Love's Second Chance

By cdwritings

Kendra has the perfect dad, perfect boyfriend, perfect friends, perfect life. But destiny will play her a dir... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapet 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47

Chapter 21

118 6 1
By cdwritings

The week went by so fast. I cant believe it is Friday already. My first week at the academy couldn't have gone better. School is different than back home but I was able to manage. I got to know more about my roommates, for example I now know Avianna is into fashion, loves pasta and the color Orange. On the other hand, Nyla is into sports, loves hotdogs and is a little bit private. Regardless of their personal preferences, they are both caring and extremely kind. I have grown fond of them.

I've also been in contact with my dad and Nora back at home. I try to cal him everyday but if I can't I just text him. Same with Everly, I try to keep in contact with her. I don't want her thinking that because I left home, I also left her because that will never be the case. Especially now that I know she doesn't count with Paige's friendship.

Paige. Thinking of her makes my heart ache. I'm still in disbelief of what happened. I shake my head trying to ignore those thought as I'm walking towards our room. As soon as I walk in I see Avianna hanging up the phone and squeezing.

"We out!" She high fives Nyla.

I look at them confused and she turns to see me.

"And you're coming with us." She smiles.

"What? Where?"

"Tonight, to the races"

I raise my eyebrows at her complete confused. Races?

"We know of people that know of people who get together some Fridays and they race for money." Nyla says.

"Yes it's so much fun, we are going tonight. You should come, you'll get to see how night life is here in Toronto." Avianna says and winks at me.

"Mm sure." I smile at them.

I grab my phone to call dad and have him send an email signing my permission to go out.

"Honey?" He answers on the second ring.

"Hi dad." I smile at the sound of his voice. "How are you?"

"Oh honey just resting after a long day. How bout you? How's school?"

"Everything is fine dad. But hey I was calling to see if you could maybe send an email or call to grant me permission to go out later on with my roommates?"

"Oh yes of course I will do that. I want you to go out and have fun ok? I miss you"

"Ok" I chuckle. "I miss you too." A lot.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Avianna hurry it's almost 8:30." Nyla yells out rushing Avianna who was taking an eternity in the restroom.

She walks and sits next to me in my bed facing the bathroom as we waited.

"She always takes this long?" I say ask she exits the bathroom.

"Yes, when she's going to see Brian."

"Who's Brian?"

"Shawn's best friend and Avinna's crush even though she doesn't want to admit it."

"He is not my crush! He's just a friend." She says back.

"Shawn's going to be there?" I ignore the conversation about Brian.

"Yeah." Nyla says getting up to grab her bag.

"Ughhhh...."

"Oh Kendra please let's go. I know you despise the guy but I promise you it will be fun. Pleaseeee?" Avianna says putting her hands together.

I look at her pleading eyes and stand up. "Let's go" I say making her jump in excitement.

We walk towards the main office to turn in our permission slips.

"Hi Ms. Cinthya, my dad sent an email or called I'm not sure."

"Hi Kendra, you actually don't need permission from your dad to go out. You're 18 and you enrolled yourself here there's no legal guardian needed therefore no permission slip is needed for you." She explains.

"Huh I did not know that, but good to know, thank you." I smile at her. It really is good news, I don't go out often but if I ever want to do it, I don't want to have to be bothering my dad or Nora all the time.

After the girls turn in their permission slip, Ms. Cinthya reminds us the gates get locked at 11pm on fridays so we need to be back by that time or we'll be stuck outside, we then walk towards the main gate, where an uber is waiting for us.

"Wait I don't get it, If you're 18 too Nyla, why do you still need a permission slip?" I ask confused.

"Because I've been here since I was a minor so there's a legal guardian registered in the system."

"Oh." It's all I say.

After a few minutes we arrive at a diner.

"We eating here since the races don't start until like 10." Nyla says.

We sit in a booth. Avianna and I in one side and Nyla in front of us. We ask for waterand then the pretty blonde nurse asks for our food order.

"Can I get a bacon and barbecue sauce burger without cheese please?" She nods and smiles.

"No cheese? Nyla asks when the waitress leaves.

"Nope. Lactose intolerant." I shrug.

We spend the time talking and eating. They tell me more about then how long they've been in the Academy. Nyla transferred here when high school started but Avianna has been here since she was in middle school. She's had a few roommates before but she says so far we are her favorites.

We stay in the diner a bit longer because Nyla wants to finish watching the hockey game on TV. But once it's over we pay our food and make our way out.

We walk 2 blocks and the area is getting more sketchy.

"May I say this area doesn't seem safe at all?"

"Of course not Kendra they're not going to do ilegal racing in the nicest area of Toronto." Avianna says and laughs. "Relax we'll be fine. I promise."

I give her a small smile as we continue walking. From far away we could see a lot of people gathered up. We start getting closer and I start to recognize some faces.  How are there so many girls from the Academy here?

Nyla, who was walking in front of us starts saying hi to people and once we get closer so does Avianna. I just give a friendly smile at the people I don't know and a small gave to the girls I do know.

We walk up to Nyla and a blonde blue eyed guy she was talking to. I can see how Avianna started to fix up her hair as we got closer. This must be her "crush".

"Hi Brian." She says hugging the man.

"Hi Avianna you look beautiful." He says back. Ha. He likes her back.

"Um this is my friend and roommate Kendra. Here from England." She says.

"Oh so nice to finally meet you. I'm Brian." He says reaching out his hand for me to shake.

Finally? "Kendra, nice to meet you too." I say shaking his hand.

My eyes wandered around the place trying to take in the scenario in front of me. Lots of people are all over the area, low music playing, not a lot of light but enough to be able to see good, lots of construction cones used to close the street I believe. As I was looking around my eyes land on him. He was standing next to a color silver mustang wearing all back.

I decide to walk towards him, not sure why but I do. He looks up and sees me. He seems to let out a chuckle, is he laughing at me?

"You're here" I say crossing my arms.

"And so are you. I'm starting to think you are really following me."

I let out a fake laugh. "Yeah in your dreams." I say and he laughs. "I didn't know you were going to be here, if not, I wouldn't have come." I lie.

"Sure."  He says not believing me. "Did you come to se me run?" He asks. Wait what?

"You're racing?" I ask surprised.

"Yeah," he says smiling big. "This baby." He says petting the car.

"This is your car?"

"Oh no it's my best friend's Brian. I don't own one." He says and looks down. I automatically regret my questions.

"And why are you running it and not him?"

"Because I'm the best in town darling." He says and winks.

His answer makes me raise my eyes brows and look at him in disbelief. How full of himself is he. And hearing him call me darling reminded me of.. no one actually.

Before I can say any word, Brian walks up to us and Shawn turns to face him.

"It's time bro. Get it!" Brian says and they fist bump. He then leaves to talk to another person and Shawn turns back to me.

"Are you gonna wish me good luck?"

"Do you need it?" I ask.

"No"

"Then no." I say and smile at him before turning around to walk away.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Shawn's POV

I smile as she walks away. She's funny man.

"Ready Mendes?" I hear a voice from behind me.

"Ready." I say to Jake, the guy I'll be racing against.

I get in the car and so does Jake. A girl with a handkerchief in her hand stands in front of the cars. I turn to my left to see Jake concentrated on the road ahead of him. I turn to my right to find Miss England looking my way. Now that I'm thinking about it i don't even know her name. I wink at her and she looks away. I enjoy bothering her.

The girl hold the handkerchief in front of her and let's it fall to the ground. That is our cue to go. I step on the gas pedal right away making the tire burn and I take off. I didn't even bother to check where Jake was I knew he was behind me. Brian has been working for months in making his car fast, and i can tell all his hard work is paying off. I kept going straight until the street ended and I had to u-turn around a cone that was set by the organizer of the race.

At the u-turn I almost lose control of the car. The space between the come to u-turn around and the cones marking the end of the street is very small. I managed to control it and when I turned I see Jake was coming behind me. I step on the gas pedal and the car takes off fast again. I smile knowing I have advantage again. I look at my rear view mirror seeing Jake far from me, not standing a chance. I keep my speed up and make it to the end mark.

I stop the car and get off with a big smile. I won no doubt. Everyone gathered around my car congratulating me but Brian just ran up to me and hugged me. He always gets excited when I win, but when I try to share the prize with him he won't take I. He says it's all mine I won it and I need it to accomplish my goals and for that he's the best of best friends.

Jake arrives and parks next to me, his face full of disappointment. Some of his friends go up to him to try and cheer him up but he should've expected it, I haven't lost a single race.

Tony, the person holding the money walks up to me and hands me the $300 I won. These go directly to my savings. I put the money away when Jake walks up to me.

"You won, fair and square." He says stretching his hands for me to shake. "I want a round 2 though." He says and I chuckle.

"Good to see you're not a sore loser and anytime, I'm down." We laugh when he hear the police sirens getting louder.

"Police!" Someone yells.

Everyone starts running. I look around me to see which way to exit, I can't afford to get arrested. I see everyone freaking out. I get back in the car and start it, I take off fast there's really no time to waste. As I'm leaving I pass her standing still, confused and not even attempting to move. She'll run like everyone else, she has to. I look at my rear view mirror and see her still there. Ugh Shawn come on. I tell my self to not go back but it's too late I'm already turning around. I stop right in front of her and lower the window. She looks frighted, her eyes are asking me what's going on and she's still not moving.

"Get in, fast." I say.

"Whats going on?"

"Get it!"

"I don't even know you."

Girl are you kidding me?

"There's no time for that bs right now for fucks sake get in." I say a little bit louder.

She looks around her one more time before opening the door and getting in. I take off before she even gets the chance to secure her seatbelt. We come across two police cars but I evade them and we leave. Im feeling a bit of excitement of the situation we are. The i love adrenaline. I have a police car behind me. I need to lose them, maybe if I turn left in the next light I can turn right and go through the ally and-

"Where are you going?" She says snapping me back from my thoughts.

"We need to hide for a few hours, they seen the car and they would be in lookout for at least 2 hours so we're going to my place."

"To your place?" She asks turning to see me.

"Relax Miss England Im not going to hurt you."

"Would you stop calling me Miss England? I have a name, not like you care to know, but it is Kendra so if you can please call me it, thank you very much." She says looking back to the road in front of us.

Damn how can she say so many worlds without stoping to get air? I don't want to know how she sounds arguing.

"I want to get off" says says pretending to open the door.

"What?"

"I want to get off I'm not going anywhere with you."

"Are you crazy?"

"I already said I don't know you, I don't like you and I don't want to be around you. Stop so I can get off."

"Look girl I'm not stopping so if you want to get off jump off otherwise sit there and be quiet damn." I say and she looks at me upset.

"What?" I snap and she turns away crossing her arms not saying another word.

Fuck, how can such a pretty girl be so damn obnoxious.

A/N:
I truly apologize for such a long chapter. I wrote it on my notes and didn't realize how long it was :( anyways I hope you enjoy it xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

822K 38K 60
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
124K 3.4K 73
Stray Kids is on tour! Ella wins a prize at the concert that ends up turning her entire life upside down. She uncovers the dark secrets to K-Pop and...
440K 15.6K 93
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
178K 4.6K 20
Your daughter runs off while you were in the middle of grocery shopping because she spotted Max, her favourite driver. Meeting you, Max wants to know...