๐„๐—'๐’ ๐€๐๐ƒ ๐Ž๐‡'๐’ โ” pope...

By kingsmaria

๐ž๐ฑ'๐ฌ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐จ๐ก'๐ฌ ๏ฝž*:ยท๏พŸin which pope meets his college sweetheart only to find out her ex is his old ti... More

๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ. ๐ž๐ฑ'๐ฌ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐จ๐ก'๐ฌ
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ. ๐ฉ๐ซ๐จ๐ฅ๐จ๐ ๐ฎ๐ž
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ. ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐›๐š๐ง๐ค๐ฌ
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ‘. ๐š ๐ฅ๐š๐ญ๐ž ๐ง๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐ญ๐ž๐ฑ๐ญ
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ’. ๐ฅ๐ข๐›๐ซ๐š๐ซ๐ฒ ๐ก๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฌ
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ“. ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ฆ๐ฆ๐ž๐ซ ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐š๐ง๐ฌ
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ”. ๐ซ๐จ๐š๐ ๐ญ๐ซ๐ข๐ฉ ๐๐จ๐ฐ๐ง ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ก
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ–. ๐จ๐ฅ๐ ๐Ÿ๐š๐๐ž๐ฌ ๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐จ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ง๐ž๐ฐ
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ—. ๐ข๐ง๐ง๐จ๐œ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐ช๐ฎ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง
๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ. ๐ญ๐ฐ๐จ ๐ฌ๐ข๐๐ž๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ข๐ญ ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ. ๐š ๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ฆ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐›๐ซ๐ž๐ฐ๐ข๐ง๐ 
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ. ๐œ๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ง๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐ซ๐ž๐œ๐ค
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘. ๐ก๐จ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฉ๐š๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’. ๐ ๐ข๐ซ๐ฅ ๐ญ๐š๐ฅ๐ค

๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ•. ๐›๐จ๐ง๐ž๐ฒ๐š๐ซ๐ ๐ง๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ

1.3K 53 35
By kingsmaria

𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐊𝐒

june 9th

          AFTER ENDURING A LONG HIGHWAY DRIVE enclosed in the same space as her older brother, Chelsea was relieved to have reached her long awaited final destination — the Outer Banks. The particularly large house that had been lent to the Walton family for summer holiday wasn't the teen's main concern. Instead, she was just eager to get in contact with Pope and get her break started.

She took only a few minutes freshening up and changing into a lighter summer outfit, before Pope texted to inform her of his arrival. Since her family hadn't been there in forever, the amber haired girl was basically a stranger to the Banks. Nor was she familiar with the separation that occurred between the less fortunate part and Figure 8.

Luckily for her, the other members had dispersed each to do their engagements, therefore no teasing or explanation had to be dealt with.

The sun was setting once Chelsea stepped down the front porch and the warm feeling of the golden hour wrapping around her was so comforting that she nearly forgot to search for the boy she was meant to meet — only to realize he was nowhere in sight. Looking further out into the dirt driveway, she then spotted a VW Van, which she made her way to.

"You could've gone closer, silly." She teased, entering the vintage vehicle before grabbing his chin between her index and thumb and pressing a long-lasting kiss to his cheek.

"I didn't know what was the situation with your family."

"An annoying older brother and a mother that lives for her tea o'clock posse that luckily have left the house earlier. I guess I should've told you about that." Chelsea rambled as she searched for a seatbelt in the truck.

Pope just watched her in amazement, it was quite funny how the two had such different rhythms. He was often calm but would freak out at the slightest inconvenience, whilst Chelsea was quick to display a full-on monologue during a conversation, but still remained to be the voice of reason in hardest times. It was as their differences balanced the both.

"You look amazing, by the way."

"Aw, thank you!"

The young teen smiled at the compliment as they now were on the road across the asphalt roads that soon lead them across the bridge into the other part of the Banks.

Pope was awfully quiet, mainly nervous. It was quite a cultural shock for the outsiders to spot such different ways of living such as this and he was afraid it would manage to change her whole view on him, for this. Nevertheless, she carried an effortless conversation on the passenger seat, without paying the road ahead much mind.

"And, we're here. John B's place and the official meeting point of my group of friends."

The teen spread a nervous smile, before grabbing his hand and finding comfort in his taller figure. Chelsea was quite the social girl, but wanted to make a good first impression regardless. It was a close call between which of the two was the most nervous in this situation.

"Hey, guys!" Pope called out, walking through the front door followed by her.

"Look who it is. My favorite person in the whole world." JJ was the first one to pop-up at the backdoor frame, wrapping his arms around his best friend, whose hand unattached from Chelsea's — as if it hadn't been less than forty minutes from their last conversation.

"And Chelsea..." the teen awkwardly presented, once they turned their attention towards her.

"And Chelsea, naturally." JJ greeted, pulling her for a hug just as intensely as his friend's. She reciprocated and smiled at Pope, who stared at her in disbelief at the blonde teen's all-too comfortable actions. "Feels like I've known you all my life, he legit won't stop talking ab-"

"Alright" Pope interrupted once they had both separated from the hug, guiding her further out into the porch and far from JJ, where John B and Kiara watched the scene from "this is John B."

"The house owner."

"That's me — welcome!"

"And Kiara."

"Finally a female presence to shut these idiots out."

"Other than Pope's?"

Both Pope's frown and Kiara's middle finger shut JJ's comment, whose hands shot up in his defense.

"Please call me Kie." The brown-skinned pulled Chelsea for a hug.

"So this is for real?" JJ muttered lower at him, pointing between the pair "because if not, I'm claiming her."

"Good catch." John B now joined the male-part of the group, as the girls had parted ways to discuss stuff of their own.

"I must say, I'm surprised."

"Thanks, JJ. That's nice."

"So you're staying at Figure Eight?" Kiara asked, once they all settled in around the area.

"That is-?"

"The much fancier part of the Outer Banks where electricity isn't cut down for weeks on end after a hurricane."

The boys all responded differently at the teen's bluntness, mostly with amusement. Pope, however, was cautiously evaluating each word.

"Says the fake-pogue."

"I believe so?"

"Well, we'll have to show you what the OBX is really about."

"If that doesn't force me into any lame country-club and five-course meal, yes please."

"I'm actually down for that meal" JJ raised his hand, before John B slapped it off, laughing.

"I came around this area for summer with my family in the past, it's just been two years since I haven't step foot. I outgrew it, I think."

"You'll get to decide for yourself. Tonight, the boneyard — you're coming, right? She's coming?"

"I haven't told her about it,"

"I'm in." Chelsea winked at Pope, who sat across the room.

- ⋆ -

The once empty beach and small bonfire didn't take long before people got the queue and started showing up full force. JJ and John B had set down the keg that was now serving the whole of the party attenders and Chelsea lost sight at the amount of teens that surrounded her.

"May need a re-fill." She showed him her empty cup, which he soon grabbed out of her hand.

"I got you."

"I can come with you, you know."

"Don't worry about it."

The split second he left her for, the teen watched him from afar with a smile spread across her lips. He was doing the absolute max he could to assure her comfort throughout the party, which felt nice. She could see how hard he was trying.

"So, you're alright?" He questioned, handing her the cup."

"Pope, I'm fine." She paused, stepping closer to him "it's also the tenth time you've asked me that." She chuckled, closing the gap between both and pressing her lips against his in a small yet sweet kiss.

"Uh, I- just want to make sure you're enjoying."

"It's fun! Trust me, this is just what I needed. Just make sure you enjoy it, too."

"I am. May not go as crazy as JJ, but I'm very glad you're here."

The glance was secured with a smile, before JJ caught their attention by standing up on one of the logs to impress a nearby tourist he was currently chatting up. He was definitely the life of the party, as anyone in the surroundings focused on him.

"I may go get my jean-jacket from the car, it's chilly here by the water."

"If you want, I can go get it for you-"

"No, it's fine."

"Want me to come along?"

"I'll be just a minute." She assured, before parting off towards the area where the cars were parked and another amount of teens reunited, either talking or drinking.

The alcohol she had consumed up until this point didn't hit her until she was forced to walk further than two meters, which is why her only focus at the moment was each step that sunk into the sand. Attempting not to stumble or trip, the teen held her red cup in her right hand, while having her arms crossed.

Once she reached for her denim jacket, which she placed around her shoulders, she turned around back to the scene. It was darker out here since the trees secluded the spot, but an annoying flashlight followed by some whistles annoyingly caught her attention.

Stopping in her tracks, the tipsy teen turned to her left to spot the origin of this commotion. Her free hand blocking the light soon dropped at the call of her name.

"Guys, stop. Chelsea?"

The voice she knew all too well.

"Rafael?"

~*:·゚

guys... he's here!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...