The Last Spring [Editing is i...

By IreneEthrin

Hyeyoon had always lived her life positively. She's cheerful, smart, and beautiful. Though she isn't the typ... More

Introduction ✔
Prolog ✔
1. Third Year of College ✔
2. Closer ✔
3. The Sunset ✔
4. The Sun Rises (First Time) ✔
5. Sweet and Sour ✔
6. His Rules ✔
7. Woman Instinct ✔
8. Emergency ✔
9. Ilsan ✔
10. Turn of Events ✔
11. Rain in November ✔
12. Flashback's Epilogue ✔
13. LT. Engineering & Construction ✓
14. Beijing, The Gala ✔
15. Attentive ✔
16. Welcome Back ✔
17. Dress Fitting ✔
18. The Solitaire Ring
19. The Beauty Salon
20. The Engagement Party
21. Head of the Program Division, Kim Rowoon
22. Seoul Branch (1)
24. A Friendly Advice
25. The First Flight, Shanghai Airlines
26. Kempinski Hotel Xiamen
27. Xiamen Branch Office
28. Avoiding a Scene
29. The Candor
30. Upside Down
31. Splendid China Folk Villages
32. The Potala Palace
33. Couch Talk
34. Morning Flight
35. Overnight Flight
36. Assets and Investment
37. Final Report, the Near End of the Trip
38. The Long Night
39. The Last Day of the Trip
40. Confession
41. Facing the Truth
42. Making a Decision
43. Finding Its Way Back
44. One Big Step in Life
Epilogue

23. Seoul Branch (2) Locked

671 60 55
By IreneEthrin

Hyeyoon instinctively reached out her hand and cupped both of Rowoon's cheeks as the blood started dripping down his temple. Rowoon was holding his body weight with his elbows and Hyeyoon pushed him to get up.

Her lips were trembling and Rowoon could see she was about to cry. Her ragged breath was mixed with her shaking voice.

"Can you-can you get up?" she was stuttering and asking the man slowly.

Other than his back-ache, Rowoon didn't actually feel anything with the dripping blood on his head. It was probably just a scratch, he thought.

"Yeah," Rowoon weakly responded and got up. He touched the blood on his temple and wiped it using his palm.

"No," Hyeyoon held him by the hand and pulled him to sit down, and leaned him to the wall. She took out a handkerchief from her purse then carefully rubbed the top of Rowoon's head and saw the wound. Hyeyoon slowly pressed the wound with the cloth which made Rowoon winced.

"Sorry," Hyeyoon saw him winced and carefully rubbed the wound and pressed it lightly to stop the bleeding. "Hope it's not that deep. Or else you'll need to get stitched,"

"I'm fine, you don't have to worry," Rowoon let Hyeyoon took care of his wound. He let her tender finger touched his scalp and rubbing it gently. "But you need to think first before trying to climb up a shelf, though, Hyeyoon, it's not a ladder," he scolded her and Hyeyoon was silent.

Hyeyoon felt guilty and didn't utter anything yet she kept rubbing his scalp and made sure the bleeding was stopped.

"I know, I'm sorry. Do you feel dizzy? Or your head hurts?" there was concern in her voice and Rowoon shook his head.

"No, I'm fine," he responded. The bleeding stopped. Hyeyoon sighed in relief.

"Here, pressed it on the wound," Hyeyoon handed the handkerchief to Rowoon. "You need to get treated after this. We have to get out of here,"

Rowoon pressed the cloth on his wound. Though it still stung a bit. But he was sure he would be fine.

He saw Hyeyoon examined the door, trying to find a way to open it. But she couldn't find anything. "I don't know if we can fix this manually, or can you do it? You're quite handy as far as I know," Hyeyoon pointed to the button and Rowoon couldn't help to smile.

He then got up and slowly approached her and stared at the button. "I need a screw," Rowoon said and Hyeyoon sighed in frustration. She was looking for that thing since earlier. But instead of getting any, Rowoon was injured because of her.

Rowoon then saw Hyeyoon sighing and walked slowly to a corner. She spread the unfolded boxes on the floor and sat on it while leaned to the wall.

"What? You're giving up now?" Rowoon smiled wryly. Hyeyoon didn't bother to respond to him and was seen thinking. She then pulled out her phone and sent an SOS message to Kiyong. Rowoon recognized the gesture as the girl pressed the power button three times and the device took a snapshot of the surrounding with its rear and back camera.

He slowly walked and joined her sitting by the wall. "Do you get the signal? Can you send the message?" Rowoon winced as his back touched the cold wall.

"I don't know," Hyeyoon tried the SOS message once again and frustrated as there was completely no signal. She put her phone down and stared blankly at the ceiling. Hyeyoon then turned to Rowoon and asked "Are you still bleeding?"

Rowoon pulled the cloth and seeing no more fresh blood. "No, it's stopped," he responded, but the handkerchief was covered with his blood. "I'll wash this first before returning it,"

Hyeyoon just nodded and both were silent. She stared blankly again at the front. Rowoon was contemplating whether or not to say anything. But as Hyeyoon was seen muted. He then decided to talk first.

"How are you doing, Hyeyoon?" Rowoon tried to initiate a conversation.

The girl turned to see him and back again facing the front. "I'm doing great," she answered rather shortly and Rowoon didn't know what to respond. The fact that he had a lot in his mind and really wanted to ask her everything. But he was hesitant.

Rowoon couldn't expect a lot from this encounter, he was the one who let her go three years ago. And to still hoping there was probably a slightest feeling remained in her heart toward him was kind of too much. He had to swallow the bitter taste of her already moved on from him, and already had someone else.

Hyeyoon sighed and Rowoon stared at her, questioning.

"What?" Rowoon asked her and the girl just leaned her back to the wall and checking her wristwatch. It was nearly 7.00 PM and it was getting dark outside he assumed.

"I think the employees are going home at this time," Hyeyoon couldn't imagine being stuck here until the next morning with Rowoon. Hyeyoon was getting slightly anxious and restless. "What do we do?" she asked Rowoon who was staring at her straight into her eyes with an expression that Hyeyoon couldn't decipher. As if there were thousands of unspoken words he was holding up.

His eyes were sparkling and it was hypnotizing. Hyeyoon gulped when Rowoon remained still on his spot, stayed mute only watching her movements. The girl tucked her hair behind her ear nervously. She scratched the back of her nape and cast her gaze away.

Hyeyoon couldn't read Rowoon's mind and she was wondering why he was looking at her like that. She then sighed and nudged Rowoon, snapped him back to reality.

"Don't look at me like that," she told him. "You're making me uncomfortable," she was being honest.

Rowoon turned his gaze and leaned his back to the wall, then shut his eyes. Seeing that, Hyeyoon frowned. "Are you okay?"

Her question made Rowoon's eyes shot open and he looked at Hyeyoon weirdly. "You're scolding me by looking at you, now when I'm shutting my eyes, you're questioning me again," Rowoon folded his arms in front of his chest. "What do you really want, Hyeyoon?" his tone was flat, but it sounded a bit cold to Hyeyoon.

The girl retreated upon hearing the cold reply and she was offended. This guy didn't change a bit. Hyeyoon pursed her lips and turned away. She ignored him and was about to get up. It was better to find a way to escape from this place rather than arguing with this Kim Rowoon.

Hyeyoon's movement stopped when she felt Rowoon grabbed her hand and pulled her down to sit, "where are you going?"

The girl was flinched and nearly stumbled down but she quickly regained her balance and pulled her hand from his grip.

"It's nothing to do with you, though. You can rest there as long as you want, I'll find a way to get out of this place, alone," Hyeyoon replied sternly and the guy just smirked upon hearing her tone. He found her reaction amusing and Rowoon couldn't help himself to stop teasing the girl.

Hyeyoon didn't change that much either, it was just a cover-up. She was still her. His Hyeyoon.

It was easy to make her mad and then the girl would just melt whenever Rowoon using his charm.

Rowoon pointed at his head and the look plastered on his face made Hyeyoon blinked in confusion. "Can you wipe the dry blood on my scalp? It's getting itchy," he said that while flashing his infamous smile. Showing his white teeth and the guy grabbed Hyeyoon's hand gently so the girl could touch his temple.

Hyeyoon jolted and quickly pulled her hand as if his touch transmitted electricity through her skin. She looked at him and the blood trace on his scalp indeed was getting dried. Hyeyoon reached out into her purse and pulled a wet tissue. She moved toward Rowoon and kneeled to reach the top of his head.

"Stay still," Hyeyoon warned the guy when she saw Rowoon was about to move his hand and touched her. Rowoon complied and remained still while Hyeyoon slowly rubbed the wet tissue around his wound and wiped clean the dried blood. Carefully not to graze the wound, she scratched gently the blood trace with her nails and wiped it clean.

When she was done, Rowoon stared at the girl and sincerely thanked her.

"Feel better?" Hyeyoon asked the guy and Rowoon nodded.

"Yes," he spoke rather lowly. "Thank you," his low tone voice rang throughout the room.

"Never mind," Hyeyoon backed off and gaping at the guy in front of her. She was trying to stay alarmed and not crossing the line. Both of them were silent for quite some time before Hyeyoon broke the silence. She was curious about something yet was debating whether or not to ask, but she did anyway.

"Rowoon," she started. The guy hummed and rose his sight to look at Hyeyoon. It was the first time he heard her calling out his name very clearly.

Hyeyoon swallowed hard before continued, "Why did you change your name?" she asked.

She finally let out the question and it somehow sent fresh air in Rowoon's heart as he learned that the girl still had an interest in his life. "When did you change your name?" she added.

Rowoon seemed to contemplate at first but then he began to open up, "It was around 2 years ago when I was about to start my master's degree," he told her honestly.

Hyeyoon nodded and waited for him to continue.

"I decided to change my name because I want to start anew," Rowoon then stared at Hyeyoon deeply. He was more than ready to let her know everything, and Rowoon had been waiting for this chance for years.

"And?" Hyeyoon paused, she was checking on his reaction but Rowoon stayed still, waiting for her to proceed, "did you find your fresh start after changing your name?"

Rowoon flashed his smile again hearing the question. "Yeah, kind of,"

Hyeyoon raised an eyebrow hearing he was doubting his answer.

"Things did change in some ways, and there was another thing that never changes, even when I'm Kim Rowoon now. It surprisingly remained the same," Rowoon stopped. Hyeyoon didn't ask him further. She was afraid to hear the answer and she quickly changed the topic.

"How's your mother?" she diverted to another question.

Rowoon wasn't responding to her immediately. He was studying her expression and when Hyeyoon stared at him back, Rowoon then answered.

"She's fine. She stays with my sister lately," Rowoon then laughed as if he was reminiscing something hilarious. "My sister has two children already. She had twins two years ago and they were expecting another one now,"

Hyeyoon watched as his expression suddenly changed when he talked about his family. She was amazed to see that again and as if the weight in her heart was being lifted, she could feel the happiness just by hearing the news.

"Oh, happy to hear that. Congratulations," Hyeyoon sincerely congratulated him. "So, you're an uncle now?" Hyeyoon teased him and Rowoon smiled.

"Thank you," he said. "And yes, I'm their busy uncle now. It was hard to meet them because of my work schedule and I frequently travel overseas,"

Hyeyoon nodded, "Visit them often, Rowoon. They're your family," she told him and Rowoon nodded.

"Do you want to come with me, Hyeyoon? To visit them, if you have time in the future?" Rowoon asked Hyeyoon. Hyeyoon stared at him to see the look in his eyes was expecting. Hyeyoon didn't know what to respond at first.

Rowoon saw her being hesitant and was about to take his word back when Hyeyoon suddenly sounded, "Alright," she said in a low voice.

"Huh?" Rowoon asked for confirmation and Hyeyoon looked up to see him surprised.

"I said, okay, maybe we can go to visit them in the future," Hyeyoon said it once again, "As now we're related to work, it's better to properly greet them after three years," Hyeyoon's face brightened.

"And you?" Rowoon asked out of the blue. She tilted her head to the side. Didn't catch what his mean. Rowoon smiled and corrected himself, "What about you, what did you do all these years? And tell me about Jang Kiyong, too,"

Rowoon's sudden question was caught Hyeyoon off guard. She was nearly choked. Hyeyoon then fixed her hair nervously. "What about me? There's nothing special about my past three years life," Hyeyoon tried to avoid the question but then Rowoon seemed unsatisfied with the answer. He showed a look that Hyeyoon could easily read as if he was sending her telepathy. He needed her answer and Hyeyoon got the message right. Hyeyoon was biting her lips nervously then sighed.

"I was taking my master's degree in Melbourne, three years ago, and I'm sorry I couldn't say goodbye to you at that time. Things were inconvenient back then, so I decided to leave," she told her story honestly. Though there was still carefulness in her tone, Rowoon understood everything. He knew why did she do what she did three years ago and Rowoon couldn't argue back. It was all his fault after all.

"Go on," Rowoon told her to continue as she was waiting for his response. Then Hyeyoon proceeded.

"I graduated last year and came back to Seoul, working in LT Company as the Architect," Hyeyoon shortened the story.

"So, you met Jang Kiyong at the office?" Rowoon kept asking the question in his head and he didn't care if that was quite shocking for Hyeyoon.

"No," she responded right away. "I met him in Melbourne," she explained slowly. It was hard to choose the right word as she might spill too much information that Rowoon didn't have to learn of. "He was my senior,"

Rowoon nodded. He recalled what Youngdae told him before and yes, the story was true. They had been together in a year, then. Rowoon bitterly admitted the story.

But the ring that lingering on her ring finger was bothered him since earlier. Rowoon frowned and braced himself to ask the risky question.

"Are you getting engaged to him, Hyeyoon?" he confirmed his assumption, and Hyeyoon seemed got surprised a lot today as she didn't expect the question either.

She realized the ring on her ring finger was clearly visible and she couldn't hide that.

She responded carefully, "Not yet, but yes, he proposed to me already,"

"And you said yes," it wasn't a question but a statement. Rowoon won't ask the question that already has its answer right in front of his eyes. Rowoon bitterly admitted the fact again and swallowed it hardly. "Congratulations," he congratulated Hyeyoon and the girl seemed unhappy with that.

Rowoon then frowned to see her expression and asked her again, "You're happy, aren't you?"

"Yes, I am," Hyeyoon answered it clearly. Too quickly as it felt like rushed.

"I'm happy as long as you're happy, Hyeyoon," Rowoon's word was unexpected and Hyeyoon turned to see the guy was staring at her with clouded eyes. "And I hope he treats you well, too, better than me, and he has to make you happy,"

The words that came out from Rowoon were like giving another heavy lift in Hyeyoon's chest. Suddenly she felt hard to breathe and the urge to move forward and touch the guy in front of her. Pulled him into her embrace and radiating the heat through their body once again like the old days. But Hyeyoon tried to bring back her sanity. She was completely mad if she acted impulsively like that.

Hyeyoon was speechless. Both of them turned silent again and suddenly the light went off. Hyeyoon jerked on her spot in horror.

"What happened?" the girl sounded panic and Rowoon quickly grabbed his phone and turned on the flashlight. Their light source was only from the flashlight making Hyeyoon had no other choice to stick closely to Rowoon.

"I don't know," Rowoon got up and tried to find the switcher. Hyeyoon followed him behind by clutching his suit. He felt that and turned to see the girl was clinging onto him. He laughed. "What? Are you afraid?" he made fun of her and Hyeyoon pouted.

This was embarrassing but she had no choice. "I'm not," she lied.

Rowoon laughed again and he walked Hyeyoon to their spot earlier. "Turn on your flashlight, Hyeyoon. And wait for me here," he told her patiently and Hyeyoon followed as he said. When her flashlight was on, Rowoon then continued scanned the area to find the switcher. But he couldn't find it.

It might be outside. If so, then there was probably someone out there.

Rowoon then banging the metal door and shouted.

"Hello! Is there anyone outside? Hello! Someone's locked here!" he shouted but got no response.

Hearing that, Hyeyoon quickly ran toward him. "What? Is there anyone outside?"

Rowoon shook his head, "I don't know, but the switcher is outside, if someone is turning off the switch, they have to know we're locked here,"

Hyeyoon processed the information and started banging the metal door as hard as she could. "Hello!" she shouted.

But there was no response.

"Maybe it was a power outage," Hyeyoon assumed. Started to feel hopeless.

It was 8.00 PM already and Kiyong must be home by now. If only he realized there was something wrong with her, Kiyong might be trying to look for her. Hyeyoon bit her lips thinking of the possibility. But what if he wasn't aware of her missing?

No, he would immediately know it.

Hyeyoon checking on her phone and seeing the SOS message she sent was still undelivered. She was trying to find a connection by roaming the room.

"What are you doing?" Rowoon watched the girl as she was raising her phone and tried to find a signal.

"Maybe there's a hope for the connection," she said desperately.

Hyeyoon tried to climb up the pile of boxes and Rowoon rushed to came to her and held the boxes.

"Geez, Hyeyoon," he grumbled to how careless Hyeyoon was. "Do you get the network connection?" Rowoon asked as Hyeyoon now raising the phone higher.

"Not yet," she sighed.

"Maybe that's why they're using radio to communicate earlier," Rowoon told Hyeyoon reminding her as the supervisor was using the radio when receiving the notification for a new loading was coming.

"Yeah," Hyeyoon jumped, and fixed her attire. No hope for the signal. Hyeyoon then walked back to the unfolded boxes and sat down. "What do we do now?" Hyeyoon asked Rowoon who followed her to sit.

Rowoon was thinking for a moment before randomly answered her, "just sleep," Rowoon then laid down his long body on the unfolded boxes and his long legs reached the cold marble. He was just too long. "They will find us tomorrow when they saw my car still outside," Rowoon confidently said at last.

Hyeyoon looked hesitant. Rowoon's huge posture covered almost all the spot and Hyeyoon didn't know where to lay down.

She then leaned back to the wall and stared blankly at the darkness. The flashlight didn't reach the entire room, though.

Rowoon then looked at Hyeyoon who persistent to sit on her spot rather than laying down. He then turned to the side and propped his head with his hand. "What? You're not tired?" Hyeyoon glanced at him and saw him inviting her to lay beside him.

"I'm fine," she refused.

Rowoon teased the girl again, "I won't do anything to you, Hyeyoon," he chuckled.

Hyeyoon ignored him and closed her eyes while sitting. This time, Rowoon hated to be ignored. He wanted to be heard, and this girl started driving him mad. He got up and leaned forward so he could reach the girl's arm.

Hyeyoon jolted and her eyes were bewildered. "What? What now?" she was surprised by his sudden movement by gripping her arm. Rowoon then told Hyeyoon to lay down.

"Hyeyoon, you know I'm not the person who said things twice, don't you?" Rowoon's word sounded threatening. The girl flinched. "You'll hurt your neck if sleeping like that, now lay down," he ordered. "Don't make me force you doing things," Rowoon finished his sentence when he saw Hyeyoon was moving.

He watched as the girl now laid down then he took off his suit to cover her chest. Rowoon rolled up his sleeves and loosened his tie.

Hyeyoon didn't want to watch the view and decided to turn on her side and back facing him. She could feel Rowoon was laying down beside her but he remained still.

Hyeyoon tried to shut her eyes and sleep but the scent of his cologne was attached to the suit and Hyeyoon could smell it. His scent was still the same. She subconsciously inhaled the scent and let it filled in her lungs. She had to admit that she kind of missing this scent.

Hyeyoon was still busy with her mind when she heard a soft snore from behind. Hyeyoon turned to see Rowoon already fell asleep. He put both of his hand behind his head. One of the flashlights went off. It was her phone. The battery was dead. Hyeyoon stared at her phone and put it down.

Now only Rowoon's phone remaining. If it went off, too. Then they had no more lights. Hyeyoon glanced at the man beside her and slowly turned her body to the other side, facing him. Hyeyoon watched as he was sleeping soundly. It had been three years, and Hyeyoon still remembered how well-defined his face line was. His high-bridge nose and full lips. His eyebrows.

Beep!

The flashlight on Rowoon's phone went off, and they were completely in darkness. Hyeyoon blinked for few times, tried to let her eyes adapt to the new surroundings. When she managed to see in the dark, Hyeyoon could feel soft breath was blowing on her face and Rowoon was already turning to his side, facing her. His eyes remained closed and to this proximity, Hyeyoon nearly felt dizzy by the scent of his breath. The familiar scent that reminded the same in her memory.

Hyeyoon suddenly felt really tired and as if her body remembered its old habit, she felt the urge to lean forward and cuddle to his wide chest. Like how she usually did when they were cuddling. Hyeyoon suddenly felt really frustrated and hopeless on how pathetic she was right now.

She tried really hard to fight her own will when suddenly the lighting turned on and Hyeyoon squinted, adapting to the brightness. When she managed to adapt, Hyeyoon gasped and saw Rowoon wasn't sleeping. He was staring at her in his position but stayed motionless.

Hyeyoon's eyes were shaking and she didn't know what to do nor did she move from her position. Meanwhile, Rowoon kept watching her as if he was trying to pierce her with his stare.

"I-I thought you're sleeping," her voice shaking.

"I was," his voice came out hoarse and Hyeyoon felt a weird tingling sensation in her abdomen upon hearing it, making her more uneasy.

A banging sound was heard. Both Rowoon and Hyeyoon startled. Hyeyoon immediately got up when the door slowly slid open. Showing a worker and the supervisor. Behind them, Jang Kiyong rushed into the basement when he saw Hyeyoon was standing there.

"Hyeyoon!" the guy reached her in one motion and pulled her into a tight hug. "Glad you're okay,"

Hyeyoon stunned and her mind barely processed what happened when she felt the hug was getting tighter. Hyeyoon then realized, she was saved. They were saved.

"I'm fine," Hyeyoon sounded lowly. Letting a soft moan in relief escaped from the taller guy.

Rowoon witnessed the scene and he froze on his spot. Unable to utter anything, he dragged his heavy step toward the exit. He was facing the supervisor who looked very guilty and horrible.

He bowed a few times and kept saying sorry to the Head of the Department Division. Rowoon stayed silent and decided to leave, he then went out of the basement with a blank mind.

================================================================================

A/N:

Hello again... Another update as I said in the previous chapter...
Hope everyone likes it.

And let me know what do you think about the chapters lately? Actually, I was struggling a little bit to put up a story to make Rowoon appear in this section. LOL...
I want to make it as smooth as possible but I kept finding flaws in some parts, so I kept changing the plot in the last two chapters.

Any opinion or suggestion from all the readers is highly appreciated if you wish to send me your idea. Let me see if I could find something in your ideas or suggestions...

Anyways, hope you guys still enjoy reading The Last Spring
I'd like to say thank you a lot to all the readers, for all your support, upvotes, and comments.
I love reading the comments. Some of you are very sharp with the details, too. Haha...

Let me know what do you think about the chapters...

And I'll see you in the next chapter~ :)

Much Love~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.8K 1.3K 28
The story of a student and her strict professor •~ Which begins with small fights and ends with lots of love. Y/N a college student has a crush on...
399K 21.8K 49
[BOOK ONE Completed] "The kiss." He whispered, his hot, alcoholic breath fanning against her lips, "Was it really a mistake?" Anna gulped, gathering...
139K 2.6K 26
A simple cute college love story which folds in a type of beautiful comforts and discomforts. love and maturity. "her one screeching 'hii' can make m...
2.7K 309 37
While on a night out , you hit it off with a stranger at a club, The man you didn't expect it to be , turns out to be a guy from your college , Just...