Miss Americana & The Heartbre...

By mochacherie

'Pranks and Perverts and Padfoot, oh my!' Meet Kelsey 'Kelpie' Jones: Miss Americana, Comic lover and the Hu... More

1. I Knew You Were Trouble
2. I Did Something Bad
3. Mean
4. So It Goes...
5. "You play stupid games, you win stupid prizes"
6. mad woman
8. ...Ready For It?
9. Look What You Made Me Do
10. Call It What You Want
11. The Man
12. Never Grow Up
13. Innocent
14. It's Nice to Have a Friend
15. You Need To Calm Down
16. Breathless
17. Treacherous
18. If This Was A Movie
19. hoax
20. Don't Blame Me
21. Superman
22. Sweeter Than Fiction
23. Enchanted
24. Jump Then Fall
25. epiphany
26. I Almost Do
27. The Moment I Knew
28. Delicate
29. How You Get the Girl
30. Lover
31. illicit affairs
32. Everything Has Changed
33. The Archer
34. New Romantics
35. dorothea
36. Only The Young
37. Mine
38. Speak Now
39. Tell Me Why
40. no body, no crime
41. exile
42. the lakes
43. Fearless
44. Eyes Open
45. Out of the Woods
46. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
47. Mary's Song (Oh My My My)
48. the last great american dynasty
49. Love Story
50. The Story of Us (Epilogue)

7. This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things

17.6K 678 708
By mochacherie

A/N: So this is January 1977 aka post-winter break during their 6th year!

ϟ

January 1977

"Soo.." Kelsey started off. "Come here often?" she asked. Benjamin looked at her funny and grinned.

Great. Now he thinks you're an idiot.

The day had come. Last week, Benjamin Macdonald had finally asked her out on a date, her very first date, to Hogsmeade.

"What I meant was umm-" she stammered. "Crazy weather amiright?" she rambled looking at the sky.

It was a clear December day. She heard him chuckle.

"Want to know a secret?" he said, looking at her with a reassuring smile. She nodded silently. "I'm just as nervous on the inside." He took her hand in his and they entered the town, chatting away about the latest Honeydukes crazes and his NEWT classes.

Lost in their own world they didn't notice the suspiciously large group of students following them not so subtly several feet behind.

"This is so wrong on so many levels. I am officially disgusted. Feels a bit incestuous to be creeping like this," Mary complained to her gang of giggling girlfriends.

"That sodding perv! Do you see that?" Sirius exclaimed the moment he saw Benjamin take her hand. Dressed in a muggle band shirt, heavy denim and his signature leather jacket, he walked beside the Marauders, with his hand in his pockets. He kicked a pebble off the road.

"They're just holding hands, Padfoot," Moony rolled his eyes.

"What a pedo! She's younger than him!"

"Pads, you used to kiss seventh years when we were fifteen," Prongs reminded him.

"Can't he like keep it in his pants?!"

"And now you're talking like Jones. We don't say 'like' that way Padsy," teased Wormtail.

A rogue snowball hit Sirius on the back of his head.

"That's my brother you're talking about, you numbknut!" Mary called out from behind the boys.

They turned to see Jones' other friends also following the couple. They broke out into an argument over who had the right to follow them.

"Why are you even following them? Lily's right here!" Marlene yelled.

"Hey!" Lily elbowed her.

"Unless you had a change of heart, Potter, and now you're into our lovely Kelsey ever since your moment in Diagon Alley," said Mary, wriggling her eyebrows.

"What moment?!" Lily asked a little too harshly.

"You have been avoiding Lily this term. Unusually so," wondered Astrid, tapping her chin.

"What? No! Never. Lilypad this was ALL Sirius' doing. He's like obsessed with her. It's unhealthy, really," James shook his head and started refuting.

"Now who's the one talking like Jones," said Sirius smugly. Remus nudged him. "Can't be more unhealthy than your obsession with Evans though. No offense, Evans, you're lovely as usual- Prongs!" Sirius rubbed the back of his head in the spot where James had hit him. He carried on. "Plus, I'm just following Jones to watch her make a fool of herse-"

"Uhh guys," Peter interrupted. "Where did they go?"

It seems as if the couple on their first date had vanished. The eight students stood in the middle of Hogsmeade looking around to see if they could spot them entering any stores but they had disappeared.

In a small alley between Madam Pudifoots and an old Apothecary, Kelsey and Benjamin stood next to each other with their backs pressed against the wall.

"I can't believe it. They were actually following us! Those sodding as-" Kelsey said.

"Sshh," Benjamin whispered. Their eyes met and they held back a laugh.

"I'll check if the coast is clear. And then we run across the street into The Three Broomsticks. Okay?"

"Okay," she said, preparing herself to sprint.

When was the last time she had any physical activity? Probably when she had chased Potter and Black down the hallway the morning after Black had stunned her and left her in a corridor, sending Bat Bogey Hexes. That was months ago.

"Now!"

Breaking her from her daydream, Benjamin tugged her hand and they ran across the street. Just outside the pub, they came to a stop when Kelsey tripped over her ankle boots and straight into Benji's arms.

"Oof," she humphed and found herself on top of him.

"Hey," he whispered looking up at her, blowing strands of hair away.

"Hey," she breathed. She reached out a hand to move said strand. He reached a hand out to steady her and then they both got up together.

"We made it," she said. He nodded, biting his lip. "I guess we should go in?" she shuffled her feet in the snow, hands grasped behind her back.

"Sod it," she heard Benjamin say under his breath. He cupped her face and lowered his face, chastely planting his lips on hers.

It wasn't as warm as her first kiss with Sirius. Nor did it fill her tummies with butterflies.

What is wrong with me? She wondered. When Benjamin didn't feel her kiss back, he stopped and broke away.

"Shite. I'm sorry Kels. I didn't mean to jump you, I just-" he started apologising instantly.

"Don't be! You just caught me off guard," she said hastily. She reached to wrap her arms around him and pulled him back for another kiss. Perhaps a take two would help.

Their lips were about to meet again when she felt something cold hit her bum. She was confused as to why it hit her skin so directly. She pulled away.

"Nice knickers, Kelpie!" called out a voice.

Kelsey shrieked and reached her hand behind her to feel cold snow sliding down her legs. Between her rush to get to the Three Broomsticks and the fall, her skirt had ridden up her butt and she wasn't wearing stockings. What she was wearing was her underwear with teddy bears on them.

She turned to see Sirius Black strutting over with a smug look on his face. Behind him Remus stood with his head in his hands looking embarrassed, while James diverted his gaze, trying not to look at anyone's knickers unless they were Evans'. Obviously.

"You-you did this!" she blamed him, still turning around trying to find a spot to pull down her skirt from.

Just like a dog trying to catch its own tail, Sirius mused, having had some personal experience with that.

After managing to smoothen down her skirt, she didn't have it in her to face Benjamin who probably thought of her to be a harlot now. A harlot who wore teddy themed undies.

"Eager to get into his pants I see. Although might want to ask him if he's into girls who wear cartoon knickers," Sirius chortled. He stopped right in front of the couple, who avoided each other's gaze now.

"That's it!" Kelsey geared up while Benji tried to hold her back. She pushed him off with surprising force.

She ran to Sirius before he could understand what was happening and pushed him to the ground, falling on top of him again. Except this time she tried to grab the snow off the ground and stuff his face with it.

"Eat shit Black," her gloved hand pushed his head into the snow.

"What is this?!" An appalled Professor McGonagall rushed out of the pub. "Mister Black! Miss Jones! And you three! My office, now!"

"Never before have I seen a more badly behaved bunch of students in my career." Minerva McGonagall paced around her office with Pomona Sprout standing in the corner shooting disappointed looks at Kelsey. "The two of you are supposed to be Prefects, setting a good example for our younger students!"

Kelsey and Remus had the decency to look ashamed.

"Yet," interrupted Sirius.

"Excuse me?" Mcgonagall shot him a look. Kelsey and the other three Marauders stared at him horrified.

"What you mean, Minnie, my dear, is: Never before have I seen a more badly behaved bunch of students yet," emphasised Sirius.

McGonagall didn't know how right he was. She would remember this scene fondly fifteen years later when Harry Potter and Ron Weasley would crash a blue Ford Anglia into the Whoomping Willow.

But until then, she could still punish these troublemakers.

ϟ

"Detention! Until the end of next week!" Kelsey cried woefully into her pillow back in her dorm.

"Must you be so dramatic?" Astrid sounded almost bored. She sat next to Kelsey on the bed patting her gently.

"I AM GOING TO KILL HIM!"

"Yes you are," Astrid cooed.

"In his sleep."

"Whatever you say."

"'I'm going to make him suffer," she seethed.

"But of course".

"I wish I was in Slytherin. I bet they'd help me plan revenge," she mumbled into her pillow.

"Hey!" Astrid hit her with a pillow.

ϟ

A/N: Don't forget to vote/comment!

The juicy seventh-year stuff finally starts in the next chapter. Although this was one of my favorite chapters to write so far.

GIF: GfyCAT

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.2K 1.1K 12
( 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐄𝐃 ) "𝐌𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞 𝐈 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬, 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬, 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫�...
262K 10.5K 21
「𝗣𝗔𝗥𝗔𝗠𝗢𝗨𝗥」❝That boy is really strange❞ ▪︎ Synopsis ▪︎ Kaia McKinnon is inattentive, and not that she could handle it. It was just how she had...
302K 5.3K 31
Isla Isabelle Caruso is a frail 3-year-old child whose life has been ruined by unfathomable abuse. Isla becomes entangled in a web of suffering cause...
1.4M 47.7K 61
BOOK #1 Serendipity (n) finding something good without looking for it - Marauders Era Fanfiction - Eva Taylor. Sixth year. First female keeper for t...