Life of Coincidences (Amoursh...

By Nitrump

Nineteen years old Ash is living still working on his dream while staying in prof. Cerise's lab. But thanks t... More

Chapter 1 - Research in Hoenn
Chapter 2 - The Grand Festival Party
Chapter 3 - Petalburg City
Chapter 4 - The Reunion
Chapter 5 - The Fever
Chapter 6 - Morning
Chapter 7 - Feelings
Chapter 8 - Engagement
Chapter 9 - Unexpected Visit
Chapter 10 - Camping
Chapter 11 - I Love You
Chapter 12 - Morning Wake Up
Chapter 13 - Friends, Family and Pokemon
Chapter 14 - Pallet Town
Chapter 15 - Ash's Home
Chapter 16 - The Date
Chapter 17 - The Qualification
Chapter 18 - Iris and Cilan
Chapter 20 - Arriving in Kalos
Chapter 21 - Clemont and Bonnie
Chapter 22 - Just a normal day in Vaniville
Chapter 23 - The Evolution Battle
Chapter 24 - The Article before the Master Class
Chapter 25 - The Power Couple Wedding
Chapter 26 - The Group Draw
Chapter 27 - Today: Training, Tomorrow: Battle
Chapter 28 - The First Battle of them All
Chapter 29 - The Power of Alola
Chapter 30 - To Ease My Mind
Chapter 31 - Redemption for Evolution
Chapter 32 - A Day Off and Ninja's Return
Chapter 33 - A Not so Photo Finish
Chapter 34 - A Fight Against Darkness
Chapter 35 - Thoughts of Champions
Chapter 36 - Champion Time
Chapter 37 - Rewrite the History
Chapter 38 - There's a Wedding in Alola
Chapter 39 - A Path to the Elite Four
Chapter 40 - The First Day of the Rest of Your Life
New Year Special - Time Skip Sequel
Tag

Chapter 19 - The Tag Battle

3.4K 67 8
By Nitrump

Third person's POV

"The tag battle between the team of gym leader Iris and gym leader Cilan and the team of champion Ash and performer Serena will now begin. Each side will be using two Pokemon at one time. The battle will end when both Pokemon on one side will be unable to battle." Referee went through the rules and all four people on the battlefield nodded.

"Please send out your Pokemon." The referee announced and Cilan reacted first.

"Dear Stunfisk! Come on out!" Cilan yelled and his trusty Trap Pokemon emerged from the Pokeball the Connoisseur threw above himself.

Serena acted next. Ash's Riolu jumped up and was boosted by her hands.

"Let's go Riolu!" She said and spun around one time while Riolu did some front flips in the air and landed on one knee and palm before standing up and taking a battle stance.

"Gabite! Help me out!" Iris yelled and threw the Pokeball revealing the Cave Pokemon.

"I see you have a Gabite." Ash stated and stopped Pikachu from going to the battlefield.

"If it's a Dragon type you want. It's a Dragon type you get!" Ash said getting one of his Pokeballs on the belt and pressing the button on it so the Pokeball got its normal size. "Dragonite! I choose you!" He announced next and after the Dragon Pokemon got from the Pokeball, he did a loop on the air before landing on the battlefield with his typical battle cry.

"All right, it's a battle between the team of Stunfisk and Gabite and the team of Riolu and Dragonite. Battle begins!" The referee said waving his hand to start the battle.

The Alolan Champion reacted first.

"Dragonite! Dragon Dance!" Ash commanded as his Dragon Pokemon raised his attack and speed.

Cilan tried to use a Thunder Shock at Ash's Dragon/Flying type but Dragonite, raising his attack and speed, dodged it.

"Gabite, use Draco Meteor!" Iris told to her Dragon/Ground type.

"Dragonite, dodged it while using Dragon Dance!" Ash said and his pseudo-legendary Dragon prepared to dodge every meteor aiming at him.

"Stunfisk, shock him so he could not dodge." Cilan said and an electric beam engulfed Dragonite.

"Dragonite! You must dodge the Draco Meteor! Hurry!" Ash urged his Pokemon but the Pseudo-legendary was unable to fight the electricity shot by the Trap Pokemon.

Ash couldn't do anything. He was practically only waiting to his Pokemon get hit by super effective move like Draco Meteor.

"Riolu, use Double Team and using Force Palm destroy the meteors falling directly on Dragonite." Serena commanded.

The Emanation Pokemon belonging to her boyfriend obeyed. The still baby Fighting type multiplied himself and with enormous speed destroyed every meteor that was about to hit Dragonite.

Everyone in the gym, including Serena, was left in awe as the meteors destroyed by Riolu burst into million pieces and glittered with red and orange color like a firework before disappearing into thin air.

"That was awesome Serena! Thanks for saving Dragonite." Ash said turning to his right. "Let's win this!" He said next and earned a nod and smile from the honey-blond girl.

With a next command from Ash, a world stopped for a moment from Riolu's point of view. The massive wave of aura was released by his trainer, when he commanded the Dragon Pokemon, which was of course felt only by the Emanation Pokemon... Riolu looked down at his arms as his palms began glowing brightly blue before he was returned to the reality by the girl who he was battling alongside for now.

"Vacuum Wave!" Serena called and Riolu, forgetting about the strange action, shot few Vacuum Waves in front of him, hitting Stunfisk who was trying to get close and pushed him back while doing some damage.

No one noticed Riolu's palms glowing, only Ash commented that his Vacuum Wave was a lot stronger this time.

The battle continued with a good pace.

Dragonite hit Gabite with Dragon Claw. Gabite hit Riolu with Earthquake, Stunfisk was able to score some hits too, Riolu hit some Reversal and Force Palm and there were some moves which were dodged, but beside this nothing major happened.

"Stunfisk, use Camouflage!" Cilan commanded but didn't realized one thing. Stunfisk becoming Normal type thanks to the surroundings. The realization came second after Serena called Reversal. Stunfisk being Normal type has become weak against Fighting types.

"Stunfisk is unable to battle!" The referee called as Iris face palmed.

"Cilan!? What did just happen?" Iris asked her tag battle partner.

"I ... I ... don't know ... I f-forgot that Stunfisk will become Normal type ... I hoped for Dragon type because of this gym. I hoped for the sweet battle taste but got it really bitter. Sorry Iris." Cilan said when he returned his faithful Trap Pokemon.

"Everyone makes a mistake once in a while. I'm not an exception." Ash shouted across the battlefield to cheer up his Unova friend.

"But as a gym leader I should not be doing these mistakes." Cilan whispered to himself while leaving the battlefield.

Iris' Gabite was from now by himself in this fight and did not last long despite his great battling skills. Ash and Serena worked in perfect sync and were able get the win.

Serena's POV

"Outnumbered..." Iris sighed as she returned her Gabite and thanked the Cave Pokemon for the good job.

"Thanks, Dragonite you were awesome." Ash said giving Dragonite a hug which was returned by the Dragon/Flying type. After that, he returned the pseudo-legendary to the Pokeball.

I kneeled down to the Pokemon I was battling alongside with.

"Awesome job Riolu. Thanks." I said petting the Fighting type.

Ash soon joined me.

"You were both awesome." He said with a smile. "Take a good rest Riolu."

This time, exhausted Riolu didn't refuse return to the Pokeball. He only smiled and bowed before red light engulfed him and he was sucked into the Pokeball.

"Nice battling Serena." Ash said as we stood up and fist bumped.

"Thanks Ashy. You're more than awesome battler." I said and he grabbed me around my shoulders with his left hand.

"I'm always forgetting how great battler you're Ash. You were awesome too Serena." Iris said when we met in the middle of the battlefield.

"The flavor of Ash's battling style is exquisite, but it's even better mixed with Serena's. You two are made for each other." Cilan said. I blushed and Ash simply smiled as we thanked him and Iris for the kind words.

"You were great too." Ash returned.

"Yeah, you're the best gym leaders I've ever battled against." I said and we all begun laughing knowing that Iris and Cilan are the only gym leaders I've ever battled against.

"No, seriously I wouldn't stand a chance without Ash. I'm only a performer." I said.

"Oh, c'mon Serena. Don't underestimate yourself. You've defeated so many other people on your way to the Grand Festival finale." Ash said and I thought how sweet it is from him. Guess he's right, I should be more confident.

And with that, we took our Pokemon to the Pokemon Center, me and Ash booked a room there and then we had a dinner together in a restaurant a few minutes of walking away from the Pokemon Center.

The conversation topics at the dinner were of course "How did Ash became the Alolan Champion" and "How did me and Ash met"

We all four agreed to explore the city together as a plan for tomorrow and left the restaurant.

Riolu popped out of his Pokeball the moment before I hooked onto Ash's arm.

"What's up Riolu?" I asked the Fighting type when he climbed on my shoulders.

"Riolu felt your feelings and came out to protect you." Ash explained.

"But I'm not scared." I said.

"But you hooked onto my arm for comfort and safety, didn't you? You may not realize it, but you weren't feeling completely safe before." Ash said and I realized that he's telling the truth. I really hooked onto his arm for comfort and safety.

I thanked Riolu for worrying about us and we went to the Pokemon Center.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kinda boring chapter I know...

I realized that this tag battle is uselles, so I left there a few hints for future and made it rather short.

I'm so sorry for not uploading for a long time.

Also there could be a chapter 19,5 some times in the future. And you know what will happen in there... (don't worry it will be separated in a special book)

'Till next time

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 141 16
Nineteen years old Ash Ketchum chasing his dream to be a pokemon master and 18 year old Serena Yvonne is dreaming to be Kalos queen and she is too cl...
206K 3.1K 40
Amourshipping Story - (AshxSerena) Ash begins his training for the World Coronation Series Tournament. The winner of that tournament gets the honor...
77.3K 1.6K 23
The Sequel to "An Amourshipping Story" Disclaimer: I do not own any of these characters in this story or Pokèmon •~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•...
39.1K 870 9
Serena has a huge crush on Ash. He's brave, kind, caring, the list goes on. But most importantly he "Never Gives Up" 。。。 What will happen when Ash is...