No Heart to Love [PURE VESSEL...

By TR0UPE-GR1MM

Do not think. Do not hope.. Do not speak... Do not..love.. Do... Not... . . . I shall seal the blinding light... More

<{PROLOGUE}>
<{CHAPTER ONE}>
<~{CHAPTER TWO}~>
<~{CHAPTER THREE}~>
<[Important Note]>
Note Again!

<~{CHAPTER FOUR}~>

1K 29 52
By TR0UPE-GR1MM

[Y/N's Point of View]

"HEY! No! Dont do that! please, come back.. AGH YOU MOSSY buttHOLE I SAID COME BACK! GIMME THAT!"

You screeched, chasing after your pet Mosscreep. You were taking a walk around Dirtmouth, when he suddenly decided to be EVIL and ran away from you for no reason at all, while also stealing an innocent passerby's bag.

After chasing him around the whole town, he tried to hide from you under the bench, but his fat mossy body along with the bag on his back rendered him stuck under it, squeaking and chirping sheepishly at you.

"Huff.. Ugh.." You breathed heavily, falling to your knees beside the bench, trying to regain your breath, as you got winded easily from running so much, a thing you dont often do. The passerby, a short butterfly with dark brown wings, with light spots and a dash of gold on each, with a dark blue cap and cloak, looked at you with worry, his antennae twitching slightly under his cap.

"Uh, miss.. Are you and your ..thing.. ok?" He asked, mildly narrowing his eyes as he said 'thing' as if a bit annoyed and confused on what it was.

You looked up at him and nodded.

"Y-yeeeeeeaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" you said, dragging out the word as you breathed out. "Im.. Sorry. (P/N) is a butt. My name is (Y/N), by the way.. If you need to know to, I dunno, report me to the non-existant police." You mumbled, now grabbing the Mosscreep and yanking him out from under the bench, returning the bag to its owner.

"Oh, no, I wouldnt do that. Those kinds of things happen, I know since I have a rowdy pet too, and, I'm Spec, nice to meet you, ms. (Y/N)" he said, lowering his head slightly as a greeting. Then he perked up and searched through his bag. "Oh, by the way! You have a few letters."

"What?"

"Letters, people sent you letters. You see, I'm kind of the mail-guy here.. and these are all addressed to you!" he chirped and handed you three letters. 

You read them quickly. Two of them were from your ex, saying how much he needed you and whatever, and the other one was about a contest you, as a joke, had entered, to win a lifetime supply of Pale Flakes. You always thought no one entered them and they were like, a hoax.

Turns out one of those was true, and not the other.

'Greetings, (Y/N)!!!

You were chosen from 3 other bugs, to recieve a lifetime supply of Pale Flakes!!!

All you have to do now is send us a letter confirming your name, where you live and your signature and they will be sent to you, for the low cost of 3,000 geo! Or come pick them up yourself at the Palace Grounds.'

Your eyes widened and you gasped.

Spec tilted his head. "Huh?"

"I won A LIFETIME SUPPLY OF PALE FLAKES!" You screamed happily, hugging your Mosscreep tightly and earning quite a few weird stares from the bugs near. An old bug nearby, who you only knew as Elderbug, sighed.

Spec, on the other hand, seemed nearly as amazed as you were.

"Really? Golly, that is great! It must be such an honor!" He chirped.

"An honor? Its just pale flakes, really, but it sure is great!"

"It really is an honor, have you read the address properly or read the back of the box well? Pale Flakes arent just named after the King.. He invented them! He picks the winners for the contests himself!" He exclaimed.

Your eyes widened even more, and your grip on your Mosscreep tightened to the point where he had to squeeze out of your arms, squeaking in annoyance and nibbling on your leg. But you didnt notice, for once you truly felt excited, after meeting the prince, of course.

" Oh wyrm! Thats even better! Thats so awesome! Aaaaaaa, you know what? Wait a moment here, if you dont mind, I'll go write my reply quick" you said quickly, darting into your house and leaving both Spec and (P/N) infront of the bench to wait for you. 

Feeling excitement flow throw you, you started to write the letter, the glowing ink spilling slightly onto your cloak, but you didnt mind, as you mostly focused on writing a coherent letter with readable handwriting, opposed to your usual spider-leg looking scribbles. You signed it and wrote the address, then rushed back to the center of the town, where Spec was waiting, sitting on the bench. Your Mosscreep seemed to quickly trust him, as he was now on the butterfly's lap, being pet and purring.

Spec gladly took the letter.

"Thanks for being a mail guy!" Was the only thing you could exclaim. Spec just kinda blushed and lowered his head.

"Oh, its nothing, really. Someone's gotta deliver the mail, and not many actually seem interested in this job.. Though it is so exciting. Did you know one of my friends here got sick? I feel bad for being happy about it, but that means I've got to deliver your letter to the palace myself!" He said, somehow you could tell he was smiling as he spoke, with (P/N) purring and begging for more petting.

"Oh my wyrm! Then, dont call me crazy for trusting a stranger, but can I go with you?" You asked, and you were about to explain yourself before Spec perked up.

"I'd love some company, so, of course! You seem nice. And this being such a special event for both of us, it really would be sad for us  have to be alone through it.. When are you free?"

You thought for a moment.. You didnt shower yesterday so you probably smelled like P/N when you first found them in Greenpath. That is literally all you had to do for today, other than breathe and eat and maybe start finding a job in case your parents stopped paying you for being alive..

"In about half an hour. You?"

"Just one hour. Dirtmouth's a small place."

"Then in an hour, I'll be at this cool bench."

"Alrighty, see you later, then." Spec said, bowing slightly. P/N jumped off from his lap so the butterfly could get up, but whimpered sadly as they saw him leave.

{Pure Vessel's POV}

It was already afternoon, and me and my siblings were just hanging out in the library. Ghost was reading a book about mythological creatures, while Alabaster drew in her sketchbook whatever creature he started to rant about. I simply read a book about laws.

Really at some point I stopped actually reading, just looking at the book with a blank expression, thinking about nothing, like I should always be.

"Hey, brother, you're okay?"

I snapped out of this purity as I heard Ghost, who stared at me with worry. Alabaster even left her doodles unfinished to turn to look at me.

"Yes. I'm fine.. Just.." I stared at the book again. "I think I've read this before."

"Uh yeah you have, like three times actually, maybe you should try something n-" Alabaster was cut off by Father yelling.

"You kids! Someone brought the mail, and I'm.. Trapped here trying out some new buzzsaws... SOMEONE BRING ME THE MAIL!"

Immediately Ghost and Alabaster turned to me.

"Rock,

Paper..

Scissors!"

Instinctively my hand was in a fist. Rock is a solid choice. Alabaster and Ghost chose paper.

Darn it.

I narrowed my eyes at them slightly (which is as much as I can narrow them) and walked out, passing through the white halls and towards the entrance of the Palace. The guards opened the doors without hesitation and I looked down.

[Y/N]

As the doors of the Palace opened minutes after we arrived, you looked up, seeing a tall figure in a white cape, with long horns and empty dark eyes.. The prince, again! You blushed as you both just awkwardly looked at eachother. Spec cleared his throat.

"Good morning, your highness!" He said, deeply bowing. He nudged you and you bowed too. The Pure Vessel just stared for a moment, not knowing what to do, until you both stood straight again.

"I am Spec! And I brought you some mail."

The prince nodded, taking the letters, journals, and buzzsaws.

"And this is Y/N! Winner of the Pale Flakes contest!" He said pointing to you.

The pure Vessel quickly eyed the letters, and nodded to you, as if ordering you to stay right there for a moment. He quickly headed inside once again, leaving the door only slightly open.

Minutes passed and eventually he returned, signaling you to follow him, and so you and Spec did.

(hate this chapter.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40K 1.4K 68
Most of this is clone wars 😎 Get ready for some chaos in the galaxy. Stupidity commencing in 3...2...1...
3.4K 177 17
Marriage is about equality . But here Meera is a final year students and an introvert as the name of friends she has only her family. She is most c...
48.6K 877 22
Will a normal guy find peace in his new life with 5 tenants in his new hotel ? there is only one way to find out
2.9K 235 10
Stop crying and laugh (I'm also making this because I have too many memes in my gallery so I can just store them here instead of course.) ...