one of the boys » david dobri...

By messydobrik

Camilla White took the first open room she could find after discovering her boyfriend of five years had been... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty

forty

902 58 42
By messydobrik

"So... it's for sure okay if I go, right?" David asked for maybe the fifth time, this time right before he left for Natalie's.

"Yes," I smiled. "Have fun and be safe, okay?"

"Okay. Just making sure. Bye. I love you!"

"I love you too," I replied, and only when he shut my bedroom door did I finally let out the eye roll I had been holding in.

It wasn't that I was mad. I wasn't mad at David for wanting to hang out with his friend of many years. It just... irritated me. It irritated me that he would hang out with his old fuck buddy alone multiple times a week and that she never bothered to invite me. David would always invite me himself, telling me she wouldn't mind if I came, but who was I to intrude on their best friend bonding time?

Being mad about something like that made me seem like a crazy girlfriend who was way too controlling, so instead, I said nothing. They were friends, I reminded myself every time he left. She's my friend. Nothing is going to happen.

It never eased my mind though. Nothing could. I'd sit in my room, picking at my nails and trying my hardest to focus on whatever movie I was using to distract myself, but all I could think about was how much prettier and funnier and hotter Natalie was.

Luckily, this night, Zane, Jeff, Todd and Corinna were home to distract me. They were all drinking and when they noticed I was curled up alone in my room with sad music about never being good enough playing, they invited me out to join them.

I felt like an idiot in my 3X Goodwill Sweatshirt and fuzzy Eeyore pants sitting down next to Corinna, who always seemed to be dressed to the nines even with nowhere to go.

"Are you feeling okay?" she asked me, and for once, I needed her. I needed a girl to tell me I wasn't being crazy and that it was suspicious that he kept going and that I was never invited. No one was listening to us, too invested in some type of game show on TV, so I talked to her in the living room.

"He goes to Natalie's to smoke, like, at least four times a week now," I explained. "He didn't even do that before we were together. And it really bothers me because she's the one who doesn't invite me to come, and she should know what it's like... no offense."

"None taken," Corinna sadly smiled at me. "It's definitely a little ridiculous, and I know you don't want to hear this, but I would be worried about that. About the invite thing. Because that's exactly what I did with Todd, and she knows that."

"You think they're doing something?" I asked, chewing on the inside of my cheek in an attempt to distract my eyeballs from making tears.

"That's hard to say. He's literally obsessed with you, but we're all human, you know? Everyone gets weak at some point," she said. "Plus, if she really is trying to win him back, she'd probably be doing it slowly. Implanting ideas in his mind, and yes, I know that sounds fucking insane, but that's how it works."

"So... what do I do? I feel like I just look like a controlling girlfriend if I start picking apart who he hangs out with."

"Babe, they literally had sex for months on end before you moved here," she placed a hand on my thigh. "I'm sorry, maybe I'm a crazy girlfriend too, but you have every right to pick that apart. If Todd was hanging out with someone like that, I would've put him in his place right now."

"It's not really David's fault. He always invites me to come along," I tried my hardest to make David seem like the person I wanted him to be.

"He also sees Natalie's not inviting you, or any of her other best friends for that matter, and literally doesn't care. There's something shady about that. I don't know if you want to bring the boys into this, but they'd all agree with me."

"As a nosey eavesdropper," Zane spoke the second Corinna shut her mouth. "I agree with Corinna."

"Dude," Jeff gave him a dirty look. "They weren't supposed to know we were listening."

"Guys!" I groaned, covering my face with my hands. "Why?"

"I'm sorry!" Zane said. "You can't just talk about that out in the open. I have issues. You should fucking yell at him."

"It's not his fault," I tried again, and they all stared at me like I was stupid. "Guys. So am I just supposed to sit him down and be like you can't hang out with her?"

"Yes," Todd answered.

"No," Corinna glared at him. "You need to ask him why he feels the need to hang out with her so much when he has a perfectly good girlfriend at home."

"I feel like I'm gonna fuck it up," I held my cup up. "I'm a little drunk, to be honest."

"Good," Zane smirked. "Keep drinking. That'll make it more exciting."

I did exactly that, drinking too many mixed drinks before David got home and then immediately pulling him into my bedroom.

"We need to talk," I told him as I sat down on my bed.

He laughed, clearly still a little high, and said, "About what?"

"Why you feel the need to hang out with Natalie every night when you have a girlfriend at home," I tried to remember exactly what Corinna had said. Maybe this wasn't the time to be finally listening to her, but I was hurt and she hated Natalie, so everything she said seemed right.

"She's my friend, Millie. I can't have a friend?"

"You used to fuck her and she's obviously trying to fuck you again," I rebutted. "I think you know that and you like the attention."

"Are you fucking serious?" he laughed again, only skyrocketing my anger. "She doesn't. We're fucking friends. I don't know what you want me to say."

I stayed silent, trying not to cry or scream. I wanted to seem civil and not crazy.

He kept talking when he realized I wasn't going to, "What do you want me to do?"

"I don't know, David," I looked away so he couldn't see the tears forming. "I don't know. I just hate it. I hate this feeling."

"You know I'm not trying to make you feel bad, right?" he asked, and it was so frustrating that he wasn't getting it that my tears started freely flowing.

I covered my face with my hands, took a deep breath so I didn't start screaming, and said, "I know. It's just fucking annoying. You know how it looks."

"She's my friend, Milla," he seemed to be getting just as annoyed with me as I was with him. "I'm not just gonna avoid her because you feel threatened by her."

"Should I feel threatened by her?" I looked up at him at that point, my anger coursing through me like a drug. I didn't even care that I was embarrassing myself by crying. All that mattered was David not caring enough about my feelings to even slightly limit his time with her. "Because the way you spend all your free time with her makes me feel like I should."

"Jesus Christ, not everyone is fucking Brandon!" he finally yelled, and I flinched. "You're so insecure that it's impossible to date you! I can't even hang out with my friends without you making a big deal about it!"

"You know what, if you want to suck Natalie's dick so bad, why don't you get the fuck out of my room and go do it?" I yelled back. "I'm not playing this fucking game with you."

"You're drunk, Camilla. No one's playing a game! You sound insane!"

"Just get out," I repeated myself. "I don't even want to talk to you right now. Getting high with your little fucking girlfriend every night is not the way to prove you're not playing a game. So get out. I'm done with this conversation."

"Well, I'm not," he said matter of factly. He didn't even care that I was crying in front of him. He didn't even care that I was hurt. "What do you want me to do? You want me to choose?"

"What? Get out, David."

"You want me to choose between you and Natalie?" he asked again, and I stared at him.

"I already know who you'd pick," I snapped back, and he rolled his eyes.

"I'm not fucking choosing. I love you, and she's my best friend. I can't make a choice. I'm not choosing."

"Then I think that is your choice," I held onto my resolve as much as possible. "If you can look at your crying girlfriend who you claim to love and not even care that you hurt her feelings, you've made your choice. Get the fuck out of my room, or I'm getting Jeff down here and he'll get you out for me."

"Fine," he finally snapped. "If you can't see that all I'm doing is trying here, I guess I'm done with you, too."

"Good."

"Good."

"Get out."

Guys i really wasnt gonna start a fight but everyone on the last chapter just made me miss the good ol days of ruining my characters lives LMAOOOO

Vote and comment pls ily all

Xoxo abby

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.8K 1.1K 46
Camilla has a talent for finding the wrong guys. That is until she meets Evan. She's sure her luck has changed. He's mature, sexy, commanding, everyt...
22.1K 610 8
Things are not as bad as they seem... Camila will soon learn that a misunderstanding could lead to something so real she didn't even know she wanted
652 16 21
Natalie just enrolled in the University of Bristol but what she didn't know was that her life would turn upside down because of one guy. Maybe being...
929K 4.6K 4
When Camila Cabello moved into an apartment, she thought she came prepared. But of all the things she expected, being thrown into Lauren Jauregui's p...