Secrets Better Left Unsaid

By Soapyflowers123

18 year old Alexander finds himself starting his last year of school at Granite Lake College before hopefully... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVIII

XVII

55 1 0
By Soapyflowers123

Tom sighed as he walked to Faustus' office early in the morning after bringing Alexander to his therapy session. He had no idea what his boss may want with him so early in the morning. Taking a deep breath, he knocked on William's door.

"Come in, Agent" William called from behind his desk as he took off his glasses.

"What did you need me for, Sir" Tom asked as he walked in and sat down across from him.

"We need to talk about your relationship with Mr. Faulkner" he sighed.

"What about it" Tom asked, confused.

"I want you to end things with him" he replied.

"Wait, why" Tom asked.

"Are you questioning me, Agent" he said, his voice going cold.

"I should at least know why so I can give him a reason" Tom sighed.

"Because the relationship was never real, Agent and because I worry that you're abusing him" he sighed.

"How am I abusing him" Tom snapped.

"Control yourself, Hawthorn, and just the way he acts around you. Also the fact that his mental health has only seemed to worsen since you slept with him, indicating to me that not everything you're doing is consensual" he snapped back.

"It was entirely consensual" Tom snapped as he stood.

"You're to break up with him as soon as possible, Agent, that's an order" he replied coldly.

"No, I won't," Tom said before walking out.

"Are you disobeying orders" William yelled after him as he followed him.

"Yes, I am" Tom snapped.

"You will regret this," William sighed before heading to Dr. Madison's office where he knew Alexander was.

Sighing, he knocked on the door to Madison's office.

"Who is it" Madison yelled from the other side of the door. While he wasn't sure, William was fairly certain he heard a small squeak from behind the door too, causing him to smile faintly as he opened the door.

"Sorry to interrupt, but I must speak with Mr. Faulkner in my office immediately" he said calmly.

"Of course, I'll see you later, Alexander" Madison said kindly.

Alexander nodded as he stood, wrapping his sweater tightly around himself as he followed Faustus towards his office.

"What's the matter, Sir" Alexander asked quietly.

"I need to speak to you about your relationship with Agent Hawthorn" William sighed.

"Oh, what about" he asked as they walked into his office, sitting down across from Faustus at his desk.

"You need to end things with him" William sighed as he saw a flash of pain cross Alexander's face.

"Why" he squeaked, pulling his legs into his chest.

"I fear he's being abusive towards you" Faustus replied, wanting to reach out to him as tears slid down Alexander's cheeks.

"B-But he's not" he squeaked, holding his legs tightly.

"Mr. Faulkner, think about it, he's trying to control you and get you to do what he wants" Faustus said.

"B-But I can't leave him, he won't let me" he squeaked as Faustus stood and walked around the desk before crouching in front of Alexander.

"What do you mean he won't let you" Faustus asked gently.

"I tried, but he won't let me" he squeaked as he cried harder.

"Do you want to" Faustus asked.

"I-I don't know, I love him but it always hurts" he squeaked.

Faustus just nodded before asking carefully, "Will you let me help you?"

"What do you mean" he asked quietly.

"Mr. Faulkner, I suppose I should let you know, I have begun developing certain emotions towards you, and while they are not proper, nor do I wish to act upon them, I do want to make sure that you are safe and if you stay with Agent Hawthorn, I do not believe that you will be" Faustus sighed.

"I-I don't understand, what do you mean" he squeaked, blushing slightly.

"I've come to care for you and I want to protect you from this man. I made a mistake when I initially instructed him to become involved with you but I want to atone for it" Faustus said softly.

"Wait, you told him to date me" he squeaked, pain flashing across his face.

"I instructed him to get closer to you through whatever means necessary" Faustus replied.

"So, he never loved me" he whispered, shaking slightly as he looked away from him.

"I can't say that but I do know that his initial confession was not genuine, however, this one is. Alexander, I care for you and I want to help you in any way possible" Faustus sighed.

"I want to talk to Oliver," he said quietly.

"Who is he" Faustus asked softly.

"My old roommate and best friend," he whispered.

"Okay, do you want to move back to campus as well" Faustus asked gently.

He nodded, curling up more in the chair as he looked down at Faustus.

"Do you want to see Hawthorn one last time before you go" he asked.

"No I don't" Alexander squeaked.

"He's still assigned to your case, unfortunately and will resume his teaching position but you will be kept quite a ways away from him" he replied.

Alexander nodded as Faustus stood up and helped him up.

"You'll be leaving now, and all of your remaining belongings will be brought over later today" Faustus said, leading him out of his office where David and Maurice were waiting.

"Let's bring you home, kid" David said kindly as he led Alexander out of the building and to the van.

Alexander nodded as he climbed in and laid down on the back seat, falling asleep before the van even took off.

----

Alexander groaned as he was shook awake by Maurice.

"We're here" Maurice said before hopping out of the van.

Alexander nodded as he sat up before standing and hopping out of the van before seeing a flash of red hair and being tackled by Oliver.

"You're back," Oliver said happily as he hugged Alexander.

"I am" he laughed slightly as he hugged Oliver back.

"I've missed you" Oliver said as he got off of him before pulling Alexander to his feet.

"I've missed you too" he smiled as he followed Oliver back to their dorm building.

"Where have you been" Oliver asked.

"I had to go into hiding for a little while," he said quietly as they walked into their room.

"Wait, what" Oliver asked, confused as he looked over at Alexander.

"I-I had to go into hiding" he squeaked as he slid into his bed and wrapped his blanket around him.

"Why" Oliver asked as he sat down on his bed.

"I got involved with people I shouldn't have" he sighed as he looked away from Oliver.

"Oh. Are you okay" Oliver asked.

"No, but I'm getting help from the government" he whispered.

"What can I do to help you" Oliver asked.

"Just be there, I guess, I don't know" he squeaked as there was a knock at the door.

"Who is it" Oliver yelled.

"Professor Hawthorn" Tom yelled through the door.

"What do you want, Tom" Alexander yelled as he sat up.

"Can I come in," Tom asked.

"No" he replied, squeaking as Tom ignored him and walked in anyway.

"We need to talk," Tom said as he walked over to him.

"Get away from me" he squeaked as Tom sat beside him on the bed.

"No, we need to have this discussion" Tom replied before looking over at Oliver who was watching them with surprise. "Can you give us a minute?"

Alexander looked at Oliver, his eyes begging him to stay. "No, sorry I can't. Not with how uncomfortable he looks" Oliver replied.

"This is important and about his case. You need to leave as this is confidential information" Tom sighed.

"Fine" Oliver sighed, grabbing his phone as he left.

"What, Tom" Alexander asked coldly.

"Don't talk to me like that" Tom snapped, as he grabbed Alexander's wrists and pinned him to the bed.

"Get the bloody hell off of me" he squeaked angrily as he squirmed beneath Tom.

"What did Faustus get to you and now you hate me" Tom asked, straddling Alexander's waist, using his weight to keep Alexander from moving.

"No, but what he said is true and I want to end our relationship" he snapped.

"Nice try, baby but you're not going anywhere" Tom said, smirking coldly at him.

"Tom, why can't you see I'm unhappy" he squeaked, trying to fight against Tom.

"Because you're mine" Tom replied, shifting so that Alexander couldn't move.

"Please, I-I can't do this anymore" he squeaked as tears slid down his cheeks.

"Relax, baby, stop fighting me so much," Tom said softly.

"No, why won't you listen to me' he squeaked, growing more and more scared of Tom.

"Because you're mine and mine alone" Tom replied as he wiped away his tears gently with his thumb.

"Red" he whispered, looking away from Tom.

"What" Tom asked, confused.

"Our safewords, and I used red, so stop" Alexander replied, scared that Tom wouldn't listen to him.

"Baby, what's wrong" Tom asked softly.

"I want you to stop this. I want to end our relationship" he squeaked.

"You're serious" Tom asked, as he stroked Alexander's hair gently.

"I-I think so" he squeaked as he started crying again.

"Why? What's going on" Tom asked as tears welled in his eyes.

"Because you never loved me. You were just doing what Faustus told you to" he whispered.

"What are you talking about, baby" Tom asked.

"Faustus said that he told you to date me and that you never loved me" he squeaked.

"Baby, no, that's not true at all" Tom lied as he let go of Alexander's hands, getting off of him so that he could hug him.

"W-Why would he lie to me" he whispered as he buried his face in Tom's chest, trying to silence his sobs.

"Because he wants you and in order to have you he needs me out of the picture" Tom said softly, stroking his hair gently as he looked down at the smaller man.

"B-But I only want you" he sobbed.

"I know, baby, just please, trust me more and stop trying to break up with me" Tom sighed.

"O-Okay, I can do t-that" he squeaked as Tom lifted his chin.

"Good, come on, let's get you cleaned up" Tom said, lifting Alexander easily as he walked into the bathroom with him.

Alexander nodded as he held on tightly to Tom's shoulders before he set him down carefully.

"Be quick baby boy, you have class soon" Tom said gently before walking out of the bathroom, closing the door behind him.

Alexander sighed as he stripped quickly before hopping in the shower. He sighed as he started washing his hair when he felt a pair of hands on his waist.

"T-Tom" he asked, leaning back into the person slightly.

"Actually, it's me" a low voice said from behind him.

"Get away from me" he squeaked loudly as he jumped out of Aidan's grasp.

"What's the matter, Alexander, scared" Aidan asked, smirking at him as he grabbed Alexander and pushed him against the wall.

"Tom" he yelled, hoping he would hear him as Aidan's grip tightened on his waist as he lifted Alexander's legs up and wrapped them around his waist.

"What's the matter, baby" Tom asked as he walked in and seeing Aidan, immediately drew his gun, aiming at Aidan's head. "Get away from him," he said coldly.

"And why should I? There's nothing stopping me from taking him, right here, right now" Aidan replied.

"Get. Away. From. Him" Tom snapped before swinging the butt of the gun at Aidan's head which caused the other man to black out. Tom sighed as he picked up Alexander gently from the ground and wrapped his arms around him as he walked back into Alexander's bedroom.

"Are you okay" he asked softly as he sat down, holding Alexander tightly on his lap.

"I-I think so" he squeaked as he hid his face in Tom's chest.

"Alright, let's get you dressed" Tom said softly as he stood and set him down gently before pulling out some clothes from his bag.

Alexander nodded as he threw on his clothes, squeaking slightly as Tom brushed his hands aside to help him tie his tie.

"Are you sure you're okay to go back to class" Tom asked as Alexander wrapped his sweater tightly around himself.

"I think so" he said quietly.

"Okay, let's go, baby" Tom said, taking his hand gently and led him out of the room, motioning to David who was out in the hall.

Alexander sighed as they left the dorm building before pulling his hand away from Tom's, smiling as he looked up at him.

"So you must know that we need to be more low-key about this now" Tom said gently as they walked towards Alexander's first class of the day.

"I figured as much," he squeaked as he wrapped his sweater around himself tighter.

"Are you okay" Tom asked, taking notice of how much Alexander was shaking.

"Y-Yeah, I'm just nervous about coming back and dealing with people" he squeaked.

"Don't be and I'll be with you the entire time" Tom replied, looking around quickly to make sure no was near them before taking hold of Alexander's hand gently.

Alexander just nodded as he gripped Tom's hand tightly, squeaking as all of a sudden, he felt a pen hit his backpack.

"Wow, I can't believe they let you come back, Faulkner" Berkeley yelled at him.

"S-Shut up" Alexander yelled back though his voice sounded shaky.

"What did you become a little bitch while you were away" Berkeley yelled as he walked closer to him.

"Get away from me" he squeaked as Tom let go of his hand.

"I heard your parents finally came out of hiding, how funny that they disappeared only to resurface later on. I'm sure it was because you couldn't handle it" Liam shot back, a cold smirk crossing his face.

"You have no idea of what I've been through and forced into so shut your mouth" Alexander yelled, finally snapping. He was about to punch Liam when Tom wrapped his arm around his waist, pulling him flush to his chest in an attempt to try to calm him down.

"Calm down, baby, he's not worth it" Tom whispered against his ear.

"I-I hate him so much" he whispered, unable to stop shaking as he leaned his head back on Tom's chest.

"Wait, are you two lovers or something" Liam asked, surprised.

"No, now, Mr. Berkeley, I suggest you do yourself a favor and never speak to Mr. Faulkner again. Am I clear" Tom asked coldly.

"Yes, Professor" Liam sighed before walking away.

"He's not worth it" Tom sighed as he let go of Alexander.

"I know, I know but he angers me so much" he whispered, looking down at the ground.

"And he's not worth getting expelled," Tom said softly as he led him towards the first class of the day, Latin.

He just nodded as he grabbed Tom's hand as they walked into the building, sticking close to him as they walked through the crowds of students.

"Are you okay" Tom asked gently, leading him inside the classroom, and seeing no one inside, led him over to his office that was attached to the classroom.

"Y-Yes, I think so" he squeaked and as soon as the door was shut he hugged Tom tightly.

"Baby, what's the matter" Tom asked, concerned as he hugged him back.

"I-I forgot how hard it is to be around people" he squeaked, hiding his face in Tom's chest as tears slid down his cheeks.

"Shhh, you're having a panic attack" Tom said softly as he lifted him and setting Alexander on his desk, grabbed the bottle of pills out of his work bag and gave him one.

"T-Thanks" he squeaked, taking it in his shaky hands before swallowing it carefully.

"Relax, baby, I will be with you the entire class" Tom whispered as he wrapped his arms around his waist gently.

"B-But what about after" he asked shakily as he held onto Tom tightly.

"Shhh, don't worry about that right now" Tom replied.

Alexander just nodded and squeaked as someone knocked on the door.

"Who is it" Tom yelled.

"Oliver Lawthorne, Sir. Is Alexander with you" Oliver yelled back.

"Yes, he is. We'll be out in a minute" Tom said.

"Are you better enough to go to class" Tom asked softly.

"I-I think so" he squeaked, looking up at Tom, smiling faintly as Tom brushed away his tears gently with his thumbs.

Tom just nodded, pecking Alexander's lips quickly before stepping back away from him so he could hop off the desk.

Alexander smiled slightly as he followed him out of his office and sat down at his desk in the front.

"Welcome back, Alex" Oliver whispered to him.

"Thanks" he whispered back.

"Alright class, so today we're going to be discussing the presentations you've prepared on The Conquest of Gaul by Julius Caesar. Now, please turn in your essays that you have prepared on the topic" Tom said as he grabbed the bin off his desk.

Alexander turned white as he realized he hadn't written it yet.

"Mate, are you alright" Oliver asked as he walked back over to their table, seeing that Alexander had gone white and started shaking again.

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine" he whispered, looking at the assignment sheet on his desk.

"Mr. Faulkner, considering the circumstances, you've been granted an extension" Tom said quietly as he walked over to him.

Alexander just nodded as he looked up at him, squeaking slightly as Tom handed him a note.

Alexander sighed as he opened it and began reading:

I'm giving you an extension on all of my assignments so that you can get through the trial and not have to worry too much. As far as I'm concerned you have an A.

Alexander nodded as he looked up at Tom, smiling slightly as he listened to Tom lecture.

Finally the class was dismissed and Alexander sighed as he tossed his books into his bag before standing.

"Mr. Faulkner, can I speak to you for a minute" Tom said from where he was sitting at his desk.

"Sure, what is it" he asked as he walked over to Tom.

"It's private so he needs to leave" Tom replied, nodding towards Oliver.

"Fine, see you later" Oliver sighed as he left, shutting the door behind him.

"What is it" Alexander asked as he walked around the desk, squeaking slightly as Tom pulled him into his lap.

"Are you okay? I saw you panicking earlier" Tom asked softly, his hands resting on Alexander's waist.

"Yeah, I just got worried about assignments," he squeaked.

"And like the note said, you have an A in this class and you don't have to worry for the rest of the year" Tom replied.

"How is that fair to everyone else" he squeaked out.

"Because you are still healing and you need to focus on the case" Tom replied, cupping Alexander's face in his hand.

"B-But that's still not fair for them. It's not their fault" he squeaked, leaning into Tom's hand.

"It's not yours either, baby" he said softly.

"B-But" he squeaked.

"I'm not worried about your ability to understand and speak Latin, I'm worried about your mental health and lack thereof" he replied.

Alexander just nodded but squeaked as Professor Beckett walked in.

She stopped dead as she looked at them before asking, "What the hell are you two doing?"

"Attempting to calm him down. Can I help you" Tom asked coldly.

"Why is he on your lap, Hawthorn" she asked, horrified as she looked at them.

"He's of age and it's not your concern" Tom replied, his arms tightening around Alexander's waist.

"He's your student" she sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"And?"

"Christ, Hawthorn, does the Headmaster know" she asked.

"No he doesn't, and I plan on keeping it that way" he replied.

"You better not hurt him, not with what he's been through" she snapped.

"I'm right here you know" Alexander squeaked as he looked over at her.

"Honey, it's okay, you can tell me if this is not consensual" she said, letting her voice go soft as she looked at Alexander.

"I'm quite alright, thank you" Alexander replied.

"But he's so much older than you," she sighed, exasperated.

"And I don't care" Alexander replied, holding on tightly to Tom.

"He's just going to hurt you" she sighed.

"Please, leave" Tom replied, stroking Alexander's hair gently as he glared at her.

"Fine" she sighed, storming out.

"You alright, baby" Tom asked gently.

He nodded, squeaking slightly as he hid his face in Tom's chest.

"Are you sure" Tom asked.

"I-I'm just tired of people always telling me that you're just going to hurt me," he whispered.

"I know, I am too, especially when I'm not" Tom replied.

"T-Tom?"

"Yes, baby" Tom asked softly.

"I love you" he squeaked, hiding his face in Tom's chest.

"I love you too" Tom whispered as he lifted Alexander's chin gently.

Alexander nodded as his cheeks flushed.

"I'm not leaving you, not ever" Tom said softly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15K 812 34
Hey everyone, just putting this in here to say that this story is full of triggers. What happens in this book should never influence what you do, so...
7.5K 223 55
"You know we can do it here in my car" This is my second year at college Westwood For Business and Law where I am here to study Business. My roommate...
2.1M 61.3K 56
''There is only one thing crossing my mind right now. If he hates me so much, then why the hell is he kissing me back?'' ----------------------- Emma...
76 3 13
After her parents died in a car accident, Emma tries to continue moving on with her life. Things change when she meets Chris, a new student. Chris ha...