Stormborn

By QueenSugs41

First book She is older than most. She was feared. She was a queen. One people believed to be dead. For ag... More

Characters
Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Aesthetic's
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Epilogue
Second Book/Anwsers

Chapter 32

6.1K 172 14
By QueenSugs41

POV Narrator

Atalanta woke with a slight gasp as her vision was blurry.

She blinked as she slowly gained her vision back as she noticed the heat she was swallowed in. Her body pressed in a hard scaled like one.

She brings her hand up gently touching the scales and smiles. She was not dreaming. She did not imagine anything.

Atalanta had leaned up and watched as the head of the dragon that was cradling her had pulled back looking to her.

It's beautiful orange red eyes staring her down in worry and all Atalanta could do was stare at the beautiful creature.

Atalanta stood on shaking legs making the dragon bend its head down letting her use it to steady herself.

Atalanta had placed her hand on the snout of the dragon and gently rubbed her palm against the tough skin.

"Such a beautiful...girl?" She asked out in a question and the dragon made a purring like noise. It made the female smile nodding.

"So beautiful..." she whispered and the female dragon just snuggled more into the woman's hand.

Atalanta, after admiring the dragons beauty looked to see a chain around the dragons neck making her narrow her eyes.

"They chain you?" She hissed. Eyes flashing violet color. The dragon just blinks with a sad look to its eyes and Atalanta looks from the dark area she was in, to the light.

Where the noise and everything came from.

"Are they afraid that you will do harm or be killed?" She asked softly and the dragon just makes a noise and Atalanta heard the jiggling of chains.

Memories of her past with that sound made her anger flare in her bones as her claws elongated.

Turning she looked to see the dragon already had its head down. She smiled softly and pulled out a bolt letting the chain fall off.

The dragon shook its head and she looked to the side where the other dragon laid in a still motion. Watching them. This one smaller than the other.

She moved forward with soft movements. "Don't you worry. I'll make sure both of you will never have to wear chains ever again." She whispered to the two as she unchained the second dragon who immediately rubbed its head against her.

Giggling softly she pet the top of its head and closed her eyes at the peace she felt.

"Alright...I'm going to need you both to stay here. I'm going to go look around for your riders. Show me where I'm at. Okay?" She asked the dragons who both just snort out steam but growl in understanding.

She nodded before going to the entrance. She looked to see she was wearing her same dress as she left.

Pulling up her lace hood she closed her eyes and moments later her sword and dagger appeared on her waist.

Softly she moved forward into the light and gasped at the crisp cool air that blew. It made the fire in bones burn and a grin appear on her face.

Yet it slowly faded as she looked to the mountains she was in. She knew these mountains.

She casted her eyes down and took a breath preparing herself for anything.

———

She had walked through a small pathway through the woods and she could hear the whispers coming through them.

Spies.

Atalanta pulled the lace hood farther over her head using it's as a cover. You could barely see through it which was the best thing.

She gripped her sword and knife tightly as she walked a bit faster to the town she could hear in the quiet distance.

Stopping at the gate of the town she looked to the place. It seemed like a fort and a town put together.

She stepped forward and looked to her dress which didn't help her cause to blend in.

Looking around she saw people with different stands open. One with weapons, normal swords, nothing to great standing out in weapons.

Another with potions. One with food. Another with cloaks and clothing which she immediately went to.

The lady at the stand stared at the woman as she approached. Her face showed one of suspicion.

"Hello my fair lady. How are you fairing today?" She asked her and Atalanta looked at the female.

"I'm.. fine. Thank you." She spoke and the woman nodded in a chaste smile. Her eyes darted to the man in the cart next to her with a knowing look.

The man nods before motioning to one of his kids. He whispered in his ear but what they didn't expect was for Atalanta to hear him.

She gulped softly but looked to the woman. "I need a cloak. Something warmer than this." She spoke the lie easier than anything.

"Of course! Why don't you take a..." she stopped bending down about to grab a cloth only to come back up and see the female was gone.

The other people around her pointed to the direction she left.

———

Atalanta had snuck into the tavern and glanced at the people who all yelled and cried out in a happy tone.

She stared at everyone with alerted eyes. Her eyes going to the group forming around two men wrestling their arms.

A woman holding a tray walked by and Atalanta gently grabbed the woman's arm making her stop.

The woman looked tired and ready to be done with her job.

"I was wondering...where am I?" Atalanta spoke softly needing confirmation and the woman in front of her raised a brow.

"Lost honey?"

Atalanta tilted her head.

"Something like that." Atalanta chose her words carefully and the woman nodded.

"Your in the west wing of the rebel outpost. Land of Queen Enyo but rumor has it not for long." She spoke and the woman frown as the name sounded familiar but couldn't quite place it.

The lady looked back and forth before bending forward. "You want in on the scoop? I heard from one of friends who is a maiden for the Lords lady that they will be making a move soon." She spoke and Atalanta nodded and went to speak but looked to the people you entered the tavern.

They looked somewhat wild and the woman who she was taking to her gave her the advantage of slipping away.

She quickly walked down the back alley and onto the side of the mud like street.

Atalanta kept her head down but her eyes alert.

Yet when she went to turn she was met with a line of men. She halted her steps and her hands immediately went to the sword on her hip.

She turned to go back the way her came only to be stopped by more men.

Growling she turned to see a man, she obviously could tell was their leader walking forward cockily.

"Well, well, well....don't we have a stranger in our mists boys!" He called out and multiple people cheered out making the female glance back and forth.

"What should we do with her huh? Maybe...I don't know...let her be used for our men!" He yelled out and Atalanta growled lowly.

"I have no quarrel with you people! Let me leave and I will not hurt any of you!" She called out strongly making everyone go quiet as the man walked forward more making Atalanta narrow her eyes as the familiarity of his face seemed to come in.

The man's smile disappeared and his gaze leveled out to emotionless.

"Kill her."

The men cried out charging Atalanta's eyes who widen slightly.

"I won't hurt them..." she whispered before dodging ones fist by ducking under it and sending him into the body of another.

Another came and she brought her foot down on his knee bringing the man to his knees and she kicked him into the ground dodging one man's sword by flipping backwards kicking the sword into the air.

Somehow as she did all the fighting her hood stood on her head. Covering her face.

Atalanta's eyes widen and she huffs before shrugging and continuing her multiple parries.

The man in charge of his men watched this female take each man out without actually harming them with a sword.

Growling in anger he pulled his axes out and everyone watched as he stepped forward as Atalanta threw the last guy back into the crowd.

Atalanta turned and looked to the man. Her gaze searching him up and down.

He was a lot bigger than her, yet she had the expected strength.

Yet she could be going against anything. Elf, dwarf, man, half dragon, wizard, shadow wraith...she could continue.

She assessed the way he held his axes. The way he moved his feet side to side. How his eyes calculated her every move.

Atalanta reached for her sword gently pulling it out before flipping it making the man look to the blade with wide eyes.

He knew that sword from anywhere.

"That sword! Where did you get it?!" He growled out pointing his ax to the sword in her hand.

Atalanta looked down to it before looking back up at the man in confusion. She kept her mouth shut and just focused on her breathing. Trying to find a weak spot within the man.

When she didn't answer the man huffed before charging her making her take a step back and throw her sword up blocking the hit from both axes.

The men around them cheered him on and Atalanta's eyes diverted to the crowd.

"I said-" he spoke pushing down on the sword with a great amount of strength making Atalanta's arms shake for a moment.

She looked to his legs which were locked giving her an opportunity.

Throwing his axes to the side, she let her foot swipe his bringing him to the ground.

She looked to the wall of a building and huffed. "I just want to leave!" She spoke and the man growled getting up from the mud.

"Your going nowhere! Your an assassin and a thief!" He hissed out and Atalanta closed her eyes before she opened them.

The bright blue was clear as day against her blade.

"Fine." She growled in anger before turning and charging the man.

She slide on the ground past his body before coming up and slicing his back making the roar out in pain.

He turned and threw a lazy swing of his ax in from the left which she blocked. Then with his right making her bring the sword up.

She spun away from the third hit coming from above and flipped around only to have the ax coming near her legs, missing by inches.

Her dress fell to the ground revealing her very toned and pale legs.

They went to mid-thigh and she growled before running to the man. She brought one hit down from above before bringing her foot to his hip and swinging herself around him.

Thus sending the man into the wall. It cracked multiple times and she looked to the blood which smeared on the wall.

She lowered her sword before straightening her stance.

Atalanta wanted to check on the man as she felt bad for hurting him yet did get the chance when she saw something flying at her.

Quickly she brought her sword up swiping the arrow down in half.

She looked to the man who fired the arrow and her eyes widen as she saw him.

"Brotha!" He yelled out and the man on the ground groaned in response making the female snap her gaze to him then back to the man who fired the arrow.

Before Atalanta could get a word in the man charged her swinging a well balanced sword in his hand.

He swiped to her right side making her duck before bringing her sword up blocking his hit coming back in from the right.

Yet the fist her threw made her go off balance for a moment and the man took that as he swung their sword making her drop hers.

She watched it drop to the ground and quickly she brought both feet up kicking him in the chest before rolling back into a crouching pose.

Dagger pulled held in a icepick position.

The man who stubbled back from the hit narrowed his eyes on the female and quickly moved forward quickly grabbing her sword.

Thus making her eyes narrow as a growl rubbles through her chest. Her eyes shining brighter now.

He has her fathers blade.

She cried out before shooting forward and launching herself off the wall, jumping at the man.

He blocked her hit but she came quickly.

Her wrist snapping back and forth at a fast speed. Aiming for his wrists or neck.

His blocks with Both swords not fast enough to keep up with her.

Yet he managed to somehow make contact with her arm and she dropped the blade.

He hit her across the face again only harder this time making her head snap to the side and he quickly spun and brought one sword to the back of her neck and the front.

Atalanta huffed and stared at the blade in front of her and The man just narrowed his eyes.

"Any last words...bitch?" He spoke in a dark tone and Atalanta looked at the man with a huff. The familiarity coming in a bit sharp. With both men but she couldn't quite put her finger on it.

She looked to the wrist of the man and saw how his arm was shaking.

She raised a brow before looking to his eyes. He couldn't see her but she him.

"Yeah...just one thing."

She spoke before letting her claws elongate and quickly come up swiping his chest making the man cry out as she dropped down before kicking his mid-section.

Thus sending the blades into the air and the man fell to the ground.

Atalanta held her hands out catching the blades easily and sighed walking forward.

She brought both swords up to the mans neck making an x. He looked to the blades with his golden eyes and the female tilted her head.

"Goodbye."

The man closed his eyes and the female nodded before bringing her swords apart.

——

The riders from before looked to the crowd forming and quickly moved forward with a woman who had a dark hair and violet eyes.

Everyone moved to the side and the riders looked to the scene happening and their eyes widen.

"No! My lady!" The male screamed and the hooded woman looked to the riders and sighed in familiarity.

Yet the woman next to the riders eyes went into a scared and angry gaze.

"My love!" She cried out raising her hand in the direction of the hooded woman.

The man on his knees eyes widen before looking to his brother. He quickly dove and grabbed his brother as the woman's arm turned red.

"No!" The riders yelled but it was to late.

The woman released flames from her hand and Atalanta looked at the flames and it was as if everything went in slow motion.

The blades in Atalanta's hands slowly dropped from her hands and let her hands raise in the air as the flames engulfed her body.

Everyone watched in horror as the lady slowly released flames with both hands.

The riders stared at the spot in horror.

"Stop! God dammit stop!" The female rider called out but the dark headed female didn't.

Suddenly the ground shook and everyone was engulfed with harsh gusts of winds.

The female lost balance and fell as the dragons from before landed in front of her roaring. Anger and fury fueling the dragons.

The two brothers went to the dark haired female grabbing her by the arm.

"Are you alright?" One asked and she nodded before looking to the dragon whose chest glowing orangish red.

Both brothers looked to the dragon with a frown. The female dragon standing in front as she was the bigger of the two dragons.

"Verena, Javaid. Calm down." One of the two brothers spoke and the dragon just roared before wresting back.

Making the man back up before looking to the riders. "They are blooded to you! Stop them!" They yelled and the two shake their head watching as the flames slowly diminish.

Suddenly Verena was no longer rearing back and lowered herself calmly to the fired ground. The male, Javaid, moved to the side as did the female and everyone watched with a gasp.

Their stood the female.

Both the brothers sucked in a breath as they stared at her. The riders grinning ear to ear as they stared at the female who emerged.

She looked a bit wild and her clothes were completely burnt off.

The woman who started the fire just stared in fear and confusion as did everyone else.

Atalanta had looked to the riders before walking forward.

The people around the fire with water all backed up in fear of the woman. She ignored them and continued her walk to the riders.

The male unclipped his cloak before gently hanging it around her shoulders.

She sighed before looking to the males with the woman. She tilted her head with a smirk.

"Well...."

The men stared at the female as she walked forward. The riders on both sides of her.

"....Hello little brothers."

———

Boom😛

Chapter 32 is up my lovelies!!!

What did we think of this? Good plot twist? Before anyone says anything yes to be female dragon is bigger the male dragon.

It'll be explain in the next chapter I promise.
Anyways tell me your thoughts. I love hearing from you all❤️

Anyways we have one chapter left then maybe....maybe an epilogue 😌

We will see😉 anyways I love you all thank you for the support and I'll see you next chapter❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 2.9K 30
"Arya, they need you, even if they don't know it yet." A child, taken away from her father and brother too soon. A warrior willing to give her life f...
294 16 10
My Amad always told me the story of a brave dwarven King who led his people to safety. Who built a home from the ground Who was a strong warrior that...
313K 11.7K 22
"You talk too much elf-boy," Arya muttered, her voice hoarse from all the screaming she had done due to the pain of her injuries. Legolas scrunched u...
425K 18.7K 57
WATTYS SHORTLIST 2018 The heart desires the unreachable. A rare creature born of Middle Earth must undo the damage of her predecessor, who helped for...