Krishnatmika Rukmini

بواسطة Aaravam

She sat there on the floor, tears flowing from her beautiful Lotus shaped eyes, hands trembling, desperate to... المزيد

Prologue
chapter 1 - Birth
chapter 3 - Demise
chapter 4 - Krishna
chapter 5 - Tales
Chapter 6 - Vrindavana Leela
Task
Chapter 7 - Vaidarbhi
Chapter 8 - Shattered
Chapter 9 - Letter of love
Chapter 10 - To Vidarbha
Chapter 11 - Oh Lord
chapter 12 - Elation
chapter 13- Forgiveness
Chapter 14 - Euphoria
Chapter 15 - Union
Chapter 16 - The new beginning
New

chapter 2 - glimpse of childhood

946 36 32
بواسطة Aaravam

The little Rajkumari Rukmini was playing with the handmade dolls specially made for her, with numerous dasis at her service.

Everyone loved her alike. Her little charm and grace was something everyone wished to see. Every sage that would visit the court of Bhismaka would want to see her. They would depart with a pleasant smile on their face and would have blessed her even though she is beyond any blessing and it would be she that have actually blessed them.

She was not a very naughty child but rather mature and understanding for her age, exhibiting kindness to every little creature she would meet. She was so connected to nature and going on small nature exploration was her favorite thing to do along with her mother.

She was so absorbed in her dolls when she noticed a little girl of her age peeking at her from outside the room she was in.

She quickly got up, picked one of her dolls and ran towards the little girl and extended it to her. The girl reluctantly looked at Rukmini and the doll as she definitely knew that a princess interacting with a commoner is not acceptable within the palace walls. But she also wanted to play with these beautiful dolls. Rukmini with an adorable smile said"Take it".

Out of nowhere a dasi came running and held the little girl by her arms"Mayurika, how many times have I told you to stay beside me? Apologize to the princess for disturbing her"she said sternly. The little girl looked down at her feet and didn't say a word.

"But I want to be friends with her"Rukmini said innocently with a cute frown on her face. Dasi looked at her and gasped. She was in a dilemma now as she can't nevermind the Rajkumari's words but everyone would point at her if she made them friends. She started regretting her decision of bringing her daughter along with her.

She made an effort to make Rukmini understand"look my dearest Rajkumari, It is not right for a princess to be friend with a commoner. Royal family members make relations with other royal families or noble families only. We are servants. Being too friendly with a servant can tarnish your grace's image" she said bowing her head.

Rukmini looked at dasi confused and said"I don't understand". The Maharani, hearing the conversation going on decided to step in"what's going on?"

The dasi on the sudden arrival of Maharani bowed in respect. Maharani with a nod acknowledged it.

"I want to play with her" said Rukmini pointing to Mayurika, the little girl.
"Of course you can my child. What is stopping you?"

"But Maharani, it is not right too..."
"what is not right is teaching youngsters that respect comes from status"she stated sternly. She then, with an affectionate voice, continued"Minds of children are pure. They won't understand the discrimination among themselves. Let them enjoy this innocence while it lasts"Maharani assured dasi by putting hands on her shoulders.

"You two can now go and play your heart out"Maharani said with a playful smile.

Rukmini dragged Mayurika into the room. Dasi smiled seeing her daughter happy after a long time, finally having a friend she could play with and enjoy. 'No wonder why this kingdom is so prosperous. When there is love and sense of unity in the heart of the ruler, it would be easy to develop a land where people can feel the warmth of protection and happiness without being constantly haunted by the fear of dictatorship'she thought to herself. She sighed in relief and went on to do her duties in the palace.

Rukmini overjoyed on developing a new friendship and decided to give her dear friend a tour of the huge castle of Vidarbha.

Vidarbha's castle was true wonder. There were paintings hanged here and there and the golden work done on the walls enhanced its beauty. The hallways were decorated with huge vase filled with numerous types of flowers such as Lilly, tulips, sunflower and much more but the one which was more in quantity was beautiful red roses, which were handpicked from Maharani's humongous garden outside the palace.

Violet and red curtains made of the purest silk obtainable maintained the royal standards of the palace. Every door in the palace was engraved with pictures representing the stories from history, examples being the story of Narasimha and the Story of Rama and much more.

Every furniture in the palace was made with the best raw material accessible by renowned Carpenters and the handiworks on them were exquisite.

Mayurika looked around in awe as this was the first time she was visiting the palace. Otherwise she would stay with her grandmother at home. But recently, her grandmother departed for pilgrimage as her grandmother felt that it would be best for her who is in senescence stage of life to accept sanyas, abandon worldly relation and attain spiritual delight. Her mother agreed to it with heavy heart too.

Rukmini excitedly said"let us go to the courtyard". They both with their little feets ran towards the courtyard where Rukmini's elder brothers were practicing war techniques and weapons. Rukmini being their dearest sister easily grabbed their attention.

"O dear Rukmini, who is this girl besides you?"her second eldest brother Rukmaratha inquired, leisurely holding his bow in hand.

"Pranam bhratasree, she is my new friend Mayurika"

"She clearly does not look like a nobility to me"Rukmi stated with a frown, holding a heavy sword in his hands, ready to wield.

"Rajkumar ki jay. That is because I am daughter of Jayanti who is..."
"Jayanti? As far as I know there is only one Jayanti in this palace who is Matashree's mukhyadasi. You are a dasiputri"

He turned to Rukmini and ordered"Rukmini, stay away from her. It's demeaning to walk with a commoner, that too a dasiputri"Rukmi looked at Mayurika with disgust visible in his eyes.

Rukmi's words angered Rukmini. She saw the a flash of sadness cross Mayurika's innocent face but quickly covered it. Even though she was very young, she knew that when limits are broken, it is of no use to suppress your thoughts and voice. Her parents have always taught her to stand for the right. While Rukmini hears her heart, Rukmi goes with conservative ways of society in general.

"Bhratasree, how could you say like that? She is a human just like us. Why should she be considered below us if her contribution is just as equal as ours. Haven't Matashree taught us to respect everybody irrespective of their status? And besides, Matashree has let me play with her"Rukmini tried to make Rukmi understand by keeping her respect she has towards her brother.

The other four brothers who were silently witnessing all this exchanges were amused by Rukmini's brilliant answer. Rukmanetra, the youngest brother applaused her and said"she is absolutely right. I am with her".

Rukmaratha and Rukmakethu though not entirely convinced, smiled at Rukmini anyway. Rukmi gritted his teeth and went back to practicing.

Rukmini went away from there with Mayurika. It was not long until the time came for Rukmini to bid farewell to her new friend. Mayurika's mother has got special permission from Maharani to go home at dusk and return at dawn. Rukmini excitedly grasped the information that she would return the day after.

After a long day of playing and enjoying life, Rukmini was sent to her room to get a good night sleep by her Matashree. She was laying reluctantly in the bed when she heard some footstep coming near to her. With a sudden fear instilled in her mind, she got up in a swift motion.

"Sshhh"Rukmakethu motioned her to be silent. Rukmini was astonished to see her all five brothers assembled in her room. The big thali in their plates didn't go unnoticed by her.

Rukmi with a regretful expression came forward and caressed Rukmini's head. "I am sorry for shouting at you today for no reason. I thought about it a lot. I'm now okay with you bring friend with her. I apologise for being impulsive"he said with a apologetic smile

Rukmini with a bewildered expression, said"what are you doing bhratasree? You are elder to me and I'm in no position to receive an apology from you"

Rukmi with a pout continued"but you have to say that you have forgiven me"

Rukmini, unable to get him to leave the matter, surrendered to his wish"okayyyy, I have forgiven you".

Rukmaratha with pride, told"But I still can't believe that our little sister has become so matured and all, to even stand up for herself. I can't believe that you are just six. I am proud of you that you can be childish and understanding at the same time". Rukmini smiled a clumsy smile.

"Anyway we have brought this to make up for our act"Rukmi said as he took the big thali from Rukmabahu's hand a placing it in front of Rukmini. Other brothers settled themselves in the huge bed around Rukmini. Rukmini looked at the thali with a curious and glowing eyes.

Rukmi took hold of the yellow clothe covering the thali and uncovered it. It wa filled with variety of sweets like laddu, jalebi ,gulab jamun, kheer and many more. Rukmini looked at Rukmi shocked.

Rukmi said with a hushed tone"don't say to Matashree. Okay?". Rukmini vigorously nodded her head. The night went by with a huge feast in Rukmini's room and siblings bonding. They shared the sweets, feeding and teasing each other and mostly care for each other.

★★★

Glossary

•Dasi - female servant
•Dasiputri - daughter of dasi
•Bhratashree - Brother
•Pranam - salutation
•kheer, laddu, jalebi - Indian sweets
•Thali - Huge plate

★★★

I know this chapter does not have much content and sorry for any kind of mistakes. I believe Rukmini and Rukmi did have a wonderful sibling bond in her childhood. And I don't know if these sweets existed in the time of dwapara yuga...🥴
And I know... Rukmini feels toooo understanding and mature for her age, but it's true... It's us, the adults who instills unwanted discrimination into children's mind. And mein bhi Bohath understanding bacchi thi . So ..😌🙊

The scene above are purely from my imagination.

Don't forget to vote.... please, it's my request...🙏🙏

❤️❤️❤️💜

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

92.9K 3.5K 77
DAUGHTER OF SITA AND RAM! 1st Book in Ramasutaa Series (FYI Kousalya=Princess of Kosala) An extraordinary tale of an ordinary girl Shreeyanee, who a...
35.1K 1.2K 27
Hi guys This is Shivam , I Like writing a lot of Ramayana Fics , specially about Lakshmila , Here is a story I have been Writing , Its just my o...
21.4K 1.5K 36
अन्तः अस्ति प्रारंभः। The end is the beginning. A caterpillar dies, to birth a butterfly. Water evaporates to rain down. Dead carcasses fill the stom...
3.8K 236 14
❝When He becomes Ram, She becomes Sita. When he becomes Krishna, She becomes Rukmini. In all the incarnations, Goddess Lakshmi is always inseparable...