πΏπ‘‚π‘‰πΈπ‘…π΅π‘‚π‘Œ (𝐢. 𝐷𝑖𝑔�...

By simply_simps_

"Are you playing hard to get?" "Oh please, you think I'd play anything for you? I'm just simply hard to get"... More

Prologue & Cast
Chapter 1: Friendly Faces
Chapter 2: The Grand Staircase
Chapter 3: Sleeping Bags
Chapter 4: Black Lake
Chapter 5: Wrong Man
Chapter 6: Leaving Home
Chapter 7: Manor Rescue
Chapter 8: Quidditch World Cup
Chapter 9: Friend or Foe
Chapter 10: A Glorified Idiot
Chapter 11: Heartbreak
Chapter 12: Two Sides To A Story
Chapter 13: The First Task
Chapter 14: Deals and Dates
Chapter 15: Amortentia
Chapter 16: Bruises
Chapter 17: Astronomy Tower
Chapter 18: Polyjuice Potion
Chapter 20: Ghost in the Graveyard
Chapter 21: Remembering
Chapter 22: Cursed Scars
Chapter 23: Summer Loving
Chapter 24: Orders
Chapter 25: Nosebleed Nougats
Chapter 26: Padfoot
Chapter 27: Just Pink Not Pretty
Chapter 28: Quills
Chapter 29: The D.A.
Chapter 30: Quidditch Brawl
Chapter 31: Betrothed
Chapter 32: Mistletoe
Chapter 33: Expecto Patronum
Chapter 34: Great Escapes
Chapter 35: Catch
Chapter 36: Department of Mysteries
Chapter 37: Thestrals
Chapter 38: Graduation
Chapter 39: The New Longbottom
Chapter 40: Forever
Chapter 41: Stomach
Chapter 42: Andromeda Tonks
Chapter 43: Wedding Crashers
Chapter 44: Forgetting
Chapter 45: Tyler LeStrange
Chapter 46: Astrid Black
Chapter 47: Cassie Diggory
Chapter 48: Aaron LeStrange
Chapter 49: Rey Quigley
Chapter 50: Belle Quinn
Chapter 51: Ned Longbottom
Chapter 52: Aspen LeStrange
Chapter 53: Cedric Diggory
Chapter 54: Amora Diggory
Epilogue

Chapter 19: The Final Task

3.6K 98 44
By simply_simps_

The mix of the band music and cheering echoed through the hallway. Amora, who was now Cedric, paced nervously, gripping his wand. How had she landed herself in this situation? She had to stop Harry from getting to the Cup, but she had no ideas on how to do it.

"Cedric, my boy!" a voice shouted from the end of the hallway. Amora barely had time to respond before Amos' arm wrapped around her shoulders and began walking her to the entrance.

"Now, I know that you entered to get your girlfriend back, but," Amos started.

"Wait, he what?" Amora asked. Amos looked at her, confused.

"Cedric are you feeling alright?" Amos asked, looking at his son carefully.

"I'm fine Dad, don't worry about it," Amora mumbled.

"Well, as I was saying, now that you made it to the Final Task you might as well try to win it!" Amos clapped Amora hard on the back as they entered the stadium. They were greeted by a lot of cheering and Amora ducked her head shyly. She looked up at the stands only once to see her friends, and she was glad to see them all supporting Cedric. She then had to look away, guilty with knowing that she should be there too. The only thing that kept her walking to where the Champions were was the knowledge that she was doing this for not just Cedric, but for everyone she loved. She wasn't going to let anyone else get hurt because of her, not anymore.

"Alright Champions, gather round," Dumbledore spoke. Amora glanced behind her as Amos eagerly pushed her into the circle before raising her arm, causing the crowd to erupt in cheers. She yanked her arm back down, desperately not trying to attract any attention, but Amos just shot her a confused look.

"Now, since Mister Diggory and Mister Potter are currently tied for first place, they will be the first to enter the maze. Then followed by Mister Krum who will be followed by Miss Delacour. Any questions?" Dumbledore explained in a very calm manner.

Before any of them even got a chance to ask a question, a loud cannon went off, signaling the beginning of the Final Task. As Dumbledore sent an annoyed look to Filch, Amos ushered Amora over to the entrance of the maze. Or at least what she assumed was the entrance, but she couldn't tell due to the fact that she was facing a big wall full of vines and plants. She looked over to Harry who was just as confused, but her eyes widened when she saw the vines separated and form an entrance for her. She turned around to take one last look, and her eyes locked with Moody's. He nodded his head to the right and the last thing Amora saw was Amos giving her a wave goodbye.

She focused her attention to the maze, hell bent on keeping her and Harry safe. Where was the Dark Lord even supposed to be? As long as she made it to the Cup first, the Final Task would be over and everything would be okay. Sure enough, the first fork in the road she turned right with no hesitation. What she didn't expect was to run into a flurry of pixies that angrily squeaked at her. She ran away as fast as she could, but they swarmed around her, swatting at different parts of her body.

"Immobulus!" she shouted and the tip of Cedric's wand exploded in a white flash. The pixies looked confused as they floated through midair, not able to move a muscle. Amora simply smirked and kept moving, determined to win.

After a couple more minutes of running in random directions and three dead ends, a blood curdling scream echoed through the maze. Before Amora could even respond, a bright red flare shot up and exploded overhead, the crimson marking against the navy sky.

She rounded the corner, still staring at the firework, and was surprised to see Victor Krum. What surprised her more was that he had his wand pointed at Harry, as if deciding whether or not to attack.

"Oi! Pea brain!" Amora shouted. Victor turned around, only to be stupified.

"Thanks Cedric," Harry muttered as he scrambled to his feet, snatching his wand.

"Don't mention it," Amora replied. She suddenly felt herself being lowered to the ground and stared in horror as she realized she was changing back.

"We need to go," she hissed as her hair turned from chestnut brown back to it's raven black.

"Cedric, are you alright?" Harry asked. Amora didn't reply as she sprinted down a narrow pathway, Harry hot on her tail. They rounded yet another corner, but there was a small glowing light at the end of this one. The Cup was unmistakable as it illuminated the certain victory of it's champion. Her and Harry exchanged a quick glance as Harry frowned. He could have sworn Cedric's eyes looked brown. Amora took off, sprinting towards the cup. Harry ran after her, but to his luck, a vine curled around Amora's arm and yanked her back.

"Harry! Harry help!" she shouted. This time, she felt her raven hair grow back to it's usual length. The Polyjuice Potion was done, and she was back to being Amora. Harry turned around and his jaw dropped as he stared at the Slytherin tangled up in the vines. She felt one wrap around her neck and she began to feel tears sting against her eyes as she choked out another cry for help.

Another vine curled around her arm and Amora squeezed her eyes shut as she awaited her doom, but to her luck, Harry shouted, "Reducto!"

The spell was enough to scare the vines away and Amora clamored to her feet.

"What are you doing here?" Harry asked, confused.

"It doesn't matter. What matters is that one of us takes the bloody Cup and this Task is over," she hissed. Her and Harry stood right next to the Cup, and one of them could easily just grab it as much as they wanted too. Wind howled in their ears as the center of the maze felt like the eye of a tornado.

"Together, and then you can explain what happened," Harry offered. Amora nodded her head as she watched Harry's hand wrap around the Cup.

She did the same until she heard, "Stop! Stop it! The Cup is a Portkey!" She turned around to find the source of the voice and was extremely surprised to see Cedric flying in on a broom.

"Cedric, wait!" Amora screamed but it was too late. Her hand reached out for his but before he could grasp it, she and Harry disappeared in a snap.

"Dammit," Cedric hissed.

He climbed back onto his broom, defeated, as he flew over the night sky. The same one he and Amora had been looking at, just the night before. Now, he was painfully able to recognize the Little Dipper and he shook his head. He had no time to feel upset or sad. He needed to find Amora, and that was the only thing that kept him going.

Snape, Mc Gonagall, and Dumbeldore had already caught Mad Eye Moody the moment the real Cedric had bursted out into the arena. They had their suspicions about the ex auror, but the real Cedric's appearance confirmed that.

Cedric himself had woken up in the Defense Against The Dark Arts classroom and was extremely confused. The last thing he had remembered was the Sleeping Charm and Amora. Cedric shot to his feet as he slowly connected the dots. He looked out the window and saw the night sky, but he still couldn't remember all that much. He ran to his dorm, threw on a shirt and some pants before grabbing his broom and racing to the arena. Sure enough, the students began to murmur to one another the second Cedric entered the arena. He looked over first to Fleur who looked as if she had just seen a ghost.

His gaze then shifted over to Mad Eye Moody and he raised his hand before shouting, "You! Where the hell is she?"

Moody looked over so fast that his flask dropped out of his hand. He sent Cedric a smirk, knowing he had been caught, before lifting his wand at him.

"Stupefy!"

Mc Gonagall stupified Moody as Snape bent down and lifted the flask. After one whiff he turned to Dumbledore and muttered, "Polyjuice Potion."

Dumbledore nodded his head slowly before turning to Flitwick and Sprout.

"I need you two to search Moody's office. Minerva and Severus, if you would please escort Moody to somewhere where we can question him," Dumbledore instructed and the staff launched into action. Cedric raced over to Dumbledore, his heart pounding.

"She's still in there!" Cedric huffed.

"Well then go find her," Dumbledore spoke ever so calmly, "But I must warn you, we have been suspecting Moody's suspicious behavior and plotting for a couple of months now. I myself personally think the Cup is a Portkey meant to sent certain Champions to a certain place."

Cedric firmly nodded his head before climbing into his broom and taking off into the night sky without a second thought. He felt the cold wind whip past his face but he ignored it, determined to find her. He dipped lower and lower to the ground until he saw a small luminescent blue glow in the center of the maze. He did a nosedive to it and was surprised to see Amora in his Hufflepuff uniform with Harry, and they were clearly talking something out. Cedric grinned to himself, proud that he had made it in time. Then, to his horror, the pair reached out and grasped the Cup at the same time.

"Stop! Stop it! The Cup is a Portkey!" he shouted. Amora whirled around and looked shocked to see Cedric.

His eyes focused on her outstretched hand but when his hand reached to meet hers, it met nothing but the thin air.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

A/N: IM SO TIRED BUT YAYYY ANOTHER CHAPTER! :) Tysm for all of y'all's support, it really means so much. Have a magical day!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 52.4K 73
"π™°πš—πš πš“πšžπšœπš πš•πš’πš”πšŽ πšπš‘πšŠπš, πšœπš‘πšŽ 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝗴𝗼𝗻𝗲." Y/n Whitmoore, daughter of well known purebloods, is entering her sixth year at Hogwarts...
4.5M 130K 121
[ completed] In their four years of knowing each other, Draco Malfoy and Amora Buckley have never managed to see eye to eye. However, when the pair a...
117K 1.9K 28
"I like you. It's doesn't feel like its nothing anymore." He said to the young brown hair caramel eyed girl in front of him. "Hermione...what you thi...
3.7K 154 13
"You know you love me, beautiful." "Fine. I love you, Cedric. With all my heart." ~.+*+.~ In an alternate universe where Cedric didn't love Cho Chang...