Start to Something New

By JazzyTheGryffindor

Do you like Musicals? You know... like High School Musical, AVPM (A Very Potter Musical), Annie, Hamlet, Wick... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5

Chapter 6

45 1 11
By JazzyTheGryffindor

Harry groaned and threw his beeping alarm across the room. It was magically made so it didn't break when it hit the wall. Then he remembered what day it was. It was the day he goes out with Draco. He smiled as he hopped out of bed and searched his closet for something to wear. He started to get anxious a little, wondering what he could wear on the date with Draco. A suit? Uh, no, too fancy.

"HERMIONE!" He yelled, needing help to pick out his clothes for the date. But he knew he should be able to do this, to find something to wear. He wasn't this nervous when dressing for Ginny. It was always simple, a pair of pants and a shirt but it all depends on the weather. Today, as he looked outside his bedroom window, he could see a nice blue sky with a few clouds floating by. The birds outside in the trees were chirping happily, and Harry shook his head knowing he was getting distracted. But as he turned around, Hermione was already in his room, in her light purple pyjamas and looked sleepy but irritated. Oops, thought Harry and slowly backed up to his closet.

"What did you have to wake me up at six in the morning for?" Hermione asked with a scowl, the pillow in her hand loosely gripped by her arms.

"I-, I need to find something to wear for Draco," Harry stammered and turned back to his closet, which had a lot of clothes that he was used to. He was lucky Hermione went shopping with him a couple months ago, so he got clothes that actually fit him and nothing that belonged to Dudley.

"You had to wake me up this early in the morning to find clothes?!" Hermione asked him, her irritation clear in her face as she pressed her lips together. "Honestly, Harry!" She threw her pillow at Harry, who just blocked it by crossing his arms in front of his head, and she stormed over to Harry's closet. She looked through the closet, aggressively pulling clothes to the side on the rack until she pulled out a dark green turtleneck sweater and black jeans. She walked up to Harry and shoved the clothes into his chest. "Now if you don't mind, I am going back to bed."

Hermione didn't say anything else as she stormed out of Harry's bedroom, but when Harry sighed in relief, she came back in muttering, "Forgot my pillow," then left his room again without a glance.

Harry groaned, he still had to find shoes to wear. Shoes! He just picked up a pair of sneakers and decided that's what he'll wear, as well as the dark green turtleneck sweater and black jeans.

After having a shower and getting ready, he went to the kitchen to have a quick breakfast. But he hesitated when grabbing the milk for his porridge. The date was at 8:30 in the morning, which was pretty much breakfast time. He put the milk and oatmeal away and headed to the bathroom to brush his teeth.

As he brushed his teeth, he pondered what Draco has planned. He said a restaurant, but which one? There are thousands of restaurants in London. Actually, does Draco even know where 12 Grimmauld Place is? Dang it! This was bad. How would Draco even find him?

Harry paused as he heard the doorbell ring. He spat out the toothpaste, gathered some water in his mouth and spat it out. He cleaned his toothbrush and rushed out of the bathroom, down the stairs and towards the front door. He checked himself out in the mirror just a few meters away from the door, looked at his teeth and nodded in approval.

Harry went to the door and opened it with a smile. He was stunned at Draco's appearance, as always. Blonde hair shining from the morning sunlight and it just made Harry's insides melt, lips that look so soft and kissable... He was getting carried away. How did Draco even know where 12 Grimmauld Place was? "Good morning, Draco." Then Harry saw the large picnic basket in Draco's hand and raised an eyebrow.

"Morning, Harry," said Draco with his own smile. But his charming smile that made Harry's insides flutter. "Are you ready?"

Harry nodded, but he was still confused to what they were doing. "Yes, but what am I ready for?" Now he just sounded stupid. He knew what Draco meant. The date. "Sorry, yes I am ready."

"Good." Draco held out his arm, and Harry paused for just a second then knew Draco wanted to apparate. When Harry placed his arm on Draco's, he apparated away and into a garden, which had a picnic blanket already there.

Harry stared at the black and red picnic blanket. But the thing that made this picnic even more romantic was the garden they were in. But, where were they? What garden were they in? This looked nothing like the London gardens. Then he noticed the large historic structure just a few thirty meters, by his calculations, away from them. It was Malfoy Manor.

Harry had no idea that Malfoy manor had a garden. He just thought it was just a manor on a large plot of land, but as he looked around, he began to see a couple of greenhouses in the distance, a little hedge maze with a water fountain in the middle, a blank space of land which Harry thought would be a place to play quidditch. Malfoy Manor was stunning! He remembered the large, dark, and dreary manor he once saw two years ago. That's what he thought Malfoy Manor was, not this stunning place. He underestimated Lucius Malfoy; it looks like. Unless this was all Narcissa's planning.

"This is beautiful, Draco," Harry said, his eyebrows raised in amazement and decided to start a conversation.

"Yeah," Draco agreed with a quick nod and placed the picnic basket down on the picnic blanket. He started getting all the food out of the basket and spreading it out on the blanket. "Firstly, I'm sorry it had to be at the manor instead of some garden elsewhere. I just didn't want people to steal anything."

Harry shook his head at Draco's apology and sat down with him, the smell of the foods was delicious, and he couldn't wait to have this delicious looking breakfast. "Don't apologize, Draco. This is magnificent and nothing I've ever experienced."

"The gardens were my favourite part about the manor as I grew up," Draco added and set out the pastries and croissants. "It made the manor look a little less depressing."

"How long have the gardens been here?" Harry then asked. He reached his hand out towards a croissant, wanting some food but hesitated and looked up at Draco for approval. When the Slytherin nodded and opened the jam and Nutella, Harry grabbed a croissant and spread some jam onto it. Raspberry jam and croissant are delicious!

"Since it was built," said Draco, staring at Harry eating the croissant and smiled, knowing his picnic impressed the green-eyed Gryffindor. "Mother decided on the gardens. She has the greenhouses south west from here and the hedge maze. Father has his wine cellar and office, but he likes the gardens."

"Oh," Harry said, surprised that Lucius would actually like gardens, something that's just so lovely. "I saw a field the size of the Quidditch pitch. Is that where you play and train?"

Draco nodded and grabbed himself a croissant. "Yes. When I was younger my father trained and taught me how to play Quidditch. He would have hired me a professional Quidditch trainer but decided that his own tactics would be better. And believe it or not, my mother actually knew a few things or two about Quidditch."

"She played?" Harry asked, staring incredulously at Draco from what he was told.

Draco smiled at him and shook his head. It was a funny thought though, thinking about his own mother playing Quidditch. "No, mother never played. None of my Aunts did, only cousins, uncles, father's. You know, just the men in my family."

Harry nodded and grabbed himself an English Breakfast Muffin which he spread butter on. "My father played, same with Sirius and Remus. Best on the Gryffindor team."

"Like father like son," said Draco, pouring them both some wine. But he looked up at Harry in approval, "You don't mind, do you? Having wine."

Harry shook his head, he liked wine, but he never had much of it before. He remembered when Sirius slipped him some wine under Mrs Weasley's nose a couple years ago. The last trick made by a Marauder, sadly. "I don't mind at all."

"Whenever I have kids, I guess they would acquire my Quidditch skills," said Draco, picking up his glass of wine. "I'd at least like to have a couple of kids, instead of one like it's some tradition."

Harry nearly spat out his wine at this information. Kids? He hadn't even thought about having kids ever. That was just a future thought, something that his mind would decide for him. "Yeah, same..." He didn't know what to say and how to reply. "I wouldn't mind if my kid or kids become a keeper or a beater. As long as they have fun in the game, then I'm happy and will be cheering for them in the crowd."

Draco nodded in agreement. But then there was a moment of silence, neither bloke knowing what to say as the thought of having kids with each other popped into their minds. "Do you and your Gryffindor roommates have get-togethers every now and then?" Draco asked him curiously.

Harry nodded. He recalled the last time he saw Seamus, Neville, and Dean which was in a pub a couple weeks ago. "We have lunches together every week or go out to the pub. Seamus and Dean are living together, have been since we graduate."

"Finnegan and Thomas are finally together?" Draco was surprised at this sudden information. So many people in Hogwarts had shipped them together secretly, since the two best friends were always together and never not together.

"Yup!" said Harry, grimacing at how strong the wine was. He washed it down with another croissant. "Dean actually was my first guy kiss."

"Oh?"

Harry nodded again. "It was actually pretty funny. We were playing a game of spin the bottle and it landed on Dean when I spun it. So, yeah, we kissed, and the funny bit was when Seamus became jealous, pushed me out of the way and kissed Dean."

Draco felt a little irritated that Finnegan pushed Harry out of the way, instead of lightly tapping him on the shoulder to get him to move or to nicely ask him to move out the way. But what he was a little confused about was the game Harry mentioned. "What's spin the bottle?"

Harry looked down at the wine bottle and smiled. "It's just a game where you spin the bottle and whoever the lid points at, you kiss them." But just as he touched the bottle, the sound of thunder in the distance echoed in the sky.

Draco sighed, really wanting this date to be perfect and not interrupted by thunder. "Oh, I've never heard of it," he said. "Is it a muggle game?"

Harry nodded, knowing Purebloods wouldn't have known about the game. He, Dean, and Hermione actually had to tell Ron, Seamus, and Neville of the game back then. "Yeah, all I can say was that it was a long game. Worst thing I had to do was kiss Ron after Seamus and Dean stopped snogging and then the game went on." He grimaced at the memory. "It was horrific."

Draco snorted, knowing that has got to be true. He couldn't imagine kissing the Weasel. He feels sorry for Harry now. He was about to grab a bowl of fruit salad when another sound of thunder erupted in the clouds. Can't this just be a perfect date that he planned?

Harry smiled at Draco, and he flinched when something cold and wet hit his neck. He rubbed the back of his hand and noticed it was water. It was starting to rain but he really didn't care. "So..." he said as he poked the wine bottle. It wasn't empty, but something in him wishes it was. "What was Draco Malfoy like before he came to Hogwarts?"

Draco shrugged and filled his glass up with a bit more wine. "I don't know, you'll have to ask my mother and father about that."

Harry smirked, wanting to learn more about younger Draco Malfoy. He'll have to actually ask Narcissa about him but what about Lucius? "Where is your father, Draco? I haven't seen him since..." He didn't say 'the war' because a lot of people flinch at the war. It was such a tough and difficult time.

"Father is either at work in the Ministry or in his study now-a-days," said Draco, looking up at the window of Malfoy Manor which he knows is his father's study. He wondered if his father was there and watching him and Harry but dear Merlin he hopes not. He took a sip of his wine and looked back at Harry. He grunted as a raindrop fell on his forehead and he wiped it off. This was meant to be a happy, sunny bright day today. Not turn into a complete stormy day. can't it just go away and come back tomorrow?

But as he thought that, light rain started pouring down and started covering themselves in tiny droplets. Harry just stared at Draco in a loving kind of way, he couldn't help it at all. The raindrops looked like tiny diamonds on Draco's hair, it made him look stunningly attractive! Well, to Harry, Draco Malfoy is so attractive anyway.

Draco started packing everything up as the rain got a little heavier. Goodbye perfect date he planned just for Harry. He can give the wine to his father anyway. "Sorry about this, Harry," he says when dropping all the croissants, jam, Nutella, and English Breakfast Muffins into the picnic basket. He stood up and reached down for the wine but was interrupted with Harry's hand over his.

"Draco, don't apologize, this is perfect," says Harry kindly, squatting down to stop Draco from packing up and his hands moving down Draco's hand to link it with his own. His heart started hammering against his chest as he moved a little closer to Draco and silver shimmering eyes were staring into his own. "This was such a romantic date and I would do it over and over again with you."

"Harry..." Draco's hand knocked over the wine bottle, he was glad the lid was back on so nothing spilt. "I'm glad you enjoyed the date," he said with a wide smile, his own heart rapidly beating in his chest at how close Harry was moving towards him. he wanted to kiss him, right now, under the rain.

Harry instinctively moved closer but lost his balance and fell down on top of the blonde Slytherin. He blushed at the position they were in, his hand on Draco's stomach, his knees on either side of the blonde's waist and his other hand right next to the wine bottle. The wine bottle which pointed directly at Draco. "Draco, I really, really-"

Draco finished his sentence with a smile, "Like you. Me too, Harry Potter." The rain began to pour down a little harder, soaking both their shirts but neither man cared. "I have done for a very long time as I can remember," Draco added.

Harry's hand, which was next to the bottle, unconsciously moved up to Draco's face and he cupped his chin. His stomach filled with a very intense flutter of what he calls butterflies, but the flutter only increased only slightly as his face moved closer to Draco's. He's been wanting to kiss Draco for a very long time. "I think I've liked you since our third year, that very moment when I saw you on the train to Hogwarts. I think I fell in love with you then."

Harry just couldn't help this at all. He needed to kiss Draco Malfoy; it was hard not to. He leaned the rest of the way down, his heart feeling like he's been running miles per hour, and he kissed Draco slowly but lovingly and his heart decided to skip a beat as Draco began to kiss back. The smell of the blonde Slytherin was wonderful beyond imagination; citrus and vanilla filling up his senses like empty vitamins. He didn't want this beautiful moment to end and neither did Draco. Harry's other hand came up to Draco's thigh, which it just sat there doing nothing and Draco slowly smiled against Harry's lips. Draco just couldn't wait to spend a long time with Harry. It seems that his date was perfect. He wanted to thank the rain but was too busy kissing Harry back with these overwhelming feelings and a flutter within.

Harry pulled away from the kiss just slightly, his heart skipped a beat as silver eyes opened and stared up into his green eyes. He smiled down at the blonde and bit his lip. "That was incredible...," Was he supposed to say that? Now he began to blush a little.

Draco smiled back at him then began to chuckle. It was incredible! Why wouldn't it when you've just kissed the love of your life. "Wise men say," he sang softly, his breath ghosting against Harry's lips. "Only fools burst in."

"You know about Elvis Presley?" Harry asked him with furrowed brows, flabbergasted that a pure-blooded wizard from an old family would even know of the song. But then again, he knew about the High School musical song. Unless that song was new to him and he just read off the lyrics.

Draco nodded a little, he didn't care if Harry was still on top of him. It felt entirely natural. "Auntie Andromeda introduced me to a couple of 60s and 70s songs from Uncle Ted's muggle albums. They had a record player and still do. Mother and I like to listen to a number of slow songs and try to learn the piano chords to it."

And Harry parted his lips a little. He was surprised, when was the last time he's listened to songs from the 60s and 70s? Or even the 80s? Those are the best songs, really catchy and easy to sing to. "Maybe at some point of time you can show me these records. I'd love to learn how to play the piano, or just watch you work your magic."

"I'd like that too," Draco said and reached his hand up to wrap around Harry's neck. "But first..." He trailed his thumb over Harry's lip, mesmerized by how soft and warm his lips were.

Harry smiled and knew exactly what he wanted as he wanted the same thing. To kiss the person underneath him. so, then he leaned back down, feeling his heart rate pick up speed again and the flutter within intensifying as his lips touched Draco's again.

Lucius, up his study in the manor, smirked down at the two from his study window while drinking his Blackberry tea. It seems he's underestimated the Potter boy, or should he call him Harry now? He has a feeling that Harry's going to be with his Dragon for a very long time. He ponders if he should start arranging a marriage for them now. He actually can't wait to get to know Harry Potter, the boy who wants to live normally, not the boy who lived. Well, he wants to get to learn both of them because Harry Potter seems like a nice bloke and someone who would be perfect for his own son. Since his son came back from the park a couple of weeks ago, he's been smiling so much, and Lucius has been so curious to what he's been smiling about. So, as a curious father, he asked him and the first word that came out of his sons' mouth at the time was Harry Potter. It seems he ought to make a couple of birthing potions for these two. He just knows, when these two have kids, whenever that will be, that they will be the most beautiful little angels he's ever known. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

590K 14.8K 62
What if Harry Potter wasn't shy, awkward, or in other words, absolutely useless when it came to girls? What if he was the complete opposite - confide...
434K 15.1K 45
READ THIS!!! [completed] *currently re writing and fixing mistakes that my 11 year old self made* This is a cuteness over load of a baby Draco story...
1.7M 45.6K 67
" I want you now" he said and walked closer towards her. She backed away two steps but met the ice cold wall. " What do you mean?" She said nervousl...
61.9K 2K 20
I want to start by saying I DO NOT OWN THE COVER!!! ...