LETHAL JOURNEY || TEWKESBURY...

By illusiveink

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 〭✴ ̽ ࣩBOOK 2 OF DELICATE ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 6TH OCTOBER 2020 ࿐ྂ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ •*⁀➷ COMPLETED !! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀☁︎ 11 PM (PHT / G... More

𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐋 𝐉𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐄𝐘
𝐈𝐌𝐏𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐒
𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓 + 𝐆𝐔𝐈𝐃𝐄
𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
𝐢.
𝐢𝐢.
𝐢𝐢𝐢.
𝐢𝐯.
𝐯.
𝐯𝐢.
𝐯𝐢𝐢.
𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢.
𝐢𝐱.
𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐂.
𝐱𝐢.
𝐱𝐢𝐢.
𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢.
𝐱𝐢𝐯.
𝐱𝐯.
𝐱𝐯𝐢.
𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢.
𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢.
𝐱𝐢𝐱.
𝐱𝐱.
𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
BOOK 3 RELEASED

𝐱.

6K 279 613
By illusiveink

LETHAL JOURNEY ࿐ྂ
──────── 🏹ׅ۬∙ ────────
x. Lady Lisette of Deliarine

"I THINK I FOUND THEM," Guineviere said as she stared at Y/N and Tewkesbury who are cuddling on the floor, asleep. The party ended a couple minutes ago, and they had every guards in the estate searching for the two. They almost even caused Lord Leucrion to insist for a lockdown to happen.

"Well . . . "

"Are they back together?" Lord Leucrion whispered. Guineviere slapped his shoulder playfully.

"I didn't know they'd look so adorable when they're asleep." Enola said.

"Okay, but what happened? Why are they like this?" Lord Theron asked.

"I don't know"     "I have no idea"     "I don't have the faintest clue."

They all continued chatting while surrounding the pair as they doze off. "Always wanted them to get married." Lord Cosko said.

"They're 19."

"Isn't that legal already?"

"It is, but — "

"You lot really expect Tewkesbury to propose? He's a wuss!"

"Indeed."

"Come on, Enola. He doesn't look like a wuss to me."

"I guess you're blind, then."

"Who's going to wake them up?"

"Not me!"     "Nope, not me."     "I am out of the volunteer's list. I don't want to get stabbed."     "and certainly not me!"

"You're scared of a 19-year-old girl?!" Enola asked in disbelief. They all stared at her.

"She's not just a girl after all, Holmes." Lord Cosko said.

"Right," Enola mumbled and turned to the sleeping couple. "Right you are," she muttered once again.

Just then, Enola had no other choice but drag Y/N around on the floor. She groaned as she pulled her from her feet.

"Can someone just carry her, please? I doubt she's going to hurt anyone at all!" Holmes exclaimed.

Lord Leucrion sighed, "Fine." He carried her to her room along with Tewkesbury.

There they continued their peaceful slumber beside each other.

⋆·˚ ༘ * 🕯️

The next morning, they wished they never even woke up. As they opened their eyes, the first thing that they saw are each other's faces. Their eyes widened in shock as they pulled their faces away from each other. This caused Tewkesbury to fall off the bed.

"Good morning to you two," They heard as three servants walked in with two trays of colourful breakfast with a pair of wine.

"What happened?" The young lord asked the lady.

"You were drunk, my lord. You two were found in the ballroom all huddled up behind the refreshment table. Almost caused a lockdown to happen when you weren't found, but here you are, well and safe."

"Explains the throbbing headache." He replied. Y/N couldn't say anything so, she just asked.

"Was there an assassination that occured?"

"No, dear. The Lords have been suspecting that the assassins knew of the plan so they retreated and didn't come."

"That's odd," Y/N whispered.

"Oh and, there's a girl in the garden. She called for the both of you — the marquess most especially."

"Enola?"

"No, certainly not her. This girl is er — how do I say it?"

"We're the only ones who can hear, Miss. Go on," Y/N said.

"Ill-bred and impatient."

"I think I know who that is." Tewkesbury said.

"Good for you." She flashed a fake smile, "Now, please, I'm going to brush my teeth and take a bath. Get your own room, Tewkesbury. It's improper to be in the same chamber as you. We are not married nor chaperoned. Also, thank you Miss."

With that, she left them staring at each other cluelessly. The girl then prepared herself for the new day.

⋆·˚ ༘ * 🕯️

Once they both arrived at the garden, newly refreshed from taking a bath, Y/N tried her best to avoid the lord while walking.

"What is wrong with this wig?!" They both heard a girl whine from a distance. As they approached her, she stared at Y/N with a cold sharp gaze.

Lisette then turned to Tewkesbury and gave him a smile, looking at him up and down. It took him everything not to roll his eyes. He nodded in greeting.

"Lady Lisette of Deliarine," the girl introduced. "You must be the famous scheming Y/N L/N."

"The one and only. That's quite a title for me."

"Isn't it?" Lisette replied. "I've head stories after stories about you."

"Good things, I hope."

"Poor portrayal. They didn't add how unwelcoming your demeanor is. A good future wife knows how to welcome guests, but that's tolerable for now. I'm not picky of greetings, and you are not a future wife at the moment. Anyway, do you have hobbies, Miss Y/N?"

"I stab." Y/N innocently smiled. "Don't you love stabbing sharp objects to things and imagine they're your enemies? It helps with anger a lot. The royal adviser was rumoured to give that advise to royals before. I've adored it since I heard it when I was a young little girl."

"O-of course! Definitely!" The Lady of Deliarine stammered. Tewkesbury let out a snicker making her glare at him.

"Not to be rude or anything, but what is your business in Lord Leucrion's estate?" L/N asked.

"I'm here to pick up my lord" Lisette said. This made Y/N arch an eyebrow. She looked at Tewkesbury, jealousy taking over her whole body. What are they both playing at?

"Your lord?" Y/N asked.

"Is something the matter?" Lisette asked, genuinely bewildered. "He's my fiancé."

"What?!" Y/N and Tewkesbury exclaimed at the same time.

"I'm sorry. My head hurts at the moment. Perhaps I heard you wrong?" L/N asked.

"Oh, you didn't. Didn't you hear? Your uncle has blessed our proposal." Lisette told the young lord who looked rather furious.

"Without my consent?!"

"What ever do you mean? Your signature was on the paper."

"I didn't sign any bloody papers!"

"It was forged, idiots!" Y/N interjected.

"Too bad. The papers were submitted to the parliament and all of Basilwether. I am in the process of being blessed to be a Marchioness next week." Lisette explained, grinning.

"Darling, you'll be blessed with nothing but my fist." Y/N finally blurted out, surprising both Tewkesbury and Lisette.

'Is she jealous?' The young lord asked himself.

'Am I jealous? Ha! It's not like I've just been replaced after two months over a forged proposal with a seemingly clingy woman.' Y/N thought.

"Isn't that rude? Here I am, expecting a lovely congratulations and all you uttered is a rude statement," the fiancée exclaimed.

"Don't expect an apology from me as well. I never understood why you even invited me here. It is nothing but a grave insult."

"One well-deserved."

"Congratulations, Lord Viscount Tewkesbury, Marquess of Basilwether, and Lady Lisette of Unfinished Wigs and Slacking Insults, future Marchioness of Basilwether. I hope you have a great and long-lasting marriage." With that she left with an embarrassed feeling weighing her down.

Y/N didn't care if it was petty and rude, but how could they? That was an insult that she knew she could never forget.

Just wait until she's invited to the wedding.

"I suppose apologies are in order, Lisette. There's been a massive mistake in need of immediate correction. I cannot marry you. You are great and deserving of the love you er— deserve, but you are not the woman that holds my heart. I wish to marry for love, and the sacrifice cannot be made if it means having to be tied with someone that I don't know very well. I do hope you understand." Tewkesbury cleared hurriedly, and eager to end the conversation there without hearing what the lady had to say.

Upon letting go of those words, he turned around to chase after Y/N.

Lisette groaned in frustration and as the wind blew and whistled around her, her wig fell off to the ground, giving Tewkesbury much more time to fix things with the insulted girl.

He told himself he would make things right, fix her, and build her up again.

It's easier said that done, but the young lord wished himself good luck.

It's been months and it's time for him to act.

Little do they know, Lisette isn't one to give up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113K 3K 13
"Nothing is forever." "Maybe we are the exception." You are Enola's older sister. She is younger by a year. You didn't live with her though, you live...
40.9K 646 29
Lady Matilda Tewksbury finds out her brother is missing and wants to find him urgently. she still sits at the park bench they would eat breakfast ev...
86K 2.4K 13
【 ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴀʟᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀɪᴄᴋꜱ ᴀᴄʜᴇ, ᴡʜᴀᴛᴇᴠᴇʀ ʀᴜɴꜱ ᴅᴇᴇᴘ ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʙʟᴇᴇᴅ 】━━ ❬ ❛ enola holmes ❜ ❭ ━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━ · . ⋆ · ━━━ fem!oc x tewksbury...
451K 14.2K 19
➘ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 y/n, a young lady born with vast feminine grace tangled in a gamble of life desired to change the way she lived with two unexpected...