Start to Something New

By JazzyTheGryffindor

Do you like Musicals? You know... like High School Musical, AVPM (A Very Potter Musical), Annie, Hamlet, Wick... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6

Chapter 5

34 3 2
By JazzyTheGryffindor

Harry was beaming with excitement the rest of the weekend. He couldn't wait till the date with Draco. Tea with the most spectacular, stunning, handsome guy in the entire world? Merlin, if he said that to his 14-year-old self, his 14-year-old self would laugh in his face. All he did was daydream about the date, what could happen and when he'll have his first kiss with Draco. Of course, he had his first kiss with Ginny, and that was okay. He just wants his other first kiss to be with Draco and he wants to know what it's like, what the other man's lips feel like on his own.

Hermione kept buggering him about his date, and what he would wear, where they were going for their date. She didn't hear that much, only about a muggle restaurant or two. She was so proud of Harry, for taking the lead and asking Draco out.

And Ron, even if he dislikes Draco, accepts the fact that his best mate likes the Slytherin. He may not trust Draco as much as Hermione and Harry does, but he'll do everything he can to befriend the snake for Harry.

On Monday before the date, Harry decided to go check up on his godson, Teddy and of course, have a little chat with Andromeda. She's a sweet lady, very nice. He's always wondered what Draco's mother could be like. Could she be kind like Andromeda? Or like Lucius.

He remembers the time during the war, when he was faking his death and Draco's mother came up from behind and asked if her son was okay. Such a dark time of his life, besides Sirius' death. Even the thought of Draco, back then, dead, really saddened him. Yes, they never got along well during school, but he did care for the Slytherin. Why wouldn't he? He cares about everyone around him, no matter how rude they are. But Draco's note rude, he's actually very sweet.

Walking up the steps to the Tonk's household, excitement overwhelming at the thought of seeing little Teddy again, Harry knocked on the door.

The door opened, but it wasn't Andromeda who opened the door. To Harry's surprise, it was Draco's mother, Narcissa Malfoy.

Narcissa paled at the sight of the younger boy her son's age. But she put on a smile as she knew how much his son cared for Harry. Harry this and Harry that. "Harry Potter, how wonderful it is to see you."

"As it is, Mrs Malfoy," said Harry, smiling at her. He suddenly felt a little nervous. This was Draco's mother he was talking to. The one who will accept him for liking her son if he impresses her well enough to give him her blessings to date Draco. "I'm actually here to see Teddy, but I'd love to have a chat with you as well."

"I would certainly love that," said Narcissa with a polite smile back. She opened the door and stepped back to let him in. "Why don't you come inside, it's quite chilly out there." But then she paused, she never liked being called by her marital name. it made her feel old. "Oh, and please call me Narcissa."

Harry smiled with a nod and entered the house, walking right past her. But as he heard the door close, he turned to her. "So, your son, Draco..." He wanted to know what Draco likes to do. "What does he really enjoy doing?"

Narcissa beamed at him and let out a small chuckle. "Harry, that's for you to find out on your date on Tuesday. But he does love his wine, just like his father."

"You know when our date is?" asked Harry. But then he felt a little stupid at what he said. Of course, Narcissa would know! Draco probably would have told her. The thought of Draco made him blush, especially when thinking about how Draco would talk to Narcissa about him and the date on Tuesday.

"I know when my son's plans are, Harry," said Narcissa. Her smile only widened at him. "You know, he talks about you a lot to Andromeda and me."

Harry's blush darkened, not thinking that himself would be a topic that Draco would like to talk about. "Does he now?" He rubbed the back of his neck and smiled shyly.

"Oh, he does," said Narcissa. "He never stops. Even during his school years, he talked about you. It was just continuous, and Lucius found it undeniably annoying. I found it adorable. 'Wonderful Potter, with his scar, smile and broomstick'." She chuckled at the sweet little memories. "Honestly, I knew something inside my Dragon blossomed whenever he talked about you as a child. It was never out or hatred, more like...love."

"He's really such a lovely guy," Harry said sweetly. But as much as he would love to continue hearing about Draco, he has a godson he wants to see again.

Narcissa patted him on the shoulder, knowing who Harry was really here to see. But she enjoyed getting to know this Harry. "Teddy's upstairs in his bedroom if you wanted to see him."

"Thanks, Narcissa," said Harry kindly. "You can come with me if you'd like. I would enjoy the company."

Narcissa looked as if she was considering this. She then smiled with a slight nod. "That would be most lovely."

They headed up the wooden stairs to the second floor of the household. Harry smiled at the white door with a little green Dragon on it. It reminded him of the blonde Slytherin he really likes. The blonde Slytherin he's going on a date with tomorrow.

Harry twisted the white doorknob to the right and opened the door. The first thing he saw was a happy beaming face and a child's voice yelling, "HAWWY!" Harry chuckled at his godson, and how the little wizard's hair turned a bright pink. "Hey there, Teddy." He picked Teddy up when he came running up to him. "How's my little squirt doing?"

"Great!" said Teddy, tightening his grip on Harry's torso. "I missed you, Hawwy."

"Missed you too, Teddy," said Harry, smiling at how tightly this little child could hug. He was like a little hugging machine. He turned his head to the side a little, seeing Narcissa smiling at him. He smiled back at her and ended the hug with Teddy, who's hair was now a purple colour, much like his mother's was.

"Ah, son," said Narcissa. And Harry turned around at the mention of 'son'. It couldn't be... Nope, it was definitely Draco Malfoy in the same room as him and Teddy.

Harry and Draco just stared at each other for a few minutes, then they smiled. Harry was a little shy now, his face felt like it was burning, and his heart hammered against his chest. He didn't think that Draco would come over, but he was Teddy's uncle. Why wouldn't be here to see his own nephew? Oh god, Draco was here. He swallowed down the nerves, the fluttering in his stomach intensifying as he admired how neatly styled Draco's blonde hair was, and his silver eyes, his handsome appearance. Harry hoped he wasn't drooling.

Draco looked away from Harry with a blush forming on his neck and rushing up to his face when knowing Harry was staring. He looked to his godson and smiled. "Hello, Teddy."

"UNCLE DWACO!" Teddy ran into Draco's arms and giggled when Draco picked him up. His hair turned the exact same colour as Draco's, and that just made Harry melt with happiness and it nearly made him giggle. "By the way, your face is weally red."

"Um... Thanks, Teddy." Draco's face only reddened a little more, especially at Harry's smile which the Gryffindor gave him. Merlin, that perfect mouth and lips that looks so kissable and soft.

"You're welcome, uncle Dwaco!" said Teddy enthusiastically with a giggle. And while they hugged, Harry wondered how comfortable and warm Draco's hugs were. Was he soft like a teddy bear or rough? But by the look on Teddy's face, he feels like they've got to be really good hugs. Now he wants a hug from the Slytherin.

Harry just ended up hugging himself while staring at Draco and Teddy, but his eyes mainly rested on Draco. Such perfect whitish blonde hair, pale pointy face, soft skin, stunning silver eyes, lips that look so darn kissable and soft to the touch. Appearance that looks just so mesmerizing, so cute, so...

Teddy turned his head to the side and grinned at Harry, who he caught staring at his uncle. Then he leaned forward to whisper into Draco's ear, "Hawwy is staring at you."

Draco smiled and looked towards Harry, who was staring at him with those unnaturally bright emerald green eyes. Such a really pretty colour, almost like the Slytherin green but a little lighter.

"Tea and biscuits anyone?" Andromeda walked in the room with a small tray of biscuits and a white floating kettle with a few mugs. Even if nobody asked, the mugs were floating towards everyone slowly as the kettle began to fill each mug up with boiling water.

"COOKIES!" Teddy squealed and ran to the floating biscuit tray, grabbing as many as he could but when he went for a third, Andromeda lifted the tray up over his head so he couldn't grab anymore and shook her head. Teddy pouted, sighed, and began eating one of the cookies he had.

"Oh, what flavour?" Narcissa asked when staring down into the mug she received from her sister. The liquid looked a little red, like wine, but definitely not wine.

"Jasmine and rose tea," said Andromeda, the tray of biscuits now levitating up in the air in the middle of the room. Harry sniffed his tea, definitely scenting the rose and a bit of jasmine. He took a sip and rose his eyebrows with delight. He's never had this kind of tea before. Peppermint, herbal, Chamomile, and breakfast tea, yes, just not this rich tea. He wondered what other teas he could try.

"So, Harry," said Narcissa, grabbing a biscuit from the tray and dipped it in her tea. "What profession do you want?"

Harry shrugged. "Maybe an Auror. I don't know. People expect me to still save the wizarding world, but I don't know if I want to do that or not. Just surviving from Lord Voldemort was hard enough but putting myself in more danger by becoming an Auror and making more enemies." He took a quick sip from his tea. "No thank you."

"Oh, that's deep," said Andromeda, taking a sip from her own tea. "I knew my daughter was in danger by being an Auror, but I never knew it was that dangerous."

"I mean, I really like helping people," added Harry with a slight frown. "But I don't want to continuously save them. The other Aurors can do that, they're the professionals." He sighed and looked into his cup of tea. "Maybe I want to live a slightly normal life and become a Hogwarts professor? It hasn't been one of my dreams, but it sounds nice. Hogwarts needs a Defence teacher anyway."

Draco stared incredulously at Harry, not believing that Harry could ever think of not becoming an Auror. Becoming a professor, though, that was something new to hear. But it made sense. He just wants to live a normal life too, get a stable job, be with a guy ... and to get married ... raise kids with a guy. It's all he wants in life.

"So, Harry, I heard you cook," said Draco, smirking at the memory of talking to Hermione about this topic.

Narcissa and Andromeda raised their delicate eyebrows at Harry in surprise. Only Andromeda knew how to cook food the muggle way, Narcissa obviously doesn't as her food's already on the dining table whenever she enters the dining room.

Harry flushed and nodded, rubbing the back of his neck. "Yeah, me and my best friend like to split up the meals we make. I do Monday's, she does Tuesday, and it continues on like that."

"Oh, how marvellous!" beamed Narcissa. "Tell us. Do you cook with or without magic?"

"Uhm... without magic," said Harry. "I cook the muggle way with my muggleborn friend. I find it calming rather than doing it the magical way because I'm actually doing something than letting my magic do it for me."

"That makes sense," said Narcissa with a nod. "I garden to calm myself down. But I don't get down in the dirt and mess my nails and hands up. I prefer them clean even if a simple spell could remove the dirt and smell from my fingers and hands."

Teddy stared off into space, his eyes half open and he began to doze off from boredom. But before Teddy began to actually fall asleep standing up with a cookie in his hand, Harry grabbed him and hauled him up onto his waist. Teddy grinned and hugged Harry's torso tightly, his legs wrapped around the other side of Harry so he couldn't somehow fall off. Then he leaned towards Harry's cheek and planed a big kiss to it. "Mwah!"

Narcissa, Andromeda and Draco chuckled at Teddy, while Harry was just trying not to look at Draco and just wish the Slytherin could kiss his cheek, just like at the bar. He could feel Teddy's lingering sloppy kiss on his cheek.

Draco came over to Harry and whispered something quietly and unintelligible about Harry into Teddy's ear. The younger wizard grinned and nodded at Draco while Harry was just confused and a little curious about what these two wizards were going to do. But then Draco walked around to Harry's other side and planted a kiss to Harry's cheek while Teddy did the same but to the other cheek.

Harry gasped silently and blushed, not because of Teddy, obviously, but from Draco's kiss. Those soft, warm lips of Draco's left him speechless and the two mothers were giggling at him. He could have accidentally dropped Teddy, but he was glad he didn't. He just wanted to grab Draco's face and just kiss it, but he wanted his first kiss with Draco to be something to really remember, something romantic.

Now Teddy was giggling too as he leaned away. But then Harry's watch started beeping, and Teddy frowned, knowing that meant his godfather had to go. He hugged him tightly, not wanting Harry to go. "Hawwy, please don't go."

"Sorry, Ted," said Harry as he hugged his godson back. "I have to get home to make dinner, unless Hermione's already cooked it which I hope she didn't." He didn't realize he was going off topic. "It's my turn to cook." He placed Teddy back down on the floor and gave his whitish blonde hair, which then changed to a blue colour, a gentle ruffle. "I'll come back in two days' time."

"Do you promise?" Teddy asked and started up at him with his puppy dog eyes and Harry hated that he had to leave.

"Yes, Teddy," Harry assured the little wizard with a nod and a gentle squeeze to his little shoulder. "I promise."

Teddy held out his pinkie finger with a smile. "Pinkie promise?"

Harry looked down at the little pinkie finger his godson held out to him and smiled. He didn't think Andromeda knew of the Pinkie Promise gesture that muggles do. He shrugged it off, bent down and curled his own pinkie finger around Teddy's. "I pinkie promise."

Teddy threw his arms around Harry again for another hug, and Harry sighed and looked up at the two older woman who smiled back at him from on the other side of the room. "Ted, I really have to go now."

"I know, Hawwy," said Teddy a little sadly but looked as if he were trying to hide the sadness. He let go of the hug but placed his hands on Harry's shoulders. "I will see you soon."

"You most definitely will," said Harry softy. He stood up and moved a little away from his godson. "I guess I'll see you both soon," he said to the two older witches. Then he turned to face Draco, his smile only widening. "And I'll see you tomorrow, Draco."

"Will do," said Draco, nodding slightly. "I'll pick you up at 7:40 in the morning, and you better be dressed once I get there," he added with a little bit of a stern voice.

Harry quickly nodded, now knowing of the other side of Draco. it wasn't scary, nor was it calm. But he loved it. "I will be. And 7:40 on the dot."

Draco raised his pinkie finger just to irritate Harry a little bit, and smirked. "Do you-"

Harry rolled his eyes and pinkie swore to him quickly. "I have to go," he said when staring down at Draco's hand, which the black Malfoy ring still lay on. He blinked and looked up into Draco's silver eyes which sparkled from the artificial light. "Goodbye everyone!"

"Bye, Hawwy!" said Teddy with a little wave of his hand.

"Goodbye, Harry," said Draco and gave Harry's forehead a quick kiss, which made the Gryffindor blush with a dark and noticeable red.

Nobody likes an angry Hermione, and Harry doesn't want to get home late or that part of Hermione erupts and he knows he'll go down in hell while Ron just watches from the side with that darn face that literally says that he is totally not there and wishes him luck if he survives Hermione's angry ranting.

"Oh, erm..." Harry stood by the door of the bedroom but hesitated when looking at Narcissa and Andromeda. He didn't want to sound rude by not asking them for hugs. "Do you ladies want a hug too?"

Andromeda just smiled and opened her arms wide for a hug from Harry, and Harry went for a quick hug. The familiar scent of cherries filled his nostrils from Andromeda, and from Narcissa, coconut. Honestly, women have the best perfume. Why can't someone make guy cologne smell like cherry's, roses, or something nice? But the smell he loved the best is from Draco. that rich smell of citrus and Vanilla. He leaned away from the hugs, bid them all farewell and exited from the bedroom.

When Harry went down to the front door and apparated back to 12 Grimmauld Place, the first person he sees in the kitchen is Hermione. He gulped down the fear of her lashing out at him and tried his best to tiptoe past her into the kitchen.

"Harry, you're a little late." Hermione was in the loungeroom on one of the dark armchairs sipping her tea casually. "Care to explain?"

Harry took a deep breath and started from the beginning when he first walked into the Tonk's household.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.9K 2.4K 42
War is over...Hogwarts is rebuild and every 8th year should return to finish their education...Harry and Draco As well ...Its final year and Draco ne...
427K 15K 45
READ THIS!!! [completed] *currently re writing and fixing mistakes that my 11 year old self made* This is a cuteness over load of a baby Draco story...
640K 22.6K 65
So these are just random Drarry stories. I don't know how often I will update or what kind of stories they will be but I will take requests! Also som...