Code V | BTS

By loriku

"I think it's okay for us to start living." ***** In a fanfiction univ... More

code v.
0.
1.
2.
3
4.
5.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.

6.

328 36 13
By loriku

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

It took Clarity a good half an hour to drag Min Yoongi's unconscious body onto the nearest couch.

Exhausted, her legs gave up as she fell onto the chair behind her, mentally cursing Seokjin's abnormally large dwelling.

Eyeing the man who was slumped over the couch, Clarity shook her head. Sure, many fanfictions depicted Yoongi as a lazy, cold character, but this was too much.

How enigmatic does someone have to be in order to fall asleep in the middle of the ground?

In To Be His Possession, Yoongi was Bangtan Co.'s prodigy hacker. Holding even more of a mysterious position than Taehyung, he was a total social recluse. Under the code name, Suga, people rarely saw nor knew about him, as his existence was considered as the company's secret weapon. According to the author, his personality descriptions were: lazy, blunt, and into cats. Clarity sighed.

You really couldn't achieve anything in fanfictions these days without having some quirky character traits.

Ruffling her hair in frustration, she then saw a rustling movement from the corner of her eye. Immediately, Clarity rushed to the couch only to see Yoongi pulling himself up, groggily glancing around his surrounding. Suspicion rose upon him when he noticed an unfamiliar woman staring at him with anticipation. In response to his confusion, Clarity rose her hands in front of her chest in defence.

"My name is Clarity Moon, and I am Mister Seokjin's new secretary," she quickly explained, "I saw you unconscious on the ground when I came back, so I took you to where you are now."

In his currently disoriented state, Yoongi seemed to be buffering as he slowly processed her every word. Clarity, on the other hand, took his silence as an invitation to continue.

"This may not be my place to say but... You shouldn't be sleeping in the middle of the room like that. It looked quite worrying," she smiled kindly, speaking in a way someone would explain common sense to a child—which was how she saw him. In Clarity's eyes, this Yoongi, along with the rest of the BTS cast, were just a characters from a cliched book that was lacking human logic.

Satisfied at her tactful suggestion, she glanced up only to see Yoongi stare at her as if she was insane.

"Did it appear to you like I was sleeping on the floor?" he said incredulously, "in the middle of the entrance hall?"

Dumbfounded, Clarity watched as the man lifted his light-coloured hair that covered the nape of his neck. She gasped as it revealed a large, swollen patch of red.

Obviously annoyed at her naive reaction, Yoongi strained his neck from side to side to make sure it was still intact, grimacing at the sharp pain. He then yanked out his phone from his pocket, angrily punching in digits on the number pad.

"W-what happened to your neck?" Clarity stuttered, too shocked to think properly.

"What happened...you ask?" Putting down his phone, Yoongi repeated her question. Then with a patient (not) smile, he spoke to her in a way someone would explain common sense to a child.

"I was attacked, dumbass!"

—(_)—

"So you heard a sound at the entrance, came down because you thought I was home with fried chicken, and was assaulted by the intruder?"

Sitting on the bed as he was surrounded by the members, Yoongi nodded with a huff, not forgetting to shoot a glare towards Clarity's direction. Lifting an eyebrow at the light-haired man's discontentment, Seokjin turned towards the girl. His sharp gaze told Clarity that he wanted an explanation.

"This may sound bizarre and illogical—" she commenced carefully, trying to not sound like an absolute fool, "—but I really did think he was sleeping. I heard rumours that everyone in Bangtan Co. were very, uh, peculiar individuals, so I guess that presumption clouded my rationality."

She turned to Yoongi in a 90-degrees bow. "Sir, I am so sorry."

In the corner of the room, Hoseok stood silently with his back towards the group, struggling to contain his laughter.

"This is why you should go out more, Yoongi." Ignoring the man's piercing glares, Jimin bursted out laughing, clenching his stomach as his back curled over. "You have such an unique reputation to the public that people must think you're a cat or something."

Her mind flashing back to all the Twitter memes in the other world, Clarity gulped.

"My apologies. You must have been startled, with this being your first day of work and all." Seokjin turned to her with an empathetic look.

Slightly taken back at his unexpected attitude, Clarity frantically shook her head. "Not at all, sir! It was partially my fault for jumping to conclusions."

How should she put it—she would have expected this Jin to be more... authoritative, taken in context of the plot and all. His stark contrast from earlier in the day was almost a baffling phenomenon as Clarity witnessed his seamless adjustment from the CEO of Bangtan Corporation to Kim Seokjin, a brotherly figure to the rest of his members.

"Come to think of it." Yoongi glanced around the room. "Where's Taehyung?"

"He went chasing for the culprit," Seokjin explained as he took a seat by one of the chairs. "You know that's how he is. Plus, the culprit must have had some skills to be able to sneak into the house like that."

"Could it be... Senyu Corporation?" Clarity asked.

"Possibly, but not necessarily," Jimin shrugged. "After all, although they're one of our rivals, they're definitely not the only one."

The weight of his words pushed the room back into silence, as everyone was secretly aware of the ugly truth behind that statement.

"Oh man, let's stop talking about work at two in the morning." Out of nowhere, Jimin pulled out a bucket of family-sized fried chicken. "Instead, let's have some midnight snack!"

Yoongi's eyes visibly brightened at the sight of the food, and from his gaze Clarity caught a glimpse of the 26-year-old rapper from BTS. As he reached for a drumstick, the lid was closed shut by Seokjin's palm.

"Before you stuff your face with carbs, promise me that you'll definitely be careful from now on. Either go out, or lock yourself in the three-layered security door to your room. Don't just hang around the living room," Seokjin scolded, raising an eyebrow.

Yoongi rolled his eyes dramatically. "What? So I'm not allowed to take a stroll in my own house now?"

"Hey—it's my house too!" Hoseok exclaimed.

"Mine too," Jimin added.

Clarity blinked twice. "You all live together?"

"Yeah, what about it?" The boys answered in unison.

"Why would anyone choose to live by themselves? That's just lonely," Jimin shuddered, gaining mutters of approval from the others.

Their matter-of-fact tone brought upon a wave of nostalgia, unconsciously warming her heart. As she watched the boys bicker, she felt an unexplainable feeling of homesickness. This was a scene that she had witnessed countless times in BTS's documentaries, variety shows, and daily blooper videos. Without herself realizing, a smile had made its way up to her face.

Despite being in another world, taking on a another identity, and living another life—some things haven't changed.

━━━━━━━━(*:・。.)━━━━━━━━

hey everyone! i hope you are all doing well and keeping safe.
i must say this story is progressing way smoother than expected so i think i may actually be able to keep a regular updating schedule ahaha

regardless, please look forward to the next chapter and leave in the comments any questions or feedback you have on the story so far!

see you soon,
lori

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.7K 897 13
a book where y/n chooses to stay with vampires. "you make me happy Y/N! you make all of us happy! you cant just go!" this book is being redone
19.5K 1.3K 19
If you found the right person, there's no need to worry about your black and white life - a jimin fanfiction
1.1M 44K 31
"I killed my entire family. Imagine what I could do to you." What scared me the most was how calmly he spoke as he continued to blow smoke out from...
213 23 20
"It's not always pretty." If she thought she was the one to help, her life was about to change, she became her own main character. | contains mature...