LETHAL JOURNEY || TEWKESBURY...

By illusiveink

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 〭✴ ̽ ࣩBOOK 2 OF DELICATE ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 6TH OCTOBER 2020 ࿐ྂ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ •*⁀➷ COMPLETED !! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀☁︎ 11 PM (PHT / G... More

𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐋 𝐉𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐄𝐘
𝐈𝐌𝐏𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐒
𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓 + 𝐆𝐔𝐈𝐃𝐄
𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
𝐢.
𝐢𝐢.
𝐢𝐢𝐢.
𝐯.
𝐯𝐢.
𝐯𝐢𝐢.
𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢.
𝐢𝐱.
𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐂.
𝐱.
𝐱𝐢.
𝐱𝐢𝐢.
𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢.
𝐱𝐢𝐯.
𝐱𝐯.
𝐱𝐯𝐢.
𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢.
𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢.
𝐱𝐢𝐱.
𝐱𝐱.
𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
BOOK 3 RELEASED

𝐢𝐯.

8.5K 330 678
By illusiveink

LETHAL JOURNEY ࿐ྂ
           🏹ׅ۬∙           
iv. The Trip to Castalene

ONCE TEWKESBURY AWOKE WITH the glaring face of Y/N staring at him, he chuckled. "I expected a sweet little reaction once I awoke yet I saw the frowning face of a distressed looking lady. Smile a little, you look a little shabby." He joked.

"At this point, I just wish you died." Y/N replied.

"Oh, you know to yourself you'd miss me a lot."

"Touché." She simply replied and continued to look at him with a blank expression on her face.

"Is there something wrong?" He asked.

The girl shrugged, "I don't know. Is there?" She answered.

"You look like you're so close to stabbing me," Tewkesbury mumbled.

"Shush, Tewkesbury. I'm contemplating whether to kill you myself or celebrate that you're awake." Y/N said, placing her index finger on his lips, staring at the wall to act as if she was lost in thought.

She narrowed her eyes to the side and sighed before turning to the young lord. "As it turns out, that face is too endearing to kill."

"What a brilliant mind you've got. Now, can I have that medication?" He asked.

"What medication?" She questioned, looking at the boy, puzzled. A cheeky smile was plastered on his face as she finally got the message.

"You're awfully frisky even after cheating death." The girl said. He pouted once again.

"Don't do this to me or to yourself, Tewkesbury. Stop pouting! You're going to make me — Fine! Just this once. Do you understand?" He nodded his head before she closed her eyes and gave him a light peck on the lips.

Pulling away, she fluttered her eyes open again. The boy couldn't have enough of her. So, he leaned into her face and gave her a long chaste kiss until they eventually pulled away breathlessly.

"You give in so easily," Tewkesbury taunted. She slapped his arm playfully, making him yelp a bit. "Only to you and you know that. Now enough with this cheesy shit that I totally didn't enjoy. We have a place to visit."

"Right. The unity tour. I think I'm good now considering that the arrow didn't hit much. I'm a strong man."

"Are you really?" — "Yes." — "Mhm. Sure. Okay."

"Now, we're off to Lord Cosko's Castalene."

"Are you sure you're okay?" — "I'm fine, Y/N. Besides, you can't go to Castalene without me."

"Fair point. If you ever need anything, I'm always here."

***

"This is a lovely estate." Y/N stated. She looked around and saw a man approaching them with a wide smile on his face. Behind him is a young woman maybe in her 20's who looked cautious as they got closer.

"Greetings! Welcome to the Castalene Hall, Lord and Lady Tewkesbury!" the man greeted. Y/N and Tewkesbury looked at each other.

'Did he just call me Lady Tewkesbury?' She thought.

"You're mistaken. I'm not — We're not — " Tewkesbury stammered.

"What he meant is we're not married — " Y/N was cut off when she heard Tewkesbury say something that she swore she would never forget.

" — yet." He interjected.

The girl blinked numerously and turned her head to the red faced young lord who looked at her as well.

"Ah, I see. You're . . . proposed?" The confused man said in a questioning manner.

"No, we're not." Y/N answered.

"Yet," Tewkesbury said yet again. Y/N was as red as a fresh red apple. She cleared her throat and spoke, changing the subject.

"My name is Y/N. I don't mind you calling me with just that," L/N held her hand out for him to take.

"Lord Cosko of Castalene. I heard about ( father's name ). I'm so sorry. I can see why you're fighting for women. I just don't know if my vote should be on your side. You see, I have to follow what the King has to do."

He shook her hand. "Why? Is the King not in favour of this? If so, how'd you know?" She asked.

"There are rumours that go around the country, young Y/N."

"Those are nothing but rumours, Lord Cosko." Y/N said.

"But sometimes rumours can be true." The man responded.

"Only if you let them." L/N replied, making him chuckle.

"Your reputation precedes you." Was the only thing he could reply before turning to Tewkesbury who nodded in greeting.

"Ah. Almost slipped from my mind. Here is my daughter." He introduced. The woman stepped up with a scrutinising gaze.

"Lady Guineviere. Pleased to meet you Lord Tewkesbury and Miss Y/N."

"Pleased to meet you as well, Lady Guineviere." They both answered.

"My wife couldn't make it today. She's somewhere in town with her assistant to buy new art materials, and will be off to Nova Scotia tonight for a business trip."

"How inspiring."

"Inspiring indeed. Now that we've been introduced, I think it's time to head inside."

***

The other lords arrived at scattered times of the afternoon until dinner came. As everyone sat down on their respective seats in the dining hall with the band playing calming music, they talked.

"The Masquerade Ball was eventful." Lord Cosko said.

"Indeed. No one really expected an assassination attempt to take place." Tewkesbury replied.

"One peculiar thing I noticed is they were after the lords and the nobilities that joined us in this project." Y/N said. Everyone looked at her.

"What are you saying?" Lord Allistair questioned.

"Isn't it obvious? They're trying to stop us from changing the way they have control over women." L/N said.

"They're after us. All of us at this table." She added.

"The drinks are here, Sir."

"Bring them in."

Y/N was busy talking to the Lords while Tewkesbury watched the server's every movement. He then watched the inside of the wine bottles carefully and as it emptied, he saw a figure of the forbidden flower he learned from his father. The boy cleared his throat, catching everyone's attention.

"Don't drink your wine." He simply ordered.

Everyone looked bewildered. They all stared at him, the tension in the room rising. The server was caught shaking and gulping nervously.

"Why not? I don't think we need toasts for this," Lord Barron said and lifted the goblet to his lips, sipping.

Y/N frowned and turned to the server who had watery eyes from getting too anxious. The girl then had a suspicion.

"Our drink has been poisoned, Lord Barron! I told you not to drink!" He exclaimed. Tewkesbury stood up from his chair. The server then thought he wasn't being watched as he slowly walked out stealthily.

Lord Cosko scoffed and signalled for his guards to hold the server as he kicked and screamed. The young lord of Basilwether took the bottle from his hand.

"This is an Atropa Belladonna, is it not?" He asked as he held the bottle up.

Suddenly, Lord Barron started wheezing as he looked around, beads of sweat forming on his forehead. His hand moved in different kinds of directions trying to look for something he couldn't even tell himself.

"Get help, now!" Lord Cosko ordered. Guineviere stood up from her seat and ran out of the dining hall screaming for help. Y/N also stood up from her chair along with the other lord who rushed to catch the Lord of Ferdonia before his back hit the floor.

Y/N looked around to see a few group men slowly coming their way with guns. "Not this again. Everyone, get down!" She yelled. Tewkesbury led her to the floor and under the table.

"Seriously? How did they know we're here?" She asked him. The guards of the estate started fighting back as they heard deafening sound of gunfires that never seemed to stop.

"Father must be one of them, but he's dead. How can this be?" L/N questioned. Tewkesbury frowned and turned his head to the other lords under the table as well.

"He's working with somebody. A higher-up." He said. The lords frowned and turned their heads to the peacefully sleeping Lord of Ferdonia.

"That's not true! He's been poisoned. He genuinely seemed confused and unaware of the spiked wines as well." Lord Theron said.

"Then who is it?" Y/N asked.

"This is no time to pinpoint. We should talk about this after we survive." Lord Cosko said. "My guards will hold them down. With that happening, we have to take our leave. Quick!" He yelled.

Once they were out of the state, Y/N started asking, "Where do we go now?"

"I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know? We're being chased by stupid assassins and we're carrying around an unconcious body. If we go downtown, everyone will think we're the ones who did this." Lord Leucrion said.

Lord Allistair facepalmed along with Lord Theron who let go of Lord Barron, turning to a tree in disappointment.

Lord Cosko looked back at his estate and started running back.

"Why are you returning?!" Lord Allistair asked.

"My daughter!"

"Oh shit!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113K 3K 13
"Nothing is forever." "Maybe we are the exception." You are Enola's older sister. She is younger by a year. You didn't live with her though, you live...
123K 2.1K 41
Veronica SaintClair is a girl that wants to explore the world and go on adventures. Unfortunately her Father doesn't approve of such life and believe...
86K 2.4K 13
【 ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴀʟᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀɪᴄᴋꜱ ᴀᴄʜᴇ, ᴡʜᴀᴛᴇᴠᴇʀ ʀᴜɴꜱ ᴅᴇᴇᴘ ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʙʟᴇᴇᴅ 】━━ ❬ ❛ enola holmes ❜ ❭ ━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━ · . ⋆ · ━━━ fem!oc x tewksbury...
2.2M 113K 54
"You see him as an heir of your empire and not as a family member. All you care about is the inheritance and not the child. If all you want is an hei...