Fate's Chance

By rabgafbanperiod

A story in which a pop star by the name of Justin Bieber falls in love with a normal girl that happens to be... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
We're number 1???
60
Q+A with the Cast
Sequel is out now!

17

1.3K 50 8
By rabgafbanperiod

I sighed walking into the cafe feeling as if I hadn't been here in forever for some odd reason. I honestly felt so guilty for what I was about to do but I've had enough and there's way too much on my plate right now.

"Hey Mr.Kim....."

He looked up from the register at me and smiled.  Mr.Kim was always a nice human being but when it came to working with him........I found myself wanting to throw things at him at every shift. Hm, maybe I am just a tad bit violent.

"Hey kiddo, how's it going?" He was oddly cheery today....

"Good,Good"

"Where's your uniform? Your shift starts in a few minutes."

"Yeah about that, look—-"

"Oh no.."

"What?"

"The day has come.  You're quitting."

My eyes widened in shock. How in the world did he know that? I didn't even get a chance to say anything before he guessed it.

"Mr.K how in the world did you know that?" I was genuinely freaked out. I mean it's not like I gave any hints or anything during my past few shifts

" I'm a genius."

I rolled my eyes at him and his cockiness.

"I'm sorry to quit on you like this so suddenly and not even putting in an official two weeks notice. This is so unprofessional of me—"

"Kid, you're fine. Believe it or not I can handle things around here. I think it's best if you take time for yourself anyway. I know being a college student and working at the same time can be horrible. So just focus on those grades of yours"

I smiled brightly

"Thank you so much for understanding"

"Yeah of course, it's the least I can do. You've been such a great help to not only the shop but Jackson as well. Where is he by the way?"

I took a seat on the high chairs not wanting to talk about him. It was just last night when we had that big argument and I was still mad about the whole situation.

"How should I know?"

"Did you guys have another fight?"

"No..." I looked away crossing my arms like the child that I am.

"You guys are always bickering. I swear it's like you guys are siblings for real. Whatever it is about, I'm sure my son is at fault. He always is."

I chuckled at his diss towards his own son.

"That boy is always doing something I tell ya. I'm sure whatever he did or said he didn't mean it. He does things without thinking first."

"Yeah...that is true."

"Cheer up, how bout an iced Carmel macchiato to help? Hm?"

"Yes please."

"Coming right up my dear customer" he yelled dramatics you loud as if he were a chef in some five star restaurant. I chuckled at his childishness. It's so obvious who Jackson takes after.

I unlocked my phone after feeling it vibrate in my back pocket seeing a notification from Instagram.

justinbieber
You still coming thru tonight right?

If I'm being quite honest, Lord knows I do not want to go to this party tonight.  I'm sure it'll be fun and all but unlike some people, I absolutely love staying home and just vibing.......alone. I don't feel like being surrounded by noise and alcohol tonight.

bella.s
Not gonna lie to ya JB, I'm not feeling it

justinbieber
What?!

justinbieber
you don't wanna party with me?🥺

I covered my mouth to prevent myself from giggling out loud at his childish message.

bells.a
😂it's not that. I kinda just wanna chill tonight

justinbieber
Oh come onnnnnn

justinbieber
Don't be a party pooper!😡

justinbieber
You have the rest of your life to do that! If you come tonight I promise you won't regret it. Just stay for at least an hour then I'll take you home. Deal?🙂

bells.a
Alright, you better make it worth it

justinbieber
Ayeeeeee

justinbieber
See ya at 7

bells.a
7?! You said 8

justinbieber
Make it seven.

bells.a
You pushing it Bieber

justinbieber
🥰

It's crazy how we grew friendship so quickly. Every time I talk to him I kinda forget that he's like a multimillionaire. He's just so down to earth and so easy to talk to which was so unexpected.

"One iced machattio at your service!" He placed the cold drink before me talking in a weird accent. "Thank you" I smiled

"Enjoy, I'll be making drinks over there if you need me" I nodded my head in response.  After placing my straw in the drink and taking a sip, I took a breath of relief. Mr.K always made the best drinks and I have no idea what makes his so different.  The taste of the bitter espresso and the sweet flavored milk was so well balanced and it made it so delicious.

Times like this, I remember why he owns this place.

I finished my drink and went straight home to prepare for the night ahead of me even though I had about five hours until then...

"So.....what do you think?"

Her mouth practically dropped to the ground as she stared at me in silence. I giggled at her reaction.

"Jade, please don't go overboard"

"Me? Overboard? Of course not. The only thing I will say is, if Justin doesn't tap that tonight he's out of his rabbit ass mind because you look like a bag of money!"

I couldn't contain my laughter at her "not so overboard" reaction to my outfit.

"Definitely overboard but thank you."

"I can't believe you're getting ready to party with the Justin Bieber. This is crazy."

" I know right! The fact that we actually have a genuine friendship is just bat shit crazy to me."

"So how does it feel to be God's favorite?" She asked placing her chin on the palm of her hand.

"It feels......heavenly." I winked at her.

"Yeah I bet" she giggled " so I've been meaning to ask you, have you talked to Jackson since y'all had that argument yesterday?"

I rolled my eyes before sighing. "Absolutely not. I think it'll take more than 24 hours for us to makeup"

"When will you two kids grow up? You guys fight like every week."

"Hm maybe when he gets his head from out of his ass?" I shrugged.

"Well I hope you guys work it out."

I nodded my head at her not really wanting to talk about this again. Tonight is about me and Jackson was the last thing I wanted to think about.

"Are you gonna stay till I get back?"

"Yeah if you don't mind. I'll be cozied up in your bed since you have the best bed in the planet."

"That's fine, but Jade I have one rule." I looked at her sternly. Her eyes widened at my sudden seriousness.

"Do not, and I mean do not, eat my last scoop of ice cream."

"I would never"

"Oh really? Coming from the same girl that ate it last time when I told her not to"

"Okay fine I really won't this time. I promise" she smiled at me innocently. I wouldn't dare believe that sinister smile of hers

"Well he's downstairs waiting on me. I guess I'll head out now."

"Wait where's your spend a night bag?"

"For the last time I'm coming right back home. "

"Yeah right, I'll most likely be gone before you get home tomorrow morning. Oh text me once you get in the car and get to the party. Oh and don't forget to share your location once you get there"

"Yes mom. Bye bye"

"Bye my love have fun!!"

She yelled as I closed the front door behind me.  Just as I made it to the lobby, my name was called.

"Oh hey" I smiled seeing it was my neighbor Mona that I had met just yesterday.

"Wow you look pretty"

"Really? Thank you, You do too" I smiled.

She looked down at her outfit in dissatisfaction.

"Oh please I'm nothing compared to you. Where are you headed?"

"Oh just some party that I'm probably gonna ditch in like an hour" I chuckled

"Oh really? Sounds cool, well I just came down to get my mail. I'll see you later"

I smiled as I waved at her beginning to walk away. I can't help but feel as if I've seen Mona somewhere before. Maybe she just has one of those faces that seem familiar for some reason.

As I stepped outside I looked around for Justin's vehicle after I completely forgot to ask what kind of car was he in.

"Look who it is!" 

I turned around to see Justin waiting by a black bmw.  Another car??

"Hi"

I smiled as I stood before him

"How you doin' " He said pulling me in a unexpected hug. Taken back, I blushed as I hugged him back. "Good" I replied after pulling away.

"You look great, as usual"

"There you go flirting again."

"I'm actually not this time. Just speaking the truth." He looked down at me with that killer smile of his. "Let's go, we're getting lit tonight "

" oh no"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 56.8K 103
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
544K 8.4K 85
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
1M 64.7K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...