LETHAL JOURNEY || TEWKESBURY...

By illusiveink

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 〭✴ ̽ ࣩBOOK 2 OF DELICATE ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 6TH OCTOBER 2020 ࿐ྂ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ •*⁀➷ COMPLETED !! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀☁︎ 11 PM (PHT / G... More

𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐋 𝐉𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐄𝐘
𝐈𝐌𝐏𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐒
𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓 + 𝐆𝐔𝐈𝐃𝐄
𝐢.
𝐢𝐢.
𝐢𝐢𝐢.
𝐢𝐯.
𝐯.
𝐯𝐢.
𝐯𝐢𝐢.
𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢.
𝐢𝐱.
𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐂.
𝐱.
𝐱𝐢.
𝐱𝐢𝐢.
𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢.
𝐱𝐢𝐯.
𝐱𝐯.
𝐱𝐯𝐢.
𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢.
𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢.
𝐱𝐢𝐱.
𝐱𝐱.
𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
BOOK 3 RELEASED

𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

13.2K 439 1.4K
By illusiveink

LETHAL JOURNEY ࿐ྂ
───── 🏹ׅ۬∙ ─────
Prologue

1886

Y/N HAS DECIDED NOT TO STAY IN the Basilwether estate just like Tewkesbury has offered her after their sweet little moment. The girl made quite the fortune when she began a shop herself in London. Making dresses here and there, inserting little notes to layers of petticoats about promising themselves to fight for what's right when the time comes.

She and Tewkesbury had a plan to start a project about that. They planned to bring it up to the parliament, and there's something stopping them from doing so. The favour and the votes of the lords and everyone in the country.

What if they think it's unruly and unnecessary especially when 40% of the women, even some men didn't even get to cast their votes the last time.

"Y/N, the young lord has sent another gift for you. That's the third time this week. He's truly smitten!" Y/N's assistant appeared in the doorway of her bedroom, holding a small cream box with an exquisite lace to secure it. She handed it to the lady who smiled brightly as she took it.

"Thank you, Laville," she said as she untied the knot. Upon taking the lid off, she saw a slightly thick parchment folded in half with a simple necklace that sparkled under the light of the chandelier hanging above her.

L/N took the paper first and started to read.

⋆·˚ ༘ * 🕯️

Dearest Y/N,

Come to Basilwether tonight. We have a matter to discuss. Oh, and I hope you like the little gift. I made it myself. My instructor told me it isn't perfect, but I will improve. See the crooked edge of the chain? I'm going to make a better accessory for you next time. I promise.

I'm desperately hoping for you to wear it tonight along with your best dress. I'll be thinking of you.

Yours,

Nitwit

⋆·˚ ༘ * 🕯️

The girl chuckled and shook her head at his silly nature. She took the necklace and gave it a light peck before putting it on. What a wonderful gift it was — although imperfect, it was the thought that counted the most. Y/N called for her assistants to help her get ready for the night.

Layers and layers of heavy fabric wrapped around her body. As the finishing touches were made, the dress made her nothing but a flattering lady in front of a clear mirror, sides embedded with golden plasters.

"Laville, have you ever wondered about reaching the stars?" She asked. What a question it truly was.

"No, miss. I don't think I've had enough time to wonder about something of pure fantasy," her assistant mumbled as she took the papers wrapped around her hair to reveal a perfect curl. "But what made you ask?"

"Chocolates," Y/N simply replied with a smile towards her companion.

⋆·˚ ༘ * 🕯️

Arriving at the estate brought back memories that she doubts she will ever forget. The girl looked around and exhaled sharply, rubbing her back shamelessly. Y/N stretched her legs along with her foot in an unlikely manner. Suddenly, Tewkesbury appeared, running towards her and giving her a tight hug. The boy pulled away and grabbed her hand, kissing the back of it.

"Careful. You're acting like Mycroft." Y/N taunted. The boy nervously laughed and cleared his throat, fixing his posture.

"Enola's face when she talked about him," they both laughed. "What a sight," he sighed in a dreamy manner as he stared at the girl before him.

"That sounded like it had two meanings," she replied with a smirk slowly appearing on the side of her lips.

"Yet I meant them."

"Flatterer," Y/N laughed. The young lord shook his head as he joined the little eruption of snickers.

"We haven't seen each other for a week. Is it really that bad to etch your face up here?" He made contact with his forehead using his index finger.

"Not in a creepy way, you daft!" She exclaimed. Tewkesbury offered his arm as she looped hers in.

"Welcome home!" The boy said enthusiastically.

"We indeed call a place where we almost got murdered; home."

⋆·˚ ༘ * 🕯️

"So you're saying five of the lords will be in there in your huge dining room?" Y/N asked, whispering as she fixed the collar of her lover.

Tewkesbury laughed, "Yeah."

"Are we really gonna do it? Tell them about the project we've been planning?"

"It's now or never, Y/N." The young lord said and held his hand out for her to take as they never break eye contact. The large heavy doors with elegant carvings of the family crest were pushed open before them as the girl placed her hand on his.

"The lord and — lady have arrived!"

Y/N could see the other lords watch them intently as they joined the table. A lord leaned slightly to his side and said something in a quiet voice making the others laugh. The girl didn't mind this and put her hands on her lap as she waited for Tewkesbury to talk.

"Gentlemen, this is Lady Y/N L/N. She's one of our guests and I expect — "

"You will expect nothing of such. Why mention her name with the last name her father has given her? I thought she was disowned." A man interjected.

"Lord Barron, please let the boy speak first." The lord next to him said.

"And why is the title 'Lady' uttered before her name? She isn't your spouse." Another man pointed out.

Y/N took a deep breath and clenched her fist under the large table. Tewkesbury saw this and rushed his hand to hers. He slowly and carefully interlaced their fingers together as he drew small circles on the back of her hand with his thumb. She turned her head and tugged a grateful smile as he gave her a reassuring squeeze.

"As I was saying, I'm expecting each and everyone of you to respect her — treat her as one of us. If I ever hear a word or see an action of taunt, I will not hesitate to throw you out of this estate. Y/N is not your average woman, let me tell you that." Tewkesbury said.

Everyone in the table leaned on their seats and sighed, nodding. One of the lords chuckled in amusement. He glanced at the girl before turning to the youngest lord.

"I agree with you. Last time I heard, she killed the murderer sent after her. This girl has survived a critical injury. Amusing. Always been impressed by the story the moment I read it. With that, you have my respect. I am Lord Leucreon of Castlerenian and I am deeply honoured to be in your presence, Lady L/N." He said.

"I can say the same to you, but please, call me Y/N." The girl said, beaming. She looked at the other lords who seemed sceptical. "I believe in this table, I deserve each of your names?"

Lord Barron scoffed. "She doesn't even know our names! What is this daft dinner?"

"Not knowing someone's name doesn't mean they don't know what they've done and what they are." L/N snapped.

"How can you let this girl speak like that to me? If you're not under one of the lords' protection, you'll be sent straight behind bars."

"Lord Barron, that's quite enough. We do owe her our names." An unknown man said. "I am Lord Theron of Luminaire. Pleased to meet you, Y/N."

"Lord Allistair of Dustleton."

"I suppose you already know who I am. Lord Baron of Ferdonia." The grumpy looking man said.

"How could I forget?" Y/N asked, tone almost tempting the flame of the man's short temper. She forced a smile and continued, "That name doesn't suit you. Can I call you 'Grumpy' instead?"

In pure anger, the man grumbled and stood up, ready to cause such a scandalous scene when Lord Allistair held his shoulder and made him sit down on his chair once again.

"You told us to respect her, we did and this is how she treats us?" Barron grumbled.

Tewkesbury tried his best to hide his smile as he shrugged. He secretly loved the words Y/N spits out whenever someone attempts to tamper with her.

"Treat you," Lord Leucreon corrected.

"Did you respect me when it came to my family name, Lord Grumpy?" He only stared at her, speechless. She squinted her eyes at him and arched an eyebrow, "Thought as much."

"Now, let's get down to business. Y/N and I invited you for dinner tonight to discuss an important project we came up with." Tewkesbury started.

The girl squeezed his hand. Everyone at the table looked at him, listening attentively. Lord Barron, however, was just asking a servant to pour a La Vieille Ferme wine in his glass goblet. The man started drinking his wine as Tewkesbury took a deep breath. "Equal rights for women."

Lord Barron choked on his drink and coughed until his eyes watered. His face was tainted red and Y/N couldn't explain how amusing this was. No one paid attention to him as he struggled to call for a servant. Two butlers looked at each other, dubious, trying to make a telepathic conversation, eyes wide as they gestured for each other to offer their assistance to the nobleman.

Much to their dismay, none of them wanted to move unless they moved together. So, both of them scurried to the choking man, bumping into each other every time they moved to do something. The other blonde butler offered a towel out of panic and confusion. Barron slapped the towel away as the next butler with black hair offered a drink. The man cursed at them in the background as the table continued to busy themselves with the discussion of such a striking idea.

"Are you two daft? You know how strict the rule is."

"What are the benefits?" Lord Theron asked.

"How do you think people will take this?"

"You jest, Lord Tewkesbury."

"Gentlemen! Let me answer. The advantages of this movement include the increase of the economy. The more workers, the more money gets around. Second benefit, the rate of poverty will decrease. Women are as skilled as men, smart as men and may possibly be stronger." Tewkesbury said convincing his companions.

"What's in it for us?" Lord Allistair asked.

"Great reputation. People of Dustleton will worship you and with that, they will trust whatever you do in your vassal. Most of all," Tewkesbury leaned on the table. He knew that he was about to say something that would seal the proposal, "Money."

The lords nodded in understanding. ""How are we going to promote our project to the parliament, and what of the Queen? What will they say?"

"Gentlemen, this work will take years. We have a lot to persuade and by doing that, we have to gain our citizen's trust." Y/N said. Everyone was still ignoring the choking Lord as they spoke.

"What are you saying?" Lord Theron asked.

"Funds! Unity tours! Events that will raise money for charity. We'll give them to the poor to make them support us. Balls are the most exclusive ones! We befriend the other ranks until we earn their support." Y/N answered.

Lord Leucreon chuckled, "I didn't know you have quite the knowledge for politics. I have learned that I shall never underestimate you."

"Indeed. Full of surprises, she is." Lord Allistair agreed. "You picked a good one, Lord Tewkesbury."

The pair blushed as they taunted them.

"Right. When are we going to start?" Lord Theron asked.

"After Lord Barron finishes his choking session." Y/N said and looked at the man.

He cleared his throat and let out one last cough before asking, "What?"

"I suggest hosting a masquerade ball. Does anyone second my motion?" She asked.

The lords nodded except for Barron. "What?! Feminism. It doesn't get you anywhere! This girl doesn't even have the skills to fight. How are we — "

Tewkesbury silently handed Y/N a butterknife. She took the sharp material with a smile. The young lord winked at her. She giggled and swiftly threw it just next to lord barron's hand on the table.

He jumped from his seat. Shocked from the sudden act. "Impressive, but you missed." The Lord of Luminaire stated.

"Y/N only misses when she means to, Lord Theron." Tewkesbury responded.

"Any more questions?" L/N asked, glancing at the men one by one with a sweet peculiar grin.

They gulped and looked down to their meals, raising their eyebrows in consideration. "No more, Lady L/N."

"No more."

"Thank you! Now, I'm thinking of starting the masquerade ball on Saturday."

EDITED
this has been edited by arsolaire.
21. O5. 2O22. previous author's
username is @-cleverlittleminx.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 113K 54
"You see him as an heir of your empire and not as a family member. All you care about is the inheritance and not the child. If all you want is an hei...
150K 3.6K 30
•*⁀➷ things happen for a reason, and 𝐡𝐞 was 𝐡𝐞𝐫 reason !!
128K 4.2K 17
"Let's run away together." || read description || In which you, Viscountess ______ Morgan, find some difficulty with being in love. Namely; being arr...
57.7K 1.4K 20
Enola Holmes' plan was to find her mother, but ended up meeting and helping two new people, Y/N Yellowfield and Viscount Tewkesbury. Read as one of...