❤ In A Heartbeat ❤

By thegirlinstarydreams

•| Can be read as a General Fiction |• To like someone is to love lightly while to love someone is to like de... More

ᴄᴏᴘʏʀɪɢʜᴛ©
| Character Sketch |
| O N E |
| T W O |
| T H R E E |
| F O U R |
| F I V E |
| S I X |
| S E V E N |
| E I G H T |
| N I N E |
| T E N |
| E L E V E N |
| T W E L V E |
| T H I R T E E N |
| F O U R T E E N |
| F I F T E E N |
| S I X T E E N |
| S E V E N T E E N |
| E I G H T E E N |
| N I N E T E E N |
| T W E N T Y |
| T W E N T Y - O N E |
| T W E N T Y - T W O |
| T W E N T Y - T H R E E |
| T W E N T Y - F O U R |
| T W E N T Y - F I V E |
| T W E N T Y - S I X |
| T W E N T Y - S E V E N |
| T W E N T Y - E I G H T |
| T W E N T Y - N I N E |
| T H I R T Y |
| T H I R T H Y - O N E |
| T H I R T Y - T W O |
| T H I R T Y - T H R E E |
| T H I R T Y - F O U R |
| T H I R T Y - F I V E |
| T H I R T Y - S I X |
| T H I R T Y - S E V E N |
| T H I R T Y - E I G H T |
| T H I R T Y - N I N E |
| F O R T Y |
| F O R T Y - O N E |
| F O R T Y - T W O |
| F O R T Y - T H R E E |
| F O R T Y - F O U R |
| F O R T Y - F I V E |
| F O R T Y - S I X |
| F O R T Y - S E V E N |
| F O R T Y - E I G H T |
| F I F T Y |
| F I F T Y - O N E |
| F I F T Y - T W O |
| F I F T Y - T H R E E |
| F I F T Y - F O U R |
| F I F T Y - F I V E |
| F I F T Y - S I X |
| F I F T Y - S E V E N |
| F I F T Y - E I G H T |
| F I F T Y - N I N E |
| S I X T Y |
| S I X T Y - O N E |
| S I X T Y - T W O |
| S I X T Y - T H R E E |
| S I X T Y - F O U R |
| S I X T Y - F I V E |
|S I X T Y - S I X |
| S I X T Y - S E V E N |
| S I X T Y - E I G H T |
| S I X T Y - N I N E |

| F O R T Y - N I N E |

3.3K 599 91
By thegirlinstarydreams

You reminded me what it feels like to love. 

You made me fall in love and, fuck, I don't want to lose that. 

I don't want to lose you.

***

Malhotra Apartment 

Manik entered his bedroom after having dinner with Nandini . He was smiling looking at the Doremon which Nandini gave him . He kept  the Doremon on the side table near the star and the monster that Nandini gave him , and stood straight and looked at the three stuffs Nandini gave him . He was smiling looking at them that he didn't noticed that his sister was all the time stalking him , and now was watching him from the entrance of the bedroom gate . 

" Good Job Bro , You are making a Progress . " Mukti said peeping at him , he shook his head at her comment . Seeing her brother not reacting she said again " Bro should I start calling Nandini , Sister-in-law now ? " 

Manik looked at her and saw she was gazing him with her ever so innocent pout , knowing her sister very well he asked " What do you want a favour or money ? " 

Mukti huffed at her brother and said " it doesn't have be one of those always . " 

He looked at her with his eyebrows raised asking if she really said it , she gave him a grin and asked " Why don't we have a close talk between a sister and brother ? " 

Manik rolled his eyes at her sister and said moving to the washroom " I will go and have a shower if you have came to just bore me . " 

Mukti moved inside the room in a rush and held his hand and said " Hold on , Let's go downstairs and talk with a bowl of fruits , I have prepared  it for you . " 

And without listening to Manik's protest , Mukti dragged Manik out of his room , down to the living room . 

----

Manik was settled on the couch having the fruits that Mukti prepared for him and also listening to the so called plan she wanted to execute . 

" So what do you think about it ? " She asked him , Manik looked at her and with a sigh he said " I already told you Mukti , I am not going to come in between you and Abhi . "

Mukti pouted at him and said " It's not just for me and Abhimanyu . I am doing this for you and Nandini . No , wait it's all about you and Nandini ."

Manik look at her with a serious look as if he knows that she is just buttering him up . Mukti knew his brother got to know her intention and hence with a sigh she said " I know you guys are going well. But I know she hasn't said those words yet . Do you know what's wrong with it ? " 

Manik look at her to continue what she was speaking and like a professional love guru she said " It's your profession of love . It is so plain and casual . She wouldn't be touched by that . " 

Manik rolled his eyes at her and said " Nandini doesn't read those stupid love novels like you . She doesn't need all that . " 

Mukti huffed at him and got up from the couch saying " But every girl looks forward for some special proposal in relationships . "  Manik look at her as if she is serious . 

Mukti slumped beside him and said " These Proposals would tell you what stage you guys are at , and also how important you are for each other . Think about it , If you guys are together in future and you look back at the beginning of your relationship , what would you like a simple proposal on the street or a romantic proposal with a setup that is hard to forget ? "

He looked at her as if she is serious , while she just started her description " Just Imagine , you take her to a super romantic place , beach , mountains , stars , ambience , and then you make a promise to her that you will always stay beside ..." 

" There is no mountains here ." Manik commented stopping her description .     

She glared him and said " That's not the point , okay ! " 

" The main point is you guys need a special place to confess your love and to create your own memory . " Mukti told him with excitement . 

Manik looked at her and asked what she had decided  " So ? "

" So we should have a getaway this weekend . I will take care of everything and Nandini . You take care of money and Abhimanyu . " Mukti grinned as she told him this . 

" I pay the money . So I can also ask Nandini out . " he said eating the fruits and then with a straight tone he looked at her and said " It's seems like you are useless . Then why should I get Abhimanyu for you ? " 

Mukti puffed her chest listening him as he indirectly hit her ego and said " It's my idea . It's my intellectual property . Manik Malhotra you can't be so ungrateful . "  

Manik chuckled at her comment and continued eating his fruits which just made Mukti sigh and she said " Think about it . Can you take Nandini down by yourself ? You can only ask her out for a movie , dinner or exhibition . If you wanna ask her out for a weekend and sleepover , go ahead . I bet you can't do it . "  

Manik glared her but he know what she is saying is right and hence just kept quiet . Seeing her brother had got her point she kept her arm on his shoulder and teasingly asked " What now ? Don't you think I am indispensable { indispensable = absolutely necessary } ? "      

He looked at her still not agreeing with her , knowing him she said " Only if you get Abhimanyu down , I will bring Nandini in front of you . " 

Manik thought for a few seconds and nodded at her which made her excited . 

----

Amigos Cafe 

The cafe was all busy the morning with Samira and Sanjana serving the customers and Nandini selling her stuffs which were kept in the cafe side . While Mukti was on the reception thinking about how to execute her plan . 

Seeing that many customers left after their completion and the remaining were served well , Mukti called all the three of the near the counter . As the trio came near the counter , Mukti cleared her throat and with a boss attitude she said " Our cafe has been opened for a while now . I know you guys are working very hard for it . " 

" Boss , the way you are speaking it feels like we are closing up . " Sameer said interrupting her in between . 

Mukti looked at him and made a tuch sound glaring him she asked " How can you say that ? "

" Yeah right , shut up ." sanjana said hitting Sameer's rib lightly . Sameer made a sorry face and sealed his lips. All giggled at his action . 

Nandini looked at Mukti and asked " Mukti , where is your speech going ? " 

Mukti grinned as she got back on the main topic she wanted to say so with an excited voice she started to speak " so what I was saying , to show my appreciation to you guys for all the hard work  you did , we are taking a getaway this weekend ." 

All the three of them looked at her in confusion , while Sameer and Sanjana asked her at the same time " Getaway ? " 

" I am paying for it . " Mukti said with authority so that they didn't deny for it . Sameer and Sanjana smiled and said " I am in , Thank you boss . " 

Mukti smiled at them and said " You two are great . " 

" But boss , our cafe usually have weekend completely packed with customers , if we close the cafe .. " Sanjana said .

Mukti looked at her and gave her a smile saying " I am the boss , and we can take a little break after the work we do , so don't worry . " 

" Boss , she is worrying about if it's a paid leave . " Sameer said .

" Off course it is . What's wrong with you guys ? I am treating you with so much happiness , are you coming or not ?  " Mukti asked them with an angry pout . 

" yes , Yes , Thank you boss . " Both said with a smile . 

After making them agree , Mukti turned to Nandini and said " Nandini you come with us too . " 

Nandini looked at her and with a little worry she said " I have two orders to ship this weekend . I am afraid ..." 

Mukti pouted at her answer and with a sad face she held Nandini's hand in hers and started her little drama to make Nandini agree " Nandini , come on . There are only four of us . What we three will do without you , we can't even play Ludo . "  

Nandini sighed in her thoughts , while Mukti signalled Sameer and Sanjana to pursue Nandini to make them agree . After a little persuasion and Nandini said " Okay fine . I will do some overtime this week . I will come with you .  "  

" yahhhh ... Group trip . " Mukti said with excitement . The trio nodded at her . 

" Don't worry , we can work hard this week and Nandini you can ship your orders before weekend . " Mukti said with enthusiasm . The trio nodded at her with a smile and then all of them went to their respective work .  

----

Aurora Healthcare 

Neha was settled on her desk , going through the phone as she was alone in the cabin . She was chuckling looking at the phone , when Ajay entered the cabin . He smirked looking at Neha and with a voice of authority he said like Manik " No phone at work . " 

Neha jumped on her seat as she listened him , she saw at the side and noticed Ajay giggling at her scared face , she moved from her seat towards him and hit him hard for scaring her for which he just laughed . 

They got settled down on their seats , when Neha said " Hey look . " She then passed him her phone , which had her messages on with a her friend who sent her a post of a art . 

Ajay looked at the post and it was of an art of a monster wearing doctor's coat with stethoscope around his neck . It was mainly nandini's sketch which she converted into a art and posted on her account which she made as an inspiration form Manik . 

{ Ps : I didn't found the appropriate sketch do please imagine it , and the monster is the same one which Nandini drew a few days ago .}

" This monster is so cool . " Ajay said as he looked at the post , and after observing it more he said " It looks like Dr. Manik . " 

" right ? Check the caption ." Neha said with a smile . 

Ajay looked at the caption and saw there was a nickname written their . 

" Mani " Ajay read , looking at the name and reading it again and again his eyes widen as he realised whose name it is . He was going to say it loudly but Neha shush her . 

He then looked at her and whispered slowly " Is it really Dr. Manik ? "

"Who knows . Hey do you know who design this ?" Neha said and she took her phone back and opened the account and showed him the owner of the account which was none other than Nandini . 

" She is Nandini Murthy , right ? " Ajay said  . 

" Bingo . The whole Hospital is looking at this . " Neha said to him . 

" Why did he let her do this ? " Ajay asked her . 

" He wouldn't if they were just friends ." Neha said with a teasing smirk . Ajay's eyes widened understanding her meaning and gleed , while Neha said " Dr. Manik's luck has finally arrived . " 

As she said this Manik arrived in the cabin . Ajay hit neha to stand up and both stood up facing Manik , and keeping the phone behind their back . 

Manik stood in front of them noticing their actions and also as he heard the last part of the thing Neha said so he asked " what luck ? "

" Ahhh..we... " Neha stammered not knowing what to say . As Manik knew both of them very well he forwarded his hand to her knowing she had her phone behind her back . Sighing as she got caught , Neha kept the phone on Manik's palm . 

Manik noticed the post of the monster's art , and well knowing the creator he smirked looking at the post . He passed neha her phone back and said the thing for which he came in the cabin  " I don't wanna remind you the department sessions every time , come on move now . " 

Both nodded at him and started following him to outside the cabin when he stopped and looked at them and with a casual tone said " No phone at work . "

Both nodded at him again and started going behind him but this time having a little mummers of he didn't yelled at them or got angry at them . 

***

❤ Chapter 49 ❤

 How was it . 

Hope you liked it . 

Don't be disappointed by the small update . I wanted the whole trip in one hence the next one will be a long one and the most awaited one . 

Precap : Romantic Time 💞

Stay Safe 

Love 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.4K 3.3K 7
✨""We spend our lives searching for meaning. Take a break. Let it find You.""✨ "I'm leaving!" She paused "I need a b...
161K 7.6K 45
This story revolves mainly around Nandini and Manik aka Manan. This story is how both will fall in love but they won't express their love. One mistak...
16.5K 1.4K 26
A manan story inspired by the malayalam movie NIRAM. To know more peep inside. Hope you guys like it.
132K 7.7K 50
Separated by the destiny, connected by their hearts! Their story was like a half crescent moon, Incomplete, yet Beautiful! Dive into this romantic sa...