Star Crossed Liars ✔

By ErynRaineStories

Cover by @auroralust Available on Goodreads under this title. Every year, wolves of age from around the count... More

Star Crossed Liars: Intro
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Epilogue
Final Author's Note
My Stories

Chapter Forty Five

5.8K 180 9
By ErynRaineStories

Part of me knew that it was coming, but perhaps I had hoped for a little more time.

A flash of panic ran over Orion's face for just a moment before it hardened. He stood up straight, pushed his shoulders back, and started to speak,

"Althea and Ivy will be staying here. Althea, I need you to wake Gracie up, get information, and then give it to me immediately. Don't waste too much time, get it done quickly."

While I wasn't going to disagree, I knew there was no point in telling him no.

"Everyone else, you know what to do. I expected something like this would happen and the pack should be prepared. All that's left is us. We know how this could end, and I can almost guarantee that Kage won't want to waste too much time talking. And if that's what's going to finally bring this to an end, then neither do I. I'm going to the border, get any weapons you might need and then meet me there." Orion ordered, his voice was commanding, swaying us to exactly where we needed to be. Power oozed out of every word he spoke. 

I brought Orion close, pressing my lips against his. It wasn't the end, and it certainly didn't feel like the end, so why was I so worried? Maybe I had become too accustomed to the idea of losing everyone close to me, Losing Orion. 

"I know you won't, but if you can, stay out of danger, go to the bunkers or somewhere. I don't know how this is going to end out, but I know that I don't want you part of it." He whispered, his fingers laced in my hair.

I leaned my head onto his shoulder, "I think you know my answer,"

He let out a groan, "Yeah, I do. Just- just stay safe."

Orion pressed a kiss to my head lightly before pulling away, walking out of the room. I let out a breath, taking a moment to clear my head before getting to work.

"Alright, let's get her awake," I said, rubbing my hands together as I took my place at the side of the couch. Ivy placed herself down next to me.

"What are we doing?" Ivy started, "Just tell me what you need to do."

I looked over Gracie, taking in her figure and trying to figure out what I needed to do. I made a silent thanks to the goddess for making me want to be a doctor because all that training and reading was certainly going to make this a whole hell of a lot easier. Her clothes had been changed, her own being ripped and ruined on the way back to Vindex. Instead, she was wearing a pair of my own shorts and a plain shirt, her hair in a ponytail identical to mine.

"Go and grab some ammonia from the from the bathroom," I said, completely distracted. "It's in the cupboard under the sink."

Ivy nodded and ran off. I pulled all of Gracie's hair away from her face and tucked it under her head so it was off her shoulders. When someone is knocked out, it would be so much easier to just let her wake up by herself. Unfortunately, that wasn't an option. There wasn't too much I could do, but I was hoping that since she was so close to waking up, I would only need a little bit and that would do the trick.

I grabbed a cushion and shoved it underneath her back, propping up Gracie's body as Ivy came running into the room, the bottle of ammonia in tow.

Ivy passed me the bottle and I took the top off, pouring just the smallest amount into the lid. I placed the bottle back on the floor and grabbed her chin, tilting her head slightly. I steadied my hand before slowly pouring a few drops into Gracie's ear. I knew I couldn't pour into too much, I didn't want to risk ammonia poisoning, and I certainly didn't want to risk making her deaf in one ear.

I pulled it back, moving her head once again and holding my breath. 

Gracie's eyes fluttered open, gasping for air as she grasped the cushions of the couch.

"What- What-" She looked around, Her eyes landed on me, "Genevieve?"

"Just be careful," I gave her an awkward smile as she tried to move herself up. 

"What am I doing here, what's going on?" She started to panic, "The last thing I remember... you! You shoved something on my mouth and I passed out! What's going on?"

I cringed, "My name is Althea, The Vindex of Luna. This is Ivy, she's the Vindex Gamma."

She completely stopped, "Oh."

"Look, we brought you here because-"

"Brought me? Dal, we have different definitions of the word, you've kidnapped me." She stated

I chose to keep going, looking past her completely accurate statement. "I'm sure you know what's going on, between the wolves and the rogues-" Gracie's face didn't change, but I could see her nod slightly. Well, at least she wasn't oblivious. "We... kidnapped you, because we want information, and you were the perfect way to get it."

"I won't tell you anything," She decided firmly, "I don't believe in what Kage is doing, but I do believe in him. So do what you want to me, but I refuse to tell you anything."

I opened my mouth to speak, but Ivy quickly took over.

You're too nice, Ivy mind linked, you're way too attached to her.

"Look, here's the thing. Right at this very moment, your mate is at the boundary line right this second. They could have already started fighting, we don't know. But what we do know is that if you don't give us something to work with, a lot of innocent people are going to die. Vindex warriors, along with vindex members know how to make their victim unconscious, your rogues only now how to kill."

Gracie's brows furrowed, "What do you mean he's here?"

Ivy rolled her eyes, "Well I'm sure you can guess that he wasn't too huge on finding out that his mate was missing."

"But, but he's not supposed-" She spluttered. "Kage, he's so, so, smart. He wasn't due to launch the attack on Vindex until-" Gracies's eyes narrowed, "You're trying to get me to spit out something, aren't you?"

Ivy shrugged, "You're the one talking babe, I'm not making you do anything."

Her whole face was completely pale, "I can't, goddess forgive me, so many people are going to die,"

I grabbed onto her hand, her entire frame shaking, "Tell me what's happening, tell me what your mate has planned and I promise, I'll help save those lives."

Please tell me you have something, Thea, Orion suddenly linked. Kage is on the edge, I think you have a minute before this whole thing blows up.

I could see Gracie's eyes beginning to glisten, "Today, we were going to attack Silva, today. They've been like Orion, unwilling to accept Kage's offers, and Silva can't be accessed by Vindex without going through Pax, and everyone knows that Sanitatem has the least amount of defence, meaning that they wouldn't be able to do anything."

"What were you going to do to them Gracie," I urged, "Tell me what you're going to do,"

"Blow up their crops," She whispered, "Kage has someone in Silva right this very moment. He's going to burn down their pack."

"What can I do to stop it happening, Gracie tells me now," I panicked.

A lone tear slid down her face. "Nothing, there is nothing you can do."

Shakily, I looked back at Ivy. "Then that's it. You need to get to the bunkers. It wouldn't surprise me if Kage will send someone to raid this house. Bring Gracie with you. I'm going out to the fight."

I'm sorry Orion. All I can tell you is there is no point in calling Silva for help. By the time we're done here, Silva will be nothing more than ashes on the floor.

Get to safety, I know I've said that but please, please, just go to the bunkers. Lia will be there, with an injury. She got a rogue to the leg, but I don't want it happening to you.

I'll be seeing you in less than five minutes, tell me to go to the bunker one more time and you'll be sleeping on the couch.

"Don't go and get yourself killed, Allie," Ivy warned, "I'll bring you back alive to kill you again for being reckless."

"Lia will be there, she's injured, but I think she should be ok," I informed her. "Make some calls to Artium and Sanitatem and I'll see you soon."

I said nothing to Gracie before I ran out, only giving her an awkward look before exiting the room and flying out the door. I shifted quickly, the only thing I could hear being the growls and snarls of the wolves.

Back when Graves had attacked us, it felt like a war, though it was a completely different feel now. The battle was bleeding into the forest, the evergreen of the tree's leaves contrasting with the red that seemed to be everywhere.

I was ready, about to jump into action, until I saw Gracie, running the exact same direction as me. I couldn't see Orion, which meant that I definitely couldn't see Kage. But she was so far away from me. All of a sudden, a rogue was running towards her, and all of a sudden, his jaws were around her neck.

It was over in a second. The light flicking out from her eyes immediately. The rogue pressed down even harder, before letting go, running off to find it's next victim.

There was a howl, it was loud, almost mixed with a screech. A few of the rogues halted, but only for a moment. As soon as the howl ended, they jumped back into action.

I did not.

I ran towards Gracie's body, I leaned over. Why would the rogue have killed her? I could have guaranteed that all the rogues knew the mate of their leader, so why had one brutally killed her.

Then I realised, I took a deep sniff. When I had first noticed Gracie, the only thing I could think of was how similar she looked to me. But now, covered in my scent, it was obvious that the rogue thought that they were killing me. 

The howl sounded again, almost torturous. It had to be Kage, most likely feeling the breaking of the bond.

Everyone in my line of vision stopped, except for one. Coming in from behind, a rogue jumped on me, sinking its jaws into my side. I let out a yelp, as I quickly tried to maneuver my way out of his bite. In retaliation, I launched my teeth into his shoulder. In his surprise, the rogue loosed his grip for just a moment, allowing me to twist his entire body and in him against the floor. I hit him repeatedly against the floor before he fell unconscious, taking it as my opportunity to run.

"STOP, EVERYONE STOP, ROGUES STAY DOWN," A voice screamed, "GRACIE PLEASE, WHERE ARE YOU?"

From the clearing, I could see Kage, running forward frantically. He paused at almost every dead body before his eyes finally landed on Gracie's corpse. I shifted, pulling myself behind a tree.

He collapsed at her side, "Please, Gracie no," 

Kage titled her head lightly, taking in the giant open cavity in her neck. Racking sobs left his body as he leaned his head down against her forehead.

"You didn't deserve this, my sweet, darling Gracie," Kage cried, "This is all my fault, goddess, I'm so sorry."

He ran a finger across her face, trying to clear her porcelain skin of the blood splatters. It only made them worse, now completely smeared over her cheek and into her hair.

I took a step forward, only at that moment feeling the stabbing pains of the wound in my side. I grabbed it, only to pull my hand away for it to be completely covered in blood. The entire forest was silent, an echo flaring from my foot as I stepped on a stick.

Kage's head perked up before turning and seeing me. It was almost like his eyes went red.

"You!" He called out, "You're the thriving little bitch that took her! Don't think I don't know!" 

My eyes widened as he ran towards me, not even bothering to shift as his fist came flying to my face. He hit me square in the jaw, but not hard enough for me to not fight back. I could feel my fists connecting with skin, but after about a minute or so, Kage slowly began to slow down, sinking to his knees and crying even harder than before.

"Kill me," He sobbed, "KILL ME!"

I took a step back, my mouth opens in confusion as I tried to figure out what was going on.

I'm with Kage, I linked Orion, A rogue killed Gracie thinking she was me, and I think he's going crazy.

I'm coming,

"Please, you've robbed me of my love in this lifetime, just let me have her in another," Kage begged, grabbing onto my leg to prevent me from walking way any further. "I don't care, I don't care. I don't want to be Alpha unless Gracie is with me, unless she is my Luna."

"I can't-"

"Yes, yes you can! Snap my neck, drown me, strangle me, I don't care, I just- I can't like without her!"

The look in his eyes, the desperation on his face. It reminded me of my father. Almost a million times worse, but still. 

Thankfully, Orion turned up. Kage looked at him,

"Please," He started again, "If your mate was killed, wouldn't you want to leave this world as soon as possible?"

Orion spared a glance to me.

I turned my head the other direction.

A few seconds passed before, 

CRACK.

I turned back around as his body slumped to the floor.

Kage was dead.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 20.6K 31
"I, Cal River, Alpha of the Climax Night pack reject you, Raven Woods, as my pack's Luna and as my mate." ***** Raven Woods was born a rogue. She wou...
91K 4.4K 34
Gorgeous cover by @DNB2k16 There comes a time when you get used to the pain. You don't feel hurt nor surprised anymore. You just stop caring altogeth...
9.7M 331K 46
(Completed) My back ran into the wood door as he held my arms at my side, my breath heavy and my knees weak. "Say it." He demanded. I shook my...
3.7M 153K 56
Book 2 of The Alpha Series - Sequel to my first book, The Hybrid. Kaden's Luna cannot be read as a stand alone book! Kaden Reid is known as a rogue w...