Serial Lover

By FrankieMarie__

Silence. "HUH?" He laughs aiming the gun at my head. "Does this scare you, babe," he yells with anger. My hea... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chpater 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 1

26.3K 347 345
By FrankieMarie__

~Runnin'~

LANI POV

"SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME," I cried in desperation as I ran in the rain. It's a cold night to be running from two low life gangsters chasing me in the wild streets of New York. My vision has become blurry and I am soaked.

My body hurt and my feet are getting tired.

It's been over a week since I left California and made my way to New York.

My mother died in a fatal car accident when I was only fifteen, causing my stepfather to become abusive. I couldn't take it anymore. As soon as I turned eighteen which was February nineteenth I left.

You'd think New York would be better but right now it's really proving me wrong. What could they possibly want from me? I'm poor...

I turn my head only to see the men catching up and getting closer every second. I started to run faster and faster. The only thing that was keeping me alive was the rain. It gave me some sort of weird energy.

This is what I get for walking around in a rich neighborhood at night. I always go for walk. It's sad how a girl can't take a walk without being worried about some men chasing or trying to kidnap her. Men are hurting, chasing, kidnapping, and raping us for what reason?

Gosh, I just wanted some fresh air.

I was running so fast I didn't even notice the car coming. The car quickly comes to a stop nearly hitting me by an inch.

The person gets out of the car and walks towards me. I tried to catch my breath and say something but couldn't. I have been running for twenty minutes. I point towards the men who were chasing me and look over.

As he stood in front of me I couldn't help but blush. He was stunning. A 6-foot handsome man with bright sparkling grey eyes. I swear I know him from somewhere but with all that's going through my mind right now I can't seem to figure out who this mysterious man is.

The two creepy men quickly came rushing up to us but came to a stop when they saw the man I was with.

"Just hand her over and we won't have any problems," The largest one said.

"How about you get the fuck on and leave us alone before I kick your ass," said the mysterious man standing in front of me.

They laughed which even gave me more creeps.

What the fuck? Those men are big as hell. I backed up trying to get away as I was shocked by the threat this man just made. My breath was getting shorter and shorter and I started to have trouble breathing. The men even got closer.

"Move," Dummy number one yelled as he stormed up to us.

The mysterious man got closer and punched him in his face leaving him on the ground. I gasped, and my hands start shaking as he continued to beat the hell out of the other one leaving them bloody and running.

How much I underestimated this man. He definitely just blew my mind.

I started feeling dizzy and confused. I think I was having a panic attack and those never end well. The next thing I saw was black.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Next Morning...

I woke up in the most comfortable bed I have ever been in. That was the best sleep I have had in years. I finally opened my eyes to see that I wasn't in my room. I looked over and saw a clock. It's one in the afternoon. I'm late for work.

Gosh, my head hurt like hell.

I sit up and look down to see I wasn't in my clothes. I was wearing a huge t-shirt and some men's underwear.

I quickly got up and shivered as soon as my feet touched the cold marble floors. I opened the curtains and looked down to see I was in a building and at least on the 50th floor. I started to panic. Where the fuck am I?

I heard footsteps and the same man from last night walked in. The one who saved me. He looked even more handsome. He has a sharp jawline, perfect hair, and Silver beautiful eyes that all formed a perfect masculine face.

He looked familiar but again I couldn't put my finger on it. Quickly he closed the door and walked up to me. I walked back and every step he took forward I took back until I hit the huge glass window.

He raised his hand up slowly and I flinched. I thought he was going to hit me. I'm so used to it, I flinch at everything. When he realized that he had a confused look on his face. He reached for my face and softly touched it. I had a bruise. The rain must have washed the makeup off. This was a bruise from my stepdad punching me in my face right before I left.

"Are you ok?" he asked in a deep husky morning voice.

"Yes," I replied as I looked down trying to move but he stopped me.

"Stay," he demanded and I did. It's something about him that says do what you're told.

He got closer and reached over with his free hand to get some healing cream. Opened it and slowly put the cream on my face where the bruise was. I got goosebumps from him touching me.

"What's your name?" He asked raising an eyebrow while still caressing and touching my bruised face.

"Lani," I replied while looking down blushing.

"Beautiful name," He said while raising my head up slowly with his soft hands to finish putting on the cream.

I blushed even harder.

"Thank you for everything..... um...." I said. I didn't even know this man's name yet he looked so familiar. I managed to get past him and made my way to the door. I turned around and looked at him.

"You don't know my name," He chucked with a huge smirk on his face as he walked up to me.

"What's funny?" I asked. I had no idea why he was laughing.

"Nothing," He said laughing even harder. I rolled my eyes and walked away he followed me walking me to the door. He handed me a pair of his pants considering I was in men's underwear and a big ass t-shirt.

"Where are my clothes?" I asked wanting them back. The only clothes I have are my mother's. I couldn't take mines they bring memories of me in that house with my stepdad.

"I threw them away," he said in a calm and natural nature like what he did was ok.

"Why the fu-"

He interrupted me "I would the way you talk to me Ms.Paris," he said walking off.

If he didn't know my first name how the hell did he know my last name or does he know who I am?

I turned around and left.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Next Morning...

This morning I got a call from my boss telling me I have been fired. This was unexpected and out of the blue and he couldn't tell me the reason why he was firing me. I'm honestly one of the best workers he's had. He told me himself and I have only been working with him for a week. Creep. I never did anything wrong to the café. Luckily I had got an email from multiple companies looking to hire a receptionist but one caught my eye, Valentino Industries.

I had managed to get a job interview at Valentino Industries today. I know it's a bad thing. I know. But I have no choice.

Valentino Industries is run by Kilo Valentino a man of great power. The most successful and young billionaire in America. He owns thousands of hotels across America and 100s of clubs. He is highly respected and apparently every girl's dream. Well, I think...... I don't really remember what he looks like. But today I have a meeting with him.

I walked up to the huge building.

VALENTINO INDUSTRIES.

It had at least 60 floors. I walked in and tried to keep my mouth shut so my jaw wouldn't drop. This place is insanely big and amazing. It looks like some shit you see in the movies. That rich people shit.

I walked over to the desk.

"Hi my name is Lani Paris and I'm here for an interview," I said to the front desk lady

No response.

I cleared my throat.

Nothing. Was she really ignoring me?

"Hello," I shouted with anger.

She just sat there typing away ignoring me as if I wasn't there speaking to her.

"MISS," I yelled with anger. All eyes turned around to look at me.

She looked at me and laughed as she chewed her gum.

I know this Shakira wanna be bitch did not just laugh at me. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes to control my anger. Right before I could say something I hear her pick up the phone.

I calm down.

She looks disappointed and says "So send her up?" to the person on the other line.

She slams the phone down and rolls her eyes. "41st floor," she mumbled with an attitude.

I rolled my eyes and made my way to the elevator, the employees were laughing and whispering as I walked by.

I was wearing the best thing I could find which was a ragged tight short pencil skirt and that shirt the man gave me the other day. I tied it up so it could look stylish and cute.

I walked out of the elevator. I slowly walked to the huge doors and knocked.

"Come in," I heard the man say.

I glance at the clock It had been 9 o'clock sharp when I entered his office.

I mentally smiled at how on time I was.

I stood there watching him as his back was faced toward me, he was starting outside the window looking at the beautiful New York skyline. The room was breathtaking, it was cozy and dark with big windows.

I sat down and he turned around.

My mouth dropped. Kilo Valentino is the man from yesterday the one who saved me. I was confused. This man. This evil man. I can't believe he's Kilo. The Kilo that people say is involved in the mafia and kills people is the same man who took me in and saved my life.

He smirked as he knew exactly what I was thinking.

I was frozen and couldn't move for a second.

"I see you're wearing my shirt," he said with a laugh.

"I- I-" I got up to leave. I had to I couldn't do this right now.

"Stop" he demanded. But I kept walking. He somehow managed to catch up and stopped right in front of the door.

I rolled my eyes and tried to move but before I could he grabbed my arm. "Did you just--"

Shit. He saw me roll my eyes I was quick to lie and said "no" before he could finish his sentence.

"--roll your eyes at me" he finished while taking steps towards me and every time I took steps back until my back hit the wall. It kind of hurt. He can't just be walking up to people like this. He pinned me to the wall with both hands on the side of me. It reminded me of yesterday but this time he had hatred in his eyes. His face was so close I could smell his minty-fresh breath and expensive cologne.

My breathing got heavier and heavier. He got closer and hissed "Don't ever FUCKING disrespect me again."

I tried to move but he locked me in every time. I wanted to push him away he was too close and too strong.

"ok," I said waiting impatiently for him to move, but he didn't. He just stood there staring at me.

"Go sit down," he said yelling at me.

I sat down. I wanted to leave so bad but I need this job. badly...

So I did exactly what he said.

"Your applying for a receptionist? correct?" He asked typing away on his computer acting as if nothing just happened.

I wanted to roll my eyes so fucking bad. I can't believe this shit.

"Yes," I replied still pissed but maintained my attitude.

"I want you to be my PA," he said all calm.

You got to be fucking kidding me. His PA?

"No," I said. I am not going to be his fucking Personal Assistant there's no way in hell, not after the way he just treated me.

"Yes, you will Ms. Paris," he chuckled with a smirk on his face.

"Cause if you don't," he paused turning his smirk into a deadly look. "I will make sure nobody in this city will fucking hire you," he continued trying to scare me.

So this mother fucker is crazy.

"You wouldn't dare," I said while standing up.

"Try me," he says while getting in my face.

I backed up and sat back down. He got closer.

"That's what I thought," he said turning around.

Fuck.

I got up and turned around and headed to the door. I can't fucking believe him.

"Where do you think you going?" He asked.

"Home," I replied while walking away.

"You start tomorrow."

"Sure," I walked out and slammed the door. I know it was disrespectful but he can go to hell. How did he expect me to start tomorrow?

A/N

Thanks for reading Serial Lover, for some reason I couldn't change the title and I know this sounds stupid but the title has nothing to do with the book lol sorry!! Enjoy!!!

If there are any questions please ask!!!

BTW this is not fanfiction!!!!!!!!!

Lol just wanted to say I have a new book I'm writing and I haven't been writing it because...

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1K! please vote and commet!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 27.3K 87
Jasmine Petrova I downed a shot of tequila, allowing the burning liquid to slide down my throat and settle in my stomach. I deserved to have some fun...
410K 9K 98
{18+ Matured Content, It involves heavy sex, bondage, violence, rape, BDSM, age gap, enslavement, and crime} ••• "Look at me, Balia," I commanded. S...
2M 52.8K 69
"It's funny that you are saying this because if one of us is jealous, then it's you. Or did you forget that you just pushed the man I was dancing wit...
100K 2.6K 40
For 23 years old woman, Gia Florence went through lots of breaks up and she never been in a relationship for more than six months. All because she en...