Falling

Av jennanidz

FREE STORY WITH PAID BONUS CONTENT Dante Brown has met many challenges in his life, all of them crumbled ben... Mer

Intro
Prologue
1 | TaTa
2 | Wrong Door
3 | A Deal
4 | A Piece of White Paper
5 | Butter Croissant
6 | Playing With Fire
7 | Program
8| Skyscraper
9 | Bathroom Visit
10 | Rum and Coke
11 | Dante
12 | Memorable
13 | Dance Partner
13 | Alternate Ending Story Branch
14 | Printer
14 | Printer (Dante's POV)
15 | Hot
16 | Slipping Composure
17 | Tate
18 | Dinner Date (part one)
18 | Dinner Date (part one) (Dante's POV)
19 | Dinner Date (part two)
19 | Dinner Date (part two) (Dante's POV)
20 | Desire
21 | The Past
22 | Option One
23 | Penthouse
24 | Draw The Line
25 | Little Women
26 | Zac
28 | Spend The Night
29 | Commando
30 | Mari
31 | Talk
32 | Honesty
33 | You Feel That?
34 | Coffee Ice Cream
35 | Miss Me?
36 | Falling
37 | Family
38 | Number 7
39 | Guilty
39 | Guilty (Dante's POV)
40 | Me Too
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
Bonus Chapter (18+)
Falling Sequel
Baby Fever | Exclusive Chapter

27 | I'd Like That Too

262K 8.6K 8.5K
Av jennanidz

It's been about an hour since I've seen Dante. After his... confession, I scooted away to find Tatum. So far the party has been quite fun. Zac introduced us to his boyfriend Dylan and they seemed like the perfect pair.

"Want to grab us another drink?" Tatum asks from beside me. We had settled down at our table to eat and had just finished. "Sure," I said while standing up to grab more drinks for us. The bar wasn't nearly as packed as it would be at a club so it was easy enough to get the attention of the bartender.

"Hi, can I get refills for table 7," I asked while smiling. The woman shook her head yes and got to work.

"So, what's going on between you and Dante?'' A voice came from beside me. I shot my head to the side bringing my eyes up to meet Zac's. Shaking my head I muttered out "nothing."

He gave me a knowing look and narrowed his eyes.

"You are the worst liar Amelia, I've known you all of what? An hour? And I can already tell you're lying." He smiled at me and watched as my face grew red.

"Shouldn't you be entertaining your guests? Isn't this your birthday party," I said moving my eyes to the bartender as she finished up making the drinks.

"I am entertaining them, right now, as I grill you for the juicy details on mr tall mysterious and handsome." He wiggled his eyebrows and reached for the drinks that the bartender laid out, helping me carry them back to the table. "You're worse than Tatum I think," I shook my head and led the way to the table.

Setting the drinks down I noticed another chair had been pulled up to our table. It had Dante's jacket on it so I could only assume he was now sitting here. Great.

"Amelia, tell Rodney about that Tate guy. Isn't he weird? I got serious creepy vibes from him." She scowled in disgust and then reached for her cocktail that I had just placed on the table. I ran my eyes over Rodney and watched as his face hardened.

"Yea he was weird," I said quietly watching as he turned to the person behind me. Zac had sat my drink down and then proceeded to go find Dylan. "What do you mean weird? Tate who? What was his last name?" Rodney questioned further. I turned my head in time to Dante walk up and settle in the seat next to me where his jacket lay.

"I don't remember but he seemed like he knew you Dante," she said taking a sip of her drink giving Dante a cold stare. I settled into my chair, taking a sip of my own drink. I did not like where this conversation was going and I just wanted to have one night of drama free fun.

"It doesn't matter, we can just forget about it okay?" I pushed and looked at Tatum pleadingly. She shook her head and moved her eyes back to Rodney, starting a conversation. Now that the attention was off Tatum, I was left hyper aware of the person sitting to my right and my skin heated.

"The journalist agreed to meet Monday to talk about the article. Apparently she doesn't see the big deal but said she'd be willing to talk," Dante said in a hushed voice leaning closer to my side so I could hear.

Turning to him I met his green eyes. He had a bit of a 5 o'clock shadow going on but was still so handsome. My heart skipped a beat at how close we were and I tried not to think about his lips on mine but it was hard not to. I cleared my throat.

"Okay, what time?" I asked, bringing my glass to my lips and watching as his eyes followed my movements. My skin grew goosebumps.

"After the program, at 5:30. You'll already be in my building so I asked her to meet there." He said. I watched as he brought his hand up to my face and I looked at him confused. His fingers ran along my cheekbone, pushing the fallen hair aside. His eyes had grown darker and my heart had started to beat faster.

"Okay," I said in a whisper all while keeping my eyes locked with his.

It was getting harder to deny whatever this was going on between us. My heart raced when he was near, and my mind was an open revolving door of thoughts about him. I wanted so badly for whatever this was to disappear. But I was an adult, I could admit when there was attraction and when there was a spark.

And oh my god are there sparks. Every time his fingers touch my skin electricity fills my veins and every nerve ending came alive. My body was all for whatever this was, but my morals held resentment. There was still so much I didn't know about the man next to me, and so much I had yet to talk about.

"Would you like to come home with me Amelia." He asked, eyes holding my body in a frozen like state. What did he just say?

"What," I said breathlessly, setting my drink down. Now my heart was racing as fast as a horse in the Kentucky Derby on the final stretch.

"I said, would you -"

"No I know what you said. But why would you say that." I interrupted him, looking over to make sure Tatum or Rodney weren't listening in only to notice they were both gone.

"Because I'd like to take you home Amelia, and I think you'd like that too." He said, eyes darkening and jaw clenching.

"This is ridiculous, I have to go find Tatum," I said quickly and stood up grabbing my light coat and bag. Before I could get farther than the table, Dantes large hand was around my arm and he was pulling me to the coat hallway.

"Let me go Dante, don't drag me like an animal," I spit pulling my arm from his grasp aggressively. He let go, but not before pushing his body on mine forcing us against the wall behind all the expensive coats. My eyes widened and I looked up to him. "What are you doing! This is Zac's party, don't do this here."

"DO what Amelia? Kiss the woman who has clouded my mind for weeks now. Get her to accept an attraction so irresistible between the two of us?" He spit out, eyes angry and face inches from my own.

His words went straight to my heart and my heart plummeted. There was no escaping it this time. No running away. I couldn't.

His eyes cast down to my lips and before any ounce of doubt could cloud my mind, not that there would be, his lips crashed to my own. Lost in thought, I gasped at the impact of his harsh yet heated movements. He dove his tongue deep into my mouth. His strong arms found my back and my hands found his hair, both moving feverishly as our mouths danced in a rhythmic battle.

He brought one hand up my side and stopped when he met my cheeks. Squeezing, his mouth continued its dance with my own and without thinking I slowly brought my attention to his bottom lip, biting it gently. He let out a muffled moan, mouth still on my own and pushed his body even closer to my own.

Disconnecting his lips from mine I opened my eyes meeting his almost all black ones across from me. His face was filled with lust and he was breathing heavy like I was.

"Come back to mine, please." He said, his eyes slightly closed due to the lust coating them. HIs arms stay locked around me waiting for my answer.

"Okay," I said breathlessly. Still recovering from the brutal kiss. I want this. Whatever this is, this one night. I want it, and he does too.

Stepping away from me he fixed himself, shifting his belt to move his pants around and I smirked remembering the bathroom at the restaurant.

"I'll go tell Rodney and Tatum that you wanted to leave so I offered to drive you home," he said quickly bringing his eyes back to mine. "You should go fix your blouse and hair before we leave," smirking he turned and went for the table we were just sat at. Shaking my head I looked for the bathroom finding it quickly. I brushed through my messed up hair and wiped any running makeup.

Fixing my blouse and double checking I looked semi-unflustered. I left the bathroom.

I found Dante there with his coat in his hands and my own along with my purse as well. I must've dropped it when he pushed us up against the wall. Blushing I reached for my coat but before I could he held it open for me so I smiled turning around and threading my arms through each arm hole.

"Thanks," I said quickly and zipped up the coat. Turning back around he handed me my purse and then zipped his own coat up.

"Tatum said for you to call her in the morning and that if I tried anything she'd go all serial killer on me." He amused and brought his arm to my back, guiding us to the exit. "She's just looking out for me." I said shaking my head and keeping my eyes cast to where I was walking, wanting to avoid any awkward stares.

As we made it to the exit, I noticed Zac sat talking to Dylan at the table right by the door. His knowing eyes met mine and he smirked at the arm around my back. Wiggling his eyebrows and making an inappropriate gesture with his hands and mouth my eyes widened and I quickened my pace. I heard his rumble of laughter as we made our way out.

"I parked around the corner." Dante said, steering me to the direction of his car. We made it around the corner to his expensive sports car, my body grew goosebumps at the memory of what had happened in this car nights before. He unlocked the car and let me in.

"Thank you," I said quickly and buckled my seat belt as he closed my door making his way to the drivers side.

The drive was long and tension filled, my heart pounding in anticipation of what was to come. We didn't speak, but I saw his fists tighten along the steering wheel every time I shifted in my seat. Before I knew it we pulled into the private garage of the apartment complex and were heading to the elevators to reach the penthouse.

Still not saying a word we made it to his apartment and he took out his keys. Opening the door I stepped inside, not getting very far though.

Before I knew it I was pushed up against the back of the now closed front door and Dante's lips were on my own. The tension soaring I immediately responded, dropping my bag and reaching for his body.

He detached his warm lips and looked me in the eye.

"I've taken an embarrassing amount of cold showers Amelia, and all because of you." He breathed, lowering his lips to my ear and running his hands along my backside cupping my but.

"I'd like if we could finally finish what we've started." He said and my heart rate spiked. We were both breathing heavy, his mouth slightly biting my ear after finishing his sentence.

"I think I'd like that too." I said quickly and brought his face to mine, smashing my lips to his.

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

147K 3.8K 24
On the surface, Aiden had it all. Wealth, good looks, and intelligence. But beneath the veneer of masculine perfection lay a broken man. A man obsess...
2.9M 74.8K 40
Hailey is hired by her ruthless, cold, and Sexy boss who is also wealthy Mr. Valerian. He is used to getting his way with girls, any girl. But Hailey...
700K 29.7K 36
Isabella was not interested in falling in love. Marco was not looking for a relationship. The perfect combination for a foolproof agreement. Right? ...
279 46 14
He smirks, "You've finally cracked." I furrow my eyebrows, "You were baiting me? Jerk, just turn off your music!" "Or what?" He asks teasingly. "Or...