Make Me Golden

Par aandyP

"Even love isn't strong enough to stop someone from leaving you." - Hallie Talin "I won't leave you Hallie. N... Plus

01| a party mishap
02| blunders of last night
03| the day after
| aesthetics |
04| proud and disappointed
05| disappear
06| serve me
07| follow my command
08| what he wants
09| his kiss
10| beautiful world
11| tears falling
12| bundles of flowers
13| getting ready
14| bad date
15| sorry gift
16| knock at midnight
17| a promise
18| lasting forever
19| night terrors

00| the beginning

949 45 131
Par aandyP

♚♔♚♔♚

A warm breeze flew through the air blowing my hair softly in the summer winds. I walked through the clearing looking at the new surrounding in awe. The unfamiliar sites brought a spark of interest in me. Many of the buildings and shops were not what my old town consisted of. Everything here seemed so prestige and fancy. A feeling of anxiousness overtook me as I wondered if I would be accepted here. Just by looking around, I could tell that it would take me a while to get used to this unknown place and even a longer time to fit in.

A couple of feet away stood a large, wide oak tree that glistened in the sunlight casting a shadow on the ground. I slowly walked through the clearing and sat under the tree with my eyes closed while listening to my surroundings.

Birds chirped, leaves rustled, dogs barked, and kids laughed all at a distance.

At that moment I felt calm, free of all the emotions that were tearing me down from the inside out. The lines on my head vanished as I let myself feel the air. No longer was I worried about my family problems or anxious about beginning college. I felt free of those overbearing weights.

Time passed by so rapidly that I had not even noticed the sun go down and the moonlight shine in the dark night sky. Quickly getting up, I ran out of the clearing and hurried to the direction of the dormitory while mentally screaming at myself. How could I have allowed that much time to pass before noticing how late it had gotten? I rush out of the clearing and onto the sidewalk to my dormitory building.

The dormitory building that I had been put in does not contain many students as it is one of the smaller ones though I did not mind it in the slightest. The best part about it is that I was able to get a room for myself which for an anti-social girl like me is a huge relief. I have always struggled to communicate with others and make friends unlike my sister. Step sister.

It was one of the reasons why she was always adored by those around her, though how could I blame them. Not only was she gorgeous but she was really intelligent. I truly did admire her but there was still resentment in my heart towards her.

She was the image of the girl I could never be.

Beside her I was nothing.

While my stepsister got a full scholarship here, I didn't. The proud look in my father's eyes was unbearable to witness as I knew it was a look that I would not receive. And I was right.

That was the day I felt lost. I felt sad.

Everywhere I went I heard only of my step sister. She was slowly overshadowing me.

My stepmother couldn't stop telling my other family members what Bree had accomplished and they were all so proud. I have always wished that I could make my family proud but I was never able to no matter how hard I tried. I would stay up to study late at night to get better grades though I still got lower grades than Bree. There were many times where I felt like giving up but I held on to my hope. Hope was the only thing that kept me going.

Life had to get better.

Right?

Life can't always just be filled with sadness.

Right?

As soon as I reach the dormitory, I apologize to the woman at the front desk knowing I was a few minutes late.

"Oh, don't worry dear. It is your first day here no need to apologize. I know how big this campus is. Why don't you go to your room now as I am sure you may have classes tomorrow. Can't go to your first class without beauty sleep." She said with an unmoving smile. I smile at her however mine did not reach my eyes.

"Thank you. Have a good night miss."

"Goodnight dear!" She says while waving her hand. 'What a happy lady' I thought. I turned and walk towards the elevator. Not even a moment later the elevator doors open and I quickly stepped in pressing the button for the third floor.

Soon, I find myself in front of the door that held my room. A room that would soon become a home for me. Getting the keys out of my pocket, I opened the door and stepped inside looking at my dull, lifeless place.

I was never the kind of girl who liked to decorate which is clearly seen by how my room was portrayed. I was certain that if a person were to step into my room, they would assume that it belonged to a male. I had no posters, paintings, or even pictures on my walls. There was actually nothing on my walls, except for the black pen marking that was ancient. Even my sheets were also very well—unladylike.

They consisted of a solid, grey color.

That's it.

Nothing more.

Not even a patterned line design.

People say the more decorations and pictures in a room, the more homey it feels. Well, I don't believe that. Even without the girly decorations or family photos, it felt homey to me. Well, as homey as it could be.

A loud buzzing ring tore me from my thoughts. It was my phone. I looked all around the room scanning to see if I could find my phone though my eyes could not catch a glimpse of it. Goodness, where did I leave it? And where is that noise coming from? I throw my hands on my head and frantically look around. About to scream in frustration, I realized that my phone was vibrating in my pocket. With a few incoherent mumbles, I quickly grab it and see that it was my father calling.

My brows furrowed looking at the phone. 'I wonder why my father is calling me.' I answer the call while putting the phone next to my ear.

"Hello." I said in a small voice.

"Hallie, I wanted to inform you that you should begin searching a job to pay for your own bills. Margret and I can not pay for both you and Bree. Bree was gracious enough to offer to find a job though I do not want her to work as I want her to be able to focus on her studies. I am sure your studies must not be as hard as you are studying to become a—a
teacher. I want you to get a job soon and to start earning. Is that clear?" My father says in a monotone voice. His hesitation made it clear of what he thought of my career choice.

My mother was a teacher and I wanted to follow in her footsteps. I want to teach young kids just as my dear mother had once done. Whether or not my father supported me, I will do what I have dreamed of because it made me incredibly happy being in the presence of children and it helped me feel closer to mom.

"Yes, father. I will get a job soon don-" I hear the phone get cut off and see that my father had disconnected the phone.

"Don't worry dad. Bye."

The relationship with my father faded away into nothing after my mother had passed away ten years ago. We became strangers to each other.

After he remarried to my step mother eight years ago, he began forming a relationship with Bree, my new step sister. He did things with her that he once did with me. The pain that excreted from my heart was unbearable seeing that he cared more about Bree than me, his own flesh and blood.

Though what hurt me the most was when he only took Bree to the father-daughter dance in grade eight and not me. It was something we had always planned to do together.

That was the day I finally realized that I hadn't only just lost my mother but my father as well. I had realized that I had lost my family.

I let out a sigh and close my eyes trying to collect my thoughts. I slowly walked to the balcony that was attached to my room, but as I was about to step foot onto the deck I catch sight of a figure in the dark staring out into the night sky. This caused me to abruptly stop.

I stare at the man with my widened eyes.

He was beautiful to say the least.

Even in the dark I can see that he was lean and tall with a beautifully sculpted face. Not to mention his golden hair that swayed in the breeze. The black suit he wore fitted him so well that it looked like it was made only for him. Even his aura gave a mysterious atmosphere that would cause a person to feel an instant attraction to him.

I couldn't stop staring as he leaned over the balcony with his arms on the railing still looking up onto the sky. I couldn't stop staring even after ten minutes had passed. I couldn't stop staring at the place where he stood even after he left.

Was he my next door neighbor?

Maybe I should introduce myself to him tomorrow.

Nope that is not a good idea. I would end up making a fool out of myself.

Maybe—

Maybe I will, just to be polite.

Actually never mind.

♚♔♚♔♚

Hope you guys liked the beginning to my first every story. Tighten your seats belts for this cringe love story cause it's gonna be a hefty ride...

Also, this is my first story so there may be errors so I apologize for that in advance. I love writing and wanting to start somewhere.

thank you for the love and support
sayonara

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

The Lucky Bump Par liv814

Roman pour Adolescents

408K 9.1K 26
{Highest Ranking: #160 in Teen Fiction & #1 in Love at First Sight} Zac Logan thought he had everything. His parents were filthy rich. He was captain...
210K 6.2K 28
Zoey Collins found herself siding with someone she just met over one of her best friends since elementary school. Asher Evans, having to choose betwe...
300K 6.4K 52
Ethan Lane was your typical player. He was smooth, handsome, manly, successful and a total chick magnet. Women loved him and men wanted to be him. He...
45 34 34
Sometimes the one you love, is just a temporary part of your life *********** New college student, 18 year old Hallie Cook was looking forward to the...