chemical

By trashpandaleader

"I don't believe in love. It's just a chemical reaction in our brain, nothing more." More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.

13.

2.4K 50 7
By trashpandaleader

I slowly sat up as I tried to ignore my headache

"Mom please take that thing home with you."

"No but what I will be doing is take your phone."

"What why? I've barely used it." I said confused.

"So that means that you're not going to miss it and i don't need a reason because i'm your mother."

"You're not." I mumbled, i was too scared to say it aloud.

"What did you just say to me?" She said offened.

A nurse knocked on my door. "I'm here to take you to group therapy." She said with a smile.

I sighed and stood up. For the first time i was actually happy to go to groups therapy.

"We'll discuss this another time." My said to me before i walked out of the room.

I didn't say anything back. I wanted her to leave, i didn't need her in my life.

"Where's dr.Hood?" I asked the nurse as we where walking.

"He's assisting an operation, he will come see you after hes done."

I  nodded, that would give some time to think if i should to talk to him about my mother.

River was already there when we arrived. This time the seat next to him was empty.

"Welcome back." He whispererd with a smile when i sat down next to him.

"Happy to be back." I said sarcastic.

Ashton closed the door and sat down.

"There's a new person, she arrived yesterday." He said pointing to a shy girl.

She had faded pink hair and looked pretty skinny. She held her head down while she figeted with her fingers.

"Would you like to introduce yourself?" Ashton asked the girl.

She hesitantly looked up and waved at the group. "I'm Alice and I'd rather not say why I'm here."

That was pretty weird to me. Why would she want to keep that a secret?

Ashton accepted that and carried on with the same crap like he did last time.

Just like last time i ignored everything that he said and only spoke when somebody aksed me something.

After what seemed like forever the session was finally over.

People slowly left the room, nobody was in a hurry accept me.

I could tell that Ashton wanted to talk to me but i slipped out of the room just in time.

Once outside i bumped into River.

"In a hurry?"

I nodded. "Ashton wants to talk to me but i don't want to talk to him."

He laughed as he shook his head.

"Shall we say hello to the new girl?" River asked as we were walking back to our rooms.

"You wanna go talk to her?" I asked with disbelief.

"Yeah i do, is that so weird?"

I smiled. "I just didn't think that you were the social type."

"Wanna come?"

I hesitated, i wasn't exactly in the mood to socialize but i still was curious about who this girl was.

"Sure."

We walked to her room which was surprisingly easy to find and entered it.

"Hey your name was Alice right?" River aksed the girl.

"Yep, that's me. What's up?"

"Wanna join is on the roof?" I asked not interested in all the small talk.

"The roof?" She asked confused.

"Yeah that's kinda out hangout spot. Wanna join or not?" River spoke to her.

"Uhmm i guess i wanna join."

"Good, follow us." River said to her.

She hesitantly followed us and sat down next to me once we where in the roof.

"My mom's being a total dick." I said as a conversation starter.

"How come?" River asked.

"She gave me a scale to out besides my bed."

He laughed. "That's a first for me. A  mother expecting her kid to watch her weight in the hospital."

I laughed along with him. "Like she has to worry about that, we're not going 5 stars meals."

"Wait you actually have a scale in your room?" Alice asked with curiosity.

"Yes, i do."

"May i please use it?"

I shrugged. "I don't really care. You can use it if you want to."

"Omg you're the best." She said cheerfully as she hugged me.

I gave River a confused look which he returned. Why would she need a scale?

"Why are you here?" River aksed Alice.

"I'd rather not tell. It's something that i still haven't made peace with."

If i didnt feel like total shit i would've pushed her until she had given us an answer.

"That's okay." I mumbled.

River nodded in agreement.

Her phone rang, she picked it up.

"That was my dad he's waiting for me downstairs. It was nice to meet you." She said with a smile as she stood up.

"Hopefully we'll speak again soon." I said as she walked away.

"I'm happy that we talked to her." River said when she was gone.

I doubted that. The more friends you made here the harder the goodbye would be.

"Yeah it was." I lied to him.

"Are you okay? You seem off." He aksed.

"I'm fine, just a little headache."

He nodded with squinted eyes.

"Mabye it's best if we go back to our rooms before they're going to look for us."

I helped him up and supported him as he took his first steps. He always had trouble with moving after he had sat down for a while.

He slowly walked next to me until we arrived at his room.

"Bye Kate, see you tomorrow. " He said as he walked into his room.

I waved and walked to my room. I was relieved to see that my mom had left. But i was not so happy with the fact that she had taken my phone and had left the scale.

I sighed and sat down with my head in my hands.

There was a soft knock on the door. I looked up and was greeted by an happy Calum.

"How's going?" He asked with a smile.

I shook my head. "I don't feel good."

"In what way?"

"All ways. My head hurts, i feel nauseous and can't stop thinking abiut how much i hate it here."

He walked away and came back a minute later with 2 pills and a glass of water.

"This will hopefully make you feel a little better." He said as he handed them to me.

Usually i wouldn't take unfamiliar pills from people but right now i couldn't care less.

I put them in my mouth and washed them down with some water.

"I saw that your mom visited you today. How was it?"

"She took my phone." I said not wanting to bring the scale up.

"Did she explain why she did that?"

"No but i don't really care. It just make me think how much she's trying to control me even when I'm in a hospital. "

"Do you want me to talk to your mom about this? I don't want you to feel stressed because of her."

I shook my head. "I think that this is something that i have to sort out myself."

"Just know that I'm for you if you need any help."

I gave him an grateful smile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

lifesaver By A

Fanfiction

710K 13.9K 48
"Do you like doing it?" "Do I have a choice?"
11.1K 430 25
"why don't you understand that i love you?" "aaliyah, this was a mistake. our love wasn't meant to be real. i'm just too much older."
together By A

Fanfiction

554K 13.8K 52
"Why do you always stay with me?" "I like it when we're together"
4.2K 81 31
This story isnt about depression, or self harm, or anything like that. This story is something everyone can relate to. This story is real.