Winning Over Slytherin | Drac...

By les_rena03

It's finally time for Malorie Granger, Hermione's sister, to go to Hogwarts with her. However, the sorting h... More

Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: Dumbledore
Chapter 3: Home
Chapter 4: Chocolate Frogs
Chapter 5: 15th Birthday
Chapter 7: Christmas Special
Chapter 8: Sirius Black
Chapter 9: First Day of Fourth Year
Chapter 10: Amortentia
Chapter 11: First
Chapter 12: The Morning After
Chapter 13: Yule Ball
Chapter 14: Her History
Chapter 14.5: Elliot Delevine
Chapter 15: Arguments
Chapter 16: Shock
Chapter 17: Unwelcome Visitor
Chapter 18: Second Task
Chapter 19: I am Sorry
Chapter 20: Forgiven
Chapter 21: The Maze
Chapter 22: Final Day of Fourth Year
Chapter 23: Recuperate
Chapter 24: Letters
Chapter 25: Reply
Chapter 26: Mistake
Chapter 27: Fifth Year Day 1
Chapter 28: Umbitch
Chapter 29: Wuthering Heights
Chapter 30: Distrust
Chapter 31: The DA
Chapter 32: Jealousy
Chapter 33: Studying
Chapter 34: Meet the Parents
Chapter 35: Immobulus
Chapter 36: The Prophecy
Chapter 37: Damien
Chapter 38: Mione v.s Draco
Chapter 39: The End of 5th Year
Chapter 40: Bonnie
Chapter 41: The Burrow
Chapter 42: The Empty Compartment
Chapter 43: Chosen
Chapter 44: Nightmares
Chapter 45: Thanksgiving
Chapter 46: The Slug Club
Chapter 47: The Slug Club Part 2
Chapter 48: Death Eater
Chapter 49: Luna's Fire
Chapter 50: Beautiful Chaos
Chapter 51: Death Eaters
Chapter 52: Loss.
Chapter 53: Loving & Letting Go
Chapter 54: Home... for Now
Chapter 55: July 10
Chapter 56: July 21
Chapter 57: A House isn't a Home
Chapter 58: The Beginning Of the End
Chapter 59: Together.
Chapter 60: The Wedding
Chapter 61: The Last First Day
Chapter 62: Miles Apart
Chapter 63: Not-So-Happy Thanksgiving
Chapter 64: Christmas Wreck
Chapter 65: Officially Christmas
Chapter 66: Pansy Parkinson
Chapter 67: Draco's Letter
Chapter 68: Forgive Me
Chapter 69: All Is Fair In Love & War
Chapter 70: Amends
Chapter 71: Meetings
Chapter 72: Promises Unbroken
Chapter 73: Duel
Chapter 74: War
Chapter 75: In Between
Chapter 76: War Pt. 2
Chapter 77: Life
Chapter 78: The End
Sneak Peak of "Complicated"
Author's Note
UPDATE
✨Cast List✨

Chapter 6: Mockingbird

2.9K 93 12
By les_rena03

M O C K I N G B I R D

———

Mal's POV

I ran my hand through my hair multiple times, an action many would see as vain but was really just a habit when I got anxious. I hate Herbology, this stupid exam is tomorrow and I still don't know everything I need to know. I took a strand of my hair and rolled it around my finger, roughly tugging at it. I kept doing this for maybe 20 more minutes and finally shut the textbook closed, flinging it across the library table. The librarian glared at me and I rolled my eyes. I'm not in the mood to deal with some old lady right now. I did a quick Accio spell and opened the book, tugging at my hair again and rereading where I left off.

"That can not be healthy for your hair." The voice I least wanted to hear right now came up behind me. I ignored him and he sat down next to me instead. Can't he take a hint? I'm busy. "Wouldn't shaving it off be easier than pulling it out piece by piece?" he asked sarcastically, referring to what I was doing to my hair.

"What do you want Malfoy?" I sighed, already mentally tired from studying and not needing to be fully mentally drained.

"What are you doing?" He ignored my question.

"Practicing for the Quidditch match." I smiled a fake, sweet smile and rolled my eyes, "What does it look like I'm doing? I'm studying, you should consider doing it sometime."

"I don't need to study."

"Right, for some reason everyone's scared enough of your father to not fail you." He glared at me. "Well, we don't all have rich, intimidating fathers, so if you could let me study it would be greatly appreciated." He didn't move. I sighed and did my best to ignore his presence, but as I felt him staring at me I realized I had been rereading the same line over and over again. I slammed my book shut, earning another glare from the librarian and I simply ignored her this time. "Stop looking at me."

"What if I don't want to?" He challenged and I slumped in my seat. He really loves to annoy me.

"Too bad. You have to."

"And if I don't?" He challenged and I sighed.

"What is your problem? I'm just trying to study, I'm not Hermione, everything doesn't..." I trailed off. I'm such a bloody idiot. I could ask Mione for help. I closed my book again and started piling them up, ready to head over to find her. When I stood up I felt his cold hand on my wrist.

"Where are you going?"

"To find somewhere else to study."

"I didn't know my presence affected you that much."

"Ha ha." I rolled my eyes, "it doesn't, I'm simply going to go find Mione so she can help me with this."

"It's a shame you're too fucking proud to ask me." He murmured.

I turned to face him. "You? You would help me?"

"We are in the same house you know."

"Yeah. But you still wouldn't help me."

"I guess if you never ask you'll never know." He shrugged and leaned on the table.

"The tests tomorrow, at this point I'd rather be safe than sorry." I turned to leave and he took hold of my wrist again. Such an annoying habit of his.

"Nice bracelet you got there." he tapped the bracelet on my left wrist lightly.

"It was a gift." I smiled a little.

"Whoever gave it to you must have great taste." He smiled and I rolled my eyes at his craving for validation.

"Bye Malfoy."

"Doesn't he?"

"Doesn't he what?"

"Have great taste?" He pushed.

"In jewelry." I shrugged.

"What's the bloody hell is supposed to mean?" He got up off his comfortable position on the table.

"His taste in girls seems... concerning."

"What are you talking about?"

"Oh nothing, nothing at all." I shrugged, smiling internally at how much I knew the intrigue would eat at him.

"Granger..." He threatened.

"I just mean... Pansy Parkinson? That's definitely a different taste you got there." I mocked.

"I'm not—" he stopped and smiled smugly, "wait, you're jealous. Aren't you Granger?"

"Not a chance." I laughed.

"Really? Because I detect some of that green eyed monster... what's it's name? Oh yeah, Jealousy." He crossed his arms over his chest and smiled even bigger.

"Wrong. I just dislike her."

"She's not your biggest fan either." He retorted back and I shrugged.

"As long as she doesn't try to start something I couldn't care less." Honestly, she's not worth my time.

"Right, mhm. You care, and you care a lot apparently."

"I don't have time for this conversation, I've got to go find Mione... or Neville."

He scoffed "Longbottom? You'd have a better chance with me helping you."

I rolled my eyes and turned to walk away when I heard him talk to me as I walked off. "What? No thank you?"

"For?"

"That bracelet on your wrist. You don't have to be rude about it, I could always take it back." He threatened me.

I rolled my eyes and unhooked the clasp.

"Screw you Malfoy. Here." I tried to give it to him but he refused, I put it on the table he was leaning on and looked him in the eye, "look you fucking arrogant, narcissistic bloody little git, if you think giving me a stupid gift excuses the 99% of the time you spent being a jerk to me, you're wrong. Did I appreciate it? Yes. Just not enough to put up with you rubbing it in my face 24/7. If you were going to do that you shouldn't have given it to me in the first place. You think you hold all this fucking power over me because I wear a bracelet, you were planning to hold the fact that you can take it back over my head all the time, weren't you? That was your plan this whole fucking time. Well let me save you the trouble, keep it. I'm not doing this back and forth with you anymore, it's draining and I am tired of it." I turned around and left, despite hearing him call out my name repeatedly behind me.

I looked for Mione and after 15 minutes found her in the large hallway, talking with Harry. She looked over at me once and immediately came over, she had noticed my annoyed expression.

"Malfoy did something, didn't he?" She asked as soon as she walked over.

"How do you know?" I sighed.

"That's your 'Malfoy's a jerk' face." She shrugged as if the answer was obvious.

"I have a face for that?" I felt completely embarrassed.

"Mal, I think you have a facial expression for every type of annoyance out there. It's oddly specific and yet entertaining." She giggled.

"Whatever. Can you help me study for our exam in Herbology tomorrow?" I tried to change the subject.

"Will you be able to focus?" She raised an eyebrow at me.

"Yes." I lied.

"Liar. C'mon sister," she hooked her arm with mine, "let's go hear you vent about Malfoy. You have 7 minutes once we get into the common room, After that, we study. Deal?"

"Deal." I smiled and walked with her, grateful to have come into her life 6 years ago.

On my way back to my dorm, I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and checked the time: 11:00pm. That studying better pay off.

Once I got to my dorm room I was about to open the door when I saw it: my charm bracelet hanging on the doorknob.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

714K 15.5K 59
"I know you want me Laurier" he whispered, I lifted my head up and glare at him. With every anger I seethed through gritted teeth, "Fuck you Malfoy"...
1.7K 32 37
Emery Potter. That's my name. I'm gessing my brother Harry just popped into your head. Don't worry, It's what usually happens and I'm used to it. Whe...
366K 8.3K 40
From the good to the bad, everyone's favorite Slytherin princess, Rowan Bailey; seems like princess, isn't so innocent after all. + A book that takes...
4.7M 111K 26
"Goldie Dove? She's way, way to sweet for that bitter Malfoy. She's in Hufflepuff anyways." "Really? Well then you don't know her." FAST PACED STORY...