Different

Door idksomethingnotlame

Claire Lupin has always been different. It was an almost inexplicable difference, but it was always there. An... Meer

prologue
hippogriffs
potions
tea
falling
fights
stories
explanations
christmas
traitor
dungbombs
slaps
shrieking shack
understanding
lyall
birthdays
premonitions
light
reunions
voices
professor moody
dreams
waking up
goblets
panic attacks
intrusive thoughts (!)
duels
Visits
Curses
partnerships
dances
Black Lake
graveyards (!)
breakups
midnight runs
bleeding eyes
presents
birthdays
invisible
quidditch
concussions
breakouts
fights
snakes
christmas
found
hallways
mother dearest
brothers
suffering
vows
home
poetry
amortentia
revelations
necklace
threats
fear
safe house
found you
fixing wardrobes
potions
concussions
mother's love
chocolate
constellations
parties
Astronomy Tower
hospital wing
tension
packing
heightened emotions
legal age
family quidditch
blood loss
weddings

dementors

947 44 9
Door idksomethingnotlame

Remus had lied. He told Claire that he would write to her and visit her, but in the two years she had been at Hogwarts, she had gotten a total of five letters, each one shorter than the last. Claire would write letter after letter just to get no response. Remus stopped coming to pick her up during the summer for their day, and Claire eventually gave up on him. She came to realize that he never loved her like he said he did. She was just a charity case to everyone.

Apparently everything that Remus said had been a lie. Hogwarts was horrible for Claire. Draco was the only person to talk to her in Slytherin, and he only did so when no one else was there. Over the years, his aura went from a white to grey and blue as he became meaner and meaner. Claire still didn't know how or why she could see the colors around him, but she had grown to not care.

Harry rarely talked to Claire when they were at Hogwarts. Gryffindors and Slytherins were enemies, and Harry seemed to care about that way too much. Harry had also befriended Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger, so he was too busy with them to hang out with Claire. Ron seemed to hate Claire from the moment he met her while Hermione was much kinder. Back in first year, Hermione didn't have any friends so she and Claire would silently study together in the library, but after a troll almost killed Hermione, Ron and Harry in a bathroom, Hermione was too busy to spend any time with Claire.

As for the rest of the students, they all seemed to know something that Claire didn't. Whispers filled the halls whenever she went past, and she always sat alone in the Great Hall and often in classes too. It seemed as if something about her mother had scared them away. Claire had tried to find something on her mother in the library, but the librarian yelled at her until she left. Claire noticed that quite a few books were missing the next day. If she ever tried to ask another student about her mother, they would run away before Claire could even finish the name.

Thomas and Millicent were no help either. Lauren had finally ran off to live with her boyfriend, so the parents were obviously upset. They spent all their time either doing everything they could for Matt or practically abusing Claire. She had to buy makeup to cover the bruises, but the emotional trauma was left uncovered.

The only escape that she had was gone too. In the summer of their second year, the Dursley's had placed bars on Harry's windows, so they could rarely talk. One night, the Weasley twins, Fred and George, as well as Ron came to save Harry. None of them even glanced at Claire, who was watching them in their flying car with shock and longing. And now, in the summer before their third year, Harry had left one night and Claire hadn't heard from him since.

Claire had given up on hoping that Hogwarts could become her home. She had come to the conclusion that she didn't have a home and she didn't have anyone.

Boarding the Hogwarts Express for her third year made Claire feel as if she really had no one. Thomas had barely stopped for a second when he dropped her off at King's Cross, leaving her to stumble and drag her trunk behind her. Walking onto Platform 9 and 3/4 made her feel more alone as she watched her fellow students get hugs from their parents. Even Harry was being hugged by Mrs. Weasley. Luckily, Claire didn't have to watch everyone recieve hugs for much longer because the whistle blew.

Claire always sat alone on the Hogwarts Express. She would stop and say hi to Harry and then find a compartment to herself. This year was no different.

"Hi, Harry," Claire said softly as she opened the door to the compartment where he was sitting with Hermione and Ron. A slumped figure was by the window, but Harry jumped up before she could see who it was.

"How are you? Was Thomas better this summer?" Harry asked as he gave Claire a small hug.

"Yeah," Claire lied, waving hi to Hermione. Ron was ignoring her completely.

"I'm really sorry I left," Harry said. "I blew up my Aunt Marge and ran off. I stayed in Diagon Alley after that."

"It's fine," Claire mumbled. "Who's that?"

Harry looked almost apologetic as he finally stepped aside to reveal a man that Claire had grown to hope she'd never see again. Remus Lupin looked much older than he had the last time she had seen him and he had more mysterious scars on his face.

"What's he doing here?" Claire asked breathlessly.

"We think he's gonna take over the Defense job," Harry explained. "That's the only thing that makes sense."

"I can't believe he would do this," Claire whispered. "I'm sorry. I have to go."

Claire ran off before Harry could say anything else, although she did hear Harry call after her once but he didn't do anything else to try and stop her.

"Look here, Fred."

Claire's left arm was gently grabbed, stopping her from running any more.

"Oh, it's little Lupin," Fred Weasley replied, sending Claire a small smile. The Weasley twins and Claire had an odd relationship. She was an easy target for pranks since she was always alone, but the twins decided to refrain from pranking her. They annoyed Claire, but she couldn't lie and say that she wasn't glad that they talked to her.

"Let me go," Claire mumbled.

"Why are you running through the halls like a mad man?" George asked, releasing her arm.

"None of your business," Claire replied, wiping away the stray tears that had fallen down her face.

"Oh no. She's crying. Oh no," Fred said quickly, his eyes growing wide.

"Here. This'll make you feel better," George said, offering a chocolate frog to the girl. Claire hesitantly took a small bite only to immediately start coughing when her tongue felt like it was on fire.

"Like it?" Fred asked.

"It's charmed to be spicy!" George explained.

"I hate you," Claire coughed, using her sleeve to wipe her tongue. Both boys just laughed and put their arms around her shoulders, guiding her into their compartment where Lee Jordan, their friend, was sitting.

"Hey, Claire," Lee said. Claire sent him a small wave, curling her legs to her chest due to how uncomfortable she felt.

"We figured you'd rather sit with us than by yourself," George explained. Claire just shrugged her shoulders.

"So, why were you crying?" Fred asked.

"No reason," Claire mumbled.

"Good enough for me!" George announced, turning to his twin and friend and telling them a plan to make a whole line of charmed candies. Claire looked out the window, lost in her thoughts about her father.

She couldn't believe that after two years of ignoring her, he would accept a job as her teacher. She was used to abandonment, but the fact that he was back in her life made it worse. It was like he was taunting her.

"Is it getting cold to you guys?" Lee asked, bringing Claire out of her thoughts. She had started shivering too.

"Something is moving," Claire mumbled, watching dark figures outside the train, which suddenly stopped. George's arm shot out and slammed against Claire's chest, stopping her from falling out of her seat. She sent him a thankful nod, her hands starting to shake.

"I wonder what it is," Lee said. Before anyone could answer, a scream was heard and the door to the compartment was thrown open and then slammed shut.

"Well, well, if it's isn't Malfoy," Fred said teasingly.

"Shut it," Draco snapped. "There's dementors out there."

Claire sucked in a breath at the thought. Dementors were horrible creatures, known for causing dark thoughts and sucking out souls.

"I think it's getting close," George said. As he said that, the door was thrown open. Claire gasped up at the floating figure, her whole body shaking and dark thoughts filling her head. Tears streamed down her face as the Dementor came into the compartment, looking around and focusing on her before leaving.

"That was horrible," Lee said with a shudder. "Why was that here?"

"Sirius Black, you idiot," Draco snapped.

"You almost peed your pants," Fred said. "Don't act all strong now."

Claire gasped and clutched her chest, not being able to breath. The boys finally seemed to remember that she was there, all of them looking uncomfortable.

"Don't-don't cry," Draco said softly, kneeling down in front of her. Claire couldn't help herself as she threw her arms around his shoulders and buried her face into his chest. Draco let out a surprised grunt and hesitantly wrapped his arms around her shoulders too.

"Is everyone ok?"

Claire felt like crying even more at the voice. Draco seemed to realize that people could see him, so he gently moved Claire off of him, exposing her to Remus.

"Claire," Remus said breathlessly, his eyes wide as he stared at her. She had grown up a lot in the past two years, growing taller and becoming even more beautiful than ever.

"The dementors really messed her up, sir," George said. Remus seemed to finally snap out of his trance, kneeling where Draco had before and offering her a piece of chocolate.

"Here," Remus whispered. "It'll help."

Claire glared at him through swollen eyes. Without thinking, Claire hit the piece of chocolate out of his hand and stood up.

"I don't want you and I don't want your chocolate," Claire spat, leaving the compartment. Remus could only watch, his heart breaking as he realized how much he messed up.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

After seeing her father, Claire had locked herself in an empty compartment and didn't leave until the train was at Hogwarts. Unfortunately, she couldn't escape her father because he was sitting at the Professors table and he kept glancing over at her, a troubled look on his face.

Harry and Hermione had come into dinner late, missing the Sorting Ceremony completely. Harry looked pale and clammy, and he wasn't looking around much. Claire could hear Draco mocking Harry, who had apparently passed out when the dementors had entered his compartment.

Claire was glad when dinner was finally over and she could go to the common room. Remus tried to talk to her, but Claire hurried away before he could.

"Wanna explain what happened on the train?" Draco asked as they approached the common room. Claire jumped in surprise, not expecting Draco to talk to her when there were so many people around.

"What do you mean?" Claire asked. Draco sent her an incredulous look that made her blush.

"I mean the sobbing and the slapping a professor thing," Draco clarified.

"Well...I don't know, the dementors just made me upset, I guess," Claire said with a shrug as they approached the door to the common room, entering it after all the first years and the prefects. "And that professor...he's my dad."

"Wait, what?" Draco asked. "You look nothing alike."

"I think we look kinda alike," Claire said with a shrug.

"You don't," Draco said. "But why would you slap your dad?"

"Cause I'm adopted," Claire admitted as they sat down away from the other students. "He would visit me every week so I've known him my whole life. But after first year he just disappeared. No letters and no visits. And now he's here, teaching me. It makes no sense."

"Sounds like he sucks," Draco replied. Claire just snorted, blushing at the look Draco gave her.

"That's the worst part," Claire admitted. "He was amazing. I looked forward to his visits more than anything. I'd stay up the night before watching out the window until he came to get me. My adopted parents, well my dad is actually my uncle-"

"Your uncle is Evan Rosier?" Draco interrupted, looking shocked.

"Why is my family such a big deal?" Claire asked.

"Has no one told you?" Draco asked.

"No," Claire said. "Remus told me my mum's name and that's it."

"Your mum...your mum was a-"

"Mr. Malfoy," Severus Snape said before Draco could tell Claire about her family. Professor Snape was the head of Slytherin house and seemed to hold a soft spot for Claire. He hated the Gryffindors, especially Harry, but he treated Claire so well that she barely noticed.

"Yes, Professor Snape?" Draco asked

"I need to talk to you about your behavior on the train," Professor Snape said. Draco rolled his eyes and stood up.

"It's nice to see you, Professor," Claire said softly.

"And you," Professor Snape said kindly, walking away with Draco behind him.

"Stay away from my Dracy," Pansy snapped, slamming her hands down on the table in front of Claire.

"I-I did-didn't..." Claire stammered. Pansy just scoffed.

"Stay away," Pansy sneered again. Claire could only nod frantically. Pansy and her friend Millicent cackled at Claire as she ran up to her dorm, which they shared together. Claire pulled the drapes around her bed closed, not being able to stop her sobs.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

15.7K 790 62
everyone has their obsessions but for Sirius, Remus and James it's girls they believe they can't have. follow them up as they discover love! ;) com...
2.1M 80.2K 150
"She'll be the most powerful witch to ever exist." "And he will be very upset about that if he ever comes back." "Indeed. Which is why no one knows w...
10.8K 319 37
*** A girl with a scarred brain who wanted nothing more than her brothers to be safe. A boy with scarred skin who wanted nothing more than the girl t...
76.3K 1.4K 79
all I can ever ask of you is to stay. just stay. ----- i do not take credit for the s...