Anyone Else But You

By HRB2910

What happens if you fall in love with the wrong person? Maddie McCarthy must try to answer that question when... More

Chapter 1 - The Best Party Ever - Not!
Chapter 2 - The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Park
Chapter 3 - The Truth Comes Out
Chapter 4 - A Not-so Typical Sunday
Chapter 5 - In Which Fate Plays it's Hand
Chapter 6 - The Bra Incident
Chapter 7 - The Torture Continues
Chapter 8 - The Moaning of Life
Chapter 9 - Oh Sister where art thou?
Chapter 10 - Trouble at the McCarthy house
Chapter 11 - The Last Straw
Chapter 12 - An Unwelcome Visitor
Chapter13 - A Twist in the Tale
Chapter 14 - A Bomb goes Off
Chapter 15 - All's fair in Love and War
Chapter 16 - The Boy Next Door
Chapter 18 - Through the Grapevine
Chapter 19 - In Which There is an Audience
Chapter 20 - Friends No More
Chapter 21 - Where Battle Lines Are Drawn
Chapter 22 - Three Little Words
Chapter 23 - A Slap in the Face and a Surprise Visit
Chapter 24 - A Kick in the Gut
Chapter 25 - When You Just Don't Want to Talk to Anyone
Chapter 26 - The Perfect Team
Chapter 27 - Well I Guess This is Goodbye
Chapter 28 - The Chase Is On
Chapter 29 - Christmas Party
Thank you and Additional Playlist

Chapter 17 - When you wish upon a star

422 20 0
By HRB2910

Colbie Caillat – Falling For You

Maddie’s lips were tingling simply from the memory of Jasper’s kiss, it had been a day since the two of them had locked lips in her bedroom. They’d only had one lesson together today – English Lit – and it was incredibly hard to not give anything away. Ali was in the lesson and was still giving them both the evil eyes, making it a lot harder to hold hands under the table. It was however easy for him to ask her out on a date tonight.

She’d been waiting all day to see Jasper again, their timetables were completely different; while Maddie finished at lunchtime and headed home to do some work, Jasper was in Economic followed by politics. Unfortunately she hadn’t managed to get much work done, being in her bedroom had brought back all the memories of the kiss and all she could do was sit there with a stupid grin on her face.

When she hadn’t gotten any work done she’d taken a shower and gotten changed in anticipation for their date, now all she had to do was wait for him to arrive.

Ding Dong!

Her heart began to race as she grabbed her things and rushed downstairs. “I’ll get it!” She pulled the door open wide and was disappointed when she didn’t see Jasper on her doorstep but instead his little sister. “Oh hi Lucy, Kate’s in the lounge if you want to go through.” Maddie was about to close the door when she noticed a familiar hand waving from outside her garden gate, the top of a head came into view along with two deep blue eyes.

As she closed the front door behind her and walked down the steps she felt a smile spread across her face. By the time she reached the street it had turned into an enormous grin that would put the Cheshire cat to shame. Her heart hadn’t stopped pounding since the doorbell had rung and it only increased when she stood a few inches away from Jasper.

He stood in jeans, converse and the black jacket she’d borrowed from him all those days ago in the park. Jasper took his hands out of his pockets and pulled her behind a bush away from the prying eyes of their two sisters who were no doubt spying on them through the lounge window. His right hand brushed her waist as his left moved up to cup her face, he looked her straight in the eyes and grinned lopsidedly as he leaned down to kiss her.

Too soon he pulled back and she pulled his face back down to hers. “No, I need a little more.” As soon as her lips brushed his he pulled away from her again, grinning even wider than before.

“I can’t otherwise we’re going to be late.” He pulled her right hand into his and kissed the back of it, they began walking up the street hand in hand.

“Late for what?” Maddie asked as she looked up at Jasper.

“Ah, that’s for me to know and for you to find out.” He joked to himself, Maddie twisted his arm behind his back in a way she knew would hurt like hell. “Okay, okay! We’re going to the revival cinema, they’re showing all the John Hughes’ films, tonight is Pretty in Pink.” She let him get his arm back into a comfortable position but didn’t let go of his hand, it felt completely comfortable and natural there.

Pretty in Pink, that’s one of my favourite films.” Maddie looked up at him surprised.

“I overheard you and your sister talking about it once, then I noticed it was on and I thought it would make a good date movie. It is a love story after all.” He smiled down at her and her heart skipped a beat, she hadn’t really realised before but Jasper really was gorgeous; well she’d noticed but it had never really registered.

His features fit his face just right, his lips were slightly plump and totally kissable, his nose was cute and his hair lay perfectly tufty, looking like he’d just woken up and pushed his hands through it. However all these were nothing compared to his eyes, they say they’re the window to the soul and that was exactly right for Jasper; they conveyed every emotion, every feeling and the look he was giving her at that precise moment was turning her insides to butterflies and mush.

They headed into Arsenal tube station and downstairs towards the platform, they stood hand in hand smiling at each other as they waited for the train. After a couple of minutes the tell-tale rush of wind blew through the tunnel and the mass of people waiting to board moved to the yellow line that was the boundary between platform and tracks. They waited for the hundreds of commuters to exit through the doors in their pinstriped suits with briefcases and umbrellas before they stepped into the carriage.

There were no seats left so they leaned on the cushions by the small door at the end of the carriage, Maddie perched her bum on the high seat while Jasper stood in front of her blocking her view of the rest of the carriage. He grabbed onto one of the hanging handles as the train set of with a bump at rocket speed.

“So John Hughes films, huh? I wouldn’t have thought that was your scene.” She tilted her head to the side and shrugged her shoulders at him.

“Why not? I’ve always been a bit of a hopeless romantic. The Breakfast Club has to be one of the best high school films ever made, I mean come on!” He raised his right fist into the air exactly like the character Bender did in the film and grinned at her. The jolted round a bend and sent her lurching to her left, Jasper quickly shot his arm out to catch her and prevent her from falling flat on her face.

Maddie grabbed hold of his arm to steady herself and found herself standing close to him again, she looked up into his face and smiled coyly. Stretching her face up to his she captured his lips with hers, he pushed her back into the cushion and moved his right hand up to her hair. They continued to kiss until somebody cleared their throat next to them, the two of them broke apart and realised that the train had stopped and that someone wanted to get past them and into the carriage.

Maddie looked away embarrassed as her face flushed and Jasper moved to her side to clear the way. She cautioned a glance up at him and saw him smiling at her, they both began shaking with laughter as Jasper took her hand in his. They managed to keep their hands and lips away from each other as they travelled the Piccadilly line down to Leicester Square.

After queuing with more commuters they emerged hand in hand into the evening dusk, they headed into the trees and stopped to look at the statue of Charlie Chaplin. He smiled down at them giving his permission for the couple to continue with their date. Jasper lead the way towards one of the streets off of the square and into one of the Georgian buildings that now housed a cinema.

The foyer was filled with people standing around chatting and waiting to buy tickets and popcorn, Jasper pulled her towards the queue and reluctantly let go of her hand to get his wallet out of his pocket. Maddie reached for her own purse but froze when she saw the look on Jasper’s face. “Don’t you dare! I’m paying tonight, for everything. It’s a date the man should pay.” He gave her a serious look and she removed her hands from her purse and held them up in surrender.

A smile broke across his face as they moved forward in the queue, Maddie stretched up and whispered in his ear making him shiver. “You know you’re really cute when you’re trying to be serious. It’s incredibly hard to resist kissing you right now.” He looked out of the corner of his eyes and raised his eyebrows, a grin quirked on his face and he put his left hand on her waist and pulled her into his body. Her breath caught in her throat as his eyes bored into hers.

“How can I help?” The young woman behind the counter asked they walked up to the barrier between them, she was blonde and petit and eyeing Jasper up. Jealousy clawed inside Maddie’s chest as she battered her eyelashes at him.

“Hi, I’ve got two tickets booked for Pretty in Pink under the name Jasper Barratt.” He smiled at the girl and the green-eyed monster in Maddie reared its ugly head ready to attack.

“Jasper, that’s such a great name.” She began sifting through the papers on the desk in front of her and smiled up at Jasper every few seconds. Maddie had had enough, she pulled Jasper around and perched on her tip toes as she crushed her lips on his. His hands moved round to her back pulling her into his body, she clawed at his jacket trying to pull him closer now having completely forgotten they were in a public place with people staring at them.

The sound of someone clearing their throat once again brought their attention back to reality, they pulled apart looking dazed. The blonde girl handed their tickets over not able to hide her disappointment, Jasper took the tickets and stepped out of the way of the people behind them. “What was that?” He asked still dazed and confused.

“What? Aren’t I allowed to kiss you whenever I want to?” Maddie tried hard to hide the jealousy in her voice, evidently not hard enough as a sly grin stretched across his face.

“You are so jealous of that girl behind the counter!”

“Am not!” She shot back, her face flushing pink.

“So are!” He pulled her hand into his and headed towards the refreshments counter. He bent his head down to her and whispered in her ear making her shudder from head to toe. “It’s kind of sexy.” They ordered a large tub of salty popcorn and a couple of colas before making their way into the movie theatre. Jasper led the way to the middle of a row about three quarters of the way up and sat down, Maddie slipped into the seat next to him and rested the popcorn tub on her knee.

People began filling the seats around them and the lights eventually went down leaving them in near darkness. Maddie settled into her seat ready to enjoy 90 minutes of carefree young love with Molly Ringwald and her zany best friend who was now in Two and a Half Men and a soundtrack made by Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark’s If You Leave. Jasper took her hand in his and entwined his fingers in hers at the moment Blane asks Andie to the prom and they remained like that until the credits rolled.

As the lights came up, Maddie glanced to her left and found herself looking into jasper’s eyes, they danced with the light from the big screen and sheer contentedness of being there with her. “Hi.”

“Hi.” She smiled back at him, they put their empty popcorn bucket and drink cups on the floor and exited the cinema with everybody else. It was dark when they got outside and the streetlamps and Christmas lights had sprung into life making Leicester Square festive and intimate. Jasper stopped still as they reached the middle of the gardens they’d walked through earlier and pulled Maddie back into him.

When she was nestled comfortably against the warmth of his body he pointed his right arm up to the sky, her gaze followed his finger and landed on a streak of light moving through the sky. “That’s a shooting star, you’re meant to wish on it as it shoots across the sky!” She glanced away from the sky and into Jasper’s face, he had his eyes scrunched up and his mouth in a straight line. She suppressed a chuckle and closed her own eyes to make a wish.

Jasper was waiting for her when she opened them again, he lowered his face to hers and brushed her lips with his setting a wave of goose bumps and electricity off across her whole body. Her arms twisted around his neck and pulled him closer to her, when their lips broke apart they stayed centimetres away from each other.

“What did you wish for?” He asked softly as he gazed into her eyes.

“That!” She said breathlessly and he smiled in return. The two of them headed back through the trees and bright fairy lights towards the underground station. It was less busy at this time of night so they managed to get a seat all the way back to Arsenal station. The wind had begun to pick up as they walked to the street they both called home and the both of them huddled together as they tried to shelter from the icy chill.

They reached their gates and Jasper followed Maddie through hers, escorting her all the way to the top of her front steps. She turned to look at him and felt her breath go again, the effect he had on her was slightly worrying. He smiled as pushed a stray piece of hair behind her left ear, leaning forward he brushed his lips against hers making her heart jump in her ribcage. He pulled back and smiled at her through his eyelashes.

“I had a really great time tonight, thank you. I’ll see you tomorrow.” He dropped down the steps hesitantly, keeping hold of her hand until he couldn’t reach her anymore. He then walked backwards smiling at her all the way to the road. She watched as he walked up to his own front door.

“Goodnight Jasper.” She whispered softly and stepped through her front door. When it was closed she leant against it and sighed happily, Kate came out of the living room a smile plastered across her face.

“You really like him don’t you?” Kate asked as she looked at Maddie with her arms crossed. Maddie smiled to herself and nodded at her sister, realising that she wanted to be with Jasper and relishing in the fact that she was with him now. Kate grinned and headed back into the lounge, Maddie kept smiling to herself as she felt her phone buzz with a text in her pocket. She pulled it out and her smile grew wider still.

 Thanks for the great night and all the kisses. They were mind-blowing! Miss you already!  J xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.2K 1.7K 40
"I want how it was before. I want it all with you in my life again... I'm asking you to stay." Miles Cobain-Smith An aloof and detached logician, he...
11.7M 518K 74
Mia Collins just wanted to get through her senior year of high school with as minimal awkward situations as possible. However, that's kind of hard to...
10.1K 689 36
A Not so Typical teen love story where she loves him he doesn't , but then he falls for her and they live happily ever after!!.. Isn't that what ever...
26.7K 919 50
Maddie has the devastating misfortune of being stuck with her enemy, Wes Tyler, for the ENTIRE summer break. But what's a misfortune for Maddie happe...