We're Not Dead Yet (Split Sou...

By MarshmalowMilkshake

Part 2 in the Split Souls series. Check out part 1, Before I Die, first! With the new prophecy issued, the Av... More

Prologue: Rebirth... In A Way
1: Brothers' Return
2: Into the Mindscape
3: A Name Is Very Important
4: Time To Stop Avoiding
5: Dawn Of A Life
6: Bartonlings
7: How To Fluster A Prince
8: To Talk To Your Twin
9: The Face In The Mirror
10: We Name Thee
11: The Start of Something Greater
12: You Know What? He Can Deal With It
13: Less And More Serious Talking
14: Nightmare Memories
15: Awkward and Rough Conversations
16: Cabin 21
17: Christmas
18: A New Year
19: The STRIKE Team
20: Winter
21: It's Mythical And Real
22: A Story Of Twins
23: The Hardest Part
24: Last Grievances For The Ghost
25: Big Brother, Little Sister
26: A Switcheroo
27: Asgard
28: Getting Comfortable
29: Queens' Rage
30: A Claim
31: Entwine
32: Fury Falls
33: Bucky Is Not Having A Good Day
34: The Boyfriend
35: Close Calls
36: An Alliance
37: BlΓ³Γ°fang
38: What Just Happened?
40: Powers at Play
41: Percy Does Adulting

39: A Wedding

3.8K 176 117
By MarshmalowMilkshake

Loki and Kat arrived on the outskirts of where the decorations and celebrations were. 

"We are in so much trouble." Kat said.

"That was not how I intended for them to find out our relationship." Loki agreed.

"What are we gonna do?" Kat asked.

"Give them an hour or two to cool off, before we broach the topic again?" Loki suggested.

"Sounds good to me." Kat said, and looked down the street. 

"Would you like to explore?" Loki asked.

"Of course." Kat smiled.

~~~~~~

Awhile later, the couple made their way towards the lounge. The mortals and Olympians were there, waiting. Surprisingly the atmosphere wasn't what the two were expecting.

Thor had explained it to them, and they had come to an understanding. The rest of the time they'd spent waiting was consumed by chatter and conversation.

"Uh. Hi." Kat said shyly.

"There you are." Percy grinned, and waved her over.

"Where's Mom?" She asked as she sat down, Loki taking the remaining space beside her.

"With Queen Frigga." Natasha said.

Kat and Loki exchanged a similar expression. They didn't even need tele to know what the other was thinking. If both their mothers were together...

Aphrodite giggled. "They are so cute, are they not?"

"Thanks, Venus." Kat said.

"Before any of you threaten me, I'd like to say that I will not let any harm come to her." Loki said.

Any remaining tension in the air faded away. Soon they were all laughing and sharing stories. Kat told them of her studies in seidr, and Percy insisted that Stucky explain that Shield was gone.

So much had happened on Midgard. It was hard for Kat to believe.

Eventually, Kat and Loki took their leave. The couple made themselves comfortable in an oversized chair. She rested her head on Loki's shoulder, and Blodfang curled up at their feet.

"What is it?" Loki asked.

Kat didn't answer for a minute. She played with Loki's hand while she thought, their fingers linking and unlinking...

"I don't want to be a queen." Katha said softly.

Loki waited for her to continue. He wanted to hear her say it, and not assume anything.

"I'm not... I'm not suited for that. It's not me." Katha said. "Besides, Percy's already in charge there... And I'm not a proper Roman counterpart, so it would get really weird in regard to authority..."

"What are you going to do?" Loki asked.

"I think... I think I'm going to renounce my title. After the ceremony." Kat said.

"If that's what you want, then I support you." Loki said.

Kat nodded.

"Mm." Loki hummed. "You should go. We're not supposed to see each other before the ceremony."

Kat pouted. "Do I get a kiss goodbye?"

"You may have a kiss goodnight, Love."

"Even better."

~~~~~~

The day of the ceremony came with a peaceful dawn. Flowers and cloth streamers decorated the streets and beyond.

~~~~~~

In Loki's chambers, Thor helped him get ready.

Loki's suit was white silk, with pearl buttons, gold embroidery, and light lace at the cuffs and hem of his tunic. Gold pins held a silk organza cape in place, and it trailed down until it almost brushed the floor. His shoes were white leather, the toes covered in a beaded design.

The hair by his temples was pulled back from his face, styled in a way that Katha would describe as 'masculine elven'.

"Are you nervous?" Thor asked Loki.

"Not at all." Loki said, smiling.

~~~~~~

In the room prepared for Katha, Sally helped her get ready.

The bodice of Katha's dress was covered in delicate lace, white silk organza sleeves hung off shoulder. The skirt was a few layers of the sheer white silk over a golden base, giving it  a shimmering look in the light. She wore white leather slippers with golden embroidery.

Her hair was braided both elegantly and loosely, pearls and white blossoms somehow staying in place among the dark locks. She had earrings and a necklace in matching pearls. A golden comb kept the  beaded veil secured.

"Are you nervous?" Sally asked, making sure everything was in place. "I am."

"I'm not." Katha said. "I'm... Just really happy."

~~~~~~

At Loki's side, Odin stood dressed modestly in soft shades of lilac.

Behind them, Thor and Sif were wearing ceremonial armor, each carrying an ancient spear.

When the crowd of a thousand voices began to sing a sweet melody, Odin looked to Loki.

"Are you ready, my child?"

"I am." Loki nodded.

Odin looped his arm through Loki's, and stepped forward. He gently pushed aside the curtain, and they walked out of the gazebo like structure that had hidden their group from view.

Odin led Loki to the center pavilion where Frigga stood waiting in her own lilac gown, holding burning sage aloft. The Asgardian's song was beautiful, each voice making it whole as they harmonized. They sung of love and protection, a song older than any Asgardian alive.

Loki stopped in front of Frigga, and Odin kissed Loki's forehead before standing behind his wife's shoulder.

On the opposite side of the pavilion was another gazebo. Inside, Sally had been given a lilac gown as well, and she stood beside Katha. Behind the pair of them, Percy and Natasha wore the same ceremonial armor as Thor and Sif, and carried the same spears.

"Here we go." Sally said, recieving the cue to go from a servant.

Kat could hear the joy and excitement in the Asgardian voices, and she supposed this was what a choir of angels sounded like.

As she walked, she was glad that the golden underskirt was stiff enough that it kept the possibility of tripping at bay. As she got closer to the pavilion, Loki's silhouette became clearer. It was tricky to try and make out details through the veil.

The last bars of the song tapered off gracefully as she reached the pavilion. Loki had one hand covering a gentle smile, in awe of her beauty.

Kat stopped in front of Frigga and Loki. Sally lifted the veil with care, so it settled gently behind her head. Like Odin, she too kissed Katha's forehead, and then stood behind Frigga's other shoulder.

In the silence, Frigga took a gentle hold of each of their hands, and said a quiet blessing.

When she finished, Loki and Katha took hold of each other's hands. Frigga raised her hands to the sky, and the Asgardians began a new song-  this one without words. Some had brought the instruments that sung the song the song for millenium.

This time the words were spoken between Katha and Loki, something akin to vows. When they finished speaking, they kissed. It was brief, and chaste.

That was when the cheers and laughter began.

~~~~~~

After Kat and Loki had danced for what felt like hours, they pulled away from the main crowd to where a couple of their companions were talking.

After a while of talking with them, Kat nudged Percy, and jerked with her chin towards Hera. Percy nodded, and they made their way over to her.

She was standing by herself, an Asgardian mead in hand.

"Juno." Kat greeted.

"Congratulations, your majesty." Hera said.

"Thank you." Kat said. "How are you doing?"

"What do you mean?" Hera asked.

"You look upset." Percy said.

Hera stiffened. "It would not do to speak of woes and regrets at a wedding."

"So it's Zeus, then." Percy said as Kat said "So it's Jupiter, then."

Hera looked at them strangely. Percy and Kat shared a look.

"You know, there's this thing called divorce." Katha said.

Hera scoffed. "What, the goddess of marriage, get a divorce?"

"I don't see why not." Kat said.

"It's ridiculous. What kind of example would I be setting?" Hera said, and took a drink of mead.

"A good one." Percy said. "Not all marriages end up being good ones. It's better to leave a bad marriage than stay in it."

Hera paused mid sip. She blinked. Lowered her glass. "Well. No more talk of divorce. Today is a wedding, after all."

~~~~~~

When the sun had set, Loki and Kat took their leave. Loki held out a hand to teleport them.

"Where are we going?" Kat asked.

"You'll see." Loki said.

Kat grabbeed his hand the scenery shifted. They were at a villa on a lakeside.

"Is this-?" Kat asked, looking at Loki mischivously.

"A honeymoon villa?" Loki said. "Why, yes it is."

"It's just us here?"

"Just us." Loki said softly, grinning. "We can do whatever we want."

"Okay." Kat said. "I have one last question."

"And what is that?"

"Will I get to see what my wife looks like on our wedding day?"

Loki's form shifted to female, and Kat bit her lip.

"It's so, so, not fair." Kat said, barely a whisper.

"What's that?"

"That I get you. In both forms." Kat said. "You're perfect both ways."

"Don't sell yourself short," Loki said, leaning in close to Kat. "You enchanted me as well."

Kat stood on the tip of her toes to kiss Loki. Loki deepened the kiss, then pulled back. She pressed light kisses across Kat's face as she removed the decorations in her hair.

When all of Kat's hair was free, the shorter of the two reached for the pearl buttons of Loki's tunic.

"I love you."

"I love you more."

"Impossible."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.1K 1.4K 18
Dead. Gone. Percy's life has been decimated. His Wise Girl is dead. The seven are dead. Nico and Thalia are dead. Every single demigod older than...
301K 5.9K 24
Percy Jackson has been through a lot, two wars and he was barely eighteen both wars took their toll on the young hero but the war with Gaia was espec...
163K 4.8K 49
Yes, this is another soulmate story. Yes, you've probably seen quite a few of these. Yes, this is not an original idea at all. Yes, you can deal with...
595K 12.1K 28
Percy Jackson, after the war with Gaea, Percy has decided that he wanted a break from quests and wars. He leaves for the mortal world not wanting to...