Sweetest Confusion

By IamRecklessandBrave

Copyright © 2013 Neha Andrew 'Drew' Cooper is the resident bad boy of the school. He's arrogant, dirty minded... More

Chapter One: 7 Years Before
Chapter Two: Freshman Day
Chapter Three: Buttercup
Chapter Four: It's Senior Year!
Chapter Five: Designated Driver
Chapter Six: Surf Date
Chapter Seven: The Party
Chapter Eight: Mixed Emotions
Chapter Nine: A Beach Day
Chapter Ten: Not A Date, Date
Chapter Eleven: Dangerous Waters
Chapter Twelve: Chicken Soup
Chapter Thirteen: Mr Chef
Chapter Fourteen: Playing hookey
Chapter Fifteen: Bonfire
Chapter Sixteen: Girl's Night
Chapter Seventeen: Casey
Chapter Eighteen: 20 Questions
Chapter Nineteen: Confessions Of A Teenage Surfer
Chapter Twenty: Detention
Chapter Twenty-One: Infinity ∞
Chapter Twenty-Two: Bunked
Chapter Twenty-Three: A Not So Romantic Evening
Chapter Twenty-Four: Bitchiness In The Bathroom
Chapter Twenty-Six: Silence
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Broken Ribs
Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Truth
Chapter Twenty-Nine: It's Vegas Baby!
Chapter Thirty: Lucky Charm
Chapter Thirty-One: Family
Chapter Thirty-Two: Silver Lining
Chapter Thirty-Three: A Valentine's Day Story
Chapter Thirty-Four: Revelations
Chapter Thirty-Five: Tap Out
Chapter Thirty-Six: Danger Magnet
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Violence in the Cafeteria
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Best Friends Forever?
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Four in A Bed
Chapter Forty: Flowers for The Dead
Chapter Forty-One: Walking On Sunshine
Chapter Forty-Two: Jealousy Is A Big Green Monster
Chapter Forty-Three: The G-Rents
Chapter Forty-Four: Bijou
Chapter Forty-Five: Christmas Shopping
Chapter Forty-Six: Santa's Grotto
Chapter Forty-Seven: 24 Hours
Chapter Forty-Eight: The Beginning of Something New
Chapter Forty-Nine: All Mine
Chapter Fifty: Gut Feeling
Chapter Fifty-One: Red Valentine
Chapter Fifty-Two: Cold Bed
Chapter Fifty-Three: Strength
Chapter Fifty-Four: Courage
Chapter Fifty-Five: Sacrifice
Chapter Fifty-Six: The Beginning of The End
Author's Final Note
Bonus Chapter: February 14th
UPDATE

Chapter Twenty-Five: Coffee With A Stranger

1.3K 31 4
By IamRecklessandBrave

"Oh shit!" I exclaimed as I realised that I was already late for my next lesson. But then I realised there was no teacher for this lesson, so technically I had a free. I wasn't going to bother finding Taylor; she was probably with Ethan.

Since I needed to get ahead with my project I made my way to the art room, they kept specially for seniors. I had already collected my art portfolio from my locker, so I placed it on the work table.

Opening my notebook I found the latest idea scribbled across the page. The paper was to be painted pitch black. Then half of the moon was to be drawn with pastels in the middle if the page. I had envisioned this idea for a long time and excitement was bubbling through me at the aspect of finally creating it.

Firstly I painted the canvas a matt black colour. The canvas was left to dry so I started to jot down more ideas in my sketch book. After I was confident it was dry, out came my pastels and I began drawing on the moon. It took me the best part of half an hour because I was such a perfectionist.

With pencil first I lightly sketched out two people on surf boards facing the moon so all you could see was their backs. I took my fluorescent gel pens out and drew over them. The female was in a fluorescent pink bikini sitting on a neon green board. The guy was wearing bright yellow trunks and was sitting on an orange board. I couldn't help but remember the Midnight Surf where Drew and I spent most of our time talking.

I gasped as I looked down at my artwork. I hadn't noticed before, but I noticed it now. I had just recreated the scene where Drew and I held hands staring at the moon during the Midnight Surf. Except in my picture there was no one else there, just me and him. Quite simple.

The moon shined down on us. I have to say we looked enchanting sitting there watching the moon rise, hand in hand sharing a secret moment together.

Next I used glitter paint to add the light of the moon on the water. I let the piece dry before adding the finishing touches. I smiled at the work that was staring at me. To say I was proud was an understatement because this had to be the best piece of art work I had ever created.

I vaguely heard the bell ring, but I didn't move. I just sat there looking at the picture I had painted. Soon my classmates poured into the classroom. Since I had art I just took out a blank canvas.

"Quite please. Since you all now have a project idea I want to take every lessons this term to complete it and at the Winter Dance the two winners will be announced. So I suggest those of you who haven't started yet, to get a move on." she clapped her hands indicating people should get their things ready.

I wanted to take some time to think about the next art work I wanted to make. I wanted it to be different. Unique. Creative. Bold. Completely and utterly mine.

Again my pencil touched my sketchbook. I tried to imagine places, things, people to draw, paint or sketch.

After the hour working on the other piece my mind was void of ideas.

"So Maddi what have you done so far?" the teacher asked looking at my sketchbook.

"Well I finished two pieces." I took the other finished canvas from my folder and laid it beside the recent on that was still drying.

"Well done. I think you're ahead of the class so maybe you should slow down a bit since you only have a few more pieces to create." She kept her poker face on so not to reveal anything.

"Yeah I think I might do that. Can I go to the library so I can research other ideas." she nodded and I gathered my work and utensils to put in my bag.

I made my way, slowly, to the library. I walked into the girls bathroom first because I really needed to pee. Just as I flushed the toilet I heard someone walking into the toilets.

"What are trying to say?" Hailey questioned.

"Look Jason I love you so you can at least trust that I wasn't doing anything with Hunter."

"Why won't you trust me?" She cried.

"I'll telling you the truth. I was trying to find a way to break away." She mumbled.

"I was trying to help you!" She exclaimed.

"I'm sorry too. I love you. Be careful of Hunter." She said lovingly, but with a hint of worry.

"Pick me up normal time and we can go to see Weasel."

"Love you too!" She said finally before hanging up. I was puzzled over the conversation I had just overheard. I assumed the guy who was taking Hailey the other day was her boyfriend, Jason.

I wanted to know what Hailey was involved in. Just as she was leaving my phone rang. Fuck.

The caller id told me it was Daniel. Great timing.

"Who's there?" Hailey asked suspiciously. I came out of the cubicle, guilty.

"What did you hear?" she asked.

"A few things. But I won't tell anyone." I told her.

"I'm sorry. I hate hiding things from you but this I something you shouldn't be involved in." she stated.

"Then why are you involved with whatever it is you are involved in?" I asked, narrowing my eyes.

The girl sighed. "I wish I could tell you everything but your life would be in danger and there are too many people who could get hurt." she said sadly.

"Why does everyone think I would be in danger if I try to find out what it is? Who decided what's dangerous for me or not." I exclaimed, anger consuming any other emotion.

"Because we are your friends and we care about you." Hailey said calmly.

"How are you so calm about this? What if the roles were reversed?" I cried, throwing my hands in the air.

"I'm sorry Maddi. Take care." she left without another word. I almost screamed in frustration.

To take my mind of things I left school. Without telling anyone I just left. It wasn't too far to walk home. I dumped my bags as soon as I got home and took the keys to my bike out of my box. Donning my black leather jacket and black jeans, I grabbed my helmet from the cupboard before wearing my black biker boots. The garage door opened when I pressed the button and revved my bike before taking off. I used to surf but when I fixed up the bike I took that for a spin. My dad and I had worked in it a couple of years ago so when we completed it gifted it to me on my 16th.

Because I had a helmet on I wasn't able to feel the wind against my hair. I didn't know where I was going I was just following my instinct. I realised I was reaching the place where Daniel and I had gone to eat at the diner.

I drove further from it and reached the edge of the forest. Since we were on higher ground I could look out over the city.

I liked the countryside because it gave me freedom and space to think.

I sat down beside my bike, with my helmet resting on the floor. I didn't understand why any of this was happening. I didn't know why Daniel was lying to me. I didn't know why Drew thought he was dangerous. I didn't know if Ethan, Taylor or Josh were involved.

I don't understand why I was kept in the dark. Why I had to be 'protected'. But I'll show them I don't need protection.

Truth be told I had a little secret of my own and I guess I was time to go back. I whipped out my phone, "Hey!"

"Jeremy its me, Maddi." I said into the phone.

"Oh hey Maddi, we haven't seen you for a while." Jeremy said.

"I'm coming back." Was all I needed to say before he replied with, "I'll get your things ready. When do you need it?"

"Tonight."

"Fine, usual time, usual place. See you there Madstar." I could imagine him winking at me. I giggled before putting my phone back into my pocket.

Since I was thirsty I decided to go to the little café that was en route to home.

I parked my bike in an inconspicuous area, because I didn't want to draw attention to myself.

I walked inside, the bell tinkling behind me. All eyes were on me. I could feel a few lustful gazes from some of the men while others barely looked up from their newspapers.

"One coffee. Black, no sugar. Thanks." I ordered. It was times like these where I went for the strong stuff. The waiter smiled at me before preparing my coffee.

"That's 2 dollars 49 cents please." he said after pressing some buttons on the machine.

I left three one dollars notes and walked out.

"Your change!" I shook my head before indicating he should keep it.

He shrugged before attending to a new customer. I sat down on a chair outside looking out to the busy square. Although it was a small village, there was always something to do. Almost like the village that never sleeps. I think the reason why I liked coming here is because everyone knows everyone for who they are.

I sighed and took a sip of my coffee, letting the dark liquid burn down my throat. It was bitter at first but then you got the roasted coffee flavour, something you wouldn't be able to taste at Starbucks. I closed my eyes to enjoy the afternoon sun, letting the light beat down on my face. I heard the scrape of the chair against the concrete floor.

"I haven't seen you around here?" The young man asked. He looked older than me say 20 or so.

"I come down here occasionally." I shrugged.

"May I ask what is a pretty lass like you doing down here in our village?" He leant forward on his hands.

"Just wanted some fresh coffee." I stated. I didn't particularly want to talk to this guy.

"Where do you live then?" he asked again. I mentally groaned.

"Why do you want follow me home?" I asked.

"No I didn't mean it live that. Maybe just the area?" He held up his hands in a defensive manner. He seemed alright but that didn't mean I let my guard down.

"Okay. Well I live in California."

"Isn't that where all of us here live?" he smiled.

"You did say area so I told you." I smirked.

"Smart girl." He smirked as well.

"What are you really doing here though." He folded his arms.

"Well I wanted to escape for a few hours. I was getting annoyed at how I was being kept in the dark. How my friends didn't trust me enough. It's so confusing I still haven't managed to wrap my head around it." I sighed and took another sip of my coffee.

"I can understand how you feel. There are so many times I find out my friends have lied and it doesn't really end well for them." I gasped.

"Oh not in that way, I just stop being their friend. But if they did something quite bad I would humiliate them. Usually they'll come back begging for forgiveness." He smirked.

"So you're that badass." I winked while giggling.

"You could say that." He shrugged.

"But there is this one girl who's only aim is to destroy me so she can have my boyfriend. And the worst thing is that I heard her say it in the bathroom." I said exasperated.

"It's funny how much shit happens in the bathrooms." He laughed. "So what's the deal with your boyfriend?"

"Daniel? Well he's being a douche right now. I mean we were best friends before but then we realised we had feelings for each other..."

"Oh it's the cliched best friends fall in love kind of story?" he asked chuckling.

"Actually no. He had just moved to California so things were different. But soon it was back to normal again and I guess I fell for him. At the same time there's this other guy who I have detested my whole life but then we kiss some how and I feel differently about him.

This is before me and Daniel were going out. This other guy, he just is different. Oh you probably don't want to hear this. I don't even know why know why I'm burdening a stranger with all my problems." I shook my head laughing.

"No it's okay. If I'm able to help then all won't be in vain will it?" he said.

"I guess not." I launched into my whole story careful not to reveal any names, because after all he was still a stranger.

Soon we started talking and it followed quite nicely, though there were a few awkward silences. I subtly looked at my watch and realised we had spent almost two hours talking.

Just as I was about to tell him I had to leave his phone rang.

"Hello?" he said into the speaker. I vaguely heard the name name Hunter being mentioned again. This Hunter person seems to haunt me everywhere I go.

"Oh okay."

"Tell him. I'll be there as soon as possible."

"Tell him not to do anything rash. I'll be there. Just keep him restrained." He continued talking so I took this as my cue to leave. But as I left he grabbed my wrist.

"What did you say your name was again?" he said letting go of my hand to cover his phone.

"I didn't."

********************************************************************************************************************

There we have it!! Another chapter for another beautiful day!! I hope you like it.

Hunter is really coming up everywhere isn't he?? Well hopefully I'll bring him into the next chapter. Hehe. I think more and more action will start to come in... I have a few fast paced action coming up including Maddi's secret being revealed.

Mwahahaha. I'm feeling really evil right now because I know how I'm going to end the end next chapter :p

Please bear with me a few more days and I'll try and get new chapter up as soon as I can :)

Happy Reading!!!!

COMMENT/VOTE/FAN!!!! Next chapter I might open a competition for all of you!!

Tell me who is your favourite character!!! XD

Thankies

IamRecklessAndBrave

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 44 16
Maddi Is a 17 year old girl.... she is cheated on by her boyfriend she moves from Ohio to California to start fresh.... where there she meets a guy n...
38 0 9
˚ ༘ ೀ⋆。˚⋆˚✿˖° When Jade, a woman with unyielding independence, crosses paths with the charismatic Max Logan, little does she know that a seemingly ha...
88.8K 1.6K 40
Under editing• Beware there is confusion of Daisy which is Kaidens niece• She is nineteen so I'm in the process of changing that • Warnings ⚠️ • ver...
575K 13.2K 85
[COMPLETED] {Wattys 2017} "Why does a bad boy like you want a good girl like me?" I asked. "Because, no other boy could treat you right like me" he...