Critical ~ S. Black

By allriledup-

"Not Today Mother Trucker!" ***************** Almost 14 years ago exactly, Alexis Potter went missing in the... More

๐’ž๐ป๐’œ๐’ซ๐’ฏ๐ธ๐‘… ๐’ช๐’ฉ๐ธ
๐’ž๐ป๐’œ๐’ซ๐’ฏ๐ธ๐‘… ๐’ฏ๐’ฒ๐’ช
๐’ž๐ป๐’œ๐’ซ๐’ฏ๐ธ๐‘… ๐’ฏ๐ป๐‘…๐ธ๐ธ
๐’ž๐ป๐’œ๐’ซ๐’ฏ๐ธ๐‘… ๐น๐’ช๐’ฐ๐‘…
๐’ž๐ป๐’œ๐’ซ๐’ฏ๐ธ๐‘… ๐น๐ผ๐’ฑ๐ธ
๐’ž๐ป๐’œ๐’ซ๐’ฏ๐ธ๐‘… ๐’ฎ๐ผ๐’ณ
๐’ž๐ป๐’œ๐’ซ๐’ฏ๐ธ๐‘… ๐’ฎ๐ธ๐’ฑ๐ธ๐’ฉ
๐’ž๐ป๐’œ๐’ซ๐’ฏ๐ธ๐‘… ๐ธ๐ผ๐’ข๐ป๐’ฏ
๐’ž๐ป๐’œ๐’ซ๐’ฏ๐ธ๐‘… ๐’ฉ๐ผ๐’ฉ๐ธ
๐’ž๐ป๐’œ๐’ซ๐’ฏ๐ธ๐‘… ๐’ฏ๐ธ๐’ฉ
๐’ž๐ป๐’œ๐’ซ๐’ฏ๐ธ๐‘… ๐ธ๐ฟ๐ธ๐’ฑ๐ธ๐’ฉ
๐’ž๐ป๐’œ๐’ซ๐’ฏ๐ธ๐‘… ๐’ฏ๐’ฒ๐ธ๐ฟ๐’ฑ๐ธ
๐’ž๐ป๐’œ๐’ซ๐’ฏ๐ธ๐‘… ๐’ฏ๐ป๐ผ๐‘…๐’ฏ๐ธ๐ธ๐’ฉ
๐’ž๐ป๐’œ๐’ซ๐’ฏ๐ธ๐‘… ๐น๐’ช๐’ฐ๐‘…๐’ฏ๐ธ๐ธ๐’ฉ
๐’ž๐ป๐’œ๐’ซ๐’ฏ๐ธ๐‘… ๐น๐ผ๐น๐’ฏ๐ธ๐ธ๐’ฉ
๐’ž๐ป๐’œ๐’ซ๐’ฏ๐ธ๐‘… ๐’ฎ๐ผ๐’ณ๐’ฏ๐ธ๐ธ๐’ฉ
๐’ž๐ป๐’œ๐’ซ๐’ฏ๐ธ๐‘… ๐’ฎ๐ธ๐’ฑ๐ธ๐’ฉ๐’ฏ๐ธ๐ธ๐’ฉ
๐’ž๐ป๐’œ๐’ซ๐’ฏ๐ธ๐‘… ๐ธ๐ผ๐’ข๐ป๐’ฏ๐ธ๐ธ๐’ฉ
๐’ž๐ป๐’œ๐’ซ๐’ฏ๐ธ๐‘… ๐’ฏ๐’ฒ๐ธ๐’ฉ๐’ฏ๐’ด
๐’ž๐ป๐’œ๐’ซ๐’ฏ๐ธ๐‘… ๐’ฏ๐’ฒ๐ธ๐’ฉ๐’ฏ๐’ด-๐’ช๐’ฉ๐ธ
๐’ž๐ป๐’œ๐’ซ๐’ฏ๐ธ๐‘… ๐’ฏ๐’ฒ๐ธ๐’ฉ๐’ฏ๐’ด-๐’ฏ๐’ฒ๐’ช
๐’ฏ๐’ฒ๐ธ๐’ฉ๐’ฏ๐’ด-๐’ฏ๐ป๐‘…๐ธ๐ธ
๐’ž๐ป๐’œ๐’ซ๐’ฏ๐ธ๐‘… ๐’ฏ๐’ฒ๐ธ๐’ฉ๐’ฏ๐’ด-๐น๐’ช๐’ฐ๐‘…
๐’ž๐ป๐’œ๐’ซ๐’ฏ๐ธ๐‘… ๐’ฏ๐’ฒ๐ธ๐’ฉ๐’ฏ๐’ด-๐น๐ผ๐’ฑ๐ธ
๐’ž๐ป๐’œ๐’ซ๐’ฏ๐ธ๐‘… ๐’ฏ๐’ฒ๐ธ๐’ฉ๐’ฏ๐’ด-๐’ฎ๐ผ๐’ณ
๐’ž๐ป๐’œ๐’ซ๐’ฏ๐ธ๐‘… ๐’ฏ๐’ฒ๐ธ๐’ฉ๐’ฏ๐’ด-๐’ฎ๐ธ๐’ฑ๐ธ๐’ฉ
๐’ž๐ป๐’œ๐’ซ๐’ฏ๐ธ๐‘… ๐’ฏ๐’ฒ๐ธ๐’ฉ๐’ฏ๐’ด-๐ธ๐ผ๐’ข๐ป๐’ฏ
๐ธ๐’ซ๐ผ๐ฟ๐’ช๐’ข๐’ฐ๐ธ
CASTING!
FINAL A/N

๐’ž๐ป๐’œ๐’ซ๐’ฏ๐ธ๐‘… ๐’ฉ๐ผ๐’ฉ๐ธ๐’ฏ๐ธ๐ธ๐’ฉ

246 6 10
By allriledup-

*LEXI*

When we got to Kings Cross Station the morning of September 1st, I couldn't help but smile sadly. I almost instinctively looked around for James before remembering that he wasn't here. The few years I had gone to Hogwarts, he was always by my side. So now it just didn't feel right without him.

"Mom come on! The train leaves in 20 minutes." Riley broke me out of my thoughts. I nodded and we went to Platform 9 3/4.

When we walked onto the platform, Riley immediately ran over to the Weasley's, talking with them. I looked around at the various families and froze when I saw a familiar face.

Neville, I recognized because he was in several of my classes, and his grandmother – Frank's mother – who I had seen come with Frank during our years here. I wondered where Alice and Frank were, so I went over to her.

"Professor Black," Neville greeted me with a smile. I smiled back and saw his grandmother's eyes widen, looking at me with some fo of recognition.

"Mrs. Longbottom. It's been quite a while." I held my hand out for her to shake as Neville went to the train. She shook it, her eyes finally showing the registering recognition.

"Lexi. It's been quite a while." I nodded.

"Where are Alice and Frank? I would've thought they'd be the ones taking their son to Kings Cross for school." When her smile faded and a dark look crossed her eyes, I immediately knew that something had happened to them when I was gone.

"A few days after your disappearance, they were tortured for James and Lily's location," she stated, "when they didn't give it up – because they didn't know – they were tortured to insanity." I gasped, covering my mouth.

"Oh my, I'm so sorry I had no idea..." I trailed off, thinking back to my few memories of Frank, who I had most often seen with Alice.

"Oh, it's alright deary. They're in St. Mungo's if you wish to visit them." I nodded, still feeling bad.

The train whistle blew and I waved goodbye, running to the train. I got on just before they closed all the doors, and went to an empty compartment.

When we got to Hogwarts, I sat in an empty carriage and took the familiar ride to the castle. When I walked in, I went to the teacher's table and sat at the empty seat that Dumbledore directed me to.

I smiled when I noticed professor Slughorn in his old seat.

"Professor, you've come back I see. It's good to see you again," I greeted. He smiled at me.

"If it isn't one of my favorite students." He chortled a little. "How've you been Lexi?" I smiled.

"I've been pretty good, and staying out of trouble." I made sure to clarify that last part, knowing how much trouble I got into as a student.

We talked a bit more until the feast started. We watched the sorting and Dumbledore started the feast. After we finished eating, he stood up and clapped his hands, silencing the hall.

"Now that we've all been adequately fed and watered, I have a few announcements. The first of which being that Filch would like me to remind you that the Forbidden Forest is off-limits. He has also asked me to remind you that fanged frisbees, dungbombs, and the such are off-limits, and there is a full list of banned items hung up in his office should you wish to check it out."

I heard groaning from the students, and I had to force myself not to roll my eyes. Nobody ever checked out that list.

"Now onto more important matters. Professor Slughorn has agreed to return to his old teaching post, teaching potions. And professor Snape has agreed to move to teach Defense Against The Dark Arts. Ad for new teachers, I would like to introduce Mrs. Lexi Black. She shall remain on campus as a teacher's assistant and an on-campus Auror." I waved as the students searched the table for the new professors. "With that, I send you all off to bed." Dumbledore clapped his hands and the students went on their way to their dorms.

***

A week later, I was sitting in my office, doing some grading for Professor Mcgonagall, when there was a timid knock at my door.

I set my quill down and looked up. "Come in." I walked a sweet-looking girl in Ravenclaw robes. What I immediately noticed though was that her dark cheeks were stained by tears, and her eyes looked puffy as she clutched a letter in her hands.

"What's wrong?" I frowned as I stood up, leading her to the couch I have in my office (what? Sometimes I don't feel like sitting at a desk!).

"M-my parents are k-kicking me out... Out of my house a-and, I don't know what to do..." She managed to get out, fresh tears rolling down her cheeks. I gasped softly.

"Oh, honey..." I hugged her, letting her cry into my shoulder. "I'll talk with my husband and if you'd like, you can come live with us. Alright?"

She looked up at me, seemingly in wonder, her blue eyes sparkling from both unshed tears and an obvious bit of hope.

"A-are you sure...? I don't want to burden you..." She looked at her lap and I smiled softly.

"You wouldn't be a burden, I promise. Now, what's your name?" I asked her.

"Katie," she responded quietly. She sounded nervous, though I haven't the faintest clue why.

"Well Katie, it's up to you but you're welcome to stay with my family as long as you need to, okay?" She nodded. She smiled when I said her name and stood up.

"Thank you." I nodded, watching her leave.

As I sat back down at my desk, I got out a fresh sheet of parchment and dipped my quill in the ink, starting my letter.

Dear Sirius,

I have some news. Don't worry, it's nothing bad. If anything, it's both upsetting and nice news.

Earlier today a girl, about Riley's age, came to me crying because she got a letter from her parents saying she's been kicked out of her house. I offered to let her stay with us as long as she needs because no child should have to live on their own.

Much love,

Lexi.

Finishing the letter, I walked to the owlery, sending the letter to Sirius to let him know the good news.

I then finished grading the papers, had dinner, and went to bed, smiling at the conversation I had had with Hagrid earlier this afternoon.

°•|°•| {fancy flashback noises} |•°|•°

"'ello Lexi," Hagrid greeted me as I walked down to his hut.

"Hello, Hagrid. How are you?" I smiled, petting Fang – who had nearly knocked me over.

"I'm doin' alright. What can I 'elp you with?"

"Do you happen to know where Saphira has taken to hiding out?" I just couldn't wait to see my old friend again, considering the most recent time I saw her I was unconscious.

"I believe she's in the farthest cave. Tell 'er I said 'ello, would ya?" I nodded as I started walking out.

"I will. Thank you."

"o' course! And one more thing. Would ya mind taking the COMC class on a trip to see 'her one o' these days?" I nodded again, my smile growing.

"Of course. I'm sure they'll love it."

With that, I walked down to say hi to my best friend.

|•°|•° {fancy end of flashback noises} °•|°•|

The next day after breakfast, I walked down to where the COMC classes were meeting. Right now, I can tell it's 6th years because I can see Riley, laughing and talking with Katie. Luckily Katie seems to be in a better mood than she was before.

Hagrid was trying to make them be quiet, to no avail. So, I used an old trick from controlling my brother.

I stuck two of my fingers in my mouth and whistled, getting their Attention as I walked to stand beside Hagrid.

"Today, Hagrid has offered to let me show you a rare magical creature. At least, one that's rare to get close to." I smiled, as the class looked intrigued. "Follow me!"

With that, I started walking. I could hear them following, which was good.

"Now, when you see this magical creature I want you to know that while they can seem a bit scary, this one is a big sweetheart. And I'm very trained in handling her," I explained as we walked, getting closer to the cave.

"What kind of creature is it?" A kid, I'm guessing it was Neville by the sound of his voice, asked.

"You'll have to wait and see." With that, we reached the entrance to the cave. "Stay close to me!"

The students followed me and I smiled. Hey Saph, we're on our way. Are you gonna do that thing where you hide in the corner and breathe fire? You know it, Lex. People's reactions are so much fun.

When we reached the part of the cave she was in, it was pitch black. I called behind me to the students, "Stay there until I tell you it's okay to come forward!"

And then, I saw a bright flame illuminate Saph's gold scales. I laughed softly as I heard people scream, and started walking towards Saph.

"Mrs. Black, what are you doing?" Katie asked. I simply grinned mischievously.

"You'll see." With that, I reached Saph. Her scales were glowing bright enough now to provide light for everyone, so I didn't have to use my wand.

"Everyone, meet Saphira!" I turned around after hugging Saph, to face the class. They had mixed expressions of terror, worry, curiosity, and amazement.

Hello everyone. Hagrid, Riley, it's lovely to see you two again. And with that, I heard people start freaking out.

"Don't worry, don't worry. That's Saph. An ability she and I have is to speak in each other's minds and the minds of other people. Well, speak in a way," I explained. "Would anybody like to come over? I promise she's very friendly."

A few shy students volunteered, and when others saw their friends going up, they went up. Soon enough, the whole class was gathered around Saph as she spoke with them.

The rest of class went rather smoothly, as did the rest of the day.

____________________________________

Thanks for reading!

I hope that this extra-long chapter makes up for the hiatus from writing. It was a lot easier on me to not have to write 1000 words by a certain date, and I felt like I did a lot better when I didn't have a specific date to write by.

Hope y'all are staying safe and healthy!

Happy Vibes

<3 Riley

p.s. thank you so so much for 1k reads! Post any questions you have about the characters or book in the comments and I'll do my best to answer them (though some I might not answer for spoilers, others I simply don't know).

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.1K 1.8K 16
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ .หšแตŽโ”Š ๐—Œ๐—๐—‹๐–บ๐—‡๐—€๐–พ๐—‹๐—Œ โ‹†.เณƒเฟ”:๏ฝฅโ ๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘Ÿ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘”๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘  ๐‘ก๐‘œ ๐‘“๐‘Ÿ๐‘–๐‘’๐‘›๐‘‘๐‘ , ๐‘“๐‘Ÿ๐‘–๐‘’๐‘›๐‘‘๐‘  ๐‘–๐‘›๐‘ก๐‘œ ๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘ฃ๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘ , ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘› ๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘Ÿ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘”...
1.9M 50.3K 179
โœพ๐˜‘๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜—๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณโœพ โœงแดแด€ส€แด€แดœแด…แด‡ส€s แด‡ส€แด€โœง ษชษด แดกสœษชแด„สœ ๐˜‘๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜—๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ด ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ง ๐˜ง๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฉ...
169K 7.9K 68
**Book 1/4 in the TATM series** Teddy Lupin awoke on the hard concrete of the Hogsmeade train station to see the face of someone he knew to be long...
11.7K 365 37
*** A girl with a scarred brain who wanted nothing more than her brothers to be safe. A boy with scarred skin who wanted nothing more than the girl t...