✓ | 𝐎𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐀 𝐁𝐋𝐔𝐄...

By -lunatichale

ONCE IN A BLUE MOON | "ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ ʟᴏᴜᴅᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ꜱᴀʀᴄᴀꜱᴛɪᴄ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴍᴇ. ɪ'ᴍ ᴏɴᴄᴇ ɪɴ ᴀ ʙʟᴜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ... More

𝐎𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐀 𝐁𝐋𝐔𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐍
━ 𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐇
━ 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
━ 𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄
1. Definition Of Insane
2. Howdy, Cowboy
3. Death Feels
4. Alice's Vision
5. Gold With Amber Highlights
6. The Classic Soulmate Bond
━ 𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄
7. Reminiscence
8. As Sweet As Churros With Melted Chocolate
9. Pompoms and Itsy Bitsy Skirts
10. Gossip City
11. A Cheerleader's Misdirection
12. The Gay Former Cheerleader
13. Forever Damaged
14. Be Aggressive
15. The Cat Is Out Of The Bag
━ 𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎
━ 𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄
16. Missing Person
17. As Red As Fire
18. Modern She-Devil
19. Voice Of An Angel
21. Werewolves' Den
22. Right Hook
23. Her Courage Was Her Crown
24. You Lose, Major
25. The Art Of Sarcasm
26. Raging Storm
27. Gold, Black, And Crimson
━ 𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
28. A Really Aggressive Butterfly
29. Till The Moon Is Upside Down
30. Grace, Lace, and Someone Smacked In The Face
31. Bizarre Love Triangle
32. Is The Moon Upside Down Already?
33. Valerie Sutherland
34. A Sack Of Flesh And Bones
35. Vampire Quarantine
36. Wild Things
37. Hear Me Roar
━ 𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑
38. Dysfunctional Family
39. Happy Birthday To Me
40. Unbelievably Kinky
41. Mr. & Mrs. Hale
42. Blood-stained Wedding Dress
43. After Party
44. Take Me To Paradise
45. Honeymoon Crasher
━ 𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄
46. I'll Scream At You Louder
47. The Immortal Children
48. What's Worth Dying For, If Not Love?
49. Most Precious Trophy
50. Stormy Weather
51. A Little Bonfire And A Voice That Makes Everything Brighter
52. The Redcoats Are Coming
53. The Complete Equation
54. Jesse And Serena
━ 𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
━ 𝟏𝟎𝟎𝐊 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐋

20. In The Fur

24.6K 819 1.2K
By -lunatichale

[The song above is what Luna's gonna sing later :)]

╒══════╡°•✦•°╞══════╕

ONCE IN A BLUE MOON
𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓯𝓾𝓻

╘══════╡°•✧•°╞══════╛

"I FINALLY HEARD YOU SING." Jasper stated as he leaned on the doorframe of his bedroom.

Luna sat in front of the piano with her hands closing the lid. She shot Jasper a quick glance before returning it to the shiny black instrument.

"It's liberating. Playing and singing again. I haven't done that in a while." Luna said, her gaze not leaving the piano as she admired it.

The honey-blonde vampire looks down sheepishly as he pushed himself off the doorframe and steps inside the room, his head still down and his hands inside the pocket of his pants.

"Perhaps, I should take over the playing and you focus on the singing." Jasper suggested.

Considering that Jasper has been wanting to hear Luna sing while he plays, which led to him imagining what it would be like if it did happen, he took it upon himself to suggest the idea and find out if the raven-haired girl is up for it.

"You play the piano? I thought you cowboys only ride horses and play the guitar." Luna said. She raised an eyebrow amusingly at the honey-blonde while she rose from the seat.

"That's stereotypical." Jasper said, narrowing his eyes at the girl with a smile on his lips. "But I had years of free time to learn it. So...shall we?"

"Why not?" Luna answered.

Jasper couldn't hide the smile that formed on his lips as he made his way down to the piano. He sat in front of it and lifted the lid to show the black and white row of keys. His eyes then averted to his soulmate who leaned on the piano as she looks at the honey-blonde.

"What song should we do, ma'am?" Asked Jasper.

She came up with a lot of songs. But the last one that she remembered puts a smile on her face. It was a song that she sang most of her childhood.

"Why Try To Change Me Now by Frank Sinatra." Luna suggested.

Jasper raises an eyebrow and smirks. "Great choice."

Luna smiles in return before Jasper averted his gold eyes to the piano keys. He pressed the piano keys ever-so-lightly and the melody seemed to float in the air. If they were in a cartoon right now, musical notes would be flying around them.

As Jasper played the piano with complete grace, Luna seemed to can't take her golden eyes off of him. The only time that she gets to take her eyes off of him was when she braced herself to start the lyrics, averting her eyes to how he pressed the keys. She's quite afraid that she'd jumble up the words if she keeps staring at Jasper.

"I'm sentimental, so I walk in the rain." Luna sang.

The moment the voice of his soulmate echoed in the room, his head looked up at her, seeing the face of an angel that matches the voice of an angel.

"I've got some habits. Even I can't explain. I go to the corner. I end up in Spain."

After those lyrics come out of her lips with the most soothing melody ever, her eyes met Jasper's and the two seemed captivated by each other. Jasper unknowingly kept playing as Luna did the same.

"Why try to change me now?"

Hearing the phenomenal music coming from Jasper's room, the rest of the Cullens couldn't just ignore the sound that seemed to come from the gates of heaven.

With their steps careful and quiet, they appear in the doorway of the room and watched as the two lovebirds communicate their love through the music and the looks they're giving each other.

"So let people wonder. Let 'em laugh. Let 'em frown. You know I'll love you. Till the moon's upside down."

This was one-hundred times better than when Jasper imagined. He felt like he was in cloud-nine as he watched the raven-haired girl sing her heart out. His beating heart was fluttering because of her. He felt so lucky to be her soulmate.

She's the one.

"Don't you remember? I was always your clown. Why try to change me, why would you want to change me."

Luna feels like she's in a trance, enchanted by the honey-blonde vampire in front of her. He makes her feel something that she hadn't felt before. It was new and foreign, and dare she say, extraordinary. She felt so lucky to be his soulmate.

He's the one.

"Why try to change...me now."

The song does not reflect any of their lives, but it was a song that somehow made them feel connected. A song that captivated each other's souls. It was their own theme song, if one might say.

The song came to a close as Jasper's fingers worked on the keys to finish the outro. And when it did, his gaze looked back up at the glistening golden eyes of the raven-haired girl.

None of the Cullens dared to make a sound. They stared at the two anticipating the next thing that will happen.

After three dreadfully long seconds, the most unexpected words came out of Luna's mouth.

"Let's try this." Luna said so quietly, it was almost a whisper.

Okay, big leap. So much for baby steps, Luna. She thought to herself.

"What?" Jasper said, not being able to register what she just said completely.

"You know...us. I want to give us a chance." Luna said, a slightly sheepish smile (which is very rare) appearing on her pinkish lips.

Jasper has his eyes slightly widened as he staggered to stand up and move away from the piano to stand in front of her.

"Are you serious? Are you sure? We don't have to rush things." Jasper said, clearing it all up just to make sure that Luna isn't just saying this without thinking.

"I keep myself locked up because I'm afraid of getting hurt again. What I experienced was traumatizing and I don't know if I'll ever be whole again. But after the darkness, comes you. And I think it's the universe's way of telling me that you can help me heal." Luna said, her eyes continuing to glisten as her voice slightly cracks.

"I know the universe thing is a bit lame--" Luna said but Jasper cuts her off.

"No, it's perfect."

"Don't cut me off."

"Yes ma'am."

The Cullens shook their heads in silent laughter before they continue to watch the two with admiration and excitement filling the air.

"Will you help me heal, Jasper?" Luna muttered.

A loving smile stretches on Jasper's lips as one appears on Luna's as well.

"It would be my greatest honor." Jasper said with his voice resembling that of a song. "Does that mean...we're official...like we're--"

"Oh God, you are such a dork. Yes." Luna told him, her smile never fails to brighten up Jasper's day.

Jasper tried to keep himself together as excitement rushed through his veins. He finally has her. She's finally his girlfriend and he's finally her boyfriend. They're official!

"Can I please hug you and lift you from the ground?" Jasper asked Luna.

Everyone could sense the happiness and excitement clear in Jasper's voice. They can't help but laugh and smile at how adorably happy this honey-blonde vampire looked. It's about time that he finds someone that would make him incredibly cheerful.

"Yes, you dork!" Luna exclaimed and Jasper didn't waste another second.

The vampire wrapped his strong arms around the slim body of the girl and lifts her in the air, causing a giggle to slip out of her mouth that was most definitely the second most amazing sound he has ever heard. The first being her voice.

"I ship them so hard..." Rosalie muttered as she watched the two. "I'm the captain!" She suddenly exclaimed.

Alice whips her head towards the blonde girl and she gives her an incredulous look.

"No, you're not. I am!" Alice argued.

The utterance of the two female vampires caused Jasper and Luna to avert their attention to them as he settles her back to the ground.

"Why do you get to be captain?" Rose asked.

"Because I've been shipping them before you guys did." Alice retorted.

"That's unfair!"

"Is it? Is it?"

"You girls keep arguing. I'm just glad Jazz and Moonie here finally get to be happy together." Emmett chimed in, a wide smile planted on his lips.

"Me too. You guys deserve each other." Esme said with a warm smile on her lips.

"So am I." Carlisle said, unwrapping his arm from Esme's waist before making his way towards the raven-haired girl.

"You've been through so much, Luna. So did Jasper. You two deserve happiness. And I'm happy you found them in each other." Carlisle said.

He looked at Luna as if she was his own daughter, like how he looked at his other adoptive children.

Luna returned the smile warmly as she muttered "Thank you."

"You're welcome." Carlisle said, then he suddenly turned to Rosalie and Alice.

"And I should be the captain of this ship because I'm the one who figured out that they're soulmates." Carlisle justified.

Luna shakes her head along with Jasper as their smiles widened.

Rosalie and Alice could only stare at their foster father, trying to come up with a comeback. But they gave up and just answered simultaneously.

"That's fair." Rosalie said.

"Okay, fine." Alice responded.

Luna's golden eyes met Jasper's and the two stared at each other lovingly as their hands intertwined with each other.

"I love you, till the moon is upside down." He said, repeating the lyrics from the song that stuck to him the most.

Luna opens her mouth to say the same thing, but she couldn't find it in her to say those words. She kept forcing herself but it only made her feel frustrated.

"It's okay, darlin'. You don't have to say it if you're not ready. For now, I'm gonna say it for the both of us." Said Jasper.

How did I get so lucky?

─── ❖ ── ✦ ── ❖ ───

The weekend went by fast and Bella finally got back from her bonding time with Renee. Bella gave Luna their mom's graduation present for her. Bella got a quilt made out of their trip t-shirts while Luna got Renee's collection of vinyl records.

Don't get her wrong, she loved the records. But she kept going on and on about why Renee had given her a bunch of vinyl records when she doesn't have a vinyl record player to use them? That just means that she'll have to buy one. So, Luna asked Jasper to come with her after school to buy a vinyl record player.

Luna broke the news to Bella about her and Jasper's new status and she couldn't be happier for her twin sister. It was about time she gets her well-deserved happiness.

Luna decided that she'll wait until tonight to tell Charlie about Jasper. She has no idea how he'll handle it, but she hopes it's better than what she had imagined.

The familiar silver Volvo pulled up at the front of the Swan Residence and the twin sisters said their goodbyes to their dad before approaching the car and climbing in it.

"Hey, boyfriend." Luna greeted happily after she climbed in the backseat where the honey-blonde is seated.

"Hey, girlfriend." Jasper said with his soothing voice.

Their hands automatically intertwined with one another as Luna clung on to his arm like her life depended on it.

"Geez, Luna. It's not like Jasper's suddenly gonna disappear to the moon or something." Edward commented, which earned him a glare from the raven-haired girl.

"Hey, cowboy?" Luna called out to Jasper even with her gaze fixated on Edward.

"Yes, darlin'?" He asked.

"Can you feel my burning desire to pull Edward's tongue out of his mouth?" She asked him.

Jasper chuckled. Not only because of Luna's statement, but also because he could actually feel her urge to rip Edward's tongue out.

"In fact, I do, Selene." Jasper said, not hiding the smirk on his face.

"Can I please do it?" Luna said through gritted teeth.

"I don't think it's a good idea." Jasper replied.

"That's all the answer I need." Luna said before she staggered towards Edward with little grace and pouring with rage, causing Edward to move away in surprise, Jasper to wrap his arms around Luna's waist, and Bella to just laugh in silence.

"Hey, hey, Selene?" Jasper said as he tried to keep Luna away from Edward.

"Yes, honey?" She replied with a mix of admiration for Jasper and fury for Edward, who was simply smiling in amusement.

"You look extra beautiful today." Jasper stated.

Luna averted her eyes from Edward and towards Jasper, her gaze softening as her blue-eyed contact lenses met Jasper's golden eyes.

"I do?" She asked, looking at him rather sheepishly.

"Yes, you do. So, if you attack Edward now, everything will be messed up." Jasper said.

Luna stayed silent for a few seconds, thinking about what Jasper said before coming up with a unanimous decision with her classy self and her outraged self.

"I'll get you after school, Edwardo." Luna said, sending him a glare in the process.

Edward shakes his head as a soft laugh leaves his lips before he finally started driving.

A couple of minutes passed and the two couples arrived at school with minutes to spare. Jasper and Luna stepped out first of the car.

Jasper held her hand as she climbs out of the car and once she was out, she twirled her around as if they were dancing. A smile widened at Luna's lips, making Jasper's to widen even more.

Jasper went behind her and hugged her, not having to ask permission to embrace her or hold her hand because Luna had already told him that she trusts him so he doesn't have to ask every time.

Jasper whispered a bunch of sweet things into Luna's ear as he held her from behind, which caused the raven-haired girl's heart to leap in joy.

Edward and Bella were taking quite long to step out of the silver car, which Luna and Jasper didn't mind. To them, it was just another excuse for them to be together more before they separate to go to their first class.

But the smile of the two fades from their lips when their sense of smell caught the scent of something awful.

"Why does it smell like a wet dog?" Luna asked.

Jasper's gaze stiffened as he slowly unwraps his arms from Luna.

"If I tell you to stay here, would you listen?" Jasper asked.

"Of course not." Luna replied.

Jasper nodded once. "Figured."

He holds her hand as Bella and Edward made their way out of the car. The same bothered expression that was plastered on Jasper's face was also in Edward's.

Bella and Edward led the way while Jasper and Luna walked behind them, hand in hand. Luna's eyes were narrowed as she tried to find where that smell was coming from, until a well-built guy in a black shirt appeared from her sight.

He has this aura of someone who can be both dangerous and harmless. When he turned around, she saw how his muscles were flexed with his arms crossed against each other and the intense glare that the guy was giving them.

Despite the hotness this guy was displaying, Luna was not at all fazed. Not when she's totally in love with the owner of the hand she's holding.

"Hey." Bella greeted the unamused guy.

"Charlie said you left town." Jacob said, his expression not changing.

"Yeah. To visit my mom. Why?" Bella asked.

Edward could not hold back his smile anymore, but now it was filled with sarcasm and bitterness.

"Just checking to see if you're still human." Edward said, a sarcastic scoff following after.

Everyone felt so tensed while Luna was left out. She had no idea what was going on and who was the person standing in front of them. And since no one's planning on introducing the guy to her, she took it upon herself to do an introduction.

"I'm Luna." Said the raven-haired girl.

Jacob's eyes shifted towards the girl and he narrowed his eyes, she looked familiar to him and her name also sounded familiar. It only took him a second before he could recognize her.

"The same Luna who threw not mudpie, but literal mud at my face?" Jacob asked, a small smile forming on his lips.

Luna's eyes slightly widened in realization.

"Wait..." Luna started. "You're Jacob?"

"In the flesh." Jacob said, a smirk replacing the smile on his face.

"Huh. I was expecting something like 'in the fur' but whatever." Luna said and shrugged.

Jacob couldn't fight the soft laugh that escaped him before he became serious again when he noticed Luna's hand intertwined with Jasper's.

"Too bad. They got to you, too." Jacob said.

All signs of amusement from both Jacob's and Luna's faces vanished when the words escaped his mouth.

"Look, I'm here to warn you." Jacob said when he turned back to Edward. "If your kind comes on our land again..."

"Wait, what?" Bella asked.

Luna looks away from Bella when her eyes landed on her, not wanting to be grilled about what she knows.

"You didn't tell her?" Jacob asked Edward.

Edward stiffened in his position, knowing that Bella would be really mad if he found out that he lied to her.

You're screwed. Luna thought and Edward could only glare at the raven-haired girl.

"Tell me what?" Bella asked Edward.

Edward looked at Bella with hesitation before he answered.

"Emmett and Paul had a misunderstanding. There's nothing to worry about." Edward answered.

It was true, though. But it was only part of the whole story.

"Listen to you. Did you lie to get her out of town, too?" Jacob said, causing Edward to take steps towards the guy, all while Luna and Jasper simply watched.

"Just leave. Now." Edward threatened. But Jacob was not even the slightest bit threatened by Edward. He never has been.

"She has the right to know. She is what Victoria wants." Jacob said.

"Victoria?" Bella said. "Alice's vision." She said when she turned to Edward.

The bronze-haired vampire glanced at his mate. "I was only trying to protect you."

"By lying to me." Bella said.

There was a moment of silence between them before Bella spoke again.

"Okay, we're gonna talk about this. But--" Bella turns to Jacob. "You. Why haven't you called me back?"

Luna furrowed her eyebrows as she leaned towards her soulmate to whisper something.

"Can you remind me which one is Bella's boyfriend?" She whispered.

Jasper then leaned in as well to whisper back. "Jacob likes to play boyfriend from time to time."

"I had nothing to say." Jacob replied to Bella.

Jacob turns around slowly and starts to walk away. But Bella being her usual stubborn self, tried to come after him.

"Well, I have tons. Hold on." She said as she approached him but not before Edward could hold her back.

"Hey. Bella." He said.

Bella turns around to face her boyfriend while Edward looks at her with a slightly confused look.

"Edward, you have to trust me."

"I do trust you. It's him I don't trust."

Bella said nothing and instead, she slowly walks away from Edward. Luna couldn't help but look at her twin sister incredulously as she makes her way towards Jacob and his motorcycle.

"Is she serious?" Luna asked, her tone hinting the disbelief in it.

Bella climbed in the motorcycle behind Jacob as he gave her a helmet. The guy was grinning like a lottery winner which caused Luna to raise an eyebrow at him.

"Hey. Lose the grin, Jacob. We're just going for a ride." Bella said when she noticed the uncontrollable grin appearing on his lips.

"Hold on tight." Jacob said, his smirk never faltering as he kickstarted the engine.

"Yeah. Don't hit your head this time." Luna reminded her sister.

Bella shot her twin sister a look before she wraps her arms around Jacob and the two drove away from the school, leaving Edward irritated and worried, Jasper disappointed, and Luna confused.

─── ❖ ── ✦ ── ❖ ───

After school, Luna's promise to get Edward was revoked because she thought that worrying about his girlfriend while she spends time with his competition was already punishment enough.

Jasper and Luna just got back to the Cullens' after shopping for a vinyl record player when they found Jackie standing in the middle of the living room next to Alice.

"Oh. Hey, Luna." Jackie greeted.

Luna looked at everyone, confused, before turning back her gaze to Jackie and greeting her back.

"Hey." Luna just said.

"What's going on?" Jasper asked when he noticed everyone gathered in the living room, everyone except Edward who went to the Swan residence to check on Bella.

"Well, the last time Jackie went here, things didn't really turn out well. But now that we all know the truth, maybe we could start again?" Alice asked, looking at everyone's faces to search for their approval.

"Of course. We're sorry for what happened before, Jackie. We're just protective of Luna." Esme said politely with a smile that could brighten up the whole forest.

"I understand." Jackie replied, her British accent once again fluttering Alice's heart.

"Do you mind me asking what it is that I need to know before I ask Alice to be with me?" Jackie said, her way of speaking won't even give you a hint that she was a former cheerleader spitting out cheers.

Jasper and Luna made their way to join the rest of the Cullens as they prepared to tell the British girl the very thing that would change her life forever.

"Jackie, my family and I..." Alice paused before taking a deep breath. "We're vampires."

Rosalie narrows her eyes at the British girl to observe her reaction with her expression the same intimidating one. Jasper was looking straight at Jackie while Luna exchanged glances with Esme, Carlisle, and Emmett.

"You're vampires?" Jackie repeated, her voice holding an skeptical look until she shook her head. "That's impossible. Are you just trying to scare me away?"

"No! No, I would never do that. But it's true. Think about it." Alice told her.

And that's exactly what Jackie did. She thought about it. She thought about how the whole family's eyes are a strange golden color. How their skin was as pale as snow and as cold as ice. How they usually keep to themselves. How they don't eat anything during lunch breaks. How people used to tell her that the Cullens always disappear to go hiking or camping when the sun shone brightly over the gloomy scenery of Forks.

It was all making sense.

"Can someone catch me?" Jackie muttered.

Alice looks at Jackie with furrowed eyebrows, puzzled and concerned before she spoke.

"Why?" Alice asked.

"Because I'm about to faint." Jackie said, and with that, the brunette did faint and land safely in the pixie-haired girl's arms.

"Oh hey, look! That was my exact reaction when I first found out about you bloodsuckers." Luna announced with a wide smile on her face, rather entertained by the whole situation.

The Cullens could only laugh at the girl's response. She really knows how to lighten up the mood.

Then their gazes shot to the other direction when Bella and Edward auddenly barged in the house in a rather agitated manner.

"Something's wrong." Edward said as soon as his eyes met his family.

─── ❖ ── ✦ ── ❖ ───

This is one long-ass chapter. I know. And it's by far, my most favorite chapter in this book. How cute are our babies Jaslene??? Infinity plus one, perhaps?

Oh, and guys, take note of "I love you 'til the moon is upside down." because it's going to be one of the most relevant quotes in this whole book. Much like the Mikaelson family's "Always and forever" (Any TVD/TO fans out here?!?!)

Anyway, I hope you guys liked this chapter! Sneak peek for the next chapter is be up now! Go check it out.

xoxo Sammy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159K 5.9K 37
"There must be a mistake. I am a god damn Michel y/n" you shout at your lungs. "I know. what is your mother's name?" Namjoon asked me. "Jeon Tessa. w...
938K 16.1K 41
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
741K 13.7K 66
Nova Eloise Abbott was the definition of perfect, she lit up her family's and everyone around her life. She was the perfect mix of her father and mot...
747K 29.3K 41
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...