The Returned Mate (BWWM) |TO...

By NiyWrites

*book two* It's been two years since Melodi left Caleb after finding out his father killed her best friend. ... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Finally

Chapter eight

2K 93 9
By NiyWrites

Melodi opened her eyes to meet the window that showed the sunrise. She sat up and stretched-wait.

Melodi looked to get right.

Where's Ethan?

She got out of bed and did her daily routine, but, she felt, off.

She changed into a blue sports bra and a grey muscle shirt, her black spandex shorts and Nike shoes as she walked out of her room.

Her ponytail was finally finished as she saw Paris on the couch in one of the living rooms near the kitchen.

She smiled as she ran silently, jumping onto the table and flipping onto the couch upside down.

She smiled at Paris. "Hi." He slowly looked down to her. "Why are you up this early?" Melodi pulled herself up and sighed.

"I always train with Ethan at this time, but he wasn't in his room when I woke up, and usually he wakes me."

Paris rolls his eyes. "Maybe he's had enough of you and has decided to leave." I stared at Paris....then, I laughed.

"Ahhhhh, Paris, you did miss me." She hugged him and he tensed. "Come one Paris, I promise not to tell a soul." Melodi whispered. After a long moment of silence, he hugged her back.

"I guess I did miss making fun of you." Melodi smiled and laughed silently as they moved away. Paris smiled at her. "You are a disease Melodi Richarson."

Melodi smiled. "I am also incurable." She told him as they walked to the kitchen.

They stop at the sound of laughter from the back yard. Everyone was currently in the kitchen, watching something outside.

"What's going on?" Melodi asked. Eyes jumped from the window to her. "Umm, nothing." Ci-l said. She watched everyone as they made up excuses.

She decided to look at Caleb, who's eyes has never left the window. "Caleb?" She whispered. He tensed at the mention of his name, but didn't say a word.

She walked to the door and walked out as another gurgle of laughter rolled into the house.

'Well, good news' Oasis said. 'We found Ethan.'

But the bad news was......he was moments from kissing her best friend. Melodi took a slight step back, making the poor girl step on a twig.

Ethan looked up and saw her. His heart dropped as he let go of Zaria. "M." Zaria looked over to Melodi. "Hey! So Ethan told me that you two train together, I wanted to learn some moves as well."

But Melodi didn't hear her.

"When I take my revenge, you might want to keep an eyes on him, he just might slip from your fingers."

She shook herself and gave them both a small smile. "That's great, Ethan can teach for the rest of this week, I have been feeling a little....under the weather you know?"

Zaria smiled and nodded. "I understand completely." Zaria then turned to Ethan, who was trying to mind-link Melodi.

But she had a wall up and blocked him. As she walked inside, her eyes started to burn. Caleb stood up and walked towards her.

"Come on Mel." He said softly. She looked up into his eyes.

His eyes use to be a soft green, with brown in them.

Now, they were a rare shade of green, with brown and blue specks.

She didn't have the strength to fight, so she nodded her head and let Caleb take her upper arm. "We will be out for a few minutes, Jace, your in charge."

As they walked to the door, Paris whispered in her ear, "Maybe your disease is curable."

(That time be fly'n)

Melodi walked outside and followed Caleb to a black Porsche. "This is yours?" She said softly. He nodded. "I have been doing more than just making sure that my pack is save and protected."

He didn't elaborate, and she didn't push him. As they started to drive. Melodi was silent.

Then, they started to talk, like they use to, back before the argument, the confession. Melodi would say something, Caleb would give her a sarcastic response, and at the end of every conversation, they would laugh.

Just like old times.

And as they reached the destination, the silence creeped back on them. Caleb parked the car in the back of the building. "The warehouse?" Melodi whispered. Caleb nodded.

They got out and walked towards it. "I remodeled it after buying it." Melodi looked over to Caleb. "You bought it?" He nodded and walked on.

"And no one else helped you?" Melodi asked. He shook his head.

"Just me."

As they walked in, Melodi took in the ring, the punching bag, and the space all of it took up.

"Wow." She whispered as she room it all in. Caleb took her in. How the lighting made her look.......unreal. As if she wasn't really here, standing in front of him.

As if she was a dream.

Caleb took off his sweat jacket and walked up to the punching bag. "Caleb, what are we here?" He looked over to her. This was the only moment he had with her.

"I am going to teach you how to fight." Melodi rolled her eyes, and Caleb suddenly wanted to kiss her, taste her lips, just one last time.

"I already know how to do that." Cale laughed. "Not species fighting, human fighting." Melodi's eyes sparkled as she smiled.

"Stop lying to me Caleb."

Caleb positioned himself in front of the punching bag. "I really brought you out here to get your feelings out, all of it." He thought of the moment her hurt her. Monster. He punched the bag as hard as he could.

He felt her eyes as he punched again. "Caleb." He stopped. "How do you feel?" He laughed. "Like a new man." His eyes wondered over to her.

"How do you think I feel?"

She tilted her head and squinted her eyes, proof that she missed her glasses. "Broken, angry........hurt." Caleb laughed again.

He turned back to the punching bag. "Wow Melodi, your actually wrong this time, I visited my mom, I have my pack, I have never been happier."

"Yes you have."

He turned sharply and looked at her. "When Mel? Tell me when I have been happier?" She kept a blank face. "When you were with me."

And just like that.

That mask fell.

That confidence disappeared.

That strength went away leaving him standing there.

Vulnerable.

"Mel, I regretted the day that I hurt you, I always have and I always will, and your right Mel, I am a monster."

Melodi say nothing.

Caleb looked into her eyes and sighed. "You do see why I did all this?" Melodi looked around to his gesture.

"I had to get my mind off of you, I had to get that day out of my head, that day I lost kite than my sanity.....I lost you, the only think that could control me

"Mel, I have been hating myself every single day, and that's what I took care of my pack, I had to care for something Mel

"Because the love you filled me with had to go somewhere."

Caleb looked to the punching bag. "And I know thy you can't forgive me, but that's okay, because I don't think I forgive myself either."

They were silent, the only noise was the birds that were chirping outside, reminding the two that they were still here. In this warehouse.

"Caleb, how do you do it?" Melodi questioned softly. He gave her a side glance. "Do what?" Melodi looked down.

"How can you keep a smile on your face for the girl you hurt? How could you carry this baggage for two years and still manage to take care of over nine-thousand people? How could you do all of this for the girl you knew was hating you somewhere else? How could you visit your mothers grave after I told you she would have taken you for a monster?"

Caleb looked at her. "Because I know that deep down that you would have wanted me to keep going, not to just disappear from the world."

Melodi looked down to her hands. "I don't know if I can forget what happened and forgive you..."

Melodi looked into his eyes. "But I would like to try." She stepped in front of the punching bag as Caleb moved away.

"Okay." Caleb cleared his throat. "lets begin."

(Why does time keep flying?)

It was six o'clock when the two left the warehouse. The silence was defining them, telling them all they needed to know.

As they got out of the car, Ethan pulled Melodi into a hug. "I am sorry, it really wasn't what it looked like." Melodi heard Caleb's words in her ear and she hugged Ethan back.

"I know." She looked at the rest of the group. "I am pretty sleepy, I can eat tomorrow." They all nodded and said goodnight.

Ethan and Melodi held hands as they walked to Melodi's room. As they reached it, Ethan locked the door and gave her his hand.

"Now it's for you to see what really happened." Melodi took it and was hit with Ethan's memories.

Ethan was showing Zaria how to do a roundhouse kick. She stumbled.

Ethan caught her and Zaria looked into his eyes.

'You should fall for me' Ethan froze.

'I am way more advanced then Mel.'

Melodi shook her head and let go of Ethan's hand. She walked to the dresser and got some pajamas.

"She mind-linked me M." She turned and took in how close they were. "I think we need to go back home M, I feel like she is more than bad news."

Melodi looked into his eyes. "I am not running, this is just for the summer E." Ethan put his forehead on hers. "Than we get the dream house?"

Melodi smiled softly an whispered "Yes, the the dream house."

Little did the two know, their dreams were about to be cut short

Personal,

And public.

😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫

So.....Wattpad deleted the rest of my story an I had to redo it, I am really sorry and I hope you still like this one though.

Kisses,
Oxoxoxoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

499K 13.2K 31
When Aprils pack was attacked unexpectedly she is separated from her father, the alpha. Since she is only 5 she couldn't fight against these wolves...
Save Me By jlm

Werewolf

411K 15.8K 94
BEING EDITED. |Book One| For the past 3 years, she's been living a normal human life. Although she wasn't particularly happy, she preferred it more...
639K 14.9K 24
After Lexi's parents die, she's a loner. Her brother isn't there for her like he should be, she has no friends, no one even notices her. Until her fu...
86.6K 4.4K 38
This is Book #3 of the series for 'When The Alpha Met His Luna'......It's better to read the first one and the 2nd book, 'The Alpha And His Queen' be...