Speechless.

By M1lkl0rd

Alexander Hamilton cannot speak as fluent as he would have liked to. He stumbles over his words. He needs a l... More

Your Chief Editor
Socially Unaccepted

Drama.

4 0 0
By M1lkl0rd

Henry's car pulled up into the parking lot. The man got out of his car and called John. He stood there on the concrete, staring down at his phone. "Goddammit John, answer me."

After one try he answered. The sounds of fumbling made his eyes roll .

"AH SORRY DAD I WAS WATCHING A SHOW WITH ALEX-", he yelled over the phone. Henry jerked back. "Quiet down now... Where are you? I'm in the parking lot now."

"Uhhh-" John looked around for a moment, thinking about how to describe his location. "I can't really describe it but I'll meet you there with Alex, cya-"

John hung up.

----------------

Alex jumped up and got his things. "W-w-we finish th-this l-later?"

John nodded. "Of course! We should go now- my father is in the parking lot" He grabbed Alex's hand and hauled his backpack up, "Les go babey".

They headed down the gravel path, Alex pointing out different animals he spotted as he walked. At one point he even saw a squirrel which he called arnie for some reason.

John had noted to get him a squirrel toy from the National Geographic store.

They made it to the parking lot, their attention drawing to the family car and henry notedly standing in the middle, looking down at his phone. "DAD!" he yelled out, causing Alex to flinch back. "Oh sorry, bud-" Alex just shrugged and smiled.

John walked down hand-in-hand with Alex, who kinda skipped a bit. He skipped when he was happy.

Henry looked up at the sound of the gravel being shoveled around. Alex waved slightly, which in return the older Laurens promptly waved back.

John sighed and strengthened his grip on Alex's hand, slightly reassuring him. Even though he was happy, he was so sure Alex had more things going on in there than he had let on. Which is fine, he just wanted to let Alex know he was here to help.

Henry greeted them. He pulled John into a hug and signed Alex a hello (he didn't want to overwhelm the boy with his booming voice). He happily signed a 'hello' back. "Okay, so the plan is that you - I guess sign us out? I don't know, I know for sure that Peter won't be happy if he were to come out of work to sign Alex out. Do you think they'll let you?" John answered, kinda kicking the gravel.

"Mmm. It's a tricky situation. I can go check in the front office. I would've suggested you boys stay in the car but I believe you guys have to come with me so if that's fine with Alex, I need you guys to come with me." Henry suggested.

John looked over at Alex, his eyes asking 'are you okay with this?'. Alex got the memo and nodded. John gave his father who gave the thumbs up.

The small group collected themselves and headed up to the front office, Alex's grip strengthening and John's hand. John looked over at Alex, his eyes telling him everything he needed to know.

The front office was brightly decorated. There were copious amounts of floral designed patterns staining the room. It matched the school ideal of 'old merges with the new'. It smelt however. Maybe it was the mold problem the school had or the rotting of the old wood. One couldn't tell the difference; a major surprise it wasn't a designated health hazard.

Henry would remember this.

Henry motioned for the boys to sit down as he went to the front desk and knocked promptly on the wooden bench, waiting for one of the office workers to greet him.

A young woman spun around in her office chair, the sound of the rust making Alex immediately pull down his hat and John laughing as he watched Alex's reaction who quietly cursed at his boyfriend.

"What can I do for you, Mr. Laurens?" She said, pushing up her glasses. "Well okay. I got a call from my son this morning-" he turned around, motioning to John and then promptly turned back. "My son's best friend had a meltdown this morning. I'm sure you've met Alexander before. He's a very nice and caring boy. Anyways, my son called me informing me that Alex can't stay at school because he is so overwhelmed. So, what we came up with is that I would come and take them both home. I don't know if you're aware but Alexander's foster parent has severe anger issues and he doesn't like any interference with his work and me and John were both concerned about Alexander's safety with his father getting a call like that. Now, I'm sure that I am on Alexander's emergency contact. If I could please take both of my boys-well my son and his friend, I would be very grateful" He finished, crossing his fingers that he can do this and it would all be over.

The young woman nodded. "One second," She said as she got up. "If you could please take a seat I should only be a few minutes. I need to go look at Alexanders case and talk to my superiors."

She got up and left.

Henry sighed and sat down next to his son. "Now we play the waiting game...." He sighed and picked up some magazine that was based on education improvements or whatever.

John slowly picked at the wood on the coffee table, and Alex was just staring at Johns's finger, watching as he chipped off the wood. He soon followed and did the same thing as john, chipping the wood off in sync. He giggled as John flicked his finger. Soon it would turn into a 'finger war', which ended up with John being scolded and Alex laughing until he cried.

Alex decided this morning ended up being a good morning.

----------

"Mister Laurens! May I talk with you and Alexander in the small room? It'll only be for a second" She called from her spot behind the cabinets.

"W-w-w-why can't John come?" Alex's eyes widened at the lack of John's name being mentioned.

Henry shrugged. "Maybe an important matter. I'm very sorry Alex."

His eyes were now glassy. He grabbed onto John's T-shirt. "P-p-please!" He yelped.

"Hey, Alex it'll be okay. It's not the end of the world if I can't go in with you. You're just going to talk a little, then you can come to see me. I will not move from my spot I pinky promise" He held out his pinky for his boyfriend who quickly took it, wrapping his pinky around Johns. "G-good."

------

Henry and Alex walked into the small room where they were met with the young lady once more. Henry pulled out a chair for Alex, who gratefully sat down, smiling thankfully at the older man. Henry soon sat down next to him.

Alex sighed and rested his arms on the table, softly counting inside his head.

1 2 3 4 5

"Sorry to make this longer than it should be. You simply cannot take Alexander from here I'm afraid. He still needs parental permission."

678910-

Alex gasped, trying to maintain is breathing.

'Oh no Peter will be mad '

'No no no no no-'

'I need John'

Alex couldn't think. He can't find out.

He just can't...

Henry shook his head, "there's gotta be another way. He can't be called" He stated, his words spilling out. "I'm sorry mister Laurens, I can go call him fo-" "NO" He yelled, cutting her off. "Please do not call him. I must. Alexander, please tell me Peter's phone number"

He couldn't respond. The emotions inside him were just building up, and like a dam, it would flow rapidly.

"N-n-no n-n-need J-J-J-John.." He cried, shaking more rapidly. Henry sighed. "Alexander needs to go and take a breather. He must be excused."

The woman sighed. "If he must."

Henry immediately got up and opened the door for Alex, who immediately rushed out and jumped into John's open arms.

He bit his lip in anger, shutting the door once he noticed Alex relaxing. "Look-give me his number lady. I must be the one to call him."

" I can't just give out his number! Thats illegal!" She yelled back at him.

"Ma'am I work for congress. Just-I'm his emergency contact god dang it. Give me his number. Don't make this more traumatising than it needs to be. We have an upset boy out there who needs to escape this environment and you are making this so much more difficult. That boy has serious mental issues. He can't take care of himself at the moment. His mind is against him and he needs support, and right now me and John are his only support. Now give me his number or I'll file a complaint and take this to a higher order. Don't think I won't, I know a lot of people who work in that field. I demand now, that you will give up his number. You are being unprofessional and not handling this like an adult. This is a child's safety we are talking about right now. Screw the law, I have morals. I will not let a child suffer." He finished, his face pink and his hands sweaty.

She nodded pathetically. "Fine."

She looked down and read out the number, which Henry quickly entered in. "Thank you."

----

He dialed the number and it was quickly answered.

He made sure to put it on speaker, just so he could have proof of the approval.

"Hello is this Peter Fitzgerald?"

A gruff voice responded.

"Yes, this is Peter. Now who is this, I got shit to do man"

"I'm Henry Laurens, your foster son's best friends father-"

"What did my boy do now. For fucks sakes that kid has to mess up all the god dang time. What did he do? Kill a kid? No? By-"

"Do not hang up. I am here to collect your son who had a meltdown at school. He no longer feels safe in the environment. Now I'm seeking permission to take him home if that is alright with you."

The line went quiet for a second.

Then the gruff voice appeared once more.

"Yeah yeah, do whatever you want with the kid. Bring him home at seven, I'll be home by then."

He then hung up.

"What a pleasant conversation," Henry stated as he put his phone away. "There. Now may I take my boys home?"

She nodded. "You may." She got up and grabbed her things.

"Thank you." He got up and opened the door and saw his boys laying there on the couch. They were sharing John's torn up earphones and watching something.

He headed over and tapped on John's shoulder, who yelped in surprise but quickly pulled the earpiece out. "We have permission. Let's go boys. How about we stop by McDonald's and get some happy meals, boys?" He smiled as they both eagerly nodded.

And with that

They were off.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

861K 52.9K 117
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
356K 15.4K 39
જ⁀➴ᡣ𐭩 hidden, various hazbin hotel characters x female reader જ⁀➴ᡣ𐭩 𝑰𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 we follow an angel named y/n, who had her bes...
166K 4.9K 51
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) ⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆ IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...
96.5K 3K 76
Alastor X Female Reader You and Alastor have been best friends since you were 5 years old. With Alastor being the famous serial killer of your time...