✓ | 𝐎𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐀 𝐁𝐋𝐔𝐄...

By -lunatichale

ONCE IN A BLUE MOON | "ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ ʟᴏᴜᴅᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ꜱᴀʀᴄᴀꜱᴛɪᴄ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴍᴇ. ɪ'ᴍ ᴏɴᴄᴇ ɪɴ ᴀ ʙʟᴜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ... More

𝐎𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐀 𝐁𝐋𝐔𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐍
━ 𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐇
━ 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
━ 𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄
1. Definition Of Insane
2. Howdy, Cowboy
3. Death Feels
4. Alice's Vision
5. Gold With Amber Highlights
6. The Classic Soulmate Bond
━ 𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄
7. Reminiscence
8. As Sweet As Churros With Melted Chocolate
9. Pompoms and Itsy Bitsy Skirts
10. Gossip City
11. A Cheerleader's Misdirection
12. The Gay Former Cheerleader
13. Forever Damaged
14. Be Aggressive
15. The Cat Is Out Of The Bag
━ 𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎
━ 𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄
16. Missing Person
17. As Red As Fire
18. Modern She-Devil
19. Voice Of An Angel
20. In The Fur
21. Werewolves' Den
22. Right Hook
24. You Lose, Major
25. The Art Of Sarcasm
26. Raging Storm
27. Gold, Black, And Crimson
━ 𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
28. A Really Aggressive Butterfly
29. Till The Moon Is Upside Down
30. Grace, Lace, and Someone Smacked In The Face
31. Bizarre Love Triangle
32. Is The Moon Upside Down Already?
33. Valerie Sutherland
34. A Sack Of Flesh And Bones
35. Vampire Quarantine
36. Wild Things
37. Hear Me Roar
━ 𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑
38. Dysfunctional Family
39. Happy Birthday To Me
40. Unbelievably Kinky
41. Mr. & Mrs. Hale
42. Blood-stained Wedding Dress
43. After Party
44. Take Me To Paradise
45. Honeymoon Crasher
━ 𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄
46. I'll Scream At You Louder
47. The Immortal Children
48. What's Worth Dying For, If Not Love?
49. Most Precious Trophy
50. Stormy Weather
51. A Little Bonfire And A Voice That Makes Everything Brighter
52. The Redcoats Are Coming
53. The Complete Equation
54. Jesse And Serena
━ 𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
━ 𝟏𝟎𝟎𝐊 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐋

23. Her Courage Was Her Crown

22.2K 806 797
By -lunatichale

╒══════╡°•✦•°╞══════╕

ONCE IN A BLUE MOON
𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓬𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓪𝓰𝓮 𝔀𝓪𝓼 𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓬𝓻𝓸𝔀𝓷

╘══════╡°•✧•°╞══════╛

FOR OVER A MONTH THAT LUNA has been a student in Forks High, or Forks in general, dare she say, it changed her life forever. It was an experience that never did she think was possible. An experience that never did she think that would make her the most alive. If only she knew this was what's waiting for her in Forks, then she shouldn't have moved with her mom.

Maybe her life would be different. There's a possibility that she wouldn't be scary, that she wouldn't be sarcastic...maybe she wouldn't have been raped, or fooled, or miscarried. There were a lot of possibilities if that one little decision about her staying with her dad was made.

But she did move. She became threatening, she became outrageously sarcastic, she had been raped, fooled, and had miscarried.

As much as most of those things upset her extensively, it brought her to Jasper. And that was the only bright side that she has in the trauma-filled, vast darkness.

"When we were five, they asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up..." Jessica said through the microphone as she recited her valedictorian speech. "Our answers were things like astronaut, president, or in my case, a princess."

A series of subtle chuckles echoed through the room as the students were entertained by Jessica's speech.

"When we were ten, they asked again. We answered, rockstar, cowboy, or in my case, a gold medalist."

The raven-haired girl turned to her soulmate as the word 'cowboy' was spoken by Jessica, causing smiles to spread on their lips.

"But now that we've grown up, they want a serious answer. Well, how 'bout this... Who the hell knows?"

Everyone cheered at Jessica's statement. It was the most real statement everyone has ever heard. In fact, the whole speech was so real, it made each and every student graduating in that very hall relate to it.

It even placed a wide smile on Luna's face.

"This isn't the time to make hard and fast decisions. This is the time to make mistakes. Take the wrong train and get stuck somewhere. Fall in love...a lot. Major in Philosophy because there's no way to make a career out of that."

Once again, the crowd chuckled at the speech, cheering for their valedictorian.

"Change your mind and change it again, because nothing's permanent. So, make as many mistakes as you can. That way someday when they ask us what we wanna be, we won't have to guess...We'll know."

Jessica's speech ended and she earned loud claps and cheers from her fellow classmates, putting a proud and humble smile on her lips.

The graduation ceremony proceeded as planned. The walk on the stage and the giving of diplomas were currently making the students' parents delighted for their children.

The Cullens took their diplomas like they usually do in the past graduation ceremonies that they had. Esme and Carlisle, even if their adoptive children have done this plenty of times, the same wide and bright smiles were plastered across their faces, as if it was their first.

Jacqueline Morrison walked on the stage with a rather sad smile on her face. As expected, her mother didn't show up for her graduation. She never did every time Jackie tells her about something that parents are supposed to go to. This was her high school graduation. It was like an end of an era. But she didn't care.

Though that sad smile was turned into a warm and bright one when her brown eyes caught sight of the pixie-haired girl jumping up and down in the crowd as she clapped, a wide smile on her face.

She didn't need her mom. She has Alice. And that's more than she could ever ask for.

When the name Isabella Swan was called, the very proud Charlie Swan stood up among the crowd and clapped as loud as he can, his face looking he's about to shed a tear or two. Bella glanced at her father and smiled at him before walking off the stage.

When Selene Swan blared through the speakers, not only Charlie, but also Jasper stood up with a smile on his face, doing the same thing Charlie was doing, clapping for the achievement the raven-haired girl had gotten.

Luna looked away from the crowd and back to the dean holding out the diploma for her to accept. But unlike the usual way it's supposed to go, Luna simply stared at her rolled-up diploma.

Her thoughts were flooded with things that she didn't think about planning to do until now.

She walked past the dean without accepting her diploma and went straight to the mic stand, earning many murmurs of confusion from the people in the hall.

Edward heard Luna's thoughts loud and clear. His eyes widened and a mix of panic and worry surged through his cold body making him shot up from his seat.

Luna looked straight into his stern gold eyes, a thought flashing in her mind.

Sit down. Luna thought, knowing that Edward would get it.

Edward only clenched his jaw and turned his stare more intense.

I'm fine, seriously. Stop being such an overprotective brother and sit down, Eddie boy. She thought.

The bronze-haired vampire stared at the girl for a few more seconds before he sighed in defeat and sat back down.

Charlie furrowed his eyebrows at his daughter, glancing around to check if anyone had any idea what the girl was planning to do. But they all wore the same confused expressions on their faces. Even the professors.

Valerie narrowed her eyes at Luna, her arms crossed against her chest as she anticipated what was going to happen.

"I have something to say..." Luna said through the microphone, causing her voice to echo through the large speakers.

The sudden action of the young woman made one of the professors approach her, trying to address what was happening.

"Ms. Swan, students are not required to give a speech. Most people just take their diplomas and go." Said politely by the professor.

Using an old tactic of hers, Luna simply turned to the teacher and glared at him, looking like her eyes were piercing through his soul.

To the professor, it looked like her gaze had lasers in them and it was burning through him. He simply gulped before stepping away from the girl, making sure to maintain a safe distance.

Her head turned back to the crowd, bafflement coating their exteriors as they watched the girl stand before the mic.

She caught Jasper's gaze, his eyebrows were furrowed as he looked at his soulmate.

"What are you doing?" He asked in a whisper, knowing that she'll hear him.

She simply gulped, not bothering to answer her lover as she gripped the edge of the podium with both her hands. She released an audible sigh, audible because of the mic a couple of inches from her lips.

"I've only been here in Forks for only almost two months. Things haven't been exactly easy for me these past weeks. But of course, none of you know that because you guys are scared of me enough to not bother to know about it." She started.

They all listened. The hall was silent as Luna's voice echoed through the speakers, but they all still held confused expressions. But those baffled expressions were wiped off their faces when the next few words came out of her mouth.

"I was raped." She announced.

A series of gasps flooded the room and the shocked looks took over everyone's expressions, everyone's.

Jasper has his eyes widened at his soulmate, his heartbeat speeding as it mirrored Luna's. All he wanted to do at that moment was wrap his arms around her and shield her from the world. Not only was he feeling Luna's emotions, but he could also feel everyone else's.

Luna considered whispering out to Jasper to help her get through this, to manipulate her emotions so she'll have the courage to continue her speech. But that's not exactly courage, is it?

Charlie watched his daughter, worried that anytime she'd just break down or something. He was ready to run to the stage, he was just waiting for a sign that Luna wants him to.

But that sign never came. Instead, she mustered what courage she has at the moment and continued the speech with her hands trembling.

"I was the girl from Arizona that got raped by her ex-boyfriend, which was planned by her ex-best friend. And the reason I'm telling you guys this despite it being so difficult, is because I can't stand the thought of graduating in this school knowing that the students here thought it's okay to make fun of or romanticize a rapist or rape culture in general. Nothing about it is funny or exciting. Seriously, are you guys that incredibly naive?" Luna said her voice always on the verge of cracking.

Jasper swallowed hard, watching Luna intently as he planned to make his way over to her as soon as she finished her speech.

"It's absolutely depressing. Almost tried to commit suicide that one time, two days after it happened." Luna said, earning a more worried look from Charlie. "But I'm still standing, aren't I? Because I pushed through it. It wasn't exactly a smooth process, it was actually far from that. I was a mess, and I still am. But I was surrounded by the most remarkable people I've ever met. Usually, I won't admit that, but what the hell?" Luna said, earning smiles from the audience, including the Cullens, Bella, Charlie, and Jackie.

"To conclude this rather unexpected speech of mine, I want everyone to know that sexual assault can happen to anyone. There's no specific age, gender, or race. Rapists will rape whoever they want. So, to all of you there who still want to romanticize rape, I wish you a lifetime of misery in all the lives that you'll be living. And after that, may you rot in hell with the assailants you so glorify. I'm Luna Swan, thank you for listening." She finished.

Luna knew that the audience was clapping and cheering for the girl, supporting her on her healing process. She can see that, but for some reason, she can't hear them. Only a high-pitched ringing was resonating in her ears. Her eyes were starting to blur as tears gathered in them.

She thought she was gonna pass out, but soon enough, a pair of strong arms pulled her into something hard and cold. Something that was supposed to be uncomfortable but was surprisingly soothing.

It only took Luna a few seconds to recognize that she was being held by Jasper.

"You have no idea how proud I am of you, Selene." He said. "Now, let it all out. It's okay."

Luna wraps her arm around Jasper and buried her face onto his shoulder to finally break down in his embrace. His yellow graduation gown dampening from her tears but he couldn't care less.

Valerie smiled at the sight. Despite her crush for Jasper, she admitted to herself that the two really make a great couple. They support each other in their highest and lowest, always there when things are great and messy, and they love each other unconditionally. Something that Valerie wants for herself.

Soon, Luna finally got her diploma with a big congratulations from the dean. She walked off the stage and Jasper, Bella, and Charlie are waiting for her at the side.

Luna threw herself into a group hug with Bella and Charlie as Jasper watched the family.

When the ceremony came to an end, several students came to Luna to give her their support, including Angela, Jessica, Mike, and Eric. They didn't know how to approach the raven-haired girl, but Luna made it easier for them by telling them that she appreciate them supporting her.

The entirety of the Cullens, as well as Jackie, raided Luna with the tightest hugs she has ever experienced, mostly from Rosalie who kept telling her that she surpassed her wish to be just like Rose and that she's proud of her. Neither of the two was huggers, but they were certainly becoming one.

While Luna conversed with her family and the Cullens, a tap from her shoulder caused her to look behind her. All she saw was red before she was engulfed by it. It took her a few seconds to realize Valerie was hugging her.

The Cullens were watching the two and after a couple of seconds, Valerie pulled away with the softest smile.

"That was brave of you. You wore your courage like a crown," Valerie spoke. "I respect you for that."

"You do?" Luna said, surprised.

A soft laugh escaped the redhead's lips before her gaze flickered to Jasper.

"You're one lucky man." She told him. Valerie almost said 'vampire' but quickly reminded herself that Charlie was standing there and would most likely freak if he found out.

"That I am." Jasper said.

Luna glances at him and smiles, their pupils dilating which happens very often.

Valerie rubs Luna's arm gently before walking away.

It was unusual for Valerie to treat her that way. Normally, she'll annoy her by always smiling and looking at Jasper. But now, Valerie was starting to warm up to Luna.

─── ❖ ── ✦ ── ❖ ───

The graduation party Alice had arranged is currently happening in the Cullen house. Despite being brave earlier in the graduation ceremony, Luna still has some stuff she has trouble overcoming, like parties.

Jasper wasn't much of a party person anyway, so, he decided to take Luna out into their special place. Into the forest where there's a cliff, the same cliff where Jasper showed Luna what he looks like when the sun hits his skin.

There was no sun, and the moon was shining down on them as they sat on the edge of the cliff.

"Where do you see yourself in thirty years?" Luna asked out of the blue.

Jasper shrugged, his posture still as elegant as ever.

"Probably in another high school." Jasper joked.

Luna shakes her head and laughed, playfully shoving Jasper who was also grinning.

"No, I'm serious. Where do you think you'll be in thirty years?" Luna asked again.

Unlike earlier, Jasper's smile did not hold a hint of mockery in it, it was pure admiration.

"With you." Jasper said, causing Luna to suddenly get enchanted as he went on. "I'll always be with you."

None of them noticed how close they were until his last words were spoken. It was like they were in a trance, inch by inch, they were moving closer to one another, their eyes fixated on each other's lips.

Is this it? Is Luna finally ready to kiss him and overcome her fear of reminiscing that tragic night? Well, that was what she felt. She knew Jasper wouldn't make the first move, he respects her too much. So, if she is ready, she has to be the first to move.

Jasper was slow even though he was a vampire. He was hesitant to kiss her. After all, he did promise her that he'll wait until she's ready. It looked like she's ready. But he knew better than to just take that as an answer.

"Are you sure?" He whispered.

Luna nodded, moving further towards him, and just before their lips touched, Jasper's phone rang.

The sound caused both of them to stop, they were still inches from each other, none of them were moving. His phone kept ringing and it was starting to get on Luna's nerves.

"You should answer that." Luna said as she moved away.

"Yeah." Jasper said before taking his phone out of his pocket.

The screen lit up and it revealed Alice's name on it. Jasper answered it before putting it on speaker mode.

"Hey, Alice." Jasper said, slight frustration evident in his voice.

"You and Luna need to come back to the house. It's urgent." Alice said through the phone.

The couple shared glances before they sped away and back to the Cullen house.

─── ❖ ── ✦ ── ❖ ───

"They'll be here in four days." Alice said as she stood beside a worried Jackie.

The Cullens, the werewolves, and the Swan twins are gathered in a room with the same troubled expression written across their faces.

"This could turn into a bloodbath." Carlisle said as he leaned back on a table.

"Who's behind it?" Edward asked.

"I only recognized two of them..." Alice trailed off, her gaze flickering to Luna.

Edward took a look at Alice's thoughts and he nearly crushed the table with the increasing tightness of his grip when he saw that one face.

"Jeremy Nolan." Edward stated, causing everyone to whip their heads towards him. "He's a vampire."

"What?" Jackie exclaimed, causing Alice to hold her mate's hand.

"I guess our suspicions were true after all." Emmett said.

Jacob looked at Luna's reaction. He heard of what happened at their graduation and that made him realize why she was so furious when he kissed Bella without her consent. He wanted to apologize to her in person, which is one of the reasons why he went to the party, only to find out that she wasn't there. Well, until now.

"And the other, I know his face. He's local, Riley Biers. He didn't start this. Neither did Jeremy, he knows little about things like this." Edward said.

"Whoever did is staying out of the action." Alice told them.

"They must be playing with the blind spots of your vision." Carlisle said.

Jasper squeezed Luna's hand gently before he spoke.

"Either way, the army's coming and there aren't enough of us to protect the town." Said Jasper, causing Luna to glance at him worriedly.

"Hold up. What damn army?" Jacob asked, Embry and Quil also curious behind him.

"Newborns. Our kind." Carlisle answered.

"What are they after?" Embry asked.

Everyone turned to Alice as she answered. "They were passing around Luna's and Bella's scent. A red blouse and a turquoise hoodie."

"So, that's where it went! I thought Bella just stole it from my closet." Luna said.

Jasper removes his hand from hers and instead wraps his arm around her waist to pull her closer, his protectiveness becoming dominant.

"They're after Bella and Luna? What the hell does this mean?" Jacob asked.

"It means an ugly fight, with lives lost." Carlisle answered.

Jacob took in a breath, looking over at Quil and Embry as they decided on whether or not they should take part in it.

His gaze went back to Carlisle with the same stern expression.

"All right. We're in." Jacob said.

"No." Bella said immediately. "You'll get yourselves killed, no way."

Jacob glanced at Bella. "I wasn't asking for permission."

"Shocker." Luna pitched in, her sarcasm taking over her once again.

Jacob only gave Luna an apologetic look before Bella spoke again.

"Edward?" She said as she turned to her boyfriend.

Edward looked at Jacob as he debated internally.

"It means more protection for you and Luna." Edward told Bella.

"Jacob, do you think Sam would agree to to...an understanding?" Carlisle asked him.

"As long as we get to kill some vampires." Jacob answered.

Carlisle then shifted his gaze towards his adoptive honey-blonde haired son.

"Jasper?" He called out.

Jasper looked at Jacob. "They'll give us the numbers. Newborns won't know they even exist. That'll give us the edge." Jasper said, his gaze shifting to Carlisle in the middle of his statement.

"We'll need to coordinate." Carlisle said as he pushed himself up from leaning back on the table.

"Carlisle, they're gonna get hurt." Bella said as she jumped up from her seat.

"They're werewolves, Bella. They can handle themselves." Luna stated.

"We'll all need some training. Fighting newborns requires the knowledge that Jasper has." Carlisle answered then turned to Jacob. "You're welcome to join us."

"All right. Name the time and place." Jacob said confidently as he stepped forward.

"Jake, you don't know what you're getting yourself into." Bella told him.

Jacob looked Bella in the eye before responding.

"Bella, this is what we do. You should be happy. Look at us, working together. You are the one who wanted us to get along, remember?" Jacob said.

Bella could only look at Jacob with her mouth parted.

Luna watched the exchange before turning to whisper to Jasper.

"It's not too late to consider my masterplan, right?" Luna asked.

With their enhanced hearing, everyone in the room was able to hear what Luna said, slightly lightening up the mood.

Jasper could only smile at her as he pulled her closer, placing a kiss on her forehead.

─── ❖ ── ✦ ── ❖ ───

It took later for me to publish this since again, college is a pain the behind. I know y'all understand me because you guys are amazing readers and I appreciate all of you so much! <3

This probably has a lot of typos since I just quickly finished it before I go to class. I'm gonna edit it once I had the time.

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Sneak peek of the next chapter will be up soon. :))

xoxo Sammy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

343K 15.3K 55
Haejun can't help but become a scarlet wreck around Elijah. Started: June 9 2020 Completed: July 12 2020 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ **NO TRANSLATIONS ALLO...
140K 3.7K 45
Daenerys Stormborn was born a twin to Jaehaerys Stormborn, the two were the very reason their mother was dead and their older brother, Viserys, hated...
797K 31.4K 42
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
75.2K 2.1K 30
What if Dumbledore paid the Dursley's to abuse Harry? What if Snape, Lucius and Voldy went to 4 Privat Drive after another Death Eater heard screams...