Graves Beneath the Feet (Comp...

By munsen12

A suicide of a struggling actress in a film studio..A year later on the muhrat of a new film, the director is... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue
Note
New story
note
Graves Beneath the Feet 3

Chapter 31

2.7K 465 116
By munsen12

Sidharth lights a candle and brings it near the sofa where Sana is sitting. But inspite of calling her several times, she doesn't respond. Sana is lost in a world of her own. With head held low, hair covering her face, she mumbles something as she scribbles on a letter pad. It is a coincidence or something else, Sidharth has no idea, but the current comes back at the very instance when Sana wakes out of the trance after he holds Sana's shoulder. Another weird thing is that the temperature that had dropped suddenly, now has turned normal again. On being asked by Sidharth about what had happened to her, Sana replies,"I don't know. I don't remember anything. I think I saw Roshini but then.." Sidharth looks at the letter pad that she was scribbling a little while ago. There are few random words written on them.
'Twisted mind ' ' Love ' ' Hate him ' 'friend ' 'Twisted mind ' ' your ' ' closer you ' ' Hate ' 'Love ' 'closer' ' Govind'

Sidharth keeps holding Sana tightly in his arms as she shivers out of fear. She is breaking into sweat but at the same time, she is feeling cold. This is the first time she had experienced something like this. Sana had not been afraid of Roshini after getting a clarity from Dr.Anand. But what happened today has shook her to the core. She has not left Sidharth's arms even for a second. The door bell rings and after few seconds Banshi Kaka, the caretaker comes and opens the door. It's Dr.Anand whom Sidharth had called immediately after the episode. He had agreed to visit them instantly. Sidharth nods at him as he comes and sits in front of them. He takes out a medicine from his bag and asks Sidharth to give it to her. Sana calms down after few minutes. Dr.Anand then sits sipping tea, hearing the experiences that they both had.

"Ah! Interesting I must say. Hmm.. I know it must be terrifying for you my girl, but I believe there is nothing to worry about.", Dr.Anand says. Sidharth still holding Sana in his arms asks,"Do you think she was possessed? Did Roshini enter her body? But why?" Dr.Anand smiles and says,"It's quite unbelievable to hear this from a police officer. Before you get angry, I must reply. Yes. I think she was possessed by Roshini's spirit. But we can never know the reason why she did that." Sana looks at him with fear in her eyes and understanding that Dr.Anand replies,"I said to you, there is nothing to worry about." "Dr.Anand, you can say that several times but it won't make us stop worrying about it. Yes it is unbelievable for me to accept such thing but all I have seen of heard so far is.. far from logic. I had seen the state Sana was in that few minutes. Apart from what you say, the only logical explanation can be is that she was acting. And I am sure she was not. And when I know that there was something wrong with her, I will be worried.", says Sidharth in a flow.

"I can very well understand what you mean. But the reason I am saying there is nothing to worry is my belief.", says Dr.Anand. He puts the tea cup down on the table in the front and says,"I have explained earlier that spirits are energy. We can't see energy as such. To communicate with us, they take energy from the nearest source. Droping of temperature, battery exhausting etc are some examples. Roshini till now had tried to communicate by showing herself to Sana. But perhaps she wanted to tell you something. And the only source for her was Sana." Sidharth looks at him,"You mean to say that Roshini wanted to send me a message. That's why she got inside her.." Dr.Anand nods his head,"Yes. I feel that is the reason. She wanted to tell you something." Sidharth rubbing his temples says,"Ok I get it. But using her as a medium could be dangerous. Right?" Dr.Anand smiles and says,"She had no intentions to harm anyone that's why she left. Try to understand what she means in the message she has left for you."

Sidharth goes near the door, as Dr.Anand leaves. He says,"Thank you so much for coming." Dr.Anand smiles and says,"Sana is a sweet girl. I came for her." Sidharth nods and asks,"I have one question in my mind. What is the guarantee nothing like today will not happen again?" Dr.Anand puts his hand on his shoulder and says,"There is no guarantee in anything. Sana is very sensitive to such things. So yes there is no guarantee but we can hope she remains strong enough to not let such things happen again."

Twisted mind ' ' Love ' ' Hate him ' 'friend ' 'Twisted mind ' ' your ' ' closer you ' ' Hate ' 'Love ' 'closer' ' Govind' Sidharth had been holding the piece of paper as he sat in his room. He needs to decipher this code to reach to the mastermind. But it is not easy to do that. Govind is in the custody but he has no idea who had called him. And the more complicated question is why was his name used. The friend, closer indicates that someone who knows him or his close friend is the one. But which friend is she talking about. Jay? No not possible then who?

Sidharth is in the court for the trial of the case and the judge sends the accused, Govind to judicial custody till his next bail hearing. He comes out with the District Attorney discussing the case. The DA leaves and Gaikward joins him. He is about to say something when he feels a tap on his back. Sidharth turns to find Devesh with another another man. They shake hands as Devesh says,"Do you remember him?" Sidharth looks at him and with a smile he continues,"What hero? Where were you these days?" The man smiles as they shake hands and he says,"So you still remember me? I thought.." "What? I will forget the one and only Rajan Chauhan? Never!", says Sidharth with a smile. Rajan smiles back and says,"So you were here for the studio murder case? Right." Sidharth nods his head and asks,"Why are you both here? Where are you posted by the way?" Devesh says,"I had some work and met Rajan here." Rajan replies,"There is an old case that I was handling. They moved the hearing here, so had to come. I am posted in Surat in the Cyber cell department. We were not topper like you, so had to be in such departments outside our state. Now Devesh too is back here. Pata nahi, when I will get back here." They are talking when they hear a commotion.

Sidharth looks around to find few people running towards the gate. The three get down the stairs and move towards the place of action. And soon things were clear to them. An accused had taken the gun from a police officer and was threatening to kill a woman whom he had caught from her neck, demanding to be given a vehicle to leave the place. Sidharth takes out his gun and so does his fellow friends. Sidharth signals them to try to surround him and catch him from behind. "Get away from me, orelse I will shoot this woman. I am telling you, just get me a car and let me go. I have some unfinished business. I 'll surrender I promise but I need to go. Where where is that ACP? Hey where are you? ACP Sidharth, let me go. You know what I want..I will surrender..but I need go now.. back off I say", he screams. Sidharth by now has understood that the man is no one but Govind. Taking a deep breath, he goes towards him from behind. Just as he is about to hold him, Devesh and Rajan comes from the other side. Govind sees them and starts firing. One bullet hits Devesh on his shoulder and another hits Rajan on his arm. Sidharth uttering silent curses, jumps over Govind from behind, disarming him and capturing him in the process.

Sidharth is holding the same piece of paper, as he tries to find any clue. As he sits thinking, there is a knock at the door. Gaikward and Ranne enters the room. Sidharth asks them to sit as Ranne asks,"How are Rajan Sir and Devesh Sir?" Sidharth replies," Both are fine. It was just a touch wound for Rajan. The doctor had to take out the bullet lodged in the shoulder of Mr.Devesh. It is not a deep wound. He is all right. How all this happened? How did Govind get a gun?" "Sir. It is a mistake of Sub-inspector Rao. He was outside the cell talking with a constable when Govind snatched his gun and threatened to open the door.", says Ranne. "Are you all right Sir? You seem to be tensed from last night.", asks Gaikward. "No. Nothing as such. We don't have much time. We need to find him.", says Sidharth. He puts the paper on the table and says," This is a clue. We can find the mastermind behind the murders if we can find what it means." Both Ranne and Gaikward looks at it.

"Twisted mind, love, hate, friend, closer and Govind. What does it mean Sir? Govind is lying? He is having a twisted mind and he has done everything on his own. I feel that is the meaning.", says Gaikward. "No. He is not lying. When he accepted everything then there is no reason to point fingers at somebody else.",replies Sidharth. Ranne says,"If it is for you, I mean if the message is for you, then it might be telling you about your friend, someone who is closer to you, a person with twisted mind. He hates you but pretends to love you and has used Govind to kill those people." Sidharth puts another piece of paper in front of them with a smile. It says,'Someone who is close to me, my friend who hates few people for some reasons. He /she has something against me.. He /she has a twisted mind and has used Govind who loved Roshini. Twisted mind????' "This is what I felt. But the question remains who is my that friend? He or she should be someone who is aware of the case. Every detail must be known to him or her. Who could be that person?", asks Sidharth. "Sir.. If you don't mind me saying.. Sana madam knows about everything. Is she..", says Gaikward with inhibitions. Sidharth looks at him and says,"We are police officers first. You don't have to keep inhibitions...She is under the suspicion too but..my gut feeling tells me she is not..Not because of my relationship with her. But I feel she has no reasons to frame me and kill those people. Intention is something that we need to find. Who has that motive to kill those people? What is that motive?"

"The numbers from which Govind used to get calls, what about that?", asks Sidharth. Gaikward replies,"All the numbers were prepaid registered under false IDs. Just like we had thought." "Hmm.. But what about their location during the calls?", asks Sidharth. Ranne says,"That is something very interesting sir. I wanted to tell you earlier but.. I feel this is something to look for." Sidharth waits for him to complete as he says,"The numbers show locations in Mumbai in areas where it is not possible to call. Like for example one call has come from a dumping ground, another from a vacant land. The numbers used might be from prepaid sims but the system to do so is called virtual number. The virtual number allows you to show other location for the number." Sidharth nods his head and says,"This means the person has knowledge about these technical field. Who can it be then?"

We are almost near the mastermind. Yes..very close.. Read and give comments..And do vote for the chapter by clicking star below.
Let the suspense continue....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 11.9K 43
Parinayam πŸ€΅πŸ‘°- Meant To Be OneπŸ‘ͺ This story revolve around one question who killed Jass??? Sidnaaz who are destined to be one but there journey was...
22.2K 2.3K 27
An unconventional story of two imperfectly perfect people who're real, raw & incredibly rare. Shehnaaz Kaur Bhalla, the young, rebellion, progressiv...
20.2K 3.9K 24
It's not possible to stay away from the person you love the most. But what happens when death seperates two souls? Can people return after death to b...
761K 76.2K 95
Sana is a well known actress working in the Bollywood industry from a young age. She has everything, money and fame but no real family. She craves fo...