Murder For One, Make It For T...

بواسطة Spottedfire-Windclan

It's the late 1920s, and Twenty-two year old Anthony Giovanni is once again sent off to take care of a guy fo... المزيد

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 12

535 26 34
بواسطة Spottedfire-Windclan

The sun was setting as Anthony runs across the street, avoiding a few cars as he stands before the restaurant. He lets out a breathe before looking around, where was Joey?

He usually waits by the entrance for him, unless he went inside.

As the white haired man thinks over, a chill goes down his spin and he turns around. The area is deserted, but he felt something was there.

He looks around, feeling a breeze through his hair. As he turns away, he misses something moving in the shadows.

Then, he hears footsteps and looks to see Joey walking towards him.

"There you are, and I thought I was going to be late." said Anthony.

"You usually are, anyway, shall we go in?" asked Joey.

Anthony nods and the two head inside, not noticing the shadows racing under the door. The restaurant is dimly lit and the two meet with the host.

"Tavolo per due, le prenotazioni sono sotto di noi." said Joey.

The host's eyes widen and nods quickly, leading them to a table with a reserve sign on top. The man removes it and allows the two to sit before walking off.

"So this is where Pops comes to have his lunch meetings?" asked Anthony.

"Ya, I love the food here and I think you will too." said Joey.

The white haired man nods to look at the menu, seeing all the food... plus the high prices.

"How the fuck can you and Pops afford to eat here?" asked Anthony.

"We have our ways, trust me Anthony, you can order anything you want." said Joey.

The white haired man nods and looks at the items, missing the longing look on his friends face. Joey lifts his menu and looks it over, taking a deep breathe.

"So, how was lunch?" asked Joey.

"Pretty good, Marie was watching the guys as usual and the waitress wasn't horrible." said Anthony, placing his menu down.

"That's good, she's always been a man chaser, huh?" asked Joey.

"Not really, she just doesn't want Pops to put her with someone she'll hate, if she already has a good guy he'll leave her alone." said Anthony.

Joey hums when the waiter comes over, taking their order. Joey orders an expensive bottle of wine and they place their food order as well.

The waiter nods to walk away, leaving the two alone.

"So Anthony, I was wondering something, are you interested in relationships?" asked Joey.

"Well ya, just waiting to meet the right person." lied Anthony.

As he says this, Anton again enters his head and he smiles gently.

He wishes he could have stayed longer, hearing the brunette play on the piano more, even have dinner with him along with Natalie and Harold. Plus he still wants to see what magic the raven haired butler can do.

As he thinks of his boyfriend, he fails to notice Joey looking at him with a smile of his own.

"Well Anthony, there is something I need to tell you, I just don't know how to say it." said Joey.

"Hm, what do you mean?" asked Anthony.

"You see, Tony, I-" started Joey.

Just as he starts, there's a yelp and a waitress crashes near them, spilling hot food and soup onto the man. Joey yelps out in pain, jumping up to wipe the burning food off him.

The waitress is shaking as she apologies, using a towel to try and wipe it off. Anthony is stunned but looks to the ground.

The place was clean and spotless, plus the rug was smooth. What caused the waitress to trip?

Most of the burning food is wiped off and the waitress is waved off by Joey, who now sits with red cheeks.

"Are you okay, maybe we should get you something if there are burns." said Anthony.

"No, no I'm fine, nothing I can't handle." laughed Joey.

It was a very awkward laugh and Anthony narrows his eyes, it hurt a hell of a lot more than he's letting on.

They sit in silence as their food finally arrives. Joey tucks in immediately while Anthony takes his time.

It was delicious, maybe if he saves up the money he and Anton can come here for a date... or a 'business meeting' he should say.

"Hey Joey, what was it you wanted to say, you know, before the waitress interrupted you." said Anthony.

"Huh, oh right that, well uh, what I wanted to say was..." muttered Joey.

The words don't come as a loud snap echos around them and Joey falls, landing on the ground.

"What the fuck?!" he demanded.

Anthony puts a hand to his face, trying not to laugh as his friend starts getting up. As he does, the white haired man notices that the leg of the chair was broken.

It didn't look worn or anything, it looked like it was snapped. That makes no sense, how could the leg of a new chair snap with Joey in it, the guy was skinny.

As the host panics and apologies to the injured man, Anthony can't help but feel something was going on.

Joey sends the host away and gets a new chair, taking a slow seat to see if it would also break.

"Now that, that is a string of bad luck." said Anthony.

"Ugh, no kidding, let's just finish our food." said Joey, now in a grumpy mood.

The meal is continued in silence and soon the bill arrives but with a few words with the waiter and then the host and they leave without paying.

They exit the restaurant, entering the cool night air. There was barely any cars around as it's late.

"Well, that was the most interesting dinner I've ever gone to." said Anthony.

"I know, what the fuck is wrong with this place?" grumbled Joey.

The two are silent before bursting out laughing, the awkward, embarrassment from early now a memory to laugh at.

The two calm down as thunder echos over head. Anthony shivers at the sound, he doesn't like thunderstorms.

He's been scared of them since he was a kid, and a rival mob broke into the house and attacked them. He was alone, hiding under his bed as all he could hear was the loud sound of thunder mixed with gun fire.

They survived but his mother had to have an emergency surgery for a bullet wound. She almost didn't survive, especially when an infection started in. Luckily she's a tough woman and pulled through, but ever since that night he's hated the loud noise and flashes of thunderstorms.

"Hey, I think it's about time we start heading home, a storm is coming in." said Anthony, hiding his fear.

"I guess, but, Anthony." said Joey.

The white haired man is already walking away when his wrist is grabbed. He looks back to his friend who's face is red and pulls the white haired man closer.

Anthony is stunned as Joey stands closer but then there's a noise. The two look to see a car rushing at them and the two jump away.

The car crashes into the side of the building, barely missing Joey and missing Anthony by a long shot.

Anthony is shocked and looks to see the car empty and the street still deserted. How did a parked car almost run them over?!

No, not them, Joey, the car was aiming for Joey, not him.

Getting to his feet, Anthony finds Joey shaking on the ground, eyes wide open.

"What the fuck is going on tonight, why me, ugh, Anthony, I'm sorry, but I need to get home now, I'll see you later." said Joey, panicking.

The white haired man doesn't get another word in before his friend is back on his feet, running down the sidewalk. The mobster sighs and gets up, walking the other way.

Tonight really was strange, what was with all the bad luck with Joey, usually he's a very lucky guy. He once found a hundred dollar bill in a box of cereal, seriously!

Thunder claps loud over head, causing Anthony to freeze, shit the storm! The white haired man starts running now but it soon starts raining.

He gets soaked but soon spots a building with a large awning and rushes to it. He sighs, dripping wet as the rain falls even harder.

Great, he's stuck out in soaking wet clothes, it's pouring with no taxis running and there's thunder and lightning out too.

Just perfect, anyone who recognizes him as a member of the Italian mafia will know his weakness. But for now he seems okay as there was no one around.

He leans against the window of the shop when lightning flashes, followed by the loud clap of thunder.

Anthony whimpers, covering his ears to shut his eyes. He shakes a bit as he flashes back to that night, his mother hurt and his brother and father still missing in the gun fight.

The storm rages on and before long, the white haired man sinks to the ground, shaking as the loud noise and bright flashes continue aggressively over head.

Tears shine in the corner of his eyes as he pulls himself tightly together, hands over his ears with his eyes shut tight. Why now, why when he was trapped in the middle of nowhere?

Anthony wants to cry when he feels arms around him, making him flinch badly.

He opens his eyes to see a body hugging him, who was this? He feels a hand petting the back of his head and smells a familiar cologne.

"An-Anton?" asked Anthony.

The man moves to reveal it was indeed the radio host.

"Sorry if I scared you, Cher, but you looked to need it." said Anton with a smile.

"Wha- but, how did you..." started the mobster.

"I heard on the radio there was a big storm coming and I was worried you wouldn't have a ride." said Anton, rubbing the back of his neck.

Anthony nods when another clap of thunder echos, making him whimper to cover his mouth, a few tears slipping down his cheek. Anton frowns to grab his love's arms, pulling close into a hug.

"It'll be okay, Anthony, come on, you'll come home with me, I'll keep you safe." said Anton.

Anthony let's out a huff to hug onto the man tighter, more tears falling free.

"This is stupid, I'm in the fucking mob and I'm afraid of thunder storms." said Anthony, letting out a hollow laugh.

"Nothing wrong with that, everyone has something they fear." said Anton.

The white haired man nods as he gets helped to his feet, holding on tightly to the brunette's arm. Anton smiles at him to reveal an umbrella, opening it so that the two of them could walk out into the rain.

They cross the road, coming to the familiar car with Anton open the door for him. Anthony gets inside, having the door shut after him. He sighs as the driver's door is opened, Anton plopping down to close his umbrella, throwing it in the backseat.

"Sorry about getting your seats wet." said Anthony.

"No worries, darling, my seats will dry, though I'm more worried about you, how does a hot bath sound?' asked Anton.

"Sounds amazing, this rain is cold." said Anthony.

The radio host chuckles lightly to start the car, pulling out onto the road to drive back to his house.

Anthony sighs, closing his eyes to trying and block out the storm. As more thunder rumbles overhead, something lands on his hand.

Opening his eyes, the mobster looks to see Anton holding his hand though his gaze remained on the road. Smiling with red cheeks, Anthony squeezes the hand gently, ignoring the thunder as it rumbles over head more.

They soon reach the house and Anton pulls into the garage again. He gets out with Anthony and holding him close, the two enter the house.

It was dark, Natalie and Harold having gone to bed already. The two climb up the stairs to the radio host's bedroom and enter the room.

Anthony stands by the door while Anton grabs some clothes, his extra pair of pajamas. He hands them over with a smile before pointing at another door.

"The bathroom is over there, just let me know when you're done, okay?" asked Anton.

"Ya, thanks for this, Anton." said Anthony, smiling happily.

The brunette smiles at him and watches the mobster enter the bathroom, shutting the door behind him.

Entering his room again, Anton starts undressing to change into his pajamas.

He was pleased, everything had gone as he planned. He knew that Joey guy liked Anthony, he knew he was trying to take him away.

But any chance of confessing was gone, the shadows had done their job to keep him from confessing his meaningless feelings.

But when they'd reported that he grabbed his Anthony and pulled him, that was when the misfortune began. Joey wouldn't die, no that would be too much, but now he would be plagued with bad luck for the rest of his days.

Anton smiles devilishly as he finishes getting dressed into his pajamas. He removes his glasses to place them on the bedside table, running a hand through his hair.

He was scared about the car, but with the shadows in control there was no way Anthony would be hurt, but it still worried him.

Joey did prove to be a bad friend, abandoning the white haired man in the rain.

Anton had no idea that his darling was afraid of thunder storms, so once he knew he ran to his car and raced through the rain to come to his love's aid.

But it was all over now, Anthony was safe and back home with him. Nothing could harm him now.

Anton had just sat down when the bedroom door opens, revealing Anthony in his pajamas, looking much better.

"Thanks for the change of clothes, um, do you have a spare room?" asked Anthony.

"I do, would you be okay sleeping in the spare room?" asked Anton.

Anthony opens his mouth when a loud crackle of thunder comes, making the white haired man flinch badly. The brunette smiles gently to get up, walking over to grab his love's hand, pulling him close.

"Perhaps you'll be better in here, but no funny business, okay?" asked Anton.

"Ya, you told me sex isn't your thing, I wouldn't make you do something you weren't comfortable with." said Anthony, looking at him sweetly.

"Oh, many would be upset to have a sexless relationship." said Anton.

"Well, maybe if you ever feel comfortable to try it, than we could, but till then I'm perfectly happy with what we have, consent is sexy, you know." giggled Anthony with a wink.

This makes the radio host laugh as well as he pulls his love to the bed, letting him lay on it. The two get under the covers and Anton has just switched off the lamp when the thunder roars again.

Anthony shakes but is soon pulled close to the brunette, wrapped in his arms.

"I'm here, my Anthony, you're safe." said Anton soothingly.

Anthony sighs and snuggles closer into the embrace, wrapping his own arms around Anton's middle.

This is all new to the brunette, but he finds that with it being Anthony, he doesn't mind at all. In fact, he loves cuddling with his love, just like they talked about after their first date.

'My Anthony, you will always be safe with me.' thought Anton.

It wasn't long before both men fell asleep, the storm ranging on outside. But the sounds could no longer reach the white haired man as he slumbers on.

And they remained sleeping through out the rest of the stormy night.

*~* HAZBIN HOTEL *~*

A yawn escapes from Harold as he walks into the kitchen, smelling the fresh pancakes and coffee the small Japanese girl was cooking up.

"Morning, Natalie, sleep well?" asked Harold, grumbling a bit as he gets his cup of coffee.

"I did, the storm was nice to listen to, say, can you go wake Anton up for me?" asked Natalie.

Harold only hums as he gulps down his coffee, rubbing a hand through his hair. When he opens them he find the young girl staring at him.

"You okay?" asked Harold.

"Oh uh yes, just please, um, please wake Anton." said Natalie, quickly looking away.

Harold stares a moment longer before shrugging, the kid was always weird. He leaves the kitchen to walk up the stairs, after what he witnessed last night, he wonders if Anton will be out all day.

'He can't though, he has his radio show today.' he thought.

Coming to the bedroom, Harold knocks loudly on the door.

"Anton, hey, get your lazy ass up, if I can't sleep in, neither can you!" yelled Harold.

He's meet with silence and groans before grabbing the doorknob. He opens the door to look inside to freeze.

Anton was indeed still fast asleep, but what shocked the man more was that he wasn't alone. Sleeping in the bed with, snuggled up close was Anthony!

'When did he come back?' wondered Harold.

He stares for a minute longer before seeing movement.

One of the shadows in the room warps into a shadow creature with deer ears. The two stare at each other before the shadow lifts a finger, telling Harold to be quiet.

The man just shuts the door slowly and quietly walks back down the stairs and to the kitchen. He enters the room to grab a plate sit down to eat.

"Harold, where's Anton and why do you look like you saw a spook?" asked Natalie.

Harold finishes his bite to remain silent before looking over.

"Uh, Anton will be down later, and can I get some more coffee?" asked Harold.

NOTE: Anton ruined any plan Joey had with Anthony, but was he truly going to confess, or was it something else? And poor Anthony, left to fed for himself in a bad storm, least till Anton swooped in to save the day. What will happen next? Stay tuned~

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

48.7K 1.5K 94
~ Dangerous Desires is a continuation of Secret Confessions. ~ ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• Alastor had his happiness rip...
110K 3.4K 18
🤍 COMPLETED STORY 🤍 {WARNING; this story contains themes such as. Abuse, Swearing, Drug references, slight NSFW smut themes, AND DUMB ASS PUNS} ♪──...
175K 5.1K 30
Upon stumbling across the Hazbin Hotel after losing her home in Hell, Aria had no choice but to stay there. The young lioness demon refused to accept...
232K 6.4K 70
A young woman named Ariel is messing around one night and accidentally summons a trickster demon by mistake. Well...maybe not mistake, but she didn'...