𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐃𝐢𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐧�...

By soulsyncable

"𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐢𝐭, 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐬, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐁𝐚𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐢𝐧'𝐭 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧' 𝐭𝐚 𝐝𝐨 𝐰𝐢... More

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓
𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐓
𝐀𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐒
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐎𝐟 𝐆𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐦
𝐂𝐡𝐨𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞, 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐰𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐨𝐫 𝐕𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚
𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐎𝐟 𝐑𝐢𝐜𝐞
𝐏𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐑𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐇𝐞 𝐄𝐚𝐭𝐬 𝐏𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞
𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐍𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐝 𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐀 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫
𝐇.𝐐
𝐌𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐎𝐟 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐞𝐟
𝐁𝐥𝐮𝐞𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐒𝐥𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐲
𝐇𝐲𝐦𝐧𝐞 𝐀 𝐋'𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐫
𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐞𝐝 𝐊𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬
𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐲, 𝐅𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬
𝐁𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐫
𝐖𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐂𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐒𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞
𝐊𝐞𝐲 𝐋𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐏𝐢𝐞
𝟏𝟗𝟐𝟏
𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐋𝐮𝐜𝐤
𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐲'𝐬 𝐂𝐢𝐫𝐜𝐮𝐬
𝐒𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐏𝐢𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐡𝐚𝐬
𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐧 & 𝐏𝐢𝐧𝐤
𝐆𝐚𝐧𝐠 𝐀' 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐲𝐬
𝐋𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐎𝐟 𝐅𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝐋𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐎𝐟 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐬
𝐋𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐎𝐟 𝐔𝐡-𝐎𝐡'𝐬
𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐞
𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐞 𝐈𝐈
𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐞 𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐬𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞
𝐆𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐦 𝐂𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐬 𝐈𝐧 𝐀 𝐇𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲
𝟒
𝐅𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐬 𝐈𝐧 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐬
𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐈𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐅𝐮𝐧 𝐀𝐧𝐲𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞
𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐇𝐚𝐭𝐞
𝐕𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐀𝐩𝐨𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐩𝐬𝐞
𝐃𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐋𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐲
𝐒𝐚𝐲 𝐖𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐒𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧
𝐓𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐎𝐟 𝐑𝐞𝐝
𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐡 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐭
𝐓𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐲
𝐎𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐝𝐚𝐥𝐞
𝐓𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐙𝐨𝐧𝐞
𝐑 𝟖
𝟏𝟖
𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐄𝐱𝐜𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭
𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚'𝐬 𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲
𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐖𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬
𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝟕𝟓𝟎
𝐁𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐬
𝐎𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐇𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐲 𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐢
𝐄 + 𝐇
𝐀 𝐏𝐢𝐞𝐜𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝
𝐏𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐮𝐦
𝐀𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐎𝐟 𝐀 𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡
𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐈𝐬 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐔𝐩𝐨𝐧
𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐀 𝐌𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐰 𝐆𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐔𝐩 𝐈𝐧 𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬
𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐀 𝐌𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐰 𝐆𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐔𝐩 𝐈𝐧 𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐈𝐈
𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐞𝐬
𝐑𝐮𝐬𝐡
𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐍𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝
𝐐𝐮𝐢𝐥 𝐀𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐚
𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐭
𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐞𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬
𝐖𝐨𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐬 & 𝐕𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐬
𝐆𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐦𝐲 𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲
𝐑𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐥𝐞 𝐌𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬
𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐒𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐆𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐦
𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐟𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐒𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐰𝐢𝐜𝐡
𝐖𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐠
𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐬
𝐏𝐚𝐰𝐧 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐩 𝐁𝐥𝐮𝐞𝐬
𝟒𝟒𝟒
𝐀𝐫𝐤𝐡𝐚𝐦 𝐀𝐬𝐲𝐥𝐮𝐦
𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐧 𝐃𝐢𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐝
𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐨𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐲
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐨𝐲 𝐏𝐢ñ𝐚𝐭𝐚
𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐃𝐨𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐭
𝐅𝐢𝐬𝐡, 𝐁𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐞𝐬 & 𝐏𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐈
𝐅𝐢𝐬𝐡, 𝐁𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐞𝐬 & 𝐏𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐈𝐈
𝐅𝐢𝐬𝐡, 𝐁𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐞𝐬 & 𝐏𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐬 𝐎𝐟 𝐂𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐞
$𝟕.𝟓𝟖
𝐒𝐮𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐒𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐝
𝐇𝐨𝐧𝐨𝐫 𝐀𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐬
𝐆𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥
𝐀 𝐌𝐚𝐧'𝐬 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝
𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐥
𝐖𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐑𝐚𝐛𝐛𝐢𝐭
𝐑𝐨𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞
𝐕𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐁𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐎𝐫 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐈𝐧𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝐑𝐞𝐝
𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐬!
𝐅𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐬: 𝐄𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐞𝐬
𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤, 𝐋𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐢
𝐍𝐮𝐧𝐲𝐚
𝐒𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐲
𝐀 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐈𝐬 𝐀 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞
𝐀 𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐁𝐨𝐥𝐭𝐬
𝐆𝐚𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐟 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐁𝐨𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐬
𝐄𝐝𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐧
𝐄𝐝𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐧 𝐈𝐈
𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐆𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭
𝐈𝐭 𝐅𝐞𝐥𝐭 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐀 𝐊𝐢𝐬𝐬
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬
𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦: 𝐌𝐫. 𝐉
𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐎𝐧𝐞
𝐄𝐬𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐨 𝐌𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐞
𝐑𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞
𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧
𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐀 𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐥
𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐆𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫
𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐭
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐝
𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧
𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐕𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐓𝐨 𝐒𝐮𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐨
𝐓𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐲 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐟𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭
𝐑𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐟 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞
𝐁𝐥𝐮𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢
𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐲'𝐬 𝐑𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐞

𝐀 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬

1.9K 99 18
By soulsyncable

♡♦♡
.. I'M A GOOD PERSON, YOU KNOW
♡♦♡

There's a moment of comfortable silence between Edward and Harley before he opens his mouth to ask a question he's had since she told him about her crazy plan. There are a number of questions he has, truly, but this one is the one he wants the answer to the most.

"Why," he asks her from his spot in the passenger seat of his shiny Volvo. "Why are you.. saving these animals..?"

Her blue orbs flicker over to him for a split second before returning to the road, the loud sound of dogs panting and cats meowing behind her filling her ears. "I just," she starts, speaking slowly, "found it really sad, you know? To see them in their tiny, little cages an' stuff.. I know what it feels like, and, luckily, I was saved. So I thought I'd do the same for them. Maybe it'll help balance my karma or something.."

The car is silent as Edward thinks about her response.

".. I'm a good person, you know," she says suddenly, looking over at him after stopping behind a line of cars as the deck of a bridge goes up in front of them. "Is that so hard to believe?"

He smiles a smile that makes her insides turn. "Not at all.."

And she smiles back. "Plus, maybe this good li'l deed will put me back in Santa's good list," she laughs, though she sounds completely serious.

He shares her laughter, though it quickly flattens once he notices how serious she is about her statement. "You don't.. actually believe in Santa Clause, do you, Harleen?"

She just smiles at him and shrugs. "Why wouldn't I..? I know he's real, and so is his little workshop. I think it's, like, this massive building thousands of feet above the North Pole, held in the air like.. like a castle on a cloud made of magnetic waves and children's dreams"

He silently stares at her as she continues to describe her idea of Santa Clause's workshop. Her thought of it sound beautiful to him. If only it were true.. Once she finishes telling him how she thinks the magical workshop is real, he can't help but let out a laugh, and she does too.

After a few minutes, their laughter slowly simmers down, their different-colored eyes glued to one another. They catch their bodies leaning into each other, an invisible but powerful force inching them together. They get closer and closer.. so close to meeting their burning desires.

Gotham's well-known jester closes her beautiful, blue eyes and moves her small hand over his stone cheeks, their lips connecting. A little part of her always knew this would happen and that things would always turn out this way. Ever since she saw him in Belle Reve, cold and cornered up into her cage, she just knew. She takes a moment to calm herself; with her luck, she would accidentally ruin the kiss and his self-control.

But Edward feels confident in this.

He gently takes her face in his icy hands and continues to kiss her, forcing down the real desire he feels with her; to claim her. He uses only half of his energy with Harley, anymore than that can hurt her. His arms drop to her knees, then snake themselves around her torso, pulling her closer to him.

His actions are the cause of Harley's reminder to breathe. Their shared kiss has literally left her breathless, but she doesn't care and decides to ignore her human needs. Edward is her only necessity right now. Her tattooed fingers move to his auburn hair, pulling his face closer to hers as the sun shines into the window and heats up her skin; more specifically, the "Joker 4 Ever" tattoo on her middle finger. She opens a single eye once feeling the hot sun and smiles against his lips. She's going to have to change that. She sinks back into the kiss, feeling him move his hands down to her waist.

And as they're about to deepen the kiss, they feel something wet slide up the sides of their faces. So they pull away from the steamy kiss and look over to find the rescued Australian Shepard panting in the backseat with the other cats and dogs. He barks and nods at something in front of them. They turn, seeing that the bridge is starting to go back down. Edward and Harleen look at one another and erupt into a fit of laughter.

"Edward," she whispers after a moment of laughter, her tone soft and quiet, something he's never heard.

"Yes, Harleen," he answers back, adjusting a strand of blonde hair behind her ear.

"I really liked that," she giggles, her unnaturally ghost-white face now flushed.

She is sweating, the heat of the kiss getting to her, and she knows it would've only gotten worse if their activity progressed. She feels the warmth in her cheeks and her breathing is a bit off, but she likes it.

She feels alive.

He smiles at her, and it seems like his smile the only thing that is pulling her back to earth. "I really liked that too," he responds softly.

For the rest of the day, Harley and him are seen giving out the rescued pets to the people of Forks; friends they've met in town, some of Harley's co-workers from the circus, homeless men and women whom are in desperate need of company, and her boss, Mr. Bobbinsky, and his large, Russian family. More than half of the animals have been adopted, though the other half haven't.. And they need a home, so Harleen will provide.

Edward and her are now back home, walking up the stairs as a herd of cats, dogs and birds excitedly follow them up and into the upstair's hallway. Edward is holding onto a one-year-old, golden retriever with an injured leg, smiling at the blonde as she leads the way. He's never been in this side of house. Whenever he used to visit, he'd either enter through Bella's bedroom window or through the front door and stop at the living room, as demanded by Charlie Swan.

"How did'ya manage to herd the cats," Harley asks out of nowhere, genuinely interested in how he managed to collect the runaway cats.

He chuckles and nods. "Nepeta cataria."

Her face wrinkles into a silly expression, and he laughs out loud. "Nepeta - wha," she asks, her confusion evident.

"Catnip," he answers simply, smiling down at her.

She forms a small "o" shape with her mouth. Then, another question rings through her mind. "And the birds?"

"Panicum mili -"

The blond throws her arms up in fake exasperation. "Aw, forget it!"

Edward laughs at her silly reaction, the both of them stopping in front of her bedroom door. Luckily, neither Bella or Charlie have returned home. He would offer to take in some of the animals, but that probably wouldn't work out so well with a house full of blood-sucking vampires. He watches as she places her hand on the doorknob and turns it, about to head on inside. "The smaller animals should be on the top floor. It would be a bad idea to bring all the dogs up there," he glances at a clearly blind dog being guided by the helpful Australian Shepard. "They look ravenous."

She nods her head in understanding. "I'll stick 'em here in my room. It's mostly quiet."

"What about Bella," he asks.

"She's bound to find out," she laughs and shrugs her shoulders before opening her bedroom door.

Instantly, before either of them could step a foot inside, all of the animals come rushing inside, almost knocking them over. They're all quick to spot something sitting on Harley Quinn's bed, it's Bernie, the beaver. They hop up on the bed and pounce on the poor guy, thinking he's food.

"Oh, my God," Harleen is heard gasping loudly, horrified by the sight of her pet beaver being mauled by a dozen ravenous animals. "Bernie!"

"Let me go," Bernie, the stuffed beaver, demands, though his owner is the only one who can listen to his cries. "Let go, you filthy mongrels!"

Harleen runs up to Bernie and is about to remove him off the bed, but quickly stops. She's afraid the animals will attack her if she takes their "food" away from them. So, instead, she makes a lowering gesture with her hands. "Sit! Stay! Heel!"

The hungry cats and dogs ignore her and continue to chew on her dead beaver.

Hopeless, she looks over her shoulder and at Edward with fright and horror in her eyes. "Eddie, help! The dogs are devouring my beaver," she cries out. "Whatta we do? We gotta get Bernie outta there!"

Edward is calm, his lips formed into a tight smile. "Harleen, that's a stuffed, dead beaver. There's nothing to worry abou —"

"Edward, he's my best friend! Whadda we —"

Harley's cry out for help is then cut off by a loud bark coming from the foot of the bed. Edward and her turn their heads to find the gorgeous Australian Shepard barking at the hungry animals. And just like that, the herd of cats and dogs back down into submission and scurry away from the beaver.

".. do," Harley quietly continues her sentence, a small laugh escaping her lips before she turns to Edward with a shy smile.

His cold hands reach for hers, and they interlock, his smile the cause for her heart skipping. His beautiful, golden orbs travel from her hands to her face, his other hand moving to place a soft strand of blue and blonde hair behind her pale ear. "Merry Christmas, Harley."

Harley brings their interlocked hands up to her face, her lips planting a kiss on his thumb. "Merry Christmas, Mr. B-Man," she whispers, gazing into his hypnotizing eyes.

Together, they stand like this for a good minute before they hear the sound of the downstair's door opening. The sound is followed by Bella's voice calling out to the blond. Edward and Harleen stare at one another, drinking each other in before he pulls away from her and quietly makes his way to the window.

Harley watches him as he looks back at her and whispers a soft, "I'll be back tonight," before jumping out the window and landing on his feet. She stays silent, not knowing what to do next. It isn't until she feels a breeze blowing her hair away from her face that she turns to find Bella looking at her with horror.

.. She didn't see him, did she?

"Harley," she starts, her eyes the size of planet Earth. "Where the hell did these animals come from?!"

Later on that night, hours after they ate dinner, opened Christmas presents and listened to Charlie Swan freak out about the hoard of animals Harleen had brought into his home, Harley walks into her bedroom to find her cousin sitting on her bed with a small Dachshund dog laying comfortably on her lap. There are different-sized cats and dogs laying about the room, some on the beds, others nuzzled on the computer chair, another group laying on top of a bookshelf.

It's a complete mess.

The blond releases a sigh and makes her way to Isabella's bed, gently pushing away the animals so she can sit next to her cousin. She can feel Bella's suspicious eyes on her as she covers herself with the blanket and rests her head on her shoulder.

"I feel bad," she starts off with another sigh, feeling awfully guilty about the kiss. She hasn't been able to stop thinking about it.

A small knit forms in between Bella's eyebrows as she looks down at her cousin. "What's wrong?"

Harley slowly brings her head up to look at her, a pool of guilt consuming her entire soul and being. "Oh, Pud'.. You know how I went out today an' passed around all the animals..?"

Bella nods her head, and she releases another sigh.

"Well I wasn't alone. Edward went with me.. and - and I kissed him," she continues in a whisper. And it's official.. The bandage has been ripped off. She can't bring himself to look at her cousin's face, so she keeps her head down. "I'm sorry, Bellsies.. I totally broke girl code."

She fully expects Bella to be upset with her and scream at her, but instead.. she feels two arms wrap around her shoulders into an embrace. She's afraid she'll ruin this moment, so she stays still and quiet..

There's a moment of silence, before Bella responds to Harleen's confession. "Do you remember prom?"

She can only nod her head, her face buried into Bella's shoulder.

"Well, that night.. I did something bad, too," the brunette confesses to her cousin. "After Jake came and Edward left, we were dancing.. and we kissed. Alice had seen us, and she promised to stay quiet about it as long as I told Edward. And I did.. That's why he left the night of my birthday and also why he hasn't talked to me since then. I still call him.. and he answers, but he quickly hangs up. I've tried to apologize, but he won't hear me out. There are times when I miss him, you know.. but it's not the same whenever I'm around Jake. Ever since prom night, it was like he became the only thing I could think about. I've never felt that way about anyone, Harley.. And it's kind of scary."

Harley finally looks up at her, lightened by the smile on Bella's face. "Does he know how you feel?"

Bella looks down at her and laughs quietly, her head bobbing up and down into a quiet 'yes.' "He said that I'm not alone and that he felt that too."

"Oh, pud.." Harleen whispers softly. She carefully takes her hand and tenderly holds it, releasing a long sigh as she places her head on her shoulder.

Everything is finally out in the air, and they have finally made peace with themselves..

Alice was right. Things are changing.

FIN

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.4K 2.7K 16
(𝐧.) 𝐑𝐞𝐝𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐲 𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮; 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐟𝐮𝐥𝐥 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡�...
68K 2.3K 24
.  . • ☆ . ° TWILIGHT.• °:. *₊ ° . ☆ ❝Your feelings and mine are all lonely And dawn comes, you're there lying with me And you reach out to touch ...
547K 15.3K 52
˗ˏˋ꒰ ✨ ꒱ - ̥۪͙۪˚┊❛ 𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐘 ❜┊˚ ̥۪͙۪◌ ╰┈➤ ❝ [(n.) The act of loving the one who loves you; a love returned full.] ❝If it were up to me, I'...
71.6K 2.3K 20
❝ 𝘪 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘺𝘢 𝘥𝘰𝘳𝘬. ❞ ― 𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 . . . 𝚌𝚊𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚎 𝚜𝚠𝚊𝚗 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚗𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚌𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚑𝚎𝚛 ...