Love's Second Chance

By cdwritings

Kendra has the perfect dad, perfect boyfriend, perfect friends, perfect life. But destiny will play her a dir... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapet 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47

Chapter 22

110 6 0
By cdwritings

After what seemed to me the longest car ride, we finally arrive to some apartments complex. Shawn opens a gate to an underground parking lot with a card key he had. After entering and going in circles he finally parks turning the car off and walking away.

I don't move. There is no way I'm going anywhere with that boy. After telling me to jump off the car if I wanted to get off like who says stuff like that?

I'm so into my thoughts, but not for a while, I'm brought back to reality when my door opens.

"Hurry get off." He says.

"No im not going anywhere with you."

"Ok then stay here, if the cops show up I'll be sure to tell Avianna to bail you out."

What? The cops can still find us? Or is he lying to scare me. If that's the case it's not going to work.

"If they come then you're screwed too because the will find you once they find what flat this spot belongs to."

"No because this is not my spot." He says going down closer to me before shutting the door and walking away.

Yeah no I'm not staying here.

I get off to see him walk towards the elevator. I yell at him to wait for me but he just looks my way and then looks back to the elevators as the doors open. I see him walk in and I run barely making it in.

"Almost left you." He says smirking.

Can he be any more annoying? No, no he can't.

He walks in front of me through a hallway. And stops on a door on our left. He gets out his key and walks in turning in the light and throwing his jacket off on the couch.

"You can take a seat or stay standing up however you like I don't care." He says walking towards what seemed to be the kitchen and I glare at him before taking a seat on the white couch by the window.

"Water?"

"No thanks." I am not having anything from this boy, what if he tries to poison me or something.

He walks out of the kitchen with a beer in his hand and takes a seat on the single couch facing the tv and puts his feet up on the coffee table totally ignoring my existence.

I use this time to actually pay attention to him. I have always notice he was tall but never paid attention to small details of him, for example his hazel eyes one of them being a lazy eye. He has curly brown hair and one of them falls to the front of his forehead giving me Danny Zuko vibes as he's wearing black pants and black T-shirt. His short sleeve shirt revealing the muscles on his arms. He doesn't take his eyes off the screen but I decide to take my eyes off of him, if he notices his ego would go so high making a whole in the roof.

"You live here by yourself?" I break the silence.

"No, with Brian." He says with his eyes still glued to the TV obviously not trying to have a conversation with me. I look around unsure what to do anymore.

"What time are you taking me back to the academy?"

"Am I supposed to take you?"

"Am I supposed to fly there? Of course you have to take me you brought me here in the first place." I argue back.

"You would be in jail right now if it weren't for me so a thank you will be enough."

"That's not true, I would've gone with Avianna and Nyla."

"You were not even moving girl, you don't even know where they're at."

He's right. I had forgotten to check in with them to see how they were. When the cops appeared I remember Avianna told me to run and I attempted to go after her but my feet were not moving. I check my phone and see I actually have a text from her.

Avi: Kendra where are you? Are you ok?

Kendra: Yes I am, are you guys ok. And I'm with Shawn for my bad luck🙄

Avi: Sorry girl. And yes we are with Brian. We'll see you back at the Academy. Take care.

I read her text and smile at the fact that they are safe.

"They're okay and they're with your friend."

"Good for them." He says not even looking my way when he talks to me.

"So you'll take me?" I ask and he ignores me.

"Shawn?" I ask again and he's still ignoring me.

I grab my phone and stand up. I have no need to put up with him and his attitude. I pass in front of him and jump over his feet, heading towards the door.

"Where are you going? he ask.

"To the academy."

"How?"

"Walking."

"Walking? Do you even know how to get there?"

"Yes Shawn walking, and no I don't because I've been living in this city for a week barely. But I rather get lost than stay here putting up with your unnecessary rudeness." I say trying to hold back my tears. I reach for the door handle when he gets up.

"No Kendra wait." He says and I stop.

"I'm sorry ok? Please don't go it's dangerous." He says and I close the door. I really didn't want to leave if I'm honest, but I was going to if he didn't leave me another option.

"I will take you," he says sitting back down. "Just not yet, in a few hours."

A few hours? What am i supposed to do for a few hours here?

"Wanna watch a movie or something?" He says as if he were responding to my thoughts.

"Sure." I respond walking back to the spot I was at before. A movie is perfect. No need to talk and makes time go faster.

He gets up an puts an action movie sitting back on the sofa he was at. In silence we just watch the movie.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Shawn's POV

I open my eyes to a white screen. I rub my eyes realizing I fell asleep while watching the movie. I grab my phone from my lap and see the time. It's past 2am, shit I fell asleep for even longer after the movie ended. I turn to my left and see Kendra sleeping there. She had one hand under her cheek and the other one in between her legs. Her brown hair is all over the place a chunk of it it on her hair. I get close to her and move it to the side. She looks so peaceful and beautiful sleeping, just like an angel.

What the fuck are you saying Shawn? This girls is no angel. She's the living example of annoying. I move back to get some water and while I drink it I keep staring at her. She might be annoying as fuck but there's no doubt she's very beautiful. I finish my water and go wake her up.

"Kendra.. Kendra.." I say and she starts opening her eyes. "It's past 2am I need to take you back to the academy."

She nods sitting up looking tired. "Okay" She says in a very sweet voice. She gets up and follows me out the apartment and towards the car.

The whole car ride she fell asleep again. I lowered the music to not wake her up. When we arrived to S&C it was time to wake her up again.

"Hey Kendra," I say slowly caressing her hair. "We are here." I say and she opens her eyes.

"How did we get inside?" She asks rubbing her eyes to fully wake her self up.

"I have a key to the main gate but not the academy building. You're gonna have to enter through the back storage room because it's the only door I have key too. Call someone to meet you there."

"Okay." She says again with her sweet voice. Is this a thing she does when she has just woken up?

She dials into her phone and speaks to someone briefly.

"Okay Avianna is meeting me down here."

"Ok let's go." I say getting out of the car and walking towards the door. I open the door and quickly put the alarm code do deactivate the alarm before going off and alerting everyone someone is "breaking in." 

"You have to seem experience on getting in here without anyone noticing. Have you done this before?"

I look at her ignoring her question. Yes, I have done this plenty of times, but she doesn't need to know this. Once I turn on the light Avianna is in the doorway of the door that leads into the academy with her flashlight on waiting for Kendra.

"Let's go Kendra before someone comes and finds us here."

Kendra is awkwardly standing next to me. Why doesn't she just go already? She starts walking without saying any other word, just looks back to me one more time before despairing into the darkness.

I quickly get out of there. Last thing I need is being caught and fired from my work. I can't afford that. I jump in the car and head to home as if I never was even here.

On my way home I think about earlier, when she almost left. Would she actually had leave? Late at night in a city she doesn't know? Is she that dumb? Or was she playing with me? No I don't think she was I could hear her voice breaking. Thinking of this makes me feel bad. Might not be able to stand the girl but I would have never forgotten myself if someone would've happened to her. Good thing things like tonight won't happen again so I don't have to worry about her anymore.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

822K 38K 60
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
1M 54.1K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
440K 15.6K 93
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...
267K 11.2K 40
แ€ค Fic แ€žแ€Šแ€บ แ€กแ€›แ€™แ€บแ€ธแ€›แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€…แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€žแ€ฑแ€ฌ แ€กแ€žแ€ฏแ€ถแ€ธแ€กแ€”แ€พแ€ฏแ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€แ€ฝแ€ฑแ€€แ€ญแ€ฏแ€žแ€ฌแ€žแ€ฏแ€ถแ€ธแ€‘แ€ฌแ€ธแ€žแ€ฑแ€ฌ Big Warning ๐Ÿšจ18+ Fic แ€แ€•แ€ฏแ€’แ€บแ€–แ€ผแ€…แ€บแ€žแ€Šแ€บ แ‹