Haikyuu!! One-Shots

By TeThyme

Hi! This is just some one-shots that I have written. I'm not going to write anymore so thank you for reading... More

Please stay by my side...(Daisuga)
Nightmare(Bokuaka)
Teasing(Iwaoi)
Hello!

Hanahaki (KuroKen)

241 4 7
By TeThyme

A/N: Thank you for 40+ reads!! honestly thought nobody would read this lol. I find writing these stories really fun and I'm glad that I could share them! Thank you again!! <3 Enjoy the story!

TW: Blood, Angst, coughing, hospitals

6/2022 update: This is one of my favorite stories that I wrote I'm glad I'm fixing it up

Kuroo's POV

"Hey Kenma I have a question." Kenma looked up at his game at Kuroo. Kuroo had invited himself to Kenma's house without much warning, not that Kenma minded, and was now just sitting next to him while he played.

"What's up?"

"Do you have a crush on anyone?"

"Yea, I do." Kenma said. He does? who is it?

"Well, are you gonna tell me who it is?" He nudged Kenma's shoulder in a teasing manner

"Do you remember the team we played in the practice match?"

"Karasuno right?" oh no..

"Yea. Well, I have a crush on number ten, Shōyō Hinata. I think." Kenma said blatantly

"You- you think?"

"I'm pretty sure at least.  We talk a lot over the phone and sometimes he comes over to play video games. It's really fun hanging out with him. I always feel like I want to spend more time with him."

"oh...I see..." Kuroo said quietly. well shit, there goes my dreams...

"..is there a problem with that Kuroo?"

"ah- no! I was just thinking...we have another practice match against Karasuno in a couple of weeks, don't let your little crush fill your head to the point where you won't be playing well! haha." Kuroo said, scratching his head.

"Mhm, I won't, don't worry." Kenma continued playing his game. It's clear he doesn't really want to talk, I'll just leave. Kuroo stood up to leave.  "Kuroo?"

He turned around at Kenma, who playing his game and was staring right at him. "Yea?"

"Just so you know, you can tell me anything. And I mean it, anything." Kenma said without breaking eye contact.

"Of course I know that, but ok thanks.  Well, see you later Kenma!" Kuroo ran off back to his house as quickly as possible. He got into his house and close the door as fast as he can. He took a sigh a relief. He walked upstairs to the bathroom and look at himself in the mirror. He had tears streaming down his face.

"DAMMIT" He punched the sink as he started sobbing. What am I going to do now. I am madly in love Kenma....but he doesn't love me back... Suddenly, Kuroo went into a coughing fit. He covered his mouth with his hand, when he was done, he look down at his hand. In his palm, there was a small, red, flower petal. "What-WHAT IS THIS????" He examined the petal even more. He saw that there was a little bit a blood near the end. He touched it ever so slightly. "..it's fresh...soft.." He took the petal to his room and sat down at his desk. He turned on his computer to google.

Why am I coughing up flower petals?

Results:

Hanahaki Disease (花吐き病 (Japanese); 하나하키병 (Korean); 花吐病 (Chinese)) is a disease where the victim of unrequited or one-sided love begins to vomit or cough up the petals and flowers of a flowering plant growing in their lungs, which will eventually grow large enough to render breathing impossible if left untreated.

"Hanahaki...huh? He looked at the petal once again. Do I...really have hanahaki? "Am I...going to die?" He got up from his desk and laid down on his bed. "ha....." He curled up and slowly fell asleep.

_____________________________

*A couple of days later*

"All right everyone! Let's take a jog around the school then we'll be done for the day!" Kuroo said to his team.

"Yes Sir!!!" Nekoma left the gym and started to run around the school. Kenma was jogging next  Kurro. All of the sudden Kurro stopped dead in his tracks.

"Kuroo...?" Kenma looked back at Kurro to see him gasping for air. "Kurro!" He ran back to him. "Kuroo! Kuroo are you ok?" He was wheezing heavily clearly struggling to breathe. "Everyone! Kuroo is struggling to breathe, I'm going to take him back to the gym, you guys go ahead!" Kenma said to the rest of the team. "Ok Kuroo, I'm going to take you back to the gym and give you some water, try to breathe in for three seconds, and then breathe out for three seconds to regulate your breathing while I'm walking you back. I'll give you some allergy medicine and water when we get there." As they were walking back, Kuroo was following Kenma's instructions. How is he handling this so well? When they got back to the gym, Kenma gave him water and allergy medicine. After a few minutes, Kuroo started to breathe normally.

"Thank-thank you..how did you know how to handle this so well?" Kuroo asked Kenma.

"I have really bad allergies. So I always carry allergy medicine around me in case I have an attack, why?"

"I was just curious on how you handled it so well." He paused. "Thank you, again."

"Of course. You should go back home and get some rest. Take the day off tomorrow too." Kenma said.

"Yeah, ok. You'll watch over the team so they are ready for the practice match next week?"

"Yup. Leave it to me."

____________

*Time skip to when Kuroo gets back to his house*

Kuroo looked down at the trash bin. There was a pile of of bloody flower petals inside of it. Well crap, its getting worse, is there a cure to this? He walked over to his computer.

Cure for Hanahaki disease

Results:

Hanahaki can be cured through surgical removal of the plants' roots, but this excision also has the effect of removing the patient's capacity for romantic love. It may also erase the patient's feelings for and memories of the enamoured. It can also be cured by the reciprocation of the victim's feelings.

Surgery? I can't get surgery, it's too expensive, and I don't want to loose the feelings that I have. "reciprocation of the victim's feelings?" That means... I have to get Kenma to love me back? That's...that's impossible, he likes...Hinata..not...me..... Kuroo started to cry. He cried and cried until he fell asleep on his desk.

________________

* Time skip to the day of the practice match*

"Kuroo, Are you feeling ok?"

Kuroo look over at Kenma. "Hm? Don't worry Kenma, I feel fine." His voice was horse and scratchy.

Over the past two weeks, Kuroo has been out a couple of days due to Hanahaki though he told everyone that it was just a cold.

"KENNMMMAAAAAAAA!!!!" Kenma turned around to see Hinata running towards him. Kenma smiled,

"Hey Shōyō!! Long time no see." Kuroo felt his heart crack. He calls him by his first name...

Hinata smiled brightly. "Hahahahaha! What are you talking about? We talk over the phone all the time!!!"

"I guess that's true."

"Hey Kuroo!" Kuroo looked to see Daichi waving at him. Kuroo walked over him.

"Hey Daichi. Should we start playing?"

"I was going to ask if you are feeling ok. You look really pale."

"I'm fine!!! Just a bit tired since I'm recovering from my cold. C'mon! Let's start the game!"

"Uh, alright."

The teams started playing their game. Karasuno won the first set. The teams were taking a break. Kuroo looked over at Kenma to see him talking to Hinata. He felt his heart break into two. He likes Hinata not me...He likes Hinata not me....I need to get over it..I need to get over it...He started coughing. Sh-shit....he couldn't stop. He tried to move to the bathroom but fell to the floor. The coughing started to bring everyone's attention.

"Kuroo, are you ok?" Suga asked him.

All of a sudden, the coughing turned into coughing up petals and blood.

"What the hell???" Tsukishima yelled.

The coughing wouldn't stop.

"KUROO" Huh? Who, said that? He fell onto his back, his vision blurring. He saw Kenma sprinting to his side. Kenma...?

"K..Ke..n..ma?" He coughed up more blood.

"TETSURŌ" Then and there...Kuroo lost his conscience.

_____________________________

Kuroo's eyes slowly opened. Huh? Where am I? ugh.. my head... He turned to see Kenma with his head on the bed he was on, clutching his hand.

"Kenma...?" Kenma's head shot up, he eyes were read and puffy with dark circles under them. Was he...crying?

"Kuroo!! You're awake! I was so worried!" He wrapped his arms around him, crying.

"Kenma...why are you crying?"

Kenma let go, and looked at him. "I thought you died...you were coughing up blood, a lot of it...and..and...there were flower petals, a lot of them too...you fainted..and you weren't waking up...Daichi called and ambulance..and they brought you to this hospital...you've been out since yesterday..." His words came out with broken sobs.

"Oh...uhm...where are the rest of the teammates?"

"They went home late last night.I stayed here overnight. I'll go get the doctor." Kenma got up to get the doctor. A couple of minutes later the doctor came in.

"Ah! Mr. Kuroo you're awake! How do you feel?"

"Kinda odd...Kenma told me what happen but what is wrong with me?"

"You have seemed to have a plant, a flower, growing in your lungs, how long have you been coughing up petals?"

"A couple of weeks..I think..."

Kenma turned to Kuroo "You've been coughing up petals...for weeks????" When did it start?"

"I- think..it was when you told me you like Hinata."

The doctor nodded his head. "Well that helps solve everything. Mr. Kuroo, you had, or maybe still have.." He looked at Kenma "...Hanahaki disease. You may not have it anymore...but we are going to take a scan of your lungs tomorrow to check."

"I may not have it anymore? What does that mean?" Kuroo asked the doctor.

"You'll see.." The doctor winked at Kenma, causing him to blush and then walked out.

Kuroo looked over at Kenma, "Kenma, what was the doctor talking about?"

Kenma was looking down, his face red as a tomato. He suddenly looked up. "Kuroo! do you..remember..when I said I liked Shōyō?" Is he actually serious right now?

"Of course I remember that. How could I forget?" It's kinda the reason why I'm here.

"Well that..was a lie." A lie? "The truth is...it was a lie...because I really like you..but I thought you wouldn't like me back..so when you asked..I lied."

"Oh Kenma...you had no reason to lie about that. The truth is, I like you. I like you so, so much. You are the most amazing and incredible person I have ever met. I fell for you as soon as we became friends. Gosh... " He reached out to hug Kenma. He grabbed him and pulled him into the bed, cuddling him. "Thank you...."

The doctor walked in a little bit later to find the both of them, sound asleep, cuddling each other. They smiled. "There is definitely no need for a scan. It's obvious the plant is gone."

~End~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 4K 22
Boy X Boy. (: Haikyuu!! fanfic. Both Kageyama and Hinata realise that they are feeling something, something beyond friendship for each other. And whe...
71K 1.3K 36
hi lovely human beings 💐💐 i plan on just making a bunch of oneshots for different ships (i promise they get better as you move forward) most of the...
98.1K 1.1K 42
------------------- "𝐎𝐡 𝐦𝐲 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐲."-------------------- ...
56K 699 41
A book filled with different Haikyu!! one-shots [minor swearing] • Various Haikyu!! ships • These are all my headcanons • Mostly fluff • No smut...