𝑺𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 • 𝑹. 𝑺...

By sarcasmismeme

"You're just like your sister," She spat. Hope felt as If she couldn't breathe as he invaded her space, eyes... More

𝑪𝒂𝒔𝒕
𝑨𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒕𝒊𝒄

𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑶𝒏𝒆

6.9K 163 20
By sarcasmismeme

[𝟏. 𝑾𝒉𝒚 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕?]

◇──◆──◇──◆

It was late in the afternoon when Ryder awoke. The sun had annoyingly been shining in his eyes, giving him only a guess that it was time to get up. But as he contemplated his feelings on rising with the biggest headache, he only fell deeper into his sleep. It wasn't long until he felt his body being moved and pushed by only his best friend Ash. He groaned in resentment, refusing to listen he began swatting him away.

"Wake up!"

Ryder groaned. That was one of the only things that he didn't want to do. The night before they had partied all night for his birthday and today he would reek the consequences of his actions from drinking hard liquor on a school night. He could only blame Penelope for convincing him to go to the party. He didn't want to go in the first place. "Go away," Ryder growled.

He rolled over, pulling his blankets along with him and covering the rest of his body underneath the warmth. His friend released a harsh sigh, shaking his head. "Ryder, come you lazy bum, wake up man," said Ashton. "You've already missed half of your classes."

"I'll make them up later," He grumbled. It would mean that he wouldn't have to face his fath-  Alaric, while he ridiculed him for all of the bad choices he made and would continue to make if he kept this up. For the last couple of weeks, his grades had been slipping but could you blame him? With a man like that reminding you of how much of a disappointment you are, there's not much else to do other than prove him right.

Ryder was only able to gain a few minutes of precious sleep before the covers were ripped out of his hold and onto the floor. Instinct flooded through his veins like a dam had broken. His blue eyes snapped open and he kicked the intruder in the leg. They quickly fell to their knees, moaning in pain but Ryder didn't stop.

He was quick to grab them by the hem of their shirt, holding up his fist, readying to strike-

"Ash?!"

Similar blue eyes stared into his and Ryder sighed, releasing his best friend. He watched him gain his composure, dusting himself off. Ashton Winslow has been Ryder's best friend for as long as they can remember each other. He was half werewolf like his friend yet the only difference was that he was a vampire, Ryder was a witch.

Ashton and Ryder could be mistaken as twins at most times. They have the same color eyes, the same color hair yet the only difference would be their height and their charming personalities.  "What the hell are you doing?!" Ryder threw his hands up, exhausted with a headache brewing within his head.

"What am I doing? You're the one sleeping your life away and flunking out of class," Ash retorted. Ryder opened his mouth with a retort, but it never came. What could he say? He was right but Ryder truly couldn't care less to do anything about it at this time.

He ran a hard hand through his hair and gestured to his friend, "What time is it?"

Ashton was quick to dig into his pocket and pull out his phone, squinting at the screen. "It's 3:45," He said. "If you're quick you can make it to Chemistry of Magic."

Ryder rolled his eyes but continued to grab his clothes for a quick shower. He left his room with his toiletries and began making his way toward the boy's showers. The Salvatore school was buzzing as he stepped out of his dorm. Some were people he recognized and others he didn't. Ryder knew everyone in the school and if he didn't, it was because they were new.

As soon as he felt the hot water on his skin, Ryder sighed. He ran a hand through his hair, allowing the water to do quick work to his muscles, loosening them from the night before. He grazed his knuckles but didn't wince, he was used to the feeling of bruised knuckles.

Ever since the death of his dad, he never really learned what it meant to translate his feelings into positivity. He was so angry all the time. The urge to shift was stronger on a bad day than it was on a full moon and that's saying something.

Ryder's shower was quick, knowing he'd need to make it to class on time before hearing about his missed classes got back to Alaric. He knew sooner or later he'd find out but it was better than finding out when he had a hangover.

With a towel around his waist, Ryder makes his way toward his room. The walk from the showers to his room was insanely short yet that didn't the eyes of his many peers from catching sight of his body. Ryder entered his room with a sigh, dropping his towel. He sauntered over to his closet and looked at his outfit for the day.

When all he needed was a white shirt to finish his outfit, Ashton burst through the door. He raked Ryder up and down. "Good, you're ready. Let's go!" Ash threw an arm over his friend as Ryder threw the strap of his bag over his shoulder.

Study hall was buzzing with Vampires, witches, werewolves, and all of the other creatures that would go bump in the night and they all sat in this one space where everyone could lay back and chill. It was one of Ryder's favorite places to be. One of the werewolves winked at Ryder, "Sup, Man." They said, giving him a small high five or bro hug.

Ryder leaned into his friend's ear. "What happened last night?"

"Dude, you were the life of the party." Ashton laughed. "You're kind of getting recognized as the former quiet kid who knows how to party."

Shit. "What if this gets back to Alaric?" Ryder cursed, shoving a hand down his almost-dry hair. There's no telling what that man would do if he found out that his son was partying and breaking the rules he should be upholding.

Ash shrugged his shoulders. "I mean, he's staring right at you, there's no really an if anymore."

Ryder refused to meet the Headmaster eye's but in the corner of his peripheral vision, he could see him beginning to make his way toward him. Ryder patted his friend's back. "I've got to go." He said urgency. The hybrid nodded, gesturing for him to get out of there.

Ryder was quick on his feet, deciding that maybe it was a good time to get back to class. He rushed through the halls, barely watching where he was going. He swam through a crowd of his newfound friends, struggling to keep up with the amount of hellos. Ryder could see the class doors wide and open and he was so close to reaching th-

Ryder could feel his body colliding with another until they were lying on the ground, the smooth hardwood floors scraped against his elbows. They both groaned in unison and he sat up, opening his eyes. A pair of blueish-green eyes were staring right back at him, studying him carefully. "I'm so sorry." Ryder burst into an ocean of apologies.

The girl seemed to snap out of a trance as she gathered her bearings and practically scrambled to get off of him. She wore the usual school uniform. A cream-white button-up shirt, paired with a blue and black skirt. The uniform fit her curved body perfectly and Ryder couldn't tear his eyes away from her.

Ryder noticed that all of her books had been scattered around the hall, leaving her vulnerable to pick them all up. "Let me help you." He said. With a wave of his fingers, all of her papers, binders, and pencils neatly placed themselves in the air before his hand. The girl narrowed his eyes at him, she didn't seem impressed and raised an incredulous eyebrow.

"I don't need help." She sneered, taking her equipment with a wave of her fingers. She's a witch and I'm an idiot, Ryder thought to himself. It wasn't a good thing to be making enemies of witches. He learned that from his sisters.

She walked into the classroom and Ryder followed her. "You're late." The teacher said. He opened his mouth to protest but she simply pointed to a seat in the corner of the class. It was the only empty seat left. The desk was enough for two people and as Ryder sat, he wondered who would be sitting next to him.

His question was answered when the girl from outside sat next to him with a strong grimace. She didn't look too happy to be in his presence. Ryder watched her for a moment, just studying her appearance and stance. She looked forward but he could still catch her beauty with her side profile. Her hair was somewhat curly, and soft drifting down the small of her back.

Her hair wasn't a fairy red but a soft auburn. It looked like a sunset.

"What?" The girl snapped.

Ryder blinked. "Sorry, I'm-" He stammered. "Sorry about what happened outside."

He expected her to roll her eyes at him but she only stared, nodding her head. "It's fine."

He smiled. "I'm Ryder. Ryder Saltz-"

The girl gave him a humorless laugh. "I know who you are." She jeered.

Ryder's smile dropped. She definitely wasn't a fan of him or his family. The second he looked down at her neck, he could tell why. Shit. He wanted to drown more than anything right now. He wanted to drop into the lake with weights and never come back up. Hope Mikealson, was sitting next to him.

He looked forward. "Not a fan?"

"Especially not of your sisters." She spat.

He looked down at her. "What do you mean?"

Josie and Lizzie Saltzman were his half-sisters. He was slightly older than them, at least as old as Hope. He was considered a protector of his sisters. Coming at anyone or anything that would hurt them. Ryder sighed and said, "I know that Lizzie can be rough around the edges-"

Hope scoffed. "Rough around the edges?" She snarled. He could see a flash of orange in her eyes and there he knew he messed up. He could feel the power she held and could wield if she got any angrier. Even now, he could feel the light tingle. She squeezed her eyes. "You're all the same."

He placed a hand against hers, muttering a calming spell. He could feel the anger drifting away. He didn't know how but he could. He felt her pain and her anger. He felt what she felt when his own father passed away years before. Ryder saw himself when he looked at her. Hope snatched her hands away from his. "What did you do?" she whispered.

"A calming spe-"

"Yeah, I know that but why would you do that?"

Ryder took in a breath. "I can see myself in you. I lost my dad a couple of years ago," he admitted. Hope's features softened at his words, "I'm sorry for your loss."

He shrugged. "It's been years." He whispered.

Hope put her hand against his. "That doesn't mean it shouldn't hurt." she breathed.

Ryder nodded. He stared into her eyes for what seemed like an eternity but quickly snapped out of it when the bell rang. They had missed this entire class together. "I'll talk to my sister about going easier on you." He said, gathering his belongings.

Hope scoffed. "Do you what you need to, just make sure to bring a ice when you see her," she said. Ryder didn't get a chance to ask her what she meant before she began walking out of the classroom.

Ryder left the classroom, worried. A storm was brewing in his mind of all the possible things his sister could've said to need ice. When all of the thoughts became too much, Ryder began walking to his sister's room. He stopped in front of the door and knocked twice. Josie opened the door.

"Hey, Ryder what do you need." He didn't anything only answers, he thought to himself as he entered the room. He looked around the twins room until his eyes fell on Lizzie. His golden hair had been pulled into a messy ponytail, an ice pack to her face indeed.

Damn, Hope fucked her up.

"Ryder, this isn't a good time." Lizzie brushed him off, seeming to understand his motives

Ryder shook his head and took a step closer to his sister. "What did you say to Hope?" He asked. He refused to cross his arms. Anything to not seem like a dad and not a worried brother.

Lizzie stared at him. "How do you know what happened between me and Hope? Please don't tell me she told you." she muttered in annoyance.

Ryder rolled his eyes and faced his sister. "It doesn't matter. What happened?"

Lizzie shrugged. "Just telling her the truth,"

Josie snapped. "By telling her that everyone is thankful that her father is dead?" she seethed, shocked by the blonde's words.

"It's true, isn't it? The guy was a psychopath and let's be honest, we all wish he took his family with him." She seethed, wincing as she pressed the bag further to her eye.

Anger flooded through Ryder's veins. He couldn't believe the words coming out of his sister's mouth. How could she say something so ludicrous when she knows the history of his own family. Is that how she thinks of his father? He couldn't tell, not anymore at least.

"God, Lizzie, do you hear yourself talking right now. I get that you hate her father, and yeah but maybe everyone is happy he's gone but saying that to Hope? That's cruel." he snarled. "You're cruel. I can't stop thinking if that's how you feel about my family."

"I don't." she insisted.

"Prove it." He challenged. "Apologize to Hope."

With her silence, that was all Ryder needed to walk out that room and not look back.

Hey guys so it's been a while😭 I hope you're liking the rewrite so far and the new aesthetic.

Tell me your thoughts in the comments!!

LOVE YAH

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.2K 241 21
"If only you'd accept my love, Taehyung. I'm sick of being used, I told you that already!" You arrive in the neighbourhood. You meet the hottest man...
1.1M 45.6K 52
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
347K 3.5K 89
Preferences and imagines for TVD and TO. Requests closed🩸! Recontinued - 04/02/2021. 🏆1 in TVDFOREVER #TVDAWARDS
605K 13.6K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.