My Neighbors the YouTubers (A...

By Mynixi

Junior Rachel is going abroad from America to England to go to college. Through an awkward unexpected meeting... More

Chapter 1: The Awkward Arrival
Chapter 2: The Neighbors
Chapter 3: The Girl from the Tube
Chapter 4: Dinner
Chapter 5: Thoughts
Chapter 6: Lost in London
Chapter 7: Friends and Foreign Feelings
Chapter 8: Suspicions
Chapter 9: Messages
Chapter 10: Paparazzi
Chapter 11: Existential Crisis
Chapter 12: The Nightmare
Chapter 13: Explanations
Chapter 14: Tidying
Chapter 15: Uni Friends
Chapter 16: YouNow
Chapter 17 - Starting YouTube
Chapter 18: Filming and Laziness
Chapter 19: Secrets
Chapter 20: Danger
Chapter 21: Emergency
Chapter 22: Silence
Chapter 23: Distance
Chapter 24: Party
Chapter 25: That Night
Chapter 26: Tension
Announcement!
Chapter 27: Avoidance and Anxiety
Chapter 28: Phil's Londony Day
Chapter 29: Speeches and Confessions
Chapter 30: Date
Chapter 31: Upload and Collab
Chapter 32: Dress Up
Chapter 33: Finals
Chapter 34: Envy
Chapter 35: The Visit
Chapter 36: Twisting
Chapter 37: The Truth
Chapter 38: Flurries
Chapter 40: Christmas Morning
Chapter 41: The Only Option
Chapter 42: Birthday
Chapter 43: No More Secrets
Chapter 44: New Years
Chapter 45: Recovery
Chapter 46: Awakening
Chapter 47: Reflections
Chapter 48: Departure
Chapter 49: Gift
Chapter 50: Lost in VidCon
Chapter 51: Miscommunication and Speculation
Chapter 52: Reunited
Chapter 53: Dangerous and Lovely Plans
Chapter 54: Renewed
Chapter 55: Good News
SEQUEL IN PROGRESS
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

Chapter 39: Sleep Talking

2.7K 108 50
By Mynixi

*Dan POV*

Her breathing slowed and her grip on the duvet loosened. I could tell she was asleep.

I couldn't go to sleep this early. Years of staying up to 4 really screws up your sleep schedule. But I was comfortable, and unlike the normal want to get up and go on the Internet when I couldn't sleep. I just stayed here, spacing out and taking it in.

I felt her leg move suddenly forward, and I became alert. She became still. I moved carefully to look up. Her eyes were still closed. She was still asleep.

"Dun," she mumbled.

I squinted at her unsure. Was she actually awake?

I saw her mouth open, drool escaping her mouth. Okay, she was asleep.

"Dun," she repeated.

Is she trying to say Dan?

"Yes?" I whispered.

"Dun," she murmured. "Dun leave me."

Things became less cute, as I realised what was happening.

"I won't leave you. Ever," I insisted.

"You'll leave me," she turned slightly into her pillow. "Everyone leaves."

"I'm different."

"What?" She said. She turned over and looked at me in the darkness.

"Nothing," I said quickly.

"We're you talking to yourself?" She giggled a bit.

I looked into her eyes, which were still visible in the darkness. They were tired, obviously, and happy. But beneath that happiness, I saw fear. I didn't know how to respond.

"Yeah," I lied. "Sorry."

I didn't like to lie to her. I never would want to lie to someone who I loved, but I felt I had to. I didn't want to explain.

But what would happen if one day I had to leave her? What if I couldn't deal with the things that would come? But you promised, Dan, you promised.

*Rachel POV*

Nightmares weren't my favorite things, and I had some pretty insane ones. Getting eaten alive, having fish wiggle out of your pores, witnessing murder. The list could go on. There was no question - I was pretty messed up.

I loved Dan. I always had. But believing in something so magical to happen - to suddenly be freed of things that had been torturing me for years, it just didn't seem possible. I wanted to believe it. I knew Dan had a better chance of understanding England's system than me, being born here and having a little knowledge of the law.

I couldn't get back to sleep. What was Dan even talking about? Was he really talking to himself? It wasn't very mumbly. I didn't want to doubt him, though. If we were going to get threw everything, I had to believe in him.

"I'm sorry," I heard.

I couldn't turn around. Turning around meant making the bed move and disturbing him. Was he even awake?

"Dan?" I whispered audibly.

I heard no response. I wanted to assume he was asleep, but I wasn't exactly sure.

I heard him breathing on my hair. He must've been asleep.

"It isn't going to work, I'm sorry."

I felt my body get instantly cold. No, Rachel, don't panic. He's probably not even talking about you.

"Dan?" I repeated.

"I can't do it. It's not possible."

"What isn't possible?" I asked him.

"Shh, Rachel, shh," he whispered. "Nothing's the matter."

I tried to close my eyes and not think about it. It probably doesn't mean anything, I said to myself. Nothing at all.

I felt his hand slide into the dip of my waist. I tensed up a little, but then he pulled me toward him. I felt warm. Slowly, my consciousness faded into blackness again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 60 17
We all know Dan Howell and Phil Lester are madly in love. But as happy as they are something is simply missing. Are you there missing piece?
267K 7.7K 44
After creating a YouTube channel one year ago, Baylee goes to Playlist Live and meets her two idols. Dan Howell (Danisnotonfire) and Phil Lester (Ama...
2.1K 26 30
//EDITED// Rebecca Jones is a youtuber, when she meets the one and only dan howell at a party they become friends, but she cant shake off this feelin...
306K 6.3K 13
Dan and Phil, or danisnotonfire and AmazingPhil, are best friends who share a flat. Nothing more, nothing less. Until, of course, something happens w...