๐–ˆ๐–๐–†๐–‘๐–‘๐–Š๐–“๐–Œ๐–Š ๐–†๐–ˆ๐–ˆ๐–Š๐–•...

By cutesight

" ๐š†๐š’๐š•๐š• ๐šข๐š˜๐šž ๐š—๐š˜๐š ๐šœ๐š–๐š’๐š•๐šŽ ๐š๐š˜๐š› ๐š–๐šŽ? " - - - - Y/N is the opposite of Akaashi. She wears her he... More

Rebellious side?
Assist!
Envious smile
You're sorry?
Is this a good idea?
Akaashi's "girlfriend"
Keep it a secret
Words out
What's real and what's fake?
Smoke and mirrors
Rebellious phase
Rooftop lunch
Clouded and curious
Secretly rich
Tell him the truth
A hole in the contract
I dare you to kiss
It's all an act
Welcome home, masters
Akaashi's falling hard
Going backwards
I'm scared.
Might as well
Held by fear
Someone else
A moment of distraction
Arranged marriage
Like me better
Fathers proposal
Fake date
Distracted
Revealed
Fessing up
Cinderella and her squire
Missing him
No more secrets
I'm bad too
Guy talk
An imaginer
Are we really doing this?
Pierre
Defiance
What now?
A new change
Time is ticking
I love you Keiji
Last night with Akinori
Farewell, Y/N
Do you accept this challenge?

Tears for his mother

8.3K 317 180
By cutesight

Konoha walks you to your bedroom after dinner. "So, what kind of dream did you have? I'm curious."

There's no way in hell you'll tell him. You're ashamed for dreaming such a thing. Slapping your cheeks lightly, you shiver involuntarily. "It was a nightmare. I don't want to think about it."

Konoha frowns. He nibbles on his bottom lip and slows his steps when he notices Y/N's bedroom door in reach. He didn't want her to leave just yet. "Do you have some free time Y/N? I'd like to show you something."

You turn your head slightly to look at Konoha. He wears a pleading look on his face. You didn't exactly have anything to do and the nights still young. "Sure. Just don't pull a prank on me." Your guard is up after the dream. Konoha nods his head and leads you down the opposite hallway. "Where are you taking me anyway?"

"My bedroom." Konoha answers bluntly. He hears Y/N's footsteps come to a stop. "I'm not going to do anything to you Y/N." Konoha turns around and pulls her by the wrist. "I'm not going to stoop that low. Akaashi is still a good friend of mine." Pursing your lips, you follow Konoha. He opens his bedroom door and lets you inside first. To your surprise his bedroom isn't a mess. He's kept his room clean or possibly a maid cleaned his room.

Konoha closes the door and walks over to a shelf. He reaches for a photo book on the top shelf and walks over to his bed. He pats beside him, ushering you to come over.

You timidly walk over to him and sit on the edge of his bed. "I don't show this to everyone. So consider yourself lucky Y/N." Konoha smiles at you. You lower your eyes from his face to the photo album that he places between the two of you. The edges of the album is worn out and a handwritten year is written on the front cover.

'1994-1997'

Konoha opens the album with trembling hands. It's been a few years since he's looked at this album. He feels a tightness in his chest and he's unable to flip past the handwritten note on the first page.

You read the note to yourself.

'The light of my life, Akinori.'

A signature is signed under it and you're unable to read it. You can only assume that the signature might've been Konoha's mother. You reach over for his trembling hand, giving them a slight squeeze. "Akinori." Your voice is a soft whisper when you call out to him. "You wanted to show me your mother?"

He nods his head, a small smile on his face. "She would've loved you Y/N. I'm sure she would be just as adamant as your parents about this arranged marriage."

You pull your hand away, feeling awkward. Puckering out your lips, you huff out. "Well, I still wouldn't give in. I like Keiji."

"You don't have to remind me." Konoha exhales under his breath. He musters the courage to flip the next page. An image of his mother cradling him in tears is the first photo.

You giggle when you see how upset baby Konoha is. The two of you quietly look at the photos together. Each photo shows a happy couple with their newborn. But you notice how pale and skinnier his mother looks in the later photos. Konoha hesitates to look further. Your eyes flicker over to his forlorn expression. A frown twitches on his face and he seems to hold back tears.

"She always kept smiling despite being in so much pain. A tumor formed not long after she gave birth to me." Konoha mumbles out between clench teeth. His hand forms into a fist and he closes the photo album with his free hand. "Why did she have to die so soon? I don't have any memory of her besides these photos." He forces his eyes shut and slams his fist against his bed. You tense when you watch Konoha grow aggravated with himself.

"Akinori you can't be upset at yourself. You were roughly three years old when she passed." You're unsure how to comfort him. "She left this behind for you to remember her by, right?"

Konoha slowly calms down to look at the photo album. He envisions his mothers smiling face as she puts this album together for him with her last bit of life. The thought never crossed his mind until Y/N mentioned it. An aching pain pierces in his heart and the tears trickle down his face. His initial plan was to show Y/N his mother and to rub in her face the fact that he is super adorable as a baby.

But here he is...crying.

He lowers his head and bites his lip, squeezing his eyes shut. The tears trickle down his cheeks and he's inhaling sharply with each sob.

Your brows furrow together as you watch Konoha cry his heart out. You probably made the situation more worse than better. Nervously, you extend your hand to his back. You gently rub his back in circular motions. With your other hand, you try to wipe his tears away. But they're an endless stream. A frown etches onto your face and you start to feel useless.

How do you cheer up someone who's in tears?

Akaashi kissed you to slow your tears. But that's not an option for you to do in this situation.

Should you tease him instead? Maybe a joke or something to lighten the mood? Or maybe a hug?

That's something friends do for each other.

With so many options to choose from, you're unsure which one to do. Konoha's body shivers when he cries harder. You bite your tongue, quickly deciding on an option.

You reach for the side of Konoha's head, leaning his head on your shoulder. Your fingers slowly run through his dirty blonde hair, stroking. "Let it all out Akinori. I'll be here." You speak softly beside him. He nods his head, sniffling.

In the end you decide to lend him your shoulder. Some time later he's cried himself to sleep. You gently lay Konoha down and attempt to adjust his entire body onto the bed. You pull his blanket over him and carefully sweep his bangs to the side.

Seeing his sleeping face like this erases your thoughts of him from your dream. Your thumb wipes away his remaining tears. Maybe in another timeline you would've fallen for Konoha. But your heart is strongly devoted to Akaashi.

"Sorry Akinori." You faintly whisper with a frown. He doesn't respond back. His chest heaves up and down slowly as he's drifting asleep. You pick up the photo album and place it on his nightstand. You then walk over to his door and take one last glance at his sleeping face before you retire for the night.

"Miss?" Yamoto catches you exiting Konoha's room, an eyebrow raised. You clam up and notice how odd this might look in his point of view.

"Konoha invited me to his room to look at a photo album of his mother." You blurt out nervously, tucking a stray hair behind your ear.

"Oh? It's been awhile since he's mentioned her." Yamoto wears a warm smile. "How did the young master react?"

Pursing your lips, you lower your eyes. There's no reason for you to lie to his butler. "He cried..."

Yamoto slowly nods his head, a frown slowly growing on his face. "The madam was a kind woman with a heart of gold. It saddens me that Konoha was too young to remember her. But, Miss. You must be special to the young master if he's shown you that album. The last person he showed it to must've been Bokuto."

"Bokuto?" You repeat his name and Yamoto nods his head. "I don't think he's shown Akaashi yet. I wonder why." Yamoto mumbles to himself, excusing himself as he retires to his own room.

You ponder on the thought.

Why hasn't Konoha shown Akaashi? Maybe he just didn't find the right moment?

You doubt it's because he lacks trust in Akaashi.

Right?

You ignore your thoughts and hurry to your bedroom. You're not going to let your imaginations get the better of you anymore today.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.5K 287 27
sereia delair pays attention to everyone in her friend groups male counterpart except for one, the only one yearning for her attention, theodore nott...
349K 33.3K 200
แ€กแ€œแ€ฝแ€šแ€บแ€แ€€แ€ฐ แ€กแ€”แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€€แ€ปแ€„แ€บแ€ทแ€แ€ถแ€›แ€€แ€ฌ แ€›แ€ฏแ€•แ€บแ€†แ€ญแ€ฏแ€ธแ€žแ€ฑแ€ฌ แ€™แ€Šแ€บแ€žแ€Šแ€บแ€ท แ€†แ€ฑแ€ธแ€•แ€Šแ€ฌแ€…แ€ฝแ€™แ€บแ€ธแ€›แ€Šแ€บแ€™แ€พ แ€™แ€›แ€พแ€ญแ€žแ€ฑแ€ฌ แ€žแ€ฐแ€™แ‹ แ€žแ€ฐแ€€ แ€œแ€ฐแ€™แ€ปแ€ฌแ€ธแ€…แ€ฝแ€ฌแ€™แ€พ แ€‘แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€บแ€•แ€ถแ€ทแ€•แ€ฑแ€ธแ€แ€ผแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€แ€ถแ€›แ€€แ€ฌ แ€€แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€€แ€„แ€บแ€กแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€บแ€แ€ฝแ€„แ€บ แ€กแ€ฌแ€แ€ฌแ€€แ€ผแ€ฎแ€ธแ€…แ€ฝแ€ฌแ€–แ€ผแ€„แ€บแ€ท...
51.6K 1.3K 45
"Why don't I EVER keep my big mouth shut?!" "Why doesn't she ever keep her mouth shut?" "Why do you never keep your big mouth shut?" *Art isn't mine*...
593K 36K 100
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...