HUMANITY'S FAULTS, f. odair

By dvinemuse

her sadness is hidden by the scars that she was given. FINNICK ODAIR Ā© 2020 dvinemuse More

synopsis.
playlist.
epigraph.
act one.
001. the reaping
002. goodbye sister, hello mentor
003. welcome to the palace
004. training and rule breaking
005. ranking and practice
006. interviews
007. the sound of the cannon
008. national anthem
009. call of the wild
010. the cost of the game
011. crazed
012. the fall of an angel
013. a shift in the air
act two.
014. a new era on the rise
015. the announcement of doom
016. back in the mix
017. another parade
018. elevator conversations
019. the new training center
021. composure
022. starry eyed
023. cherished memories
024. who to trust
025. gift of breath
026. gift of water
027. the next hour
028. miracle water
029. colors
030. tick tock
031. goes the clock
032. jabberjays call
033. beetee's plan
034. lightning tree
035. a warm feeling
act three.
036. aurora borealis

020. an alliance

5.5K 168 16
By dvinemuse

( 𝒉𝒖𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒚'𝒔 𝒇𝒂𝒖𝒍𝒕𝒔 ).
twenty.『 an alliance 』

RANKINGS WERE CREEPING AROUND THE CORNER, RUNNING AT HER AT FULL SPEED, AND YET THAT WAS NOT WHAT SHE WAS THINKING ABOUT. No, all she could think about was the note Isaac had given her informing her she needed to go to the roof. She knew who H was, as he always signed his name that way. And part of her guessed what the topic of that nights conversation would be, the two victors of district twelve. Either as allies, or something else.

All she knew was she needed to be ready for whatever was to come.

She barely ate that night, most of the table sending her knowing glances, Isaac having already told her he had already talked with Haymitch, but wouldn't say about what. Estelle seemed oblivious to the whole thing, going on and on about how good the roasted pig was and how they needed to try it, but the victors rested in a solemn silence, despite this probably being one of the last full meals they ever had. Indie cracked her knuckles as one by one everyone else got up to leave, leaving her alone at the table. Except for Stephanie that was, who sat across from her, leaning back in her seat and staring across the table at Indie.

"You should probably go get some air." Stephanie said, trying to subtlety hint that it was time to leave with who knew how many ears were listening in. "You look rather pale and it's best to get some air before the rankings tomorrow. Get that aim going good."

Indie paused a second, as though waiting for something before nodding her head in agreement finally, acknowledging the fact that the mentor from district twelve would be waiting for her, as odd as it was. But in the last year everything had turned upside down, the world changing around them. It was a simply fact and Indie was sure that even if someone fought against it, after this no one would ever be the same. It was why the 75th annual Hunger Games was the way to was. To show that nothing had truly changed, but it also showed even the Capital recognized the change. As much as they wanted to say everything would be the exact same it wouldn't. And that was a fact. So perhaps meeting the mentor of the competition shouldn't be that surprising.

"Okay." Indie agreed, standing. "I'll be back soon."

Stephanie nodded, remaining sitting at the table and letting Indie walk to the elevator, steps echoing throughout the floor and ringing in her ears. The doors closed and Indie turned to face the opening, seeing Stephanie give a reassuring nod in her direction.

The elevator seemed to move slow, which was surprising seeing as how truly fast technology moved now. It was most likely just all in her head as she counted the floors as they passed, wondering how many of the victors knew that someone was using the elevator for this exact purpose. There had to be more, she could definitely see Johanna Manson joining whatever they were planning up on the rooftop. And Finnick. And anyone who wasn't one or two. Eight would've definitely joined whatever's going on from what she had heard about.

She knew these victors, most were kind people who just wanted to remain unbothered and never have to think about the horrors committed again. Most would fight back. There were two that she was sure would be too scared in losing their own lives to fight against the Capital but everyone else seemed to side with the uprising rebellion.

Despite counting the numbers she seemed to have been lost in her own head because she was startled when the doors finally opened. She hesitated before taking a deep breath and stepping out into the cool air, the moon shining bright about the rooftop of the training facility. The wind rushed around them, making it hard to hear anything meaning no one would be able to listen in if they bugged the place. Perfect area to not be heard if you didn't want a nosy government listening in.

She walked across the cement, looking around for anyone, hearing the celebration of the citizens going on below them. Walking out she finally spotted her target, leaning over the edge of the building and looking down, his shoulder length hair brushing against his shoulder and he clearly didn't fit in with the people celebrating below them.

"If you are going to ask me to sacrifice myself for her, I can't promise anything. I may be against the Capital but I'm not suicidal." Indie said, walking to stand next to Haymitch. "I have a family too, she's not the only one with a sister to care for."

"I wasn't going to put it that way exactly." Haymitch argued, as Indie stood next to him, her hands resting on the block that sat between her and death as she looked down onto the parade. "Don't think of it as suicide, think of it as. . . becoming a martyr."

"Yeah because that's so much better."

There was a short pause in which Haymitch silently agreed with her. "You seem to have left a good impression on Peeta, he thinks you'd be a good alliance and managed to talk Katniss who only wants geeks and an old lady on her team. Not the most. . . athletic."

"The most trustworthy though, and easiest to kill when it comes down to it because they wouldn't try and fight back. And you can't blame her for wanting Mags. She's a good person."

"Believe me, I know." He agreed. Finally, he turned to address her. "We all know there's something more going on with the games this year, Indigo. This year all they want it to make a statement and if we play by there rules, we are going to all end up dead. They'll hurt our families, they do whatever they can to destroy us and squash out the hope that Katniss has provided."

"I've gathered that." Indie crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow as she spoke. "So what the hell are you planning, Abernathy?"

"Plutarch Heavenbee."

"Heavensbee? What the hell does he have to do with anything?"

"Well if you'd let me finished if tell you." She rolled her eyes but remained silent. "There's a group of victors in on it, and Heavensbee is out man on the in side. Katniss is a symbol of hope, and with her rebellions have risen. We need to keep that hope alive and the best way to do that is to protect Katniss. I need you in there with her. We'll do our best to pull you out but if we never want to see another Hunger Games, we need your help." Haymitch finally finished.

"That's a nice speech. Who else have you given it to?"

"Mr sunshine, your lovely partner is in on it."

"Clearly."

Haymitch gave her a look before speaking again. "Neither Katniss nor Peeta know about it, with them watching. You'll need to keep it quiet if you agree. Your charming little boyfriend from four is in on it along with Mags."

Feeling the heat rise in her cheeks and glad that it was hidden by the little light shining on the two, she quietly denied, "He's not my—"

"Please, like anyone believes that sweetheart." Haymitch gave her a look at which she merely glared back it although remained silent. "It's so weird how many love birds there are this year." He muttered under his breath and seeing Indie go to interrupt him again, he quickly continued, "Seven and three are in on it as well as six, and pretty much everyone other than one and two. Kaeden Wu we aren't going to talk to because. . . well. . ." He trailed off and Indie nodded, knowing what he meant thinking of the man who'd do anything to Dave his own neck, remembering his own games in which he held his partner's head underwater, until she fell still. She had been his best friend, he had said in interviews and she didn't deny it, even agreeing and now he was still standing after killing her. He was a little snake that would go hissing to the Capital once he heard to save his own skin.

"Can I count on you to help?" He asked, stretching out a hand for her to shake.

She hesitated, thinking of her little nephew back home who would have to grow up in this. She could at least try, even if it ended her life.

And taking his hand she answered, "Ok."

( a / n ) :
          it's been a while since I've updated.
schools keeping me busy. once again
sorry but I hope you enjoyed! thank
          you all for 35k reads!

          as usual, stay safe! wear your masks!
          hope you enjoyed this chapter and have
          a good day / night!

( w / c ) :
          1503

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 292 16
you got a hold on me, i never met someone so different. āŖ FINNICK ODAIR ā« ā–‘ oc: nerissa hong ā–‘ pre-thg / mockingjay ā–‘ i...
570 21 4
Tell me how it is, to win while losing everything. ORIGINAL CHARACTERS / Pre-hunger games @ bIodrena...
195K 7.1K 36
In which a healer is forced to become a killer. | THE HUNGER GAMES X FEM OC |
3.4K 205 13
ā”ā” šŸŒæ š–šˆš‹š‹šŽš– ā› In which, they love each other, but neither one can admit it, not even to themselves. āœ āŖ the hunger games ā« āŖ catching fire ā”...