jerk.

"So how are you doing at university, Stacey?" Dr. Curtis asked, with genuine interest and concern, making this all the more difficult.

Suddenly finding my mouth overcome by dryness brought about by a lack of saliva, I bit my lower lip as I uttered, "Uh, that's actually what I came here to talk to you about, sir." I exhaled forcibly. Why was this so unbelievably difficult? Well, most likely it's due to the fact that Dr. Curtis still scares the crap out of me and probably always will.

Observing my hesitation, he prompted me, "Go on, Stacey, speak your mind."

I looked back pleadingly at Shane but he shook his head no and cleared his throat when I continued to stall.

Sighing, I ran my bottom lip through my teeth a couple times as I stared down at Dr. Curtis's blue grey carpeting, trying to garner up the nerve to deliver my bad news.

"Out with it, Stacey Marie. I'm a busy man with a full workload today," Dr. Curtis said sternly, giving me the push I needed to confess.

"I, uh, need some help paying my tuition this semester, sir, because I, uh, lost my scholarship due to poor academic performance." I spoke those last words barely above a whisper, erroneously believing they would carry less magnitude if uttered at a lower volume.

Dr. Curtis exhaled audibly as he visibly tensed, turning his back to me.

Standing with his hands on his hips, he asked, "Just how much money are we talking about, Stacey?"

"Three thousand dollars, sir." Despite my best intentions, I started to tear-up hearing the disappointment in Dr. Curtis's voice and feeling it in Shane's piercing glare.

Turning to face me, Dr. Curtis asked with a mixture of curiosity and disdain permeating his tone, "How, dear girl, did you lose your scholarship?"

"I, uh, let my grades drop by skipping several classes, missing some tests, and failing to turn in some assignments, sir." I wiped the tears that leaked from my eyes, feeling incredibly ashamed of myself.

"I see," he said sternly in a gravely serious voice, as he glanced at me then looked to Shane. "Why, pray tell, did your guardians allow it to come to this?" Dr. Curtis affixed his gaze on Shane as he spoke.

"I punished Stacey last night for her lack of focus, sir," Shane replied, in way of an explanation.

Shane's pov

"Some would say, too little too late," Neil narrowed his eyes at me, "and I would be inclined to agree with them, Admiral."

I swallowed hard and looked down at the floor to avoid Neil's harsh glare.

"We'll discuss this in private when I've dismissed Stacey. In the meantime, you may wait outside my office."

Feeling Neil's eyes on me, I reluctantly looked up and replied, "Yes sir," before closing the door behind me on my way out of his office. I felt bad leaving Stacey alone in there with him until I realized I was probably in just as much trouble, if not more, than my teenage daughter.

Stacey's pov

After Shane left, Dr. Curtis crossed his arms over his chest and leaned against his desk as he said, "I think you know how disappointing I find this situation you carelessly landed yourself into due to your immature behaviour. Don't you, Stacey Marie?"

"Yes sir, I'm sorry." I started to cry again so he handed me a tissue.

"I will provide you with the necessary monies to cover your tuition, Stacey, but know my generosity comes with stipulations." Dr. Curtis's authority rang through his words loud and clear. "What time does your last class on Friday let out, Stacey?"

"3pm, sir."

"At 3:30pm every Friday I'll be expecting your call, at which time you will give me a detailed explanation of the material your professors lectured on during each of your classes that week, so you better take copious notes, young lady. I'll also expect you to inform me of any grades you've received and any upcoming assignments, quizzes, or tests you have in the near future. Understand?"

"Yes sir," I replied humbly.

"I want you to be aware that if you ever fail to call me at the designated time, you will find yourself in my office at 7am Saturday awaiting my discipline and I assure you, it will not be pleasant."

Dr. Curtis's words literally sent a cold chill through me as I shuddered while processing his threat, knowing in reality it was actually a promise to not only address, but correct my misbehavior. Despite fearing what his discipline would entail, I was oddly comforted by the fact that he cared so much about my education, he was willing to provide me the means necessary to support my success.

"If you ever receive a final grade lower than a C in any of your classes, I will personally unenroll you from university and move you back home, where you will take online classes and work for me at the Foundation until you earn the privilege of attending university again. Do I make myself clear, Stacey Marie?"

Not gonna lie, it took me a minute to truly process all of what Dr. Curtis just said.

"I strongly suggest you don't keep me waiting much longer, young lady." He crossed his arms over his chest again.

I had to close my mouth before speaking as it still hung open upon hearing Dr. Curtis's threat to pull me out of school.

"Uh," I stammered, trying to recall what his question actually was at this point.

"Stacey Marie!" Dr. Curtis yelled, now having lost his patience.

"Yes sir, yes sir," I repeated again with confidence, recalling his original question of do I make myself clear.

"You better shape up and be on your best behaviour when you return to school, young lady, as I strongly suggest you take full advantage of this opportunity you've been granted."

"I will, sir, I promise," I said sincerely.

"Very well, I'll be expecting your call Friday at 3:30pm. I'm counting on you to make me proud, Stacey Marie."

I wanted nothing more at this moment than to make the three most important men in my life proud of me, so I vowed to do just that.

"I will try my best, sir."

"I know you will, luv," Dr. Curtis said softly, pulling me into his strong comforting arms. Embracing me and kissing the top of my head he repeated, "I know you will," before swatting me on the bottom with enough force to make me wince.

Pulling away and turning his back to hide his emotional vulnerability from his protege's oldest charge, Dr. Curtis simply stated, "You're dismissed."

"Thank you, sir," I said, as I quickly made my way out the door.

Shane's pov

As Stacey rushed out of Neil's office, I said, "Wait for me in the car. I'll be down in a few minutes."

Neil held his office door open for me as he ordered, "I'm ready for you now, Donovan. Come in and take a seat."

Uncomfortable with the prospect of being chastised by Neil, I reluctantly sat in the chair across from his desk.

"I hold you and Michael partly responsible for Stacey's lackluster academic performance at university. Even though the girls are no longer minors in a legal sense, they still require your guidance and discipline. Do they not?"

"Yes sir, I agree." I sat nervously awaiting Neil's decree.

"For that reason, I'll be docking your paycheck and Michael's until you've repaid me half the money I'm loaning her. Am I clear?" Neil spoke sternly.

"Yes sir." I couldn't help feeling like a naughty toddler being admonished by his father as Neil scolded me.

"Stacey still needs you and Michael as do Julie, Lisa and Carrie. Parenting doesn't stop when your children are at the age of eighteen, Donovan. If the two of you aren't up to the challenge, I won't hesitate to step in and take matters into my own hands. Understand?"

"Yes sir." I knew better than to argue or take an attitude with Neil.

"You should know if I have to step in, I won't just be correcting the girls." Neil narrowed his eyes as he made his not so thinly veiled threat.

"I understand, sir, and you have my personal assurance that won't be necessary," I replied sincerely, trying to appease my less than happy boss.

"For your sake, Admiral, I certainly hope it won't." Neil's words held a distinctly menacing undertone that I quickly recognized.

Standing before him, I respectfully replied, "You have my word, sir."

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

50.6K 413 10
Alexis "Alex" Marie Kingston is what you would assume is a rich brat and Mr. Ezra Pierce is a strict but friendly teacher who teaches English at Alex...
The Unknown Von Jas jacey

Aktuelle Literatur

364K 5.9K 129
Follow the lives of four young orphans who suddenly find themselves growing up under the stern discipline of not one but two handsome inexperienced g...
866K 17K 91
Emma Smith is a teenage girl with 5 big brothers. Their parents were divorced and emma lived with her mother until both of her parents died in a plan...
17.2K 476 6
Lexi Parker tried living with her aunt after her mother passed away but the undisciplined twelve year old was too much for the young mother to handle...