Icy like diamonds || Ryeji

By itzyau

Arranged marriage AU Shin Ryujin, the girl surrounded by rumors, finds herself in an arranged marriage with H... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Part 2

chapter 34

6.4K 370 420
By itzyau

Ryujin found herself at a random bar with Jiu. Laughing and talking about anything that came to their mind. It was easy to talk to her and perhaps the fact she spent most of the time being ignored by Yeji, only made her want to socialize with someone even more.

"How are things with Yeji?" her ex suddenly asked, making her frown.

She supposed they couldn't avoid the subject forever. Finishing the drink in hand as if motivation to finally speak about it.

"Awful. As you could probably tell." she admitted, offering the other a smile but it didn't look genuine enough to fool anyone. Especially not someone who knew her as well as Jiu did.

"That bad?"

She only nodded.

After a few seconds of silence with neither of them knowing exactly what to say, she spoke again. Her words clearly influenced by the alcohol she had been consuming for hours now.

"I think she has someone else." she admitted, thinking about Yeji with that guy she had never seen before. It made sense though, she had suggested it after all. It's not as if Ryujin herself hadn't agreed to that. In fact, it was her fault it was happening. She shouldn't and had no right to be mad or upset about it. Yet, it bothered her. She couldn't just sit there and pretend it didn't.

"Seriously?" Jiu almost sounded upset for her until Ryujin chuckled and placed a hand over hers, calming her down.

"I suggested it." she explained. "I thought it would be best if we found someone that made us happy since we don't get along. I suppose she already found her person."

Jiu seemed to relax but she could feel the pity in the way she looked at her and Ryujin hated it. One thing she couldn't stand was being pitied by others.

"Stop looking at me that way." she waved her hand before offering her a smile. Gesturing for the bartender to refill her drink again. "I'm annoyed she found someone first but that's all."

Her ex didn't seem to believe it but eventually shrugged it off, which she was thankful for. "If you say so."

She only hummed in response. Texting Yeji that she should just go home without her and she would meet her there. Not caring if the other took it negatively that she abandoned the event.

In all likelihood she hadn't even noticed her absence.

They continued to drink until Ryujin pulled out her phone to check if Yeji had replied. Seeing that she hadn't, Ryujin frowned. Finally deciding to open the messages Lia had sent her earlier.

She locked her phone and smiled at Jiu who was already staring at her.

Ryujin was tired of sacrificing her fun for Yeji who seemed to do whatever the hell she wanted.

If Yeji could flirt and get touchy with some random guy at a public event then surely Ryujin could do the same at some dim lit bar where nobody recognized her.

"Let's have fun." she suggested to Jiu who only smiled in response. Ryujin looking as mischievous as ever.

After a few hours, Ryujin found herself struggling to walk through the drive away, leaning onto Jiu who was struggling all the same. Both girls laughing loudly while shushing each other. Neither being particularly quiet or sneaky. They were holding onto each other as they reached the front door and Ryujin spent a full minute trying to get her key to open the door in front of them, struggling to do so which only amused Jiu.

"I have to go." the other girl announced, the moment Ryujin managed to open the door. Looking back at the cab that had taken them there.

Ryujin nodded, balancing herself by holding to the doorknob and smiling drunkenly at the girl.

Then the other kissed her. It was quick, almost too quick to miss. Much quicker than their kisses had been when they were at the bar earlier.

She didn't get to respond to the sudden action because Jiu quickly walked away, visibly struggling to do so. Something that amused her to the point of watching her with a smile.

That's when someone cleared their throat from behind her, causing Ryujin to nearly jump at the sudden presence.

"Jesus." she yelled, placing a shaking hand on her chest before glaring at Yeji who was standing near the entrance.

She didn't say a word but Ryujin could feel that glare. She almost looked mad and it made her roll her eyes. Was she mad because she ditched her? Or because she was doing the same that Yeji had been doing with that guy she saw her with?

Ryujin couldn't help the disgusted face she made at the thought of Yeji kissing him.

She closed the door behind her, nearly falling over her own feet but catching herself before connecting to the floor.

"How much did you drink?" Yeji asked, but it didn't sound like a question. It sounded like she was judging her.

Rolling her eyes before hitting Yeji's hand away from her, because Yeji had tried to catch her when she noticed her falling over, Ryujin walked to the kitchen. "What are you? My mom?"

"You're even more insufferable when drunk."

To which she scoffed, trying to pour a glass of water for herself but having to allow Yeji to help. While protesting the entire time she did so.

"Stop helping." she muttered, grabbing the glass of water from the older girl. "Go back to your floor."

"I'd rather not have you drunkenly making a mess of my house so I think i'll stay."

"I don't want you to stay." The words didn't come easily, stuttering and dragging each word way too much.

Yeji only rolled her eyes while placing the now empty glass on the sink.

They stared at each other. Ryujin in her drunken state not realizing she was staring and Yeji debating on whether or not to say the next few words. Eventually settling on doing so.

"I think I hate you." she finally let out, surprising both of them.

"What?" Ryujin's voice was only a whisper but in the silence of the night it was easily heard by the other.

"I didn't hate you before but I think I hate you now."

Ryujin chuckled, placing a finger on Yeji's shoulder and pushing her once. "You're-" her words were suddenly interrupted when someone else spoke.

"Yeji, is everything alright?"

Ryujin turned around, even in her drunken state she knew what she had heard. The voice of a man. One she couldn't recognize.

She wished it was all in her mind but there he was. The guy she had seen with Yeji earlier. The one she had spoken and laughed with. Now out of his suit and wearing something else. Indicating he was staying over.

Her mind couldn't really process what that meant in that moment or how to respond to it.

She couldn't make sense of it all and maybe, she didn't want to.

"It's fine. Just go upstairs, i'll be there in a second."

Ryujin didn't even look at Yeji when she spoke, still staring at the guy standing in the kitchen's entrance.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, she's sure." Ryujin interrupted their conversation, laughing at how stupid she felt. "Go on you two. I don't want to interrupt whatever you were doing." she mumbled, starting to walk out of the kitchen and glaring once she was next to the guy. He was much taller than her but that didn't keep her from looking at him with anger in her eyes.

She could hear Yeji following her and then she looked back, watching as the other girl placed a hand on the guy's arm as if to offer some comfort.

Scoffing she couldn't help but to feel envious. She should be the one being offered such gesture, not him. What did he need to be comforted about? He's the one sleeping with her fiancée. She's the only one getting fucked over in this situation.

"I'll help-"

Pushing Yeji's hand away from her, Ryujin glared at her. She wanted to leave their presence but she would not take Yeji's help to do so. Instead she slowly zig zagging her way to the elevator. Leaving the other two to watch her walk away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

636K 26.6K 52
Shin Ryujin is a successful solo artist, best known in her home country, South Korea. Hwang Yeji is her new manager, who happens to also be Ryujin's...
27.1K 1.6K 36
Where Ryujin tells her love story.
14.4K 707 28
An AU where Hwang Yeji is the Student Council President and Shin Ryujin is the Head Photojournalist of their university paper. "Can we stay like this...
28.3K 1.5K 10
During a 10 years reunion after high school, Ryujin and Yeji reunite