The Girl who Survived (Fred...

Por Mystic_sins

"You forget, I notice everything too" "I love you tulip" "You know you can be very sweet sometimes, and then... Más

Authors note
Ch. 1 A day at the park
Ch. 2 A Wand and a Friend
Ch 3. Last Day of Summer Holiday
Author's Note
Ch 4. And so, It Began
Ch 5. Start as Friendships
Ch 6. The other Suitor
Ch 7. A Confession
CH 8. Gift of Knowledge
CH 9. The First Truth
CH 10. Collection
CH 11. Secrets
CH 12. Rumors Hurt
CH 13. The Black Dog
CH 14. First Holiday Away
CH 15. Confrontations
Authors note
CH 16. Coming Alive
CH 17. Blinded Visions
CH 18. The Truth about Padfoot, Moony and Wormtail
CH 19. The Do Over Day
CH 20. Some Kind of Ending
CH 21. The First Time
CH 22. A Different Type of Feeling
CH. 23 The Sound of Water
CH 24. A Very Weasley Summer
CH 25. Feelings Return
CH 26. The World Cup
CH 27. Back to school
CH 28. A New Defense
CH 30. Technically the Truth
CH 31. Well Done Dragon
CH 32. Dates and Ball Gowns
CH 33. The Yule Ball PT. 1
CH 34. The Yule Ball Pt. 2
CH 35. The Black Lake
CH. 36 Visions or Dreams
CH 37. Sweater Weather
CH 38. Floating
CH 39. Biscotti and The Hogwarts March
CH. 40 Blinding
CH 41. Aftermath
CH 42 The Quiet That Follow
CH 43. Reading
CH 44. Future mornings
CH 45. Guardian
CH 46. A New Year
CH 47. Cutting Deep
CH 48. Trust
CH 49. Leftfield Conversations
CH 50. Strict
CH 51. Psychic Bonding
CH 52. Good Days Turned Banned
CH 53. Cunning
CH 54. Letters
CH 55. Occlumency
CH 56. Truths and Burns
CH 57. Awkward Memories
CH 58. A Very Giving Christmas
CH 58. Rhapsody
CH 59. The Last Party
CH 60. Patronus
CH 61. Smashing
CH 62. The First Act
CH 63. Reactions
CH 64. Family Matters
CH 65. Planning
CH 66. Unexpected
CH 67. Lilies
CH 68. The Last Minute
CH 69. A Long Road
CH 69.2 Wedding Night Short
CH 70. Leaving the Bubble
CH 71. The Secret Keeper
CH 72. The Secret Keepers Secrets
CH 73. Reaching out
CH 74. What If's
CH 75. A New Marauder
CH 76. A Reunion
CH. 77 An Invasion of Trust
CH 78. Incoming Rain
Remus Bonus Short
CH 79. Smell of Home
CH 80. Joy and Grief
CH 81. Similar Actions
CH 81. Returning
CH 83. Decisions
CH 84. Fear
CH 85. The Second Act
CH 86. Rubies on the Pitch
CH 87. Inferno
CH 88. Dumbledore's Truth
CH 89. Sectumsempra
CH 90. Plotting
CH 91. Clean
CH 92. The Astronomy Tower
CH 93. Turmoil
CH 94. A Realization
CH 95. Farewell
CH 96. Fight or Flight
CH 97. A Wedding
CH 98. An Arrangement
CH 99. Surviving
CH 100. A Blending of Realities
CH 101. Consequence for Humanity
CH 102. Heart to Heart
CH 103. Avalanche

CH 29. The Goblet Has Spoken

2.3K 55 112
Por Mystic_sins

~Elodie's POV~

The next morning, I awoke with a looming feeling. Not as bad as it was at the World Cup, but enough to be noticeable. I went to speak with Minerva after breakfast, but since I needed to discuss things further with Dumbledore as well, she told me to go to his office after the Goblet ceremony tonight.

The entire day felt like a haze as the feeling became worse and worse, like any moment the floor was going to give out beneath my feet. I avoided talking to too many people in fear that I may be in the midst of some kind of emotional crisis. I began to wonder, is this what having an anxiety attack feels like? I'd never had an issue like it before, so I wasn't sure if it's something that you can sense coming on. During my free period I sat on a bench in the courtyard, still empty due to most parts of it being damp from the rain. I simply looked around and waved my hand over to dry off any excess moisture. I pulled out my journal and began writing a letter to Sirius.

Someone's Coming...

"Is this where you come to hide?" Fred asked me as he walked over to me.

"Are you officially stalking me? I'm not hiding, just trying to get some work done. The great hall has become somewhat of a tourist attraction. If people aren't filed in there then they're in the library," I said and let out a big sigh as he took a seat next to me. "And I just need some fucking peace."

"You sound tense. Diggory not making sure your needs are met?" He said with a devilish grin on his face as he leaned forward so his elbows rested on his knees.

"Don't know how appropriate it is to talk about my needs with another male," I said sternly, but I was unable to hide the smile on my face.

"Well how else would it improve? If not taking the advice of your best mate," He asked me in return, shooting me a wink.

"Oh, I always hoped someday a man would charm me with perverse conversations of how my sexual accomplishments are lacking. Now that that's been achieved, we're not having this conversation," I told him sarcastically, putting an end to his witty remarks.

He laughed, music to my ears. "I take it you haven't talked to Diggory yet?" He asked me

"About what exactly?" I asked.

"What you said the other night, in the common room. If you two really tell each other everything, that seems like something worth talking about," He said.

"My feelings are for my own discretion, I'll sort them straight in due time," I told him.

I didn't know how to tell Cedric what I was feeling and what was going on in my head. With Cedric, things felt easy, for the most part that is. We rarely ever fought, he was as kind to me as I could ever hope for, and he wanted to make sure I was always looked after. A real knight in shining armor.

Yet, when it came to what I was feeling and thinking, Fred was effortless. Why was it easier with him? Half of the time he was joking around with George, the other half, he was enraging me beyond humanly possible.

"I'm just saying, if my girlfriend was feeling the way you described, I'd hope she'd say something," he told me.

Maybe I'd pulled him too close. Maybe I'd leaned on him too much, but this wasn't right anymore. Most of the time he at least tried to be subtle, but lately it was blatantly obvious that behind his words there was an underlying meaning. He was probably about two conversations away from actually telling me how he felt. I knew that if he did, I'd want to kiss him, and hold him, maybe even spend the night with him. Let him treat me like one of his other conquests.

Do it...

We want to...

"No," I told the hiss and my inner thoughts. And slammed my book shut.

"What?" Fred asked me, confused.

"Will you only be satisfied when you're meddling in my relationship? I confided in you, that does not mean you're allowed to throw it back in my face. I would never do that to you," I told him as guilt built up inside of me. I stood and began walking out of the courtyard.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry" He said and reached for my hand to stop me. "I'm a git. I just thought you may want to talk about it more. Okay? You seemed upset, and I just wanted to make you smile," He told me apologetically. "I'm sorry."

Don't fight it...

I looked at him for another moment and just gave him a nod. "I'll see you later," I said and walked away. I was growing really tired of these hisses not agreeing with me when I needed them to. We needed to get on the same page here.

As fate would have it, I ran into Cedric on my way to my common room. He was with some of his friends, Cho being one of them.

"Hey! I was just going to go find you," He told me and walked up to me.

"Yeah, sorry. Fred stopped me in the hall for a chat," I said and kissed him. "Just let me drop my books?" I said and he nodded. I climbed the stairs and entered into the mildly empty common room. I left my book bag in a corner by the window and returned outside. Seeing him lean on the stone walls was always a delight. He had such a beautiful face, the kind that made you just want to lick him up and down. Whoa. Easy there.

"El, have you met Stephen Cornfoot and Cho Chang? They're in your brother's year," Maggie asked me.

"No, I'm sorry, it's a pleasure," I told them with a friendly smile and shook their hands.

"Not that she needs an introduction, but this is Elodie Potter, my girlfriend," Cedric said proudly, sending chills up my spine.

All together we began walking to the great hall for the goblet ceremony. They seemed nice enough. I noticed Cho giving Justin the eye from time to time. That was confirmed when Cedric nudged me to look at them. It looked like they were flirting, which was rather cute actually. It was an improvement from last year when she was batting her eyelashes at Cedric.

"Think they'll give us a run for our money?" Cedric asked me jokingly as we entered the Great hall and he walked me over to my friends that weren't too far from where his friends had found seats. "Will we soon be replaced as Hogwarts' cutest couple?"

"Oh, I highly doubt that. I mean have you seen yourself? You're very cute," I told him as I sat at Ginny's feet who was seated on top of the table. Part of me regretted it right away since she was sandwiched between the twins.

"Is that so?" He asked with a laugh. "Then you must be absolutely radiating darling. Ginny, I trust her in your care, as always," He said and caused her to smile proudly as she put her hands on my shoulders.

"Hi Harry," Cedric said and shot me a wink before redirecting his attention to Fred and George. "Oi mates, thanks for the party last week," He said as they began exchanging pleasantries.

It sounded like it was going better than I would have given them credit for. Perhaps all they needed was to see us as an actual couple more often for them to finally settle down. Whatever it may be, it worked. Cedric went back to his friends and I gave my full attention to mine. As we waited for the ceremony to begin.

"That bloke has it bad for you Potter," George said in my ear.

"I know," I said as I looked over to where Cedric sat.

"Then be nice to him," Fred said. I kept myself composed, not wanting to give him the satisfaction.

Death approaches...

The hiss persistent as ever spoke louder than before when the teachers all filed in to begin. The hissing was getting worse and worse. Sometimes it sounded like my conscious was talking to me, others liked my inner most thoughts that I hadn't realized I was thinking yet. But then I'd get some like this, that didn't make the least bit of sense.

"My dear, report to the headmaster's office tonight. Albus would like a word right after he speaks with the selected champions," Minerva told me as she walked by. I just simply nodded at her.

"Sit down. Please," Dumbledore said as he called the great hall to attention. "Now the moment you've all been waiting for: the champion selection." He spoke with a booming voice in need of no assistance. He waved a hand to dimming all the lanterns. Letting the Goblet provide the main light in the room. I loved watching him do wandless magic, it made me feel almost normal.

He approached the Goblet, and we all watched the blue flame flash red as it shot out the first piece of parchment. Dumbledore flipped it in his hand before reading the name. "The Durmstrang champion is Viktor Krum," he announced. Everyone applauded, but his schoolmates boomed with cheers. Viktor Krum as the champion was slightly predictable.

Dumbledore motioned for him to leave the Great Hall by the Professors entrance while the Goblet burst a red flame once more. Another piece of parchment was twirled in his hands. "The champion for Beauxbatons...is Fleur Delacour." Again, we all applauded her, but instead of a booming cheer her schoolmates matched our volume. Once again, after congratulating her, Dumbledore motioned for her to make her exit.

For the last time a red flame erupted sending the name of the Hogwarts champion flipping through the air. Dumbledore caught it and read it right away. "The Hogwarts champion, Cedric Diggory!" He announced. Everyone was cheering, but I felt my heart sink into my stomach. Other Gryffindor students were patting my back, and Ginny pushed me to stand just before Cedric walked by and placed his hand around my waist to place a kiss on my jaw. I felt my hands clapping for him, but I couldn't make them stop.

Too late...

I pushed the voice back. 'No,' I told myself as I sat back down. If he was doing this, then I'd be there supporting him as much as I could. That meant setting my feelings and thoughts aside. The hisses could piss off for all I cared. There's no proof that they actually meant anything, other than me losing the last of my marbles.

"Excellent! We now have our three Champions. But in the end, only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions, this vessel of victory...the Triwizard Cup!" Dumbledore announced and the cup was revealed. It was beautiful. Everyone cheered, but that began to die down as the goblet started spewing flames once again. Then another red flame burst larger than before another piece of parchment.

Dumbledore caught it and I swear I heard him say "Potter," which sent goosebumps erupt all over my skin.

"Harry Potter? No," Hagrid questioned, my breathing stopped as I reached over next to me and placed my hand on his arm defensively.

"Harry Potter!" Dumbledore shouted. Harry sank in his seat, but before he could go unnoticed Hermione pulled my hand off of him and pushed him forward. My heart broke as I watched my brother walk through the great hall as people angrily shouted at him.

He's not ready...

"He didn't do it," I whispered to myself, to the hiss. I felt a hand on my back but didn't turn to see who it was. I watched as Minerva put a hand on Harry's shoulder and a saddened look covered her face before she looked over at me.

As everyone started filing out of the great hall, I pushed passed the crowd to go through the same door as Harry.

"El, don't..." I heard behind me but didn't turn to see who it was. I gave Minerva a look as I went through the door to catch up with Harry.

"Hey!" I called Harry.

"Bloody...what are you doing here?" He asked, shocked by my presence.

"Are you kidding? Danger follows the Potter name like the sun chases shadows. I don't think you'd be stupid enough to seek it out. Besides, I couldn't let you face the wolves by yourself," I said as we entered the trophy room. I caught sight of the three champions looking confused by our entrance.

"Elodie? What's going on?" Cedric asked me, genuinely confused by my presence.

We heard a loud commotion approaching from behind us and Dumbledore was leading the herd heading straight for Harry. "Quiet I can't think!" Dumbledore yelled at the other Professors and Headmasters.

"Harry!" Dumbledore said as he pulled Harry away from me grabbing him by his shoulders. Minerva moved over to me and placed an arm in front of me to prevent me from doing anything stupid.

"Did you put your name in the Goblet of Fire?" Dumbledore asked fiercely.

"No sir!" Harry answered, frightened out of his mind.

"Did you ask one of the older students to do it for you?" Dumbledore pressed.

"No sir!" Harry answered again.

"You're absolutely sure?" Dumbledore asked, waving a firm finger in Harry's face.

"Yes! Yes, sir" Harry answered.

"But of course, he is lying!" Madam Maxime accused.

"The hell he is!" Moody said, taking Harry's side. "The Goblet of Fire is an exceptionally powerful magical object. Only an exceptionally powerful Confundus Charm could have hoodwinked it. Magic beyond the talents of a Fourth Year."

"You seem to have given this a fair bit of thought, Madeye," Igor Karkaroff said, challenging Moody.

"It was once my job to think as dark wizards do Karkaroff. Perhaps you remember," Moody said.

"Then Zit was his sister!" Madam Maxime said with a thick French accent, pointing an accusing finger at me.

"Nonsense! She is not of age yet, and would do no such thing," Minerva defended.

"This isn't helping!" Dumbledore said, trying to silence everyone. "I leave this to you Barty."

"The rules are absolute. The Goblet of Fire constitutes a binding magical contract. Mr. Potter has no choice. He is, as of tonight, a Triwizard champion," Mr. Crouch said and everyone turned to look at Harry, who I'd managed to stand in front of. It was bad enough that I was worried about Cedric competing, but now my little brother?

Minerva moved over to me like she was ready to take on the herd by herself. "Go to your room, the both of you," She said.

"No, no," I pleaded with her shaking my head. Refusing to accept that this was all happening.

"Go, I'll find the two of you later," she said a bit more urgently. "I'll be okay, I promise," She whispered to me.

I trusted her. I didn't dare look anyone else in the eye. I grabbed Harry by the elbow and pulled him back up to the great hall without saying another word. I trusted Minerva would do what she could, but since it was a ministry event, Mr. Crouch and Dumbledore would have the final say. I felt like I was going to throw up.

We reached the outside of the common room and I turned to Harry and said, "Go straight up to your bed, don't stop to talk to anyone else, okay?"

"Do you think she can do anything?" He asked me.

I thought about it more, but I knew telling him what he wanted to hear could possibly give him false hope. "Just do what I said, okay?" I told him.

"Okay," he whispered as we walked in.

"Harry?" I called him one last time. He looked me in the eye, and I pulled him into a hug. "I love you," I said.

"I love you too. Let me know when she's here," he told me and went up towards his dorm.

***

I changed into my pajamas and returned to the common room, unable to get any sleep. The girls didn't question me much. They knew Harry, and they knew that he wouldn't do what he was being accused of doing. I sat by the fire with a glass of water, running my finger over the rim creating a constant song. It was after 11 o'clock, but not quite midnight yet when the door opened, and Minerva approached.

"Is he asleep?" She asked after spotting me.

"He is in bed. I don't know how much sleep he'll be able to get," I told her not meeting her eyes.

"We need to discuss this, the three of us," She told me timidly as she watched my finger trace the rim of the glass.

"Did you set them straight? Tell them he will not be competing?" I asked her, allowing the anger in my voice to be heard.

​She grabbed my hand and put an end to the song and looked at me with regretful eyes. "It has been decided..." She trailed off, not able to say it.

​ "No," I said and snatched my hand away, putting as much space between us as I could. "No, no! You promised me! You're supposed to take care of him! Not this!" I said to her. I Felt the same shift of anger take over, like if the only emotion I knew was rage. Not only had my eyes changed, but I heard creaks, but I didn't give attention to see if it was the main door or the stairs.

​ "Young lady, you will lower your voice. Now, I have done all that I can, but this, this is beyond me," She said trying to reason with me.

"So that's just it? You're going to leave him to fend for himself? When did you start breaking your promises to me, Minerva?" I asked her.

"Apparently when you started keeping secrets from me," She said. She stood from where she was sitting and lifted my chin so she could see straight into my eyes. Her touch sent the feeling of a blip up my chin and washed over my entire body. "How long has this been going on?" she questioned me.

She wants us gone...

She sent us away....

"I don't remember," I said and pulled away, calmed. "They all feel the same at first," I told her.

She looked around the room for a moment before leaning in closer to me, "Well, we'll discuss that in the morning, in Dumbledore's office. As for this, you need to know that I have done and said all that I could for him...for you. The decision is final." She looked at me, but she looked at me in a way only she could. Not motherly, but as someone who was speaking for a child, who had no one to speak for them. All I could do was nod.

"For now, get to bed," She told me. She looked away from me and over to the stairs and the banister that led to the dorms. "All of you, to your beds," She said.

I looked up to see a few people had come out of their beds to see what was going on. I looked back to Minerva, nodded, and made my way to my room. In my bed I found that I had been greeted by a nightmare beyond my wildest dreams. One that I hoped with every fiber of my being, would only be a nightmare, and not a cruel vision.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

114K 2.7K 90
"Whatever memories and moments define who you are or who you want to be, this one was among his." _ The second Sarah McCauley stepped over the thresh...
94.4K 2.9K 35
Y/N starts her 5th year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry as the new Prefect girl. But she's not using her prefect abilities for what the...
10.4K 315 21
Book Three ---------------- Power Prophecy Series ---------------- Rose's life has been turned upside down. Whatever had happened to her and Harry in...
1.3M 38.4K 96
When Alice transfers from Beauxbatons to Hogwarts, everything changes, she leaves many things behind. Or at least she thinks she does. But then she m...